Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2010-08-06 10:20 AM
in reply to: #3027324

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!
tmoran80 - 2010-08-06 10:04 AM We have a wedding on Saturday so the kids are at my Mom's all weekend.  I have a show tonight (late night) but I am hoping to do a long 2-3 hour bike ride in the morning and then a swim.  We'll see how I feel.  Sunday is an off day but I might do a long run to make up for last nights missed run after falling asleep.

On a more important note - I did my first flip turn today at the pool!!!  I have been putting this task off but found a really good video on this site and tried the steps and nailed it on my first try.  I know its stupid but it made my day -haha

Way to go!  Nothing stupid about that!  Growing up as a competitive swimmer, flip turns are old hat to me!  I hated when I was pregnant and my big belly got in the way of doing flip turns!

2010-08-06 10:20 AM
in reply to: #3027324

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
congrats on the flip turn T2! I think it is a big deal, so way to go!

My weekend consists of taking my daughter out for some fabric shopping to help her finish off her costume for an anime-con she is going to in a couple of weeks.  It's a very big deal to her and she has invested a lot of time it.  Tonight I am doing some speed training at the track.  Saturday it's another go at the grouse grind and then we are off to see cirque de soleil in the late afternoon.  Sunday is up in the air right now, I should be doing my long run in the morning, but my MT is doing a half marathon and his mom is in town and she has never seen him race, but has MS and is nervous in crowds so if she decides she wants to brave the crowds, I will be going along to support and take care of her.  So if that happens then I'll have to schedule my long run for later in the day. 

Pete and Erica, good luck on your races this weekend!
2010-08-06 11:56 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
T2 - Yay for the flip turn!  I've been doing them since I was a swimmer in grade school.  Hate them then, still hate them now...

My back is feeling a lot better today!  I rode this morning, a nice light ride.  And I'm hoping to get in a super light run tomorrow, followed by a swim in Lake Winneconne for practice since I've never done an OWS.  That sounds like a busy day for right before the race, but I need to make up for not working out at all Wednesday or Thursday for my own mental stability.  But I'm VERY excited to finally do it.  Getting nervous too because I have high expectations always...

Did I mention that we bought Ryan a tri bike last week?  We found a Lemond Ligoses(sp?) for $1100, and it fit him really well, and it's really all the bike he needs for now.  So we bought it as his birthday/Christmas gift from me.  At least I don't have to worry about a gift for him until Valentine's Day now!  I'm glad he got it, but I'll be able to afford a much sweeter one for myself when I'm done with law school.  Speed Concept, anyone? Wink

2010-08-06 12:46 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Busy morning already.  I am off fridays so I spent the morning taking my truck in to get some work done and catching up on paying bills and the checkbook.  I crashed at 830p last night and slept a straight 10hrs!  It was awesome and woke up at 630a without an alarm feeling refreshed. 

Everyone's got a busy weekend planned.  I've really got nothing but typical yard work and house cleaning.  I've gotta find something or I am sure the wife will find something for me to do!  I hit 200 even today!  So close to breaking it.  Workouts wise, I need a swim, bike, and run this weekend just not sure the order yet.  It's already scalding hot here so might go hit up the pool.

T2 - congrats on the flip turns.  i think it is a pretty big deal.  I still haven't taken the time to try and learn them.  have fun at the show.

Erica - glad to hear the back is doing better.  get that ows swim in for sure and have Ryan bump into you to get some practice!   good luck with your race!

Pete - good luck too!  kick some butt!

Sandra - have fun with the grind and enjoy a beer for me! 

Meggan - another busy weekend with the kids.  enjoy the cool water, and get that run in.

happy weekending!
2010-08-08 5:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Hey all, 

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've had a super busy week, and an even busier, and super emotional weekend.  It started by going home, instead of to the cottage, because my roommate's father passed away last week, and the visitation was on Friday evening, which I went to.  I am close with his family, too, so that was tough for everyone.  My parents came, too, and I think his family was very thankful I showed up.

Going home meant something else.  It meant my mom could make me go to a doctor concerning me getting light headed when I swim.  I can't remember if I told you guys, but it happened again last weekend after a mile swim.  So we went to a walk in clinic, and the doctor basically told me that I shouldn't really do anything strenuous, let alone race, until I had a lot of tests done (blood work, ultrasounds, EKG, ECG, halter test, anemia tests, epilepsy test...)  After a very emotional discussion with my mom and dad, I decided to race, anyways, because I felt comfortable with it.  I only have the problem when I do long, OWS with no swim cap on, so I thought I would do ok during the race.   My mom wasn't overly happy with it, but she said she'd be there and support me if I did it.  My dad was on my side, and said he thought I should race.  So I did.

Race went very well.  Swim was a bit hard, as there was a LOT on my mind, but it went ok.  I still am not great at sighting, but I finished where I was hoping to, at the front of the 2nd wave to come in to the swim exit.  The bike went really well, for the most part.  There were a few BIG hills that I wasn't expecting, so those really thrashed my legs.  But overall, super happy with the bike (14th overall).  The run, as expected, was my weak point.  I was 132nd overall.  I really need to work on my run.  I have to figure out how to get running faster, and keep up the pace.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I wrote up a race report.  I think you guys can see it here.

Edited by LockOut 2010-08-08 5:42 PM
2010-08-09 9:43 AM
in reply to: #3030455

User image

Expert
South Jersey
LockOut - 2010-08-08 5:41 PM Hey all, 

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've had a super busy week, and an even busier, and super emotional weekend.  It started by going home, instead of to the cottage, because my roommate's father passed away last week, and the visitation was on Friday evening, which I went to.  I am close with his family, too, so that was tough for everyone.  My parents came, too, and I think his family was very thankful I showed up.

Going home meant something else.  It meant my mom could make me go to a doctor concerning me getting light headed when I swim.  I can't remember if I told you guys, but it happened again last weekend after a mile swim.  So we went to a walk in clinic, and the doctor basically told me that I shouldn't really do anything strenuous, let alone race, until I had a lot of tests done (blood work, ultrasounds, EKG, ECG, halter test, anemia tests, epilepsy test...)  After a very emotional discussion with my mom and dad, I decided to race, anyways, because I felt comfortable with it.  I only have the problem when I do long, OWS with no swim cap on, so I thought I would do ok during the race.   My mom wasn't overly happy with it, but she said she'd be there and support me if I did it.  My dad was on my side, and said he thought I should race.  So I did.

Race went very well.  Swim was a bit hard, as there was a LOT on my mind, but it went ok.  I still am not great at sighting, but I finished where I was hoping to, at the front of the 2nd wave to come in to the swim exit.  The bike went really well, for the most part.  There were a few BIG hills that I wasn't expecting, so those really thrashed my legs.  But overall, super happy with the bike (14th overall).  The run, as expected, was my weak point.  I was 132nd overall.  I really need to work on my run.  I have to figure out how to get running faster, and keep up the pace.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I wrote up a race report.  I think you guys can see it here.

Pete, sorry about the loss of your friend's father!  Stuff like that is never easy!  Glad you had a good race day though.  Are you planning on following up with the tests the doctor wants done?

2010-08-09 9:46 AM
in reply to: #3031587

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
Mrschach - 2010-08-09 10:43 AM 
Pete, sorry about the loss of your friend's father!  Stuff like that is never easy!  Glad you had a good race day though.  Are you planning on following up with the tests the doctor wants done?

Yea, I am going to get them done.  It's better to be safe than sorry, and so I might as well figure out what/if anything is wrong with me.  It's just going to be a hassle, because I have to figure out how to renew my public health insurance card, then find a doctor, then get them to check me out, then get requisitions for the tests, THEN do the tests.  It's going to be a long process, but it'll get done.  Good thing I don't have any more tris planned for the year! 
2010-08-09 11:55 AM
in reply to: #3031602

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Pete, good job on the race, and good that you are going to have that issue checked out, better to find out what the problem is and go about fixing it before you have a more serious problem when doing an ows. 

Erica...how did your race go?  Did your back cause you any problems?
2010-08-09 12:30 PM
in reply to: #3032190

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
corstan - 2010-08-09 11:55 AM Pete, good job on the race, and good that you are going to have that issue checked out, better to find out what the problem is and go about fixing it before you have a more serious problem when doing an ows. 

Erica...how did your race go?  Did your back cause you any problems?

My race went pretty well, actually!  18th out of 41 in my AG.  Not the best, but not bad for my first time.  I was a bit overwhelmed throughout the whole thing, but I had an awesome time!  We're thinking about signing up for the Lake Geneva tri next month so we can race Saturday the 11th and then volunteer at IMoo Sunday the 12th!  There were definitely times during the race where I wanted to quit...mainly during the swim.  That was TORTURE!  I told Ryan I only want to practice OWS from now on because the pool did not prepare me for that!

On a bright note, I LOVE RACING ON THE BIKE!  I had SO much fun out there riding.  I felt great.  Only a few women passed me, and they were on FAR superior bikes, and judging by their clothing, they were obviously on teams.  So that made me feel better!  I told Ryan I want to do more bike races alone because I think I could be pretty competitive at them.  On the flats, I was averaging between 19-21mph, and on downhills, I was at 25-26.  About 7 miles was into a pretty strong wind, so that's what pulled my average down to just over 18.  But I was still passing people into the wind!  So I was pretty ecstatic.  That part of the race went by WAY too quickly!

My back was a total non-issue by race time, too!  I was a little sore all over after the race, but I feel great today!  Not sore at all.  I thought about working out this morning actually, but Ryan thought I was crazy, so I didn't.

Ryan got 3rd in his AG, too!  I REALLY hope one day I can do that.  I don't necessarily want to compete with him directly, but I at least want as many trophies as he has!  Laughing

Sorry, don't mean to drone on, because most of this is in my race report anyway. 

OH, and Pete, you're pretty much awesome with that race!  But I'm sure you already knew that.
2010-08-09 12:46 PM
in reply to: #3032291

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
That sounds GREAT, Erica!  I know how you feel about feeling like you're droning on, but that's what happens when you get the adrenaline high that I know we all get from racing!  You can just go on for hours!  Sounds like you absolutely loved it, but you're right, pool and OWS are completely different.  You will get better, though,that's for sure.  I find I am the same as you, biking is by far my best discipline, but I'm treating it the exact opposite from you.  I am using it as motivation to get better at swimming and running.  If my run was somewhat decent, I would be a LOT more competitive, so I know that I have to work on that!  I'm off to read your RR right now, so I'll comment in there!
2010-08-10 8:51 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Way to go Pete and Erica!!  Both of you did really well and throwing out some great placement numbers I am jealous of! 

2010-08-10 9:36 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Wow, so complete stats were up today.  And turns out, it's not my swim that held me back in my AG, but my RUN!  Everybody else's swims in my AG were slow, too (I think because the mat was SO far away from the water, so maybe my swim wasn't awful).  But a lot of the top finishers had runs in the 7:xx/mile time.  How do I get faster on that?  I feel like my 9:20 miles are fast...

I have another question too.  What makes it okay to register for Athena?  I mean, I DEFINITELY fit within those specifications, and probably always will.  Doubt I'll ever get under 150, I just wasn't built that way (I'm an Italian athlete...you do the math).  But I would have come in 4th in Athena!  And the women who were in Athena weren't HUGE women, just taller, a little bigger, and a little older (like 40s).  I was under the impression though that Athena was for women who were obese/overweight, and were trying to lose weight.  Am I wrong?  Should I sign up for it? 
2010-08-10 9:43 AM
in reply to: #3034262

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
SoccerGK - 2010-08-10 10:36 AM Wow, so complete stats were up today.  And turns out, it's not my swim that held me back in my AG, but my RUN!  Everybody else's swims in my AG were slow, too (I think because the mat was SO far away from the water, so maybe my swim wasn't awful).  But a lot of the top finishers had runs in the 7:xx/mile time.  How do I get faster on that?  I feel like my 9:20 miles are fast...

I have another question too.  What makes it okay to register for Athena?  I mean, I DEFINITELY fit within those specifications, and probably always will.  Doubt I'll ever get under 150, I just wasn't built that way (I'm an Italian athlete...you do the math).  But I would have come in 4th in Athena!  And the women who were in Athena weren't HUGE women, just taller, a little bigger, and a little older (like 40s).  I was under the impression though that Athena was for women who were obese/overweight, and were trying to lose weight.  Am I wrong?  Should I sign up for it? 

Looks like you have the same problem as I do.  I am killing myself to get under 5:00/km, and the higher ranks are looking at 3:30/km.  It is really frustrating.  I have been told that the only way to run faster in a race is to train faster.  Intervals and fartlek training (in moderation), but I have also just been running shorter distances faster, trying to build up a better base of faster running fitness.  I, by no means, am an expert, though.  Take it all with a grain of salt!

As for the Athena vs. AG thing, there's a thread going on in Tri Talk right now (LINK), and basically, there is no definition as to what Athena/Clydes means.  It is literally just a weight thing.  Some people say it was started for taller/more muscular participants, to give them a shot vs. the leaner runner-types, and it evolved into what you are thinking.  But what it comes down to is, there is no reason to not sign up for Athena.

And Tim, thanks for the comment! 

Edited by LockOut 2010-08-10 9:43 AM
2010-08-10 9:53 AM
in reply to: #3034262

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
SoccerGK - 2010-08-10 9:36 AM Wow, so complete stats were up today.  And turns out, it's not my swim that held me back in my AG, but my RUN!  Everybody else's swims in my AG were slow, too (I think because the mat was SO far away from the water, so maybe my swim wasn't awful).  But a lot of the top finishers had runs in the 7:xx/mile time.  How do I get faster on that?  I feel like my 9:20 miles are fast...

Athenas are generally any woman over 150lbs.  There is no height requirement.  So someone who is 6' 150 could still race in athena.  For men the cutoff is 200.  It just depends on whether you want to or not.  Not all my races have those categories but if they have them I will sign up in them.  I guess the idea is to have racers similar to each other grouped together.  There is no way I can compete with a 150lb male triathlete (no matter what shape I am in).

And the running, it just comes with more running.  9:20 is a great time.  I started out in the 10-11min range several years ago and just this year got down to the 7:45-8:15 range.  I would focus on just doing the mileage (if you are focusing on 3mi race runs then build up to 5-6mi runs in training) right now and you will get faster.  Once you have a good solid base of miles, then you can start adding in some speed work.  Problem with starting the speed work too soon is that your legs just aren't ready to handle the added pressure and it can lead to injury.  The easiest thing you can add to your workout, are the tempo runs.  Run a good warmup (lets just say 1mi for now) at an easy pace 10:30-11min/mi, then run 2 miles at a race pace, then the last mi very easy.  Do this once a week and you can either lengthen the 2mi at the same speed, or keep the 2mi and pick up the pace. 

Edited by chichitao 2010-08-10 10:02 AM
2010-08-10 1:23 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Well, after reading all that, I decided that I don't think I want to race in Athena.  Even though people say that "it's just as competitive," truth is that it's just not!  It'll be hard to watch my times fit in the top Athena people, but I want to get there in my AG more.  So I need to push myself!  Even though I'm dense like an Athena, I'm more compact, so that should help, right? Tongue out

I'm going to really focus on my run now because those times really bug me.  I thought I'd be okay with 9:xx runs, but now I guess I need to drop a couple minutes!

And thanks for making me feel so good about the tri, even though I know my times weren't phenomenal.  I'm just very proud of myself.

Now I'm starting to get nervous about school starting in a couple of weeks... I'm afraid my training is REALLY going to suffer because of how crazy this semester will be.  I didn't make law review (ughhhh), so that'll be one less thing to do, but I'll still be working 26 hrs/week, in class for 17 hrs/week, commuting 11+ hrs/week, and studying every time in between.  I honestly can't decide what's more important to me: training or great grades...

2010-08-11 7:57 AM
in reply to: #3035058

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
SoccerGK - 2010-08-10 2:23 PM

Well, after reading all that, I decided that I don't think I want to race in Athena.  Even though people say that "it's just as competitive," truth is that it's just not!  It'll be hard to watch my times fit in the top Athena people, but I want to get there in my AG more.  So I need to push myself!  Even though I'm dense like an Athena, I'm more compact, so that should help, right? Tongue out

I'm going to really focus on my run now because those times really bug me.  I thought I'd be okay with 9:xx runs, but now I guess I need to drop a couple minutes!

And thanks for making me feel so good about the tri, even though I know my times weren't phenomenal.  I'm just very proud of myself.

Now I'm starting to get nervous about school starting in a couple of weeks... I'm afraid my training is REALLY going to suffer because of how crazy this semester will be.  I didn't make law review (ughhhh), so that'll be one less thing to do, but I'll still be working 26 hrs/week, in class for 17 hrs/week, commuting 11+ hrs/week, and studying every time in between.  I honestly can't decide what's more important to me: training or great grades...

If that's what you want to do, then that's a good plan    I agree that it'd be tough to see, but if you want to get better, you have to set your goal high!

Hopefully your training doesn't suffer too much wtih the onset of school.  I'm sure it'll be fine.  That is a lot of time already taken up, but there are still a few hours in there to work with!  Hopefully it all works out for you!  If you knew what my grades were like in school, you'd know which I would prioritize (definitely training).  Although, it's not like I was doing law school, so I don't know what I would do! 

2010-08-11 9:42 AM

User image

Expert
I am starting to get nervous for the bike ride at Branson 70.3.  On the forum some guy rode the route last week and said there are no flat spots longer than 1/4 mile.  Awesome.  He got up to a max speed of 47 MPH on some downhills.

http://www.ironmanbranson.com/bike.php

Check out the map and elevation at bottom.  I guess there is about 2300 ft. of climbing.  I have ZERO big hills by me so not sure what to do?  Should I simulate hills with my trainer?  Find one big hill and just keep climbing it and turning around?  Thoughts?

Thanks guys!
2010-08-11 9:48 AM
in reply to: #3036755

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
tmoran80 - 2010-08-11 10:42 AM I am starting to get nervous for the bike ride at Branson 70.3.  On the forum some guy rode the route last week and said there are no flat spots longer than 1/4 mile.  Awesome.  He got up to a max speed of 47 MPH on some downhills.

Check out the map and elevation at bottom.  I guess there is about 2300 ft. of climbing.  I have ZERO big hills by me so not sure what to do?  Should I simulate hills with my trainer?  Find one big hill and just keep climbing it and turning around?  Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Wow, I wish I could be supportive, but that doesn't look fun.  I feel for you!

If it were me, I would find a the biggest hill near you, and ride it up and down.  It could get boring, but, as they say, the only way to get better at climbing hills is to climb hills! 
2010-08-11 10:04 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
tmoran80 - 2010-08-11 9:42 AM I am starting to get nervous for the bike ride at Branson 70.3.  On the forum some guy rode the route last week and said there are no flat spots longer than 1/4 mile.  Awesome.  He got up to a max speed of 47 MPH on some downhills.

Thanks guys!

Ouch, my legs hurt just LOOKING at that.  Are there any hills in the Lasalle Peru area?  Or Rockford?  I know that's a little ways away from you, but you're not going to get much hill training in and around the city.  It might stink, but you could make those your long Saturday rides or something, you'd just have to drive to location.  If not, I'd just keep on climbing that one hill you have!  That's all you could really do.

Just remember, there's a downhill after every uphill!  (And even if there's not, you should tell yourself that anyway to make you feel better!
2010-08-11 10:15 AM
in reply to: #3035058

User image

Expert
South Jersey
SoccerGK - 2010-08-10 1:23 PM

I think saying that Athena/Clydes is not as competitive as a huge generalization!  I think it depends on the race and you have to look at prior years results.  I have seen some results where the Athenas are a whole lot more competitive than some of the AGs. 

Good luck trying to balance everything!  Just remember, that triathlons will always be there!
2010-08-11 11:21 AM
in reply to: #3036842

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Mrschach - 2010-08-11 10:15 AM
SoccerGK - 2010-08-10 1:23 PM

I think saying that Athena/Clydes is not as competitive as a huge generalization!  I think it depends on the race and you have to look at prior years results.  I have seen some results where the Athenas are a whole lot more competitive than some of the AGs. 

Good luck trying to balance everything!  Just remember, that triathlons will always be there!

I didn't mean for it to be an all-encompassing statement.  Sorry if it came off that way!  I just meant that at the smaller races, which are likely all I'll be doing, I want to stick with AG because it is way more competitive, especially at my AG.  There seems to be a much larger field for AGers than Athenas at those races (I think there were only like 20 Athenas and like 250 AGers).  Plus, I might as well get used to AG in case some races don't have it! 

I did go back and reread my post, and it did sound mean.  Sorry again!  I don't want to offend any Athenas OR Clydes!  I love them all equally. 

2010-08-11 11:42 AM
in reply to: #3031602

User image

Expert
Pete - I agree 100% about being getting completely checked out.  I went throught something similiar 2 years ago when marathon training.  I started getting crazy heart palpatations after long runs.  Every 20-30 seconds my heart would skip 2 t0 3 beats and feel like I was going down a roller coaster.  I ended up in ER twice and they told me I was completely healthy.  I went through a bunch of tests, wore the heart monitor for 24 hours, stress test, etc... It really started to get to me though and affected me mentally because I knew i was having the palpations.  Needless to say I had a terrible race that year becasue I thought i was goin got just drop at any time.  I started training again the next spring and same thing started up.  I continued to just keep seeing the doctors and FINALLY the cardiologist was monitoring me when he saw what was happening.  They call it a benign (sp?) irregular heart beat.  Ends up that it is somewhat common but for some reason mine increases when I train hard.  They basically told me that it is just up to me how much I want to be annoyed with it.  Anyways the point of my rambling story is that you need to stay on them until they give you an answer of what it is that is making you pass out.  Other wise it is always going to be in the back of your head.  I still think about my heart everyonce in a while especially during those reall hard workouts wher my HR is skyrocketing but I  am able to put the bad thoughts away knowing that I will (or at least should be-haha) ok.

I hope the tests come out ok.

LockOut - 2010-08-09 9:46 AM
Mrschach - 2010-08-09 10:43 AM 

Yea, I am going to get them done.  It's better to be safe than sorry, and so I might as well figure out what/if anything is wrong with me.  It's just going to be a hassle, because I have to figure out how to renew my public health insurance card, then find a doctor, then get them to check me out, then get requisitions for the tests, THEN do the tests.  It's going to be a long process, but it'll get done.  Good thing I don't have any more tris planned for the year! 
2010-08-11 12:24 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
tmoran80 - 2010-08-11 9:42 AM I am starting to get nervous for the bike ride at Branson 70.3.  On the forum some guy rode the route last week and said there are no flat spots longer than 1/4 mile.  Awesome.  He got up to a max speed of 47 MPH on some downhills.

Thanks guys!

Looks like fun!    You won't get much out of the trainer when it comes to hills.  You can put it in a very hard gear and practice standing and pedaling.  That at least helps build your quad strength and gets them used to it.  But the big thing is getting outside and riding the hills.  Whatever you've got, use it.  Some people in Houston (very flat) will do repeats using highway bridges and ramps.  I've also heard of people using parking garages.  Get to them early and you can ride up and down it without traffic.  Should be plenty of those in Chicago, right?

If none of those are avail, try to locate the closest and hilliest area that you can drive to and try to do it once a week.  Good luck with it.
2010-08-12 9:48 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
It's been so quiet on here lately!

Just wanted to say I hope everyone is having a great day!!! 

My boss has been out of the office all week (which is why I've been on here so much), and I have literally finished everything and then some, so I will be finding some training plans today hopefully to get me through winter, and then I'm going to either start an Oly or HIM training plan in the early spring!  I think I'm going to go for the Racine 70.3 next year!  Crazy, maybe.  But the run is through the zoo, c'mon, that's just awesome!  Laughing

Weekend plans, anyone?
2010-08-12 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3039381

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal, QC
SoccerGK - 2010-08-12 10:48 AM It's been so quiet on here lately!

Just wanted to say I hope everyone is having a great day!!! 

My boss has been out of the office all week (which is why I've been on here so much), and I have literally finished everything and then some, so I will be finding some training plans today hopefully to get me through winter, and then I'm going to either start an Oly or HIM training plan in the early spring!  I think I'm going to go for the Racine 70.3 next year!  Crazy, maybe.  But the run is through the zoo, c'mon, that's just awesome!  Laughing

Weekend plans, anyone?

That's amazing!  Congrats on doing your research.  Is it crazy?  Probably.  Do I think you can do it?  100% positive you can!  Super excited for you.  If you're doing Racine, though, I suggest starting a HIM plan, not an Oly...  just saying  

This weekend, I plan on working with the tri club some more...  Mountain run Friday, bike on Saturday, OWS practice on Sunday (that I might bail on, because of the blacking out thing).  I also think I'm gonna go see The Expendables.  Basically, it is the epitome of a guys movie.  I can't wait to see it! 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103