BT Development Mentor Program Archives » jsiegs and slornow's Train Hard and Have Fun group - CLOSED for Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 56

2011-06-30 7:50 AM
in reply to: #3435676

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville
Subject: RE: jsiegs and slornow's Train Hard and Have Fun group - CLOSED for Training

@Nicole: I ended up getting a set-up from my LBS. They helped me get a cheap 'trainer' wheel, and ended up getting a good deal on a 105 Cassette (same size that I have, 12-25), and was out the door for relatively cheap (cheaper than buying new tires every few months). Only problem is that the drop outs on my bike are extremely narrow, and I was having problems getting the tire 'locked' in. I have been on my regular wheels twice so far, but I am going to try and figure the wheel out today. I have a feeling it had a lot to do with me getting frustrated (being bitten by mosquitoes and the heat was horrible in the garage).

Is it me, or is it hard to even get out of the lower/easier gears (1-4) without feeling your legs are going to fall off. My legs are in decent shape, but wow, my legs really felt it after the two sessions so far.

I ended up getting a great run in last night, did 20 minutes slow pace on the treadmill, stopped got some water, and went back and did some interval sprints. 5% Incline at 10.0 mph. 1:2 work/rest ratio. So 30 seconds sprint, 1 minute rest. Also tossed in some 2.5% incline at 10.0 mph with 1:1 ratio. Not really the traditional triathlon training, but in the past my body has responded very well to this type of training. Did that for about 20 minutes, and cooled down for 5 minutes. Definitely needed that change up in my routine, I have been getting rather monotonous. I think it has a lot to do with training for these sprint events that I have had monthly. I have been so focused on getting my time down (the same course for all events in the series) in all three disciplines, but I am not getting the distance/volume I really should be focusing on, at least not that I feel. I guess I am looking forward to getting the next race done so I ramp up the volume to prepare for the Oly I am doing (end of August), and then my HIM at the end of September. Just getting frustrated with training hard for two weeks, with a week of 'recovery' training after the race, and a week of quasi-tapering before the race. Not really tapering in a traditional sense, but taking a few days at an easier workload than I would normally.

Wow, this is a long post. I am out the door to get a swim in. Have a good day all!

P.S. I never thought in all my life that I would as excited as I am for the Tour de France to start on Saturday (July 2nd). I plan on DVRing the race, so I have some good things to watch during my trainer rides.

2011-06-30 8:01 AM
in reply to: #3574298

User image

Master
Baltimore
Subject: RE: jsiegs and slornow's Train Hard and Have Fun group - CLOSED for Training
Savage8778 - 2011-06-30 8:50 AM

@Nicole: I ended up getting a set-up from my LBS. They helped me get a cheap 'trainer' wheel, and ended up getting a good deal on a 105 Cassette (same size that I have, 12-25), and was out the door for relatively cheap (cheaper than buying new tires every few months). Only problem is that the drop outs on my bike are extremely narrow, and I was having problems getting the tire 'locked' in. I have been on my regular wheels twice so far, but I am going to try and figure the wheel out today. I have a feeling it had a lot to do with me getting frustrated (being bitten by mosquitoes and the heat was horrible in the garage).

Is it me, or is it hard to even get out of the lower/easier gears (1-4) without feeling your legs are going to fall off. My legs are in decent shape, but wow, my legs really felt it after the two sessions so far.

I ended up getting a great run in last night, did 20 minutes slow pace on the treadmill, stopped got some water, and went back and did some interval sprints. 5% Incline at 10.0 mph. 1:2 work/rest ratio. So 30 seconds sprint, 1 minute rest. Also tossed in some 2.5% incline at 10.0 mph with 1:1 ratio. Not really the traditional triathlon training, but in the past my body has responded very well to this type of training. Did that for about 20 minutes, and cooled down for 5 minutes. Definitely needed that change up in my routine, I have been getting rather monotonous. I think it has a lot to do with training for these sprint events that I have had monthly. I have been so focused on getting my time down (the same course for all events in the series) in all three disciplines, but I am not getting the distance/volume I really should be focusing on, at least not that I feel. I guess I am looking forward to getting the next race done so I ramp up the volume to prepare for the Oly I am doing (end of August), and then my HIM at the end of September. Just getting frustrated with training hard for two weeks, with a week of 'recovery' training after the race, and a week of quasi-tapering before the race. Not really tapering in a traditional sense, but taking a few days at an easier workload than I would normally.

Wow, this is a long post. I am out the door to get a swim in. Have a good day all!

P.S. I never thought in all my life that I would as excited as I am for the Tour de France to start on Saturday (July 2nd). I plan on DVRing the race, so I have some good things to watch during my trainer rides.

haha, the trainer is no joke!  If you take a look at my logs, you'll see I do the majority of my training on there.  Even when I could be out on the road, an hour on the trainer is more effective and a better workout (as you've probably noticed!).

Every trainer and set up is different, so it's really tough to compare a trainer ride to a road ride, but just hit your HR, power, RPE goals and let the speed/gearing fall where it may.  Your 17 mph average trainer ride might be harder than your 20 mph road ride.

2011-06-30 9:14 AM
in reply to: #3574298

User image

Veteran
Oak Park
Savage8778 - 2011-06-30 7:50 AM

I am embarrassed to admit that I don't even know how to tell what gear my bike is in. I just know I have a Big, Medium, and Small gear on the pedal, and a nice set of gears on the back wheel that go from big and easy to small and hard (I think, I might have that mixed up -- I ALWAYS mix up my gears. Even on hills, I always tell myself "LOWER GEAR" and my finger ends up clicking HIGHER and then realize my mistake... d'oh!). And yes, on some of harder back gears it's very difficult! I always start with an 'easy' spin but the gears feel totally different on the trainer than on the ground. It's a great workout.

I also don't really know what a cassette is. I need to know these things, don't I? I am such a dunce on the bike. It's not my strong suit.

Re: TDF, last year I remember I was training on the bike at the gym while it was on TV and it was so fun to watch while working out! I felt like I was on the hills with them.

2011-06-30 3:54 PM
in reply to: #3574542

User image

Veteran
Katy, TX
nmladic - 2011-06-30 9:14 AM
Savage8778 - 2011-06-30 7:50 AM

I am embarrassed to admit that I don't even know how to tell what gear my bike is in. I just know I have a Big, Medium, and Small gear on the pedal, and a nice set of gears on the back wheel that go from big and easy to small and hard (I think, I might have that mixed up -- I ALWAYS mix up my gears. Even on hills, I always tell myself "LOWER GEAR" and my finger ends up clicking HIGHER and then realize my mistake... d'oh!). And yes, on some of harder back gears it's very difficult! I always start with an 'easy' spin but the gears feel totally different on the trainer than on the ground. It's a great workout.

I also don't really know what a cassette is. I need to know these things, don't I? I am such a dunce on the bike. It's not my strong suit.

Re: TDF, last year I remember I was training on the bike at the gym while it was on TV and it was so fun to watch while working out! I felt like I was on the hills with them.

You are not alone. I don't know the first thing about bikes, cassettes (aren't those the things that played music in the 80's ) trainers... All I know is that my hybrid doesn't go fast enough, and it has nothing to do with my legs :P I'm sure if I had a fancy road bike I would go faster... I just know it

2011-06-30 10:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Oak Park

Help needed bike superstars!

I was watching a few web videos because I want to learn how to change my back tire with the new one we bought for the remainder of the outdoor season (and keep the one I have for the indoor season).  

The changing of the actual tire seems doable, but I was watching a video here about taking off the back tire and I noticed that I do not have a dropout on my bike. So am I supposed to take the axle out completely? Will all the sprockets fall off? I changed the axle once before because my trainer came with its own, but I'm a little worried about taking if off and the chain at the same time.

My bike is a Bianchi Eros road bike - maybe early 2000 model? - and it has Campagnolo brakes & mirage shifters (9-speed), and Mavic rims.

EDITED: God I am a total idiot. My dropout looks really different from the one in the video but I found it (my apartment is dark and I had to get on the floor to see it). It's vertical. I TOLD you I was a dunce when it comes to the bike. But I'm getting smarter. And I am going to change this tire this weekend.

Thank you for your expert opinions! I will continue to look it up and I can go to a local bike store but was hoping y'all had some advice so I can do it myself.

Nicole  

Edited by nmladic 2011-06-30 11:03 PM
2011-07-01 6:16 AM

User image

Master
South Alabama
Nicole-toughest thing about changing the rear tire is taking the wheel on and off-can be a little greasy.  Definitely practice.  At some point you will get a flat and need to change it.  A local bike shop here does monthly maintenance clinics where they show you how to do basic things.  No charge.  Another thought is if you are having problems doing something on your bike take it to your LBS and see if they will let you watch while they do the maintenance/repair.  May give you some insight.  Lots of good videos online as you mentioned.

Everyone-when is the last time you changed a car tire?  Had been many many years for me until last Sunday.  Picked up wife and son in Pensacola after their week long trip. On the way back home I got a flat traveling on I-10.  Pulled over, unloaded all their crap out of the trunk, located spare and other gear and got to work.  Fortunately, everything went just as it should and we were up and going in about 15 minutes.  It was about 95 degrees so I was drenched but glad to be moving again....only about 20 minutes from home.

Took today off from work and going to do about 2 hour ride this morning.  Then headed to beach for the weekend.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

Randy 

2011-07-01 6:32 AM
in reply to: #3576248

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds

slornow - 2011-07-01 6:16 AM Nicole-toughest thing about changing the rear tire is taking the wheel on and off-can be a little greasy.  Definitely practice.  At some point you will get a flat and need to change it.  A local bike shop here does monthly maintenance clinics where they show you how to do basic things.  No charge.  Another thought is if you are having problems doing something on your bike take it to your LBS and see if they will let you watch while they do the maintenance/repair.  May give you some insight.  Lots of good videos online as you mentioned.

Everyone-when is the last time you changed a car tire?  Had been many many years for me until last Sunday.  Picked up wife and son in Pensacola after their week long trip. On the way back home I got a flat traveling on I-10.  Pulled over, unloaded all their crap out of the trunk, located spare and other gear and got to work.  Fortunately, everything went just as it should and we were up and going in about 15 minutes.  It was about 95 degrees so I was drenched but glad to be moving again....only about 20 minutes from home.

Took today off from work and going to do about 2 hour ride this morning.  Then headed to beach for the weekend.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

Randy 

I had to change a tire 2 or 3 months ago.  I was driving home from the playground with my kids.  Thankfully I was only a block away when I realized I had a flat tire.  Changing it with a 1 year old and a  4 year old running around was interesting, but at least I was in my driveway.  And it wasn't 95 degrees!  Glad you are all home safe.

I have no real plans this weekend.  Going for a bike ride with my sister Sunday.  She hasn't been on her bike since last year.  Should be a nice easy ride.  I'm thinking about taking my 4 year old to see the fireworks this year.  She's never been.  Think this is the year she will enjoy them. 

Christy

2011-07-01 6:34 AM
in reply to: #3576131

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds
nmladic - 2011-06-30 10:53 PM

I was watching a few web videos because I want to learn how to change my back tire with the new one we bought for the remainder of the outdoor season (and keep the one I have for the indoor season).  

The changing of the actual tire seems doable, but I was watching a video here about taking off the back tire and I noticed that I do not have a dropout on my bike. So am I supposed to take the axle out completely? Will all the sprockets fall off? I changed the axle once before because my trainer came with its own, but I'm a little worried about taking if off and the chain at the same time.

My bike is a Bianchi Eros road bike - maybe early 2000 model? - and it has Campagnolo brakes & mirage shifters (9-speed), and Mavic rims.

EDITED: God I am a total idiot. My dropout looks really different from the one in the video but I found it (my apartment is dark and I had to get on the floor to see it). It's vertical. I TOLD you I was a dunce when it comes to the bike. But I'm getting smarter. And I am going to change this tire this weekend.

Thank you for your expert opinions! I will continue to look it up and I can go to a local bike store but was hoping y'all had some advice so I can do it myself.

Nicole  

Good for you for learning how to change your tire!  It kills me how many of my friends don't know how. 

Christy

2011-07-01 7:03 AM
in reply to: #3576131

User image

Master
Baltimore
nmladic - 2011-06-30 11:53 PM

Nicole  

Cool!  yeah, older bikes, single speeds and tri bikes (or bikes with that fancy rear wheel cut out in the seat tube) tend to have horizontal dropouts (so you can adjust the wheel fore-aft) where road bikes tend to be vertical.  Flip the bike over, put it in the smallest cog (not necessary but a little easier), pull the derailleur back and the wheel should lift up.  Oh - and make sure you loosen the quick release (but you do not need to remove it.  However, it may be easier to remove the first few times if it is out - just make sure you see the conical springs, and how they are arrainged, small end in).  The cassette (aka sprocket aka cogs aka cluster) will not fall off.  It is locked onto the rim with a speical tool.

Good luck!

2011-07-01 7:16 AM

User image

Master
Baltimore

Couple updates from me:

Did my first bike race (a training race, but I'm calling it a race) on Wednesday.  It was 9 or 10 loops of a 1.4 mile loop.  A fairly significant hill down then up in the middle.   Bike races are pretty boring...until the last lap.  Then total carnage. 90% of the first laps are to get in position for the last lap I think.  At one point, I found my self off the front with like 3 laps to go...oops.  had to coast and wait for the pack and get shuffled back in.  Anyway, with about 1.2 to do - someone made a move.  I thought he was gonna be one of the stronger guys, so I jumped on his wheel and we broke, just the two of us.  We put some hurt on the pack, almost out of sight.  Then we got to the top of a little hill, and he cracked.  I had to decide, go it on my own or recover and wait for the pack.  Go big or go home I figure!  I dropped the hammer down the big hill, around the sharp corner and hit the hill back up.  At this point I saw 2 guys behind me working together to catch me, and I knew they would.  I decided to recover a little, let them catch me on the hill, draft a little then duke it out in the sprint to the finish at the top.  Did that, made it to the top, but I didn't have the full sprint in me.  I gave it all I had but they both finished together 5-7 seconds ahead of me.  The rest of the pack was way back, I couldn't see them at all, so I knew I had third locked up.  I think jumping out so early, especially when the guy I was with cracked, was my mistake.  Lesson learned.  but, I knew in my first, I'd rather be slightly too aggressive than conservative, so I'm not entirely disappointed with how it played out.  Time to get really training again these next two weeks and be back in a couple weeks.

Edited by jsiegs 2011-07-01 7:17 AM
2011-07-01 3:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville

Hey all,

Well first off, it is official. I am finally registered and paid for my entry to the HIM in Augusta (September 25)...it is finally set it stone.

Summing up my last two days of workouts real quick...Yesterday got in a great 45 minute swim. Hadn't really spent the necessary time in the pool as I should (mainly because my swim is by the far the strongest segment of the 3 sports). However, I have been running and biking much more, so that is the plus side. Opted to take it easy after the swim as my legs were pretty tired, and I was overall pretty fatigued. Glad I rested...

Woke up this morning, and hopped on the trainer for a quick (30 minute), but moderate paced (with some higher intervals). I felt great afterward!

About to go knock out a quick 30 minute run (maybe longer if I feel up to it.

Going to try and get a good ride in tomorrow morning, but we shall see...it sure is easy to roll out of bed, fill up my water bottle and hop on the trainer...haha

Have a great weekend all! I may be MIA for a few days due to my hectic work schedule at work this weekend, but need to make that money (this triathlon thing is an expensive love...).

2011-07-02 12:38 PM
in reply to: #3577430

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds
Savage8778 - 2011-07-01 3:43 PM

Hey all,

Well first off, it is official. I am finally registered and paid for my entry to the HIM in Augusta (September 25)...it is finally set it stone.

Very exciting!! 

I'm in a funk.  Since my race last weekend I've done nothing.  Haven't been training and I've been eating like crap.  Went out with a friend last night and I feel kinda rough today.  I think I've eaten all of the 4th of July cupcakes my daughter and i made a couple days ago.  So...cupcakes, wine, sofa.  That has been my week.  I'm so disgusted with myself. 

I'm hoping a bike ride tomorrow will help.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend! 

2011-07-02 4:26 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama
Cupcakes, wine and sofa. The new triathlon!Good run this morning then boating, beer and nap.Boating, beer and nap...the new triathlon????Randy
2011-07-02 4:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Oak Park

Yeah Nick! So excited for you!

Christy - you deserve a week or 2 of doing whatever the hell you want. You've earned it! We can help you figure out your next move. What do you want to do and how much training do you want to commit yourself to? Sometimes even getting a few 5Ks on the schedule is enough to keep me motivated. But for sure, enjoy your 2 weeks "off." I already have plans to go a little crazy during the 2 weeks following my tri.

I ran this morning in the heat. Pretty slow but I was sweating like crazy so I'll take it. Currently debating whether I should swim tonight or tomorrow. Schedule calls for tomorrow but I have my dad's birthday party in the afternoon and I don't trust myself to wake up early enough to get both sports in

2011-07-02 5:03 PM
in reply to: #3576302

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds
jsiegs - 2011-07-01 7:16 AM

Couple updates from me:

Did my first bike race (a training race, but I'm calling it a race) on Wednesday.  It was 9 or 10 loops of a 1.4 mile loop.  A fairly significant hill down then up in the middle.   Bike races are pretty boring...until the last lap.  Then total carnage. 90% of the first laps are to get in position for the last lap I think.  At one point, I found my self off the front with like 3 laps to go...oops.  had to coast and wait for the pack and get shuffled back in.  Anyway, with about 1.2 to do - someone made a move.  I thought he was gonna be one of the stronger guys, so I jumped on his wheel and we broke, just the two of us.  We put some hurt on the pack, almost out of sight.  Then we got to the top of a little hill, and he cracked.  I had to decide, go it on my own or recover and wait for the pack.  Go big or go home I figure!  I dropped the hammer down the big hill, around the sharp corner and hit the hill back up.  At this point I saw 2 guys behind me working together to catch me, and I knew they would.  I decided to recover a little, let them catch me on the hill, draft a little then duke it out in the sprint to the finish at the top.  Did that, made it to the top, but I didn't have the full sprint in me.  I gave it all I had but they both finished together 5-7 seconds ahead of me.  The rest of the pack was way back, I couldn't see them at all, so I knew I had third locked up.  I think jumping out so early, especially when the guy I was with cracked, was my mistake.  Lesson learned.  but, I knew in my first, I'd rather be slightly too aggressive than conservative, so I'm not entirely disappointed with how it played out.  Time to get really training again these next two weeks and be back in a couple weeks.

That sounds crazy!  Awesome job coming in 3rd, having no idea what you were doing.  Where was it?

Christy

2011-07-02 5:04 PM
in reply to: #3578448

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds

slornow - 2011-07-02 4:26 PM Cupcakes, wine and sofa. The new triathlon!Good run this morning then boating, beer and nap.Boating, beer and nap...the new triathlon????Randy

I could place in either of those races Smile!

2011-07-03 9:04 AM

User image

Master
South Alabama
Good morning all. Beautiful day in LA.......lower AlabamaGood run and ows this morning. Hope everyone has a great day.Randy
2011-07-03 1:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Oak Park

Hi guys! Great day for a bike ride today. Rode 2 hr 17 mins, 31 miles. D
Did a night swim last night in the big outdoor pool and it went a long way towards improving my confidence in the water. 

I am feeling really good about all three legs of the upcoming triathlon. Mentally I'm really looking at three different races (all with distances I'm comfortable with) just taking place in one day. I'm not going to worry too much about the transitions, my main goal is just to try out the distance and finish the race. As long as I can keep myself from freaking out during the next 2 weeks, I should be A-OK going in. 

The one thing that's kind of concerning me is this: I think I will seriously be one of the last people out on the race course. I'm in the 2nd to last wave to go, and I think at least 90% of those in my wave are USAT-registered athletes. Any strategies for dealing with what might be a long, lonely day? 

Thanks everyone and have a GREAT holiday! Now I'm off for some beer and BBQ.

2011-07-03 2:12 PM
in reply to: #3579119

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds
nmladic - 2011-07-03 1:52 PM

The one thing that's kind of concerning me is this: I think I will seriously be one of the last people out on the race course. I'm in the 2nd to last wave to go, and I think at least 90% of those in my wave are USAT-registered athletes. Any strategies for dealing with what might be a long, lonely day? 

Thanks everyone and have a GREAT holiday! Now I'm off for some beer and BBQ.

I was pretty close to last in my race last weekend.  I think 10 people finished behind me.  They were taking down transistion when I came in. It was like a ghost town.  There were some very lonley times for me on the bike.  It was out there and there were no people cheering you on along the way.  It kind of didn't even feel like a race.  I kept telling myself I was doing this for me.  I was racing my race and who was in front of me (or behind me) didn't matter.  I also had my husband waiting for me at the finish line.  That and knowing I  wanted to finish what I started was enough to keep me going.  You will do great!! 

Christy

2011-07-04 8:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds

Happy 4th of July!!

I planned to go for a short bike ride yesterday.  That didn't work out, but I did get to the gym.  I did a short, easy run and some weights.  Sad how much strength I've lost since I stopped weight training.  And I'm way too sore today for what I did.  But I'm happy to get back into it.  Still not sure about my next race.  I'd really like to do a HIM in Williamsburg VA in September.  The course looks super flat.  I'm just not sure I can get someone to watch my kids for the weekend.  And I'm not sure my husband will be up for the trip.  Plus we have a wedding to go to in Atlanta in Sept. and my daughter's tuition is due.  That could be an expensive month. Not sure it's the best thing to do.   We will see.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Christy

2011-07-04 5:50 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama
Happy 4th everyone! 

I am back from the beach and feel like a slug.  Did a hard bike Friday and ran Saturday and Sunday.  Taking today as a rest day. I had 3 big training weeks before last week and cut back volume by about half last week.  This is a taper week as I have Chattanooga Olympic on Sunday July 10. Hopefully I am not overdoing the reduction in training and will feel rested heading into the race.

Back to work tomorrow

Christy-I grew up about 20 minutes from Williamsburg...should be pretty flat...especially by the river where they have the swim.  Williamsburg is a pretty area.  We may be back up there this Fall as William & Mary is one of the schools my son is considering.

Randy

2011-07-04 8:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds

I think I've decided to train for the HIM in September.  Not sure I'll do the race, but it will at least give me a plan to follow.  I talked to my husband about it.  He's in as long as we have the money and I can find someone to watch the kids. 

I need to get a new saddle before I ride another 56 mile ride.  Mine is seriously uncomfortable.  How do you go about shopping for one?  Can you try them out?  Can you return them if they aren't comfortable?

I'm watching the Tour de France.  I'm amazed how crazy fast these guys are.  And I can't imagine riding 100 miles and getting up the next morning to do it again, much less doing it for 3 weeks. 

Christy

2011-07-05 6:57 AM
in reply to: #3580389

User image

Master
Baltimore
cbrookhart - 2011-07-04 9:30 PM

I think I've decided to train for the HIM in September.  Not sure I'll do the race, but it will at least give me a plan to follow.  I talked to my husband about it.  He's in as long as we have the money and I can find someone to watch the kids. 

I need to get a new saddle before I ride another 56 mile ride.  Mine is seriously uncomfortable.  How do you go about shopping for one?  Can you try them out?  Can you return them if they aren't comfortable?

I'm watching the Tour de France.  I'm amazed how crazy fast these guys are.  And I can't imagine riding 100 miles and getting up the next morning to do it again, much less doing it for 3 weeks. 

Christy

Some bike shops have saddle demo programs, some have liberal return policies and some neither.  I'd suggest called a few in your area and asking what they do.  Lucky for you...I live in your area .  Performance bike will let you return an item at any time even with use (much like REI).  Just save the receipt and if 6 months (or a year) later you change your mind, bring it back (you can buy in store or online).  They have a pretty good selection of saddles, but not the 2 I really wanted to try (the ISM Adamo and Cobb V-flow series).  Race Pace bikes (there is one in Owings Mills) let me do a 6 month trial on an Adamo I bought there (I only bought it there because of this).  I got the Adamo Race and a few months later I decided the Adamo Road would be better for me, so I returned it.  They didn't have the Road in stock, so I ended up getting my money back and bought one used on the classifieds here.  While in store, I actually tried about 4 (they installed on my bike which was on a trainer) before I decided to try the Adamo.  Cobb only sells their saddles online (as far as I know) but has the same 6 month ?guarantee (they ship to you for free, but you'd have to pay return shipping).

I've also heard of demo programs where they loan you a saddle for a week for a small fee (or maybe free).  Some stores/shops make you pay full price and won't help you a bit once you actually attach the thing to your bike - IMHO, stay away from shops like that.

PS - congrats on deciding to take the plunge again!

Edited by jsiegs 2011-07-05 6:59 AM
2011-07-05 7:00 AM

User image

Master
Baltimore
I don't know about you guys, but watching the TdF the past few days has REALLY made want to ride my bike!
2011-07-05 8:32 AM
in reply to: #3580618

User image

Extreme Veteran
Edmonds

jsiegs - 2011-07-05 7:00 AM I don't know about you guys, but watching the TdF the past few days has REALLY made want to ride my bike!

Me too!  It has also made me feel REALLY SLOW.  They go faster uphill then I go downhill.

Christy

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » jsiegs and slornow's Train Hard and Have Fun group - CLOSED for Training Rss Feed  

of 56