BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 69

2012-01-18 7:35 AM
in reply to: #3942879

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED

Way to go Kirk and Ann - Congrats!

I'm thinking about signing up for a 2/5 HM, for some reason I can't seem to make myself fully commit to it; but since my mileage is ok and the race is only an hour or so from home, I can afford to procrastinate a little bit more. 

Happy Wednesday (or Thursday for some of you?) everyone.

Ann-Marie

2012-01-18 7:51 AM
in reply to: #3996704

User image

Melon Presser
amd723 - 2012-01-18 9:35 PM

I'm thinking about signing up for a 2/5 HM, for some reason I can't seem to make myself fully commit to it; but since my mileage is ok and the race is only an hour or so from home, I can afford to procrastinate a little bit more. 

Ann-Marie

I swear I looked at that for minutes and kept thinking ... 2/5 HM, what an odd distance. Like not even a 5K? Need sleep ...

I am a terrible egger-onner ... doitdoitdoitdoit

2012-01-18 8:01 AM
in reply to: #3996729

User image

Master
Orlando
TriAya - 2012-01-18 7:51 AM

Ann-Marie

I swear I looked at that for minutes and kept thinking ... 2/5 HM, what an odd distance. Like not even a 5K? Need sleep ...

lol, that probably wasn't the best way to write that sentence - especially with an international audience. Although, I could certainly handle that distance!  If I can talk Joe into running it, I will too. 

Ann-Marie

2012-01-18 8:18 AM
in reply to: #3996439

User image

Melon Presser
stampinann - 2012-01-18 1:02 PM
TriAya - 2012-01-13 4:46 PM
lmscozz - 2012-01-14 8:22 AM

We've got a couple of Manatees in half marathons this weekend, at least I know of two --- drumroll please........Ann and Kirk (Tripopo). Anyone else?

GO ANN, GO KIRK, RUN LIKE THE WIND

Just a little color for emphasis! x whatever by now! The Manatees run with you!

Thanks for the well wishes!!! I didn't hit my 4:30 goal but I did pr by 7 min. My time was 4:50!Race report to come. All and all did the best I could and left it out there.I ended up getting a cold early in the week and am feeling crappy now- need some of the DayQuil and matlock!!Congrats kirk!!2:12 on your first 1/2! Way to go

SUPER GLITTER HOT CHICK RUNNER!

Congratulations, Ann! Tough race AND PRing by 7min ... you are a champion.

2012-01-18 9:48 AM
in reply to: #3996520

User image

Master
Vista, CA
Honey~Badger - 2012-01-18 2:27 AM

Photobucket

Congrats on the new kitty!  Here is a pic of my Jaspurr who is modeling his new sweater.

Awwww! Is this cat staring you down for putting him in a sweater or is it my imagination??? He's beautiful. Meow!

2012-01-18 12:54 PM
in reply to: #3995011

User image

Pug Palace

Hollz - 2012-01-18 9:08 AM Allen and Salty, Love the lube and nip discussion-can't get enough of those!! Hahaaa-LOLTongue out

Agreed I was cracking up as well.

2012-01-18 12:57 PM
in reply to: #3995161

User image

Pug Palace

Asalzwed - 2012-01-18 10:15 AM I have a confession to make. During my sick day yesterday I watched the Justin Bieber documentary. There. I said it. I feel better. 

The DayQuil made you do it.  Feel better soon.

2012-01-18 12:58 PM
in reply to: #3987637

User image

Pug Palace
jogo - 2012-01-13 7:42 PM

Jimmyb-where are you in Michigan?  Still waiting for winter in southeast Michigan. 

ITS A GIRL!!!  

I have a granddaughter, born this morning at 3:13am New Mexico time, Avery Marie!!  

To celebrate, I got my hair cut and colored.  I have to look like a hot granny when we visit on Saturday!!

I am getting got up on all the happenings due to a SNOW DAY no work or school for me. 

Congratulations Grandma!

2012-01-18 10:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

I was bad today...I missed my workout.

On the other hand, we wandered all over a beach---doesn't walking around on heavy, loose sand and climbing all over beach rocks resemble a workout????

We started the day by driving to a hockey store in Oakland (REALLY?!?! Oakland really has no need for a hockey warehouse....)so Clint could try out some goalie skates...we then ran on to the California Academy of Sciences to check out their aquarium and rainforest exhibit--it is SO amazing--honestly, y'all should check out their website--their exhibits--especially the reefs, are jaw-dropping-inspiring..Anyway, after that we hoped on the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands Nat'l Park--gorgeous! coast mountains w/hiking trails straight down to the ocean! Also home to several Nike Missile Battery points--and their main launch area was open for viewing (they were decommissioned in the late '70s and the parks people have been sprucing up the buildings and acquiring old missile parts to show 'how it was')--so we got to go see these HUGE missiles that were once thought to be our "final protection" in case of an attack from the ocean--Apparently, they occasionally can get the elevator that holds an "empty" missile to raise up into launch position---and then they do so, freaking out anyone driving nearby---they also will let people sit on the missile too...too bad it wasn't working todayFrown In any case it was great fun seeing all this formerly classified stuff! We then headed down to the beach, wandering all over and climbing all over the rocks everywhere. At that point we were about to just head home, but Clint decided that we NEEDED a seafood dinner (we were at the coast after all!Laughing). So we headed into Sausalito and ate at a place right on the bay--literally people were coming and going on their boats right beneath our window! I had some shrimp in a spicy red and bacon sauce over linguini---It was a somewhat romantic dinner (TOTALLY RARE OCCURRENCE FOR US---we dont really go there, mainly due to expense!)...After that is was drive home time....a good day.

Tomorrow I get to go pick up my new kitty--an orange-y leopard spotted male, about 6 months old--and nearly as big as our 11 year old kitty that we have now! He is one of 4 kittens that my mom's adult cat had--mom adopted the momma kitty not knowing she was preggers--Mom finally got us to agree to take one (the kittens were born within a week of my dear Smoke-kitty's death, so adopting one was not something I was considering immediately), and little orange guy has pretty much decided he is ours---with MONSTROUS paws--seriously they're huge!!!! Oh well, pics as soon as I can.

As for training--tomorrow I am supposed to do 20 miles on the bike, however we are supposed to get a huge amount of rain starting tonight through Sunday....so, if it doesn't rain, no worries--if it does though, I think that I might just do a spinning class! Yay to something NEW!!! Laughing

2012-01-19 1:45 AM
in reply to: #3996754

User image

England
amd723 - 2012-01-18 2:01 PM
TriAya - 2012-01-18 7:51 AM

Ann-Marie

lol, that probably wasn't the best way to write that sentence - especially with an international audience. Although, I could certainly handle that distance!  If I can talk Joe into running it, I will too. 

Ann-Marie

worked for me in little ol' England. Still can't figure the 2/5 hm though. Luckily, being a complete newbie, i,ve got a bit of an exxxxxcuse. Can someone explain please.

2012-01-19 1:47 AM
in reply to: #3998739

User image

England
kgore - 2012-01-19 4:42 AM

I was bad today...I missed my workout.

On the other hand, we wandered all over a beach---doesn't walking around on heavy, loose sand and climbing all over beach rocks resemble a workout????

We started the day by driving to a hockey store in Oakland (REALLY?!?! Oakland really has no need for a hockey warehouse....)so Clint could try out some goalie skates...we then ran on to the California Academy of Sciences to check out their aquarium and rainforest exhibit--it is SO amazing--honestly, y'all should check out their website--their exhibits--especially the reefs, are jaw-dropping-inspiring..Anyway, after that we hoped on the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands Nat'l Park--gorgeous! coast mountains w/hiking trails straight down to the ocean! Also home to several Nike Missile Battery points--and their main launch area was open for viewing (they were decommissioned in the late '70s and the parks people have been sprucing up the buildings and acquiring old missile parts to show 'how it was')--so we got to go see these HUGE missiles that were once thought to be our "final protection" in case of an attack from the ocean--Apparently, they occasionally can get the elevator that holds an "empty" missile to raise up into launch position---and then they do so, freaking out anyone driving nearby---they also will let people sit on the missile too...too bad it wasn't working todayFrown In any case it was great fun seeing all this formerly classified stuff! We then headed down to the beach, wandering all over and climbing all over the rocks everywhere. At that point we were about to just head home, but Clint decided that we NEEDED a seafood dinner (we were at the coast after all!Laughing). So we headed into Sausalito and ate at a place right on the bay--literally people were coming and going on their boats right beneath our window! I had some shrimp in a spicy red and bacon sauce over linguini---It was a somewhat romantic dinner (TOTALLY RARE OCCURRENCE FOR US---we dont really go there, mainly due to expense!)...After that is was drive home time....a good day.

Tomorrow I get to go pick up my new kitty--an orange-y leopard spotted male, about 6 months old--and nearly as big as our 11 year old kitty that we have now! He is one of 4 kittens that my mom's adult cat had--mom adopted the momma kitty not knowing she was preggers--Mom finally got us to agree to take one (the kittens were born within a week of my dear Smoke-kitty's death, so adopting one was not something I was considering immediately), and little orange guy has pretty much decided he is ours---with MONSTROUS paws--seriously they're huge!!!! Oh well, pics as soon as I can.

As for training--tomorrow I am supposed to do 20 miles on the bike, however we are supposed to get a huge amount of rain starting tonight through Sunday....so, if it doesn't rain, no worries--if it does though, I think that I might just do a spinning class! Yay to something NEW!!! Laughing

What a day!

2012-01-19 4:07 AM

Leesburg, VA
2/5 = february 5th...

I'm up, ready to go, and rearing for a run ... And then I checked the weather... Uh oh. Feels like 4 degrees with wind chill. I don't think I can do it. I still dont have all the feeling back in my thumb from the last 18 degree run. This sucks!!

(complaint over, telling myself: stay flexible)
2012-01-19 6:37 AM
in reply to: #3998841

User image

Master
Orlando

NEdaynow - 2012-01-19 4:07 AM 2/5 = february 5th...

I'm up, ready to go, and rearing for a run ... And then I checked the weather... Uh oh. Feels like 4 degrees with wind chill. I don't think I can do it. I still dont have all the feeling back in my thumb from the last 18 degree run. This sucks!!

Holy crap!  I've never even felt that kind of cold let alone tried to run in it! I see no disgrace in blowing off the run

Ann-Marie

2012-01-19 7:12 AM
in reply to: #3998914

User image

Coastal Carolina
amd723 - 2012-01-19 7:37 AM

NEdaynow - 2012-01-19 4:07 AM 2/5 = february 5th...

Holy crap!  I've never even felt that kind of cold let alone tried to run in it! I see no disgrace in blowing off the run

Ann-Marie

Yup not complaining about the cold on the HM anymore...

2012-01-19 8:51 AM

User image

Expert
Wow Kate, I'm soooo envious.  I lived in San Diego (beautiful) for almost ten years before moving to Michigan.  Now my son's will be in college within the next 2 years and I am planning to move back west.  I went to San Francisco last spring and I absolutely fell in love with everything about it.  I believe this city or somewhere near to it is my calling.  Just reading your post while looking outside at all our snow makes me want to move today!
2012-01-19 11:28 AM

User image

Seattle
kgore - 2012-01-18 10:42 PM

so Clint could try out some goalie skates...we then ran on to the California Academy of Sciences to check out their aquarium and rainforest exhibit--it is SO amazing--honestly, y'all should check out their website--their exhibits--especially the reefs, are jaw-dropping-inspiring..Anyway, after that we hoped on the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands Nat'l Park--gorgeous! coast mountains w/hiking trails straight down to the ocean! 

OMG I want to go to the California Academy of Sciences SO BAD! I have a picture of it posted at my desk, in fact. I LOVE the living roof they have. Their sustainability story is just amazing. I was actually going to suggest you check that out when you were talking about San Fran. 

ALSO your husband is a goalie!?!?!? So cool. I'm playing hockey next weekend. I want to play goal but they probably wont let me. Boooooo...

Edited by Asalzwed 2012-01-19 11:28 AM

2012-01-19 11:45 AM

User image

Seattle
I had the most epic XC skiing accident yesterday. I'm fine, other than extremely bruised knees, a shattered ego and a litterally-broken-in-half ski boot (side note, XC ski boots are soft...not the hard plastic-y kind. Yeah...chew on that for a minute). Smile The DayQuil has worn off...I'm at work with polka dot rain boots on and I just got a voicemail notifying me work is cancelled again today. Hmmmm...

Edited by Asalzwed 2012-01-19 11:47 AM
2012-01-19 12:09 PM
in reply to: #3999617

User image

Coastal Carolina

Asalzwed - 2012-01-19 12:45 PM I had the most epic XC skiing accident yesterday. I'm fine, other than extremely bruised knees, a shattered ego and a litterally-broken-in-half ski boot (side note, XC ski boots are soft...not the hard plastic-y kind. Yeah...chew on that for a minute). Smile The DayQuil has worn off...I'm at work with polka dot rain boots on and I just got a voicemail notifying me work is cancelled again today. Hmmmm...

There is so much I'm confused about in this simple post...  Are you sure the DayQuill has worn off?Tongue out

Did y'all get rocked by that storm?

2012-01-19 12:15 PM

User image

Seattle

Yeah, it was pretty bad. We got about 8" at our house yesterday and then it started sleeting/freezing rain. Everything got coated with about an inch of ice. 

Not so bad for cities that are used to snow but we are ill-equipped and have TONS of hills. 

2012-01-19 12:24 PM
in reply to: #3999580

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Asalzwed - 2012-01-19 9:28 AM
kgore - 2012-01-18 10:42 PM

so Clint could try out some goalie skates...we then ran on to the California Academy of Sciences to check out their aquarium and rainforest exhibit--it is SO amazing--honestly, y'all should check out their website--their exhibits--especially the reefs, are jaw-dropping-inspiring..Anyway, after that we hoped on the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands Nat'l Park--gorgeous! coast mountains w/hiking trails straight down to the ocean! 

OMG I want to go to the California Academy of Sciences SO BAD! I have a picture of it posted at my desk, in fact. I LOVE the living roof they have. Their sustainability story is just amazing. I was actually going to suggest you check that out when you were talking about San Fran. 

ALSO your husband is a goalie!?!?!? So cool. I'm playing hockey next weekend. I want to play goal but they probably wont let me. Boooooo...

This was the second time I've been there, but Clint hadn't seen it, so I was kind of insistent that we go.. It is a great place.

He wants to improve his skating (he doesn't stay on his feet to well, and he has never been able to find comfy skates--hence the trying on of stuff yesterday. He has the rest of his gear though, and once he can get the skates, he plans on taking some lessons---jeez--golf AND hockey--he better NEVER complain about MY sport(s) being to expensive!!Yell

2012-01-19 12:32 PM
in reply to: #3999694

User image

Seattle

This was the second time I've been there, but Clint hadn't seen it, so I was kind of insistent that we go.. It is a great place.

He wants to improve his skating (he doesn't stay on his feet to well, and he has never been able to find comfy skates--hence the trying on of stuff yesterday. He has the rest of his gear though, and once he can get the skates, he plans on taking some lessons---jeez--golf AND hockey--he better NEVER complain about MY sport(s) being to expensive!!Yell

Riiiiiiiight? Hockey is right up there with triathlon. Maybe even more expensive. Definitely more smelly...

2012-01-19 1:08 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Happee to see the Manatee crazee smellee partee is in full swing thanks to all, and those who have stopped by my blog.

I've had a crazee Manatee day myself ... the more I try to explain it, the worse it gets ...

Mee: I just had Easy Mac do a foamy explosion in the microwave at 2am.
Manatee: What the ... never mind, why were you going to eat Easy Mac at 2am?!

Mee: Because my mom is covered in Superman band-aids.
Manatee: Well, that's very sad, but no reason to do comfort eating.

Mee: See, no, I was actually hungry and needed lotsa carby some protein a little fat because I worked out all night.
Manatee: Well ... um ... what about the Superman band-aids, then?

Mee: It was because my mom was out partying all night.
Manatee: PARTYING?! ALL NIGHT! But ... doesn't she have Alzheimer's and is wearing an electrical monitor for a heart condition? How could she be partying all night?

Mee: She was with pastors.
Manatee: Dear Lord.

See what I mean? No matter how I try to explain all this ...

Manatee: Tsk tsk. How very strange.
Mee: Not really. That's pretty much how most of my days go.

Heh. The good news is that I managed to rescue the Easy Mac. Oh, and my mom is fine and blissfully snoozing away.

2012-01-19 1:14 PM
in reply to: #3999822

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-01-19 1:08 PM

Happee to see the Manatee crazee smellee partee is in full swing thanks to all, and those who have stopped by my blog.

I've had a crazee Manatee day myself ... the more I try to explain it, the worse it gets ...

Mee: See, no, I was actually hungry and needed lotsa carby some protein a little fat because I worked out all night.

Manatee: PARTYING?! ALL NIGHT! But ... doesn't she have Alzheimer's and is wearing an electrical monitor for a heart condition? How could she be partying all night?

Heh. The good news is that I managed to rescue the Easy Mac. Oh, and my mom is fine and blissfully snoozing away.

If anything, this just made me hungry for easy mac. Other than that, it makes perfect sense. Feel free to read my blog for my forking crazy day. Not just the XC ski accident...HINT I ended the night cuddling the tow truck driver/locksmith's dog.... 

Edited by Asalzwed 2012-01-19 1:15 PM
2012-01-19 1:21 PM
in reply to: #3999843

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-01-20 3:14 AM
TriAya - 2012-01-19 1:08 PM

If anything, this just made me hungry for easy mac. Other than that, it makes perfect sense. Feel free to read my blog for my forking crazy day. Not just the XC ski accident...HINT I ended the night cuddling the tow truck driver/locksmith's dog.... 

I was in fact thinking of you when I wrote "crazee smellee Manatee partee ... " Don't get me wrong. I like smelly.

You ended the night cuddling the tow truck driver ... AND another person's dog?

Isn't that against the law somewhere?

P.S. BEST BLOG ENTRY EVER. WITH PICS. You with schnoot in alien-zombie puppy's fur. Sweetest ever!

Edited by TriAya 2012-01-19 1:25 PM
2012-01-19 1:22 PM

User image

Seattle
Laws are loosely enforced here in Seattle Wink
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Lynn: Manatee Madness Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 69