BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2009-06-04 3:43 PM
in reply to: #2069346

User image

Veteran
Thibodaux
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL
Thanks for all the support and good wishes, Manatees! You are truly a great group. I had my second DCT treatment today and guess what? I have been pain free all day! I'm trying to stay still, but I think I will ask if I can walk on the beach on Saturday.

The search for a housekeeper is on. My kitchen floor is getting really dirty. Hopefully I'll find someone soon.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. TR, enjoy your swims. Hope your pets get some relief. Stacie, congrats on your new toy! What kind did you get? And I forgot who posted the cool picture of the dolphins. But that is so cool. How beautiful they are! Bill, have fun on your 4 day weekend!

Have a nice evening everyone!

Edited by mammatri's 2009-06-04 3:44 PM

2009-06-04 8:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Hi manatees!

It's been a busy week for everything but training it seems. Monday was the dentist (not too bad but I'm not going to rush back). Tuesday I did 10 miles on the bike. Last night I gave blood and had to go to a meeting. Got a swim in tonight.

I still haven't been able to get my butt out of bed in the morning to workout. Every night I go to sleep with the intention to but keep hitting the snooze button.... Maybe I should go to bed earlier.

Cathy - I'm glad to hear your back is getting a little better. Try to remember as you feel better that doesn't mean you back is healed.
I think the hardest part of coming back from an injury is not jumping right back into training once the pain is gone.
Lynn - Love the pictures!
Bill - Enjoy your long weekend.
Beth - I hope the ankle is getting better.
Everybody - Have a great Friday!

Art
2009-06-05 7:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Thibodaux
Art, I don't like the dentist either. Having people dig in my mouth and scrape stuff gives me the heebies! But I'm really vain and I love my teeth. So I go religiously. Oh, and you really should go to bed earlier so you can get up early & work out. My dh does it every am at 5:30. He loves it. I just lie in bed and drink coffee. So I know it's really hard.

The hardest part of my back issue now is that I'm feeling so much better, but I've been told not to do anything for a while yet. I really feel like I could run right now. But I won't. I want to take a long walk on the beach this weekend, but dh says I should ask if it's ok when I go in today. So I will. But I can't see how it would hurt.

I'm off to the beach as usual on a Friday. Have a great weekend, Mantees!
2009-06-05 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2196691

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Art - I can't get my butt moving in the a.m. either. Just can't do it - just not a morning person.
And this coming from a girl who had to be up at 0400 for her 0600 shifts when I was still policing ... jeez sure don't miss those days. ;-)

I WENT TO THE DENTIST YESTERDAY! It was fabulous ... ahhhh ... nice clean mouth, and a new toothbrush to boot. lol.

Cathy - take it easy on that back! But glad to hear you're feeling better, and are getting some relief.

Beth - how's the foot/leg feeling? Everyone else?

I myself am getting new information, re: my Achilles ... I was told to stay off it for 3 weeks (!!!!!) and that I really should be wearing an air cast for those 3 weeks, to get it stabilized and let the tears heal ... ummm ... air cast + training = awkward. I have not yet gotten the cast, and don't think I will, but I'm staying off of it as best I can and dont' think I'll be a go-ahead for my sprint in 2 weeks. I may be stubborn and bull-headed, but I'm not stupid enough to race on a foot that I apparently shouldn't even be walking on.

I don't go back to the doc until Thursday for another treatment ... not sure what to do with myself in the meantime.

Well - off to the clinic! We have air conditioning there ... maybe I should start sleeping there. lol.
2009-06-05 4:12 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Art and TR, I sooo hear you on the morning thing - I'd like to get back to it though, it really does feel good to get up and get going!

thanks for asking about the ankle, the good news is the swelling is pretty much gone and I have little to no pain - this makes it hard for me to remember that I can't run or do activities that I might risk twisting my ankle and fracturing it completely :/ - my next appt is June 24, he'll do an X-ray then

I won't be around much, if at all this weekend - my folks are coming into town - sort of feeling a little anxious about it to be honest....

Have a great weekend everyone

oh and btw - Yanti will be leaving for Indonesia on June 8

2009-06-05 4:13 PM
in reply to: #2197046

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
SpiritFire - 2009-06-05 10:53 AM Art - I can't get my butt moving in the a.m. either. Just can't do it - just not a morning person. And this coming from a girl who had to be up at 0400 for her 0600 shifts when I was still policing ... jeez sure don't miss those days. ;-) I WENT TO THE DENTIST YESTERDAY! It was fabulous ... ahhhh ... nice clean mouth, and a new toothbrush to boot. lol. Cathy - take it easy on that back! But glad to hear you're feeling better, and are getting some relief. Beth - how's the foot/leg feeling? Everyone else? I myself am getting new information, re: my Achilles ... I was told to stay off it for 3 weeks (!!!!!) and that I really should be wearing an air cast for those 3 weeks, to get it stabilized and let the tears heal ... ummm ... air cast + training = awkward. I have not yet gotten the cast, and don't think I will, but I'm staying off of it as best I can and dont' think I'll be a go-ahead for my sprint in 2 weeks. I may be stubborn and bull-headed, but I'm not stupid enough to race on a foot that I apparently shouldn't even be walking on. I don't go back to the doc until Thursday for another treatment ... not sure what to do with myself in the meantime. Well - off to the clinic! We have air conditioning there ... maybe I should start sleeping there. lol.

that's a bummer about the Achilles!  rest so it can heal properly

2009-06-06 10:28 AM
in reply to: #2198116

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Art & Beth - I thought of you guys at 4 a.m. this morning when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I thought - hmmm I should just get up and go for a run ... sleep is not going to happen now so why waste this time!?!
(I got woken up by an earthquake, and I always have a hard time falling asleep after) ...

But alas, I stayed in bed. I did not get up and go for a run like a good girl. My bed is just too comfy. ;-)

It's always my goal every training season to become an early-morning workout person ... and it never happens. lol.
2009-06-06 12:04 PM
in reply to: #2198948

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
SpiritFire - 2009-06-06 11:28 AM

Art & Beth - I thought of you guys at 4 a.m. this morning when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I thought - hmmm I should just get up and go for a run ... sleep is not going to happen now so why waste this time!?!
(I got woken up by an earthquake, and I always have a hard time falling asleep after) ...

But alas, I stayed in bed. I did not get up and go for a run like a good girl. My bed is just too comfy. ;-)

It's always my goal every training season to become an early-morning workout person ... and it never happens. lol.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :) Earthquake huh? If that was me I could just hear me tell myself..."It's probably not safe to run during an eathquake. It'll probably throw off my stride. I'll just go back to sleep."

Art

Edited by reid15 2009-06-06 4:11 PM
2009-06-06 11:38 PM

User image

Master
Utah

Hey guys. Just a quick drive by to say hi. Mission accomplished.

Did a long bike ride today. It was a fundraising ride and was ALOT of fun--but I am very tired and going to bed now. Got back into town a few hours ago, washed up , ate, put the kids to bed, now time for mommy to head to bed, too. RR coming tomorrow-ish. I'll let you all know when it's up. 

2009-06-07 2:08 PM
in reply to: #2199055

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Earthquakes -- Oh come on guys. I live in Ca--an earthquake is how we warm up our legs.

Just wanted to share my good news -- PR'd today in a 10K! Woo-woo-hoo. Now if I can just run that in an Oly!

2009-06-07 4:36 PM

User image

Master
Utah

Wahoo Lynn! Way to go!!!!

2009-06-07 4:36 PM

User image

Master
Utah

RR link from my blog is live.

How is everyone else doing today?

2009-06-08 10:46 AM
in reply to: #2200437

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Okay, Art and TR-- Here's an article about morning exercising for you:

http://diet.health.com/2009/06/02/getting-my-butt-out-of-bed-how-i-became-a-morning-exerciser/?xid=whn090608&utm_source=health&utm_medium=email&utm_content=body-lede&utm_campaign=whn090608-html&PromKey=XET

2009-06-08 12:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Thibodaux
Hi Manatees! Congratulations to Lynn & Amy on your events. TR, that's a bummer about your achilles. But maybe this time you'll heal it once & for all. I wonder if we should start a new mentor group for people with injuries to keep each other from going crazy while they're sidetracked. I had good news today. This week I can start swimming! I'll be at the pool tomorrow after my treatment. Have a great day everyone!
2009-06-08 6:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Wyoming
Hey Manatees! sorry about the MIA days I have had! We have been so busy here on the ranch getting the cattle sorted, moved and the bulls put out. This week's brandings should about wrap up the super long days of riding...then on to farming as the alfalfa is ready to cut!

Last week my actual Tri training was rather interrupted due to the long hours on a horse, but I decided there was some core and leg training at least. I also got in 3 swims because I had to run to town for different ranch obligations and slipped a swim in! I had one great swim/bike brick so that felt good. Only ran once all week -that was yesterday - and it was a pretty good run, although my achilles sure stiffens up with the running! It isn't torn according to my chiro, but it does get a bit aggravated.

The weather is super cold here - 52* high yesterday - and rain every single day! We haven't had a summer like this for years and although it is hard on Tri training, it is wonderful for the grass and the crops. I have my first ows on Wednesday. It is a practice swim for my Tri. It will also be my first ever swim with a wetsuit.

Lynn - LOVED the photo of the dolphins! Showed to the the whole family. We might be coming to San Diego the last week of July...how far is La Jolla? WTG on the 10K PR!!!

Cathy - glad to hear your back is doing better and that you can start swimming again!

TR - sorry to hear about the achilles. It makes me worry about mine! It would be such a bummer to have to cancel my Tri! I feel for you.

Lauren - any new news on your knee? I saw you asked about POSE running on the other board. I have tried doing some of the Chi Running techniques and they have worked for me. From the research I have done, I don't think it is fair for others to say that Mr. Dreyer of CR stole the POSE stuff. Mrs. Dreyer has a response to that accusation on their website. Anyway, I think the thing that has helped me the most is his breathing information, the cadence ideas and the relaxation stuff. I don't think I have it all figured out, but my way has always been to take what works for me and leave the rest. There are some good youtube videos about the CR techniques that you might want to check out.

What else....boy my brain gets foggy in the afternoons!

Bill - any swimming lately? I know I had another bike gear switching question for you....maybe I will remember after tonight's ride!

Art - I am with you on the morning thing! I keep telling myself I HAVE to spend at least the last two weeks before my Tri getting up early and training since I will have to race in the early AM. Now, it is typically 5-6pm before I feel like working out.

Beth - good the ankle is feeling better. I would have a hard time remembering too, especially if it isn't hurting. Do you know if Yanti will be back with us any time soon?

Well time to get myself ready to go. Will take my dd to lift weights for school sports and use the time she is there to get a bike ride in. Oh yeah...that reminds me....we had a bit of a mishap with ds's pickup last week. We only mangled the driver's door and part of the frame, but it has a lot of miles on it so the insurance is probably going to call it a total and pay us off. Waiting to see. It was kind of scary when it was happening, but no one was hurt...including animals.

Blessings to all you Manatees!
Sharie

2009-06-08 7:05 PM
in reply to: #2200233

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
lmscozz - 2009-06-07 3:08 PM

Earthquakes -- Oh come on guys. I live in Ca--an earthquake is how we warm up our legs.

Just wanted to share my good news -- PR'd today in a 10K! Woo-woo-hoo. Now if I can just run that in an Oly!

WAY TO GO LYNN!!!!

2009-06-08 7:08 PM
in reply to: #2203481

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Manatees!

I'll try to respond all at once:

To everyone who raced/PR'd this weekend - wooooohooooo! WTG! ;-)

Earthquakes - yes - we get about 200-250/year here, and the only time they bother me is when the rumbling wakes me up (note: not when the shaking wakes me up) ... there's something about that boom and that rumble in the middle of the night - the sound of the earth breaking and waking me ... I don't like it! It's just that sound! EEK! It's so primal ... it's so - freaky. I don't think I'll ever be settled with it.

But I agree - the quakes themselves are not a big deal.

Injuries - yes - ouchie. I have done nothing the past few days, as my logs will show - and I'm feeling ok right now. Not good, not healthy, but ok. So my tri is officially cancelled - which bums me out but at least I'm healing - hopefully once and for all.

Did I post here - or elsewhere, my logs, facebook maybe? - that I had a handwriting analysis done while we were out for our girl's day on Saturday ... and apparently my handwriting shows that I am having a conflict between my head and my heart ... he says there is something that I want to do, but I cannot or will not let myself do it. As my professional career is wicked awesome, I'm guessing that means I REALLY WANT to race - but am not letting myself race because I am not healthy.
Weird, though, huh.

I had a CRAPPY day today. My hot water tank broke last night, flooded my garage, and today I spent $900 on an emergency replacement. And it took me about 4-5 hours to clean up the flood. I also had some work done in my kitchen, and although it was not that expensive I'm very disappointed with the job - I've never used this contractor before and I won't again - it looks like I did it myself. Not a good professional job at all. Bugger.
Actually - I could have easily done it myself. It was not the job I was expecting to be done.

Ahhhhh ranching. Takes me back to the few good memories of my youth - on the farm, horses, crops, chores, the animals, branding ... sometimes I really miss it. Maybe I need to come see Wyoming and help out for a week or so - get it out of my system. lol.

Hope everyone has a great week!
2009-06-08 7:17 PM
in reply to: #2200437

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
givemashot - 2009-06-07 5:36 PM

RR link from my blog is live.

How is everyone else doing today?

Amy - I loved the race report! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Good job on those hills!

Art
2009-06-08 7:29 PM
in reply to: #2202054

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
lmscozz - 2009-06-08 11:46 AM

Okay, Art and TR-- Here's an article about morning exercising for you:

http://diet.health.com/2009/06/02/getting-my-butt-out-of-bed-how-i-became-a-morning-exerciser/?xid=whn090608&utm_source=health&utm_medium=email&utm_content=body-lede&utm_campaign=whn090608-html&PromKey=XET

Good tips.....I think I'll sleep on it.

Art
2009-06-08 7:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
TR- Sorry to hear about your day. I HATE anything to do with plumbing or water problems in a house. I can't tell you how many times I had to replace the elements in my water heaters, how many hours I worked on my basement trying to stop the water from coming in and I won't go into the details of when the pipe burst and flooded the basement of my current house. Do I sound bitter???

Glad to hear your feeling better! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Art
2009-06-08 8:33 PM
in reply to: #2203677

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
reid15 - 2009-06-08 5:35 PM

TR- Sorry to hear about your day. I HATE anything to do with plumbing or water problems in a house. I can't tell you how many times I had to replace the elements in my water heaters, how many hours I worked on my basement trying to stop the water from coming in and I won't go into the details of when the pipe burst and flooded the basement of my current house. Do I sound bitter???

Glad to hear your feeling better! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Art

Yup - it sucks. Sometimes - owning a home - sucks. But most of the time - it's awesome.

I can't help but wonder if the earthquake Saturday had anything to do with the rupture on Sunday.
Yet my earthquake deductible is $8000 - so I'm not going to look into that. ;-)

I forgot to mention something:

I MET A BOY! ... OMG I feel like a school-girl ... omg ... I have butt-er-flies, oh boy. He's my new lawyer. And he is awesome. He looks like Barack Obama - tall, lean, no hair, big ears, well educated, elegant, well-spoken - and NO wedding ring!

Wish me luck. The cute thing is - the entire time we met this morning - to discuss my business papers - he was nervous. It was so cute. Just so darn cute. OMG.

Stop me now. This is honestly the first time since my ex left 18 months ago that I've even looked at another guy. This is so exciting!

2009-06-08 8:49 PM
in reply to: #2198948

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
SpiritFire - 2009-06-06 11:28 AM Art & Beth - I thought of you guys at 4 a.m. this morning when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I thought - hmmm I should just get up and go for a run ... sleep is not going to happen now so why waste this time!?! (I got woken up by an earthquake, and I always have a hard time falling asleep after) ... But alas, I stayed in bed. I did not get up and go for a run like a good girl. My bed is just too comfy. ;-) It's always my goal every training season to become an early-morning workout person ... and it never happens. lol.

hehe!

Art and I'd have done the same thing

waidaminute, that didn't sound quite right

LOL!
2009-06-08 8:50 PM
in reply to: #2199768

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
givemashot - 2009-06-07 12:38 AM

Hey guys. Just a quick drive by to say hi. Mission accomplished.

Did a long bike ride today. It was a fundraising ride and was ALOT of fun--but I am very tired and going to bed now. Got back into town a few hours ago, washed up , ate, put the kids to bed, now time for mommy to head to bed, too. RR coming tomorrow-ish. I'll let you all know when it's up. 

Nice job Amy!

are you and your bike still friends?

2009-06-08 8:52 PM
in reply to: #2202629

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
mammatri's - 2009-06-08 1:57 PM Hi Manatees! Congratulations to Lynn & Amy on your events. TR, that's a bummer about your achilles. But maybe this time you'll heal it once & for all. I wonder if we should start a new mentor group for people with injuries to keep each other from going crazy while they're sidetracked. I had good news today. This week I can start swimming! I'll be at the pool tomorrow after my treatment. Have a great day everyone!

yaaaay! you get to swim

2009-06-09 6:08 PM

User image

Melon Presser
So exciting to quickly read the Manatee news and catch up. SO SORRY for my absence recently--going crazy packing up and moving across the world!

I'm actually typing this in Taipei, Taiwan where I'm in transit on my way to Indonesia.

Can't wait to get a little time to fully catch up on this thread and be able to respond.

Big warm sloppy thanks to those of you who have taken the time to msg and inspire. It means so much to me to have your support on this journey.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  

of 59