BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Milaminute and Sparco's Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 55

2008-03-08 9:02 PM
in reply to: #1260791

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème
Subject: RE: Milaminute and Sparco's Group - Closed

Cashmason - 2008-03-08 5:40 PM Maybe he likes your buttercups? Leaving for a week of downhill skiing tomorrow. Doubt I will have internet access. Good workouts to all.

Have a great time, Cash!  We'll miss you.

2008-03-08 9:04 PM
in reply to: #1092026

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème

Spent the afternoon/evening at a local tri expo.  I got to see my dream bike up close and personal and it's even better than I imagined *sigh*.  Anyone feel like buying me a present?? 

2008-03-09 12:18 AM

User image

Expert
Orange County, California
Love you lots Mila, but between BoyToy and Sal, I am way down on your affection list.

Guess you gotta talk one of them into it instead.
2008-03-09 2:47 PM
in reply to: #1261155

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème

Cashmason - 2008-03-09 1:18 AM Love you lots Mila, but between BoyToy and Sal, I am way down on your affection list. Guess you gotta talk one of them into it instead.

Look at it this way, it's a surefire way to move to the top of the list .  Besides, trust me, neither of the aforementioned boys are gonna buy it for me.  Woe is me... 

Edited by milaminute 2008-03-09 6:22 PM
2008-03-09 9:53 PM
in reply to: #1261562

User image

Pro
A farming town in MN
milaminute - 2008-03-09 2:47 PM

Cashmason - 2008-03-09 1:18 AM Love you lots Mila, but between BoyToy and Sal, I am way down on your affection list. Guess you gotta talk one of them into it instead.

Look at it this way, it's a surefire way to move to the top of the list .  Besides, trust me, neither of the aforementioned boys are gonna buy it for me.  Woe is me...

Well Mila...I hate to break it to ya...but in the words of Mr. Jagger...
you can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes...well you might find...you get what you need...

I don't think I'll EVER get my dream bike...and when I do, I'll be too old to make good use of it (Ironman Florida before birthday #50)...I'm struggling just to finish BUILDING my tri bike...still looking for some compatible brake levers for my Syntace aero bars... anyone feel like buying me a present?

2008-03-09 11:31 PM
in reply to: #1262072

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème
sparco - 2008-03-09 10:53 PM
milaminute - 2008-03-09 2:47 PM

Well Mila...I hate to break it to ya...but in the words of Mr. Jagger...
you can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes...well you might find...you get what you need...

I don't think I'll EVER get my dream bike...and when I do, I'll be too old to make good use of it (Ironman Florida before birthday #50)...I'm struggling just to finish BUILDING my tri bike...still looking for some compatible brake levers for my Syntace aero bars... anyone feel like buying me a present?

No, really, I need that bike. 

OK, cute kid story alert.  Don't read any further if those sorts of things make you vomit...

I took Exhibit C, who is two and a half, to visit the preschool he'll attend next year.  He is personality plus and took over the place... for example, walked into the music room, said hi to the teachers, found the instruments, picked up a drum and made them march behind him and he's so freakin' cute (I swear it's not just because I birthed him that I think this) that no one can resist.  They thought it was hilarious.

Sooooo... we go into the office and I'm filling out the paperwork.  He stands up on a chair (he is the third, this is acceptable behavior for third children) and looks out the window and sees the playground.  Turns to the director of the school and announces (not really very quietly), "I NEED to go to the park."  She smiles at him and responds, "Oh, you would like to go to the park today?"  His answer??  Looks at her with a "you really aren't that bright" look and says, "NO.  I said I NEED to go to the park."

Fortunately for me, she had already accepted my check.  We said our goodbyes quickly .

Moral of the story:  NO.  I said I NEED that bike!!!!

Edited by milaminute 2008-03-09 11:31 PM

2008-03-10 2:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

Mila, cute story.  LOL.  My son is always picking up the ladies.  It was the pizza delivery girl last week, and the hostess at the mexican restaurant last night.  He is going to keep me on my toes. 

2008-03-10 6:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC
I had a productive weekend.  I rode the bike course for the tri I am doing at the end of March, followed by a short run.  Then today I swam a straight 500 yds. same distance as the pool swim for the tri.  I haven't ridden my bike since June Mila, stop gasping It still had the race number on it.  LOL.  All went well, I think I'll do fine on the course, the worst part is the end, all up hill. 
2008-03-10 8:29 PM
in reply to: #1263975

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème

gygyhawk - 2008-03-10 7:26 PM I had a productive weekend.  I rode the bike course for the tri I am doing at the end of March, followed by a short run.  Then today I swam a straight 500 yds. same distance as the pool swim for the tri.  I haven't ridden my bike since June Mila, stop gasping It still had the race number on it.  LOL.  All went well, I think I'll do fine on the course, the worst part is the end, all up hill. 

What? I'm so confused.  I don't understand... 

Glad you got out there and did your thing.  I'm sure you'll do great, but, uhhh, your bike misses you.  It wants to be ridden!!! 

2008-03-10 8:43 PM
in reply to: #1253178

User image

Veteran
Key West, Florida
LMAO!!!

I am going to do much better this month. . . no cycling odes, nor excuses for the slack month, however this month is off to a great start!!!! I am even swimming!

cb

[Cashmason] . . .

An oldie for Corey:

Cyclists are the biggest sandbaggers and secret trainers around.

They'll say anything to soften you up for the kill. Don't let this
happen to you. Study this handy rider's phrasebook to find out what
they really mean when they say:

"I'm out of shape"
Translation: I ride 400 miles a week and haven't missed a day since
the Ford administration. I replace my 11-tooth cog more often than
you wash your shorts. My body fat percentage is lower than your
mortgage rate.

• . . .

• Edited by Lwoodtri 2008-03-10 8:45 PM
    2008-03-10 8:50 PM
    in reply to: #1259582

User image

Veteran
    Key West, Florida
    I'll be happy to swim with / for any of my BT Pals!!! I am even getting in the water as of last week!!!

milaminute - 2008-03-07 5:20 PM

sparco - 2008-03-07 9:59 AM [

Cause for celebration up here in Minneapolis. Today will be the last day of the season below ZERO...YAY!!! Bike commuting starts next week!

How do you know? You could have a cold snap once my frozen heart gets to town.

Speaking of... you know what you need, you need a nice little trip to Florida with your wetsuit... unless Corey wants to swim 1.2 for me!

2008-03-11 12:07 AM

User image

Expert
    Good job on the swim and getting on your bike again Gygy.

Mila, your little one sounds adorable.

4 1/2 hours skiing today. More tomorrow. Posting this from the condo internet room.

Keep well all of you ( that includes you Mila!)

Will post more this week end when we get home and maybe more later in the week if this room is stays open.

Regards,

Cash
    2008-03-11 12:34 AM

User image

Master
    Utah

Hey guys, I'm alive, thanks for the inspires! i worked all weekend, and hubby came home from mexico, so the kids are thrilled (and me, too). Ad I was seriously slacking in both the workouts and the logging of the workouts I did do. And, well.....I bought my first bike!! I bought one of the javelin closeouts featured here on BT on the tri talk forum. I'm on hubby's laptop, so if you want to see a pic I'll have to post it later, or you can check it out on geauxtri's log. She and I ordered the same bike (same size, even), and another friend of ours is likely going to order the same bike as well and have it shipped with our bikes. To my house. I think I've figured out how to get Heather (geauxtri) to come visit me! LOL. 

edit to add: pic is in my log now. And maybe later I'll add some training to that log, as well.

Edited by givemashot 2008-03-11 12:26 PM
    2008-03-11 7:21 PM

User image

Veteran
    Charlotte, NC

Givemashot, congrats on the new bike.

Cash, enjoy your vacation, I am envious.

Mila, my bike and I aren't that close, we don't talk that often.  I tend to hang with the stationary bikes, so I don't have to worry about getting hit by a car or something silly like that.  But I will try my best to pay more attention.  LOL. 

All, I actually made it 4 whole days this week without a day off.  I am so proud.  LOL.  I have to get back to playing nurse for the next two days, then I'll check back in.  Happy training.   

2008-03-12 12:16 AM

User image

Expert
    Good job on the workouts Gygy!

Nice bike Givemashot. I am jealous.

Another day of skiing. Skied 6 black diamond runs. The first time in years I have skied black diamonds. And I was actually picking my line and turning when I wanted to, rather than just surviving the run. Lots of fun.
    2008-03-12 5:55 AM
    in reply to: #1264620

User image

Expert
    Tremonton, Utah
    givemashot - 2008-03-11 12:34 AM

Hey guys, I'm alive, thanks for the inspires! i worked all weekend, and hubby came home from mexico, so the kids are thrilled (and me, too). Ad I was seriously slacking in both the workouts and the logging of the workouts I did do. And, well.....I bought my first bike!! I bought one of the javelin closeouts featured here on BT on the tri talk forum. I'm on hubby's laptop, so if you want to see a pic I'll have to post it later, or you can check it out on geauxtri's log. She and I ordered the same bike (same size, even), and another friend of ours is likely going to order the same bike as well and have it shipped with our bikes. To my house. I think I've figured out how to get Heather (geauxtri) to come visit me! LOL. 

edit to add: pic is in my log now. And maybe later I'll add some training to that log, as well.

SWEET RIDE, Girl!!!    You're gonna rock out there in SLC town on those wheels!!!

2008-03-12 10:06 PM

User image

Expert
    Great news about C Mila!

5.3 miles running today at 6200 feet elevation. Ran with g/f so of course we had to stop and take pictures several times plus feed the geese, plus run on the sand next to the lake.
    2008-03-12 10:13 PM
    in reply to: #1268768

User image

Pro
    Sous Mon Diadème

Cashmason - 2008-03-12 11:06 PM Great news about C Mila! 5.3 miles running today at 6200 feet elevation. Ran with g/f so of course we had to stop and take pictures several times plus feed the geese, plus run on the sand next to the lake.

That sounds like my kind of run .

Yes, Exhibit C... good news for sure... we still have more questions than answers but I will take that over what could have been any day of the week!

2008-03-13 6:11 PM

User image

Pro
    Sous Mon Diadème

Nothin'?  We got NOTHIN' allll day???  I hope it's cause you're out training.  Weather couldn't be more perfect in the ATL!  What's the forecast in MN next week, Sal???

2008-03-13 6:36 PM

User image

UPDATE: It's 80 degrees and sunny here.. I had to use my AC on the drive home.

I have nothing else to report except for a swim tonight... ahhh, water.

-Slacker

2008-03-13 7:06 PM
    in reply to: #1270865

User image

Expert
    Tremonton, Utah
    milaminute - 2008-03-13 6:11 PM

Nothin'?  We got NOTHIN' allll day???  I hope it's cause you're out training.  Weather couldn't be more perfect in the ATL!  What's the forecast in MN next week, Sal???

78 and Clear blue skies today in Cowboy town.   Got a 3 miler in this morning.  Getting the gear checked out for Saturday.  No workout tomorrow -- it's my TAPER! 

Now friends, before I go much further -- I wanna say THANKS for all your support and encouragement the past few months, I really really appreciate it!   It means tons! 

Now, that's said -- -- I'm askeered  Anxious  Not sure what to think  going nuts about this race on Saturday!  ...  I went through my Race Reports from all my races today, and boy, I've come and gone a LONG way.  Swim, not worried -- my times are consistently around 2:05-2:10/100 -- not fast -- but consistent.   Bike- nervous only in that I've not put nearly enough time in the saddle-   I'm hoping to Average 18 MPH.  If all goes well, I'll make 19, but I'm not holding my breath.   Course has some hills -- nothing major, but a fair number of false flats.  So should be ok there. -- Run -- Well, that's the SCARRY (and I mean SCARRY! ) part.  Last year I was complaining at 8:30/miles -- Now I'm praying I'll be able to hold a 9:30/mile.  Guess that's where I've fallen off the most.  I guess the fact that I weigh 25 lbs more than I did at my last race doesn't help any!!!     (Still haven't found the magic potion to get the weight to start coming off -- yes Mila/Sal it's ZONE training (Which I've been trying to do eh-somewhate) -- and that's got me really frustrated.  I know I'd be much closer to my old run times if I wasn't carrying around such dead weight.

So, Mentor's and fellow Mentee's -- What's a guy to do to get past this anxiety??   It's really got me worked up!

I'm open for any suggestions, verbal abusements, ideas, slap happy jokes, whatever!   I need 'em! -- I guess what I'm trying to say is  -- THANKS for all of the encouragement.  I've trained pretty good, and I'm physically prepared for the race.  I'm just really struggling with some headgames and got to find a way to get past them!!!

Edited by UTTriman 2008-03-13 7:08 PM

2008-03-13 8:18 PM

User image

Pro
    Sous Mon Diadème

Brett...

Perspective.

You are well trained and will be fine on Saturday.  Remember to race YOUR race.  All that matters is that you keep moving forward and cross the finish line safely and feeling as though you gave it your best shot.  Don't try to control the things over which you have no control.  Feel blessed that you are able to race at all... and know that there are those among us that would be thrilled to have the ability to run 10:00/mile, not to mention 9:30 or 8:30.  Find your focus and hold fast to it until that timing chip comes off... and then pat yourself on the back for doing what so few have the courage to do.

Have a great race.

2008-03-13 9:11 PM
    in reply to: #1270865

Weather was perfect today...close to 50...uh...Monday...not so much...I think upper 30s is all we're getting up to...

2008-03-13 9:13 PM
    in reply to: #1271146

cindymn - 2008-03-13 9:11 PM

Weather was perfect today...close to 50...uh...Monday...not so much...I think upper 30s is all we're getting up to...

Oh...I guess I'm posting off my wife's blog...

2008-03-14 7:28 AM
    in reply to: #1270952

User image

Veteran
    Key West, Florida
    Hey UTT,

Good luck on the Race, you ARE READY physically! The mind games are normal this time of year, such as Am I ready, have I trained enough over the winter etc. Forget about last year's pace / times, the extra lbs, etc just go out and race your race!!!!! This is a fresh season with a new slate of training goals and racing times.

I find for me that In the beginning of the season its best to just race the best you can see where the chips fall and use that as the training foundation / race baseline for the next event.

Good luck . . . I know you will do great!

cb

UTTriman - 2008-03-13 8:06 PM

Nothin'? We got NOTHIN' allll day??? I hope it's cause you're out training. Weather couldn't be more perfect in the ATL! What's the forecast in MN next week, Sal???

78 and Clear blue skies today in Cowboy town. Got a 3 miler in this morning. Getting the gear checked out for Saturday. No workout tomorrow -- it's my TAPER!

Now friends, before I go much further -- I wanna say THANKS for all your support and encouragement the past few months, I really really appreciate it! It means tons!

Now, that's said -- -- I'm askeered Anxious Not sure what to think going nuts about this race on Saturday! ... I went through my Race Reports from all my races today, and boy, I've come and gone a LONG way. Swim, not worried -- my times are consistently around 2:05-2:10/100 -- not fast -- but consistent. Bike- nervous only in that I've not put nearly enough time in the saddle- I'm hoping to Average 18 MPH. If all goes well, I'll make 19, but I'm not holding my breath. Course has some hills -- nothing major, but a fair number of false flats. So should be ok there. -- Run -- Well, that's the SCARRY (and I mean SCARRY! ) part. Last year I was complaining at 8:30/miles -- Now I'm praying I'll be able to hold a 9:30/mile. Guess that's where I've fallen off the most. I guess the fact that I weigh 25 lbs more than I did at my last race doesn't help any!!! (Still haven't found the magic potion to get the weight to start coming off -- yes Mila/Sal it's ZONE training (Which I've been trying to do eh-somewhate) -- and that's got me really frustrated. I know I'd be much closer to my old run times if I wasn't carrying around such dead weight.

So, Mentor's and fellow Mentee's -- What's a guy to do to get past this anxiety?? It's really got me worked up!

I'm open for any suggestions, verbal abusements, ideas, slap happy jokes, whatever! I need 'em! -- I guess what I'm trying to say is -- THANKS for all of the encouragement. I've trained pretty good, and I'm physically prepared for the race. I'm just really struggling with some headgames and got to find a way to get past them!!!

New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Milaminute and Sparco's Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 55