BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 119

2013-01-29 4:50 AM
in reply to: #4598209

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
Subject: RE: Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed
jenbmosley - 2013-01-28 3:17 PM

TAPERING?

I know Karl is running the Tally Half Marathon this weekend too, so I am super excited to be out there with another Junkie. Since this should be a taper week in preparation for Sunday's half marathon, I am curious about tapering insight. While this week will be a taper for the HM, I am still tri-training.

So, what is the best way to taper during the week before a HM? Should all three disciplines decrease? Should just running decrease and maintain my regular bike/swim workouts?

I did my last long runs, 6 miles on Friday,3 miles on Saturday, and 8 miles with a negative split this morning. I stayed away from the 9-11 mile long run that I was hoping to get in but decided against after getting straight forward advice here. I'm confused! I want to be strong and rested, but don't want to be a couch potato either.  

Jeff has pretty much hit everything on the head here but I thought I would add a little.   A specific event taper can be pretty important if it is your "A" race for the season, if not you can train fully right through it as Jeff stated.  If you are generally carrying a heavy load and your race is short distance race, only a couple of days is enough to allow for a good recovery and a solid race.  A HM isn't likely one of those shorter distances unless you are a rock solid Ultra race runner and you should alter your training for it.

My suggestion would be that you keep the bike and swim work outs as planned throughout the week but unlike Jeff I would go for a moderate bike 2-3 days out and not hit it hard that last bike WO.  The swims I wouldn't change at all.  Let them remain at the same intensity that you always do them, just make sure that you fuel up well following the last WO prior to the race.

Specifically running, I would probably get another 5-6 mile run in today and then drop back to a 3-4 mile run on Thursday and no more running until race day (provided the race is on Saturday).  All of these runs should be at an nice easy pace with no intense miles.

2013-01-29 5:58 AM
in reply to: #4597587

User image

Bronze member
wbayek - 2013-01-28 9:20 AM

On my front, I did an indoor bike TT on a computrainer Sat.  I didn't know what to expect due to my sickness and a few weeks off training, but I decided to just go for it and see how I felt.  The ride was only a 6.6 mile course with a few small hills, so seemed like a 18-19 minute effort would be likely.

It's hard to imagine bonking on a < 20 minute ride, but that's sort of what happened.  I was really psyched to be riding right next to a guy I knew from a few races.  Our bike times are almost identical, so we were hoping to have a fun race.  There was a large screen right in front of us that showed speed/distance/power and a picture of where we were on the course.

We rode side by side, within a few seconds of each other for the first 9 minutes.  I felt good, though I knew my HR was about 5-10 beats higher than I would expect for the effort.  We were at about 275 watts, which I thought seemed reasonable for a 20 minute effort and felt only slightly harder than the 20 minute intervals I’ve been doing.  Then at about 10 minutes I completely fell apart.  I don’t know exactly how to describe it, since I know Jeff is always asking what it felt like precisely.  I simply couldn’t push the pedals any harder.  My power fell off a cliff, and I finished in 19 minutes and a change with an avg. power of 250. It was a fun effort and it’s great to do something in the winter.  I was amazed at how many ridiculously fit people were there – lots of real roadies and lots of crazy bikes.

This sounds like a really great way to get motivated in the winter. Very cool. Sounds like you did great to me considering you have been really sick for so long. I would love to have some company or even competition on my trainer rides.

2013-01-29 6:07 AM
in reply to: #4542598

User image

Expert
Tallahassee

Jen since you are aiming for a crippled me in the race. I think you need to go out and run at leat 30 miles per day until race day and the day before (Saturday evening) run 50 miles around 7:00 pm and after that bike maybe 100 miles...and guess what you'll still beat me...but that is OK, you know why, because I'll just be enjoying the scenery as it runs in front of me...lol

BTW Jen, Pam has me tapering too...  game on!  lol

Really what I'm doing and I agree with the others who posted, I took today of from running and cycling and spent time working my IT band and working upper body in the gym.  That way I get my gym w/o in and it doesn't hurt my legs.  Tomorrow will be a light 3 - 4 mile run IF it is not FLOODING like they are predicting.  Thursday will be a light spin day on the bike and maybe a 2 mile run.  Friday swim and light run and maybe an arm workout.  Saturday will be a rest day and besides we'll be at the baseball field all day so it won't be resting...lol

Hey folks, I got 1,000 yards swimming nonstop yesterday.  i had the biggest smile ever considering where I'e come from on the swim. I was one of the people who thought I would NEVER learn to swim...still not a great swimmer but when i started it was 15 yards at the max. 

Edited by KWDreamun 2013-01-29 6:16 AM
2013-01-29 7:28 AM
in reply to: #4599135

User image

Veteran
Cairo, GA

TAPERING

Dirk, Jeff, & Karl-

Thank you for the advice. This will not be an "A" race and I won't be taking Karl's advice. LOL! I have actually printed off both Dirk & Jeff's posts and will be modifying my week accordingly. The run is on Sunday- my first Sunday race ever.

I do want to taper, but still keep my routine in motion. Right now, my Half Marathon "A" race will hopefully be in March in Albany, GA.

Today was my first morning using a bike trainer. I spent part of my Sunday night getting everything set up and last night tinkering with the computer and settings. I woke up several times in the middle of the night because I was so excited to get a workout in on my trainer -- clearly something must be wrong with me. I  got up at 4:00 a.m. to do a 1:45 minutes at an easy pace. I thought things were off and my tension was too light when I started because I was riding way too fast (not going to admit how fast though). After about 20 minutes into the ride, I settled into my groove and yes, everything was set just right. Whether I ride outside or on a stationary bike in the gym I know how many miles I tend to cover and that's just where I was this morning.  

Edited by jenbmosley 2013-01-29 7:29 AM
2013-01-29 8:00 AM

User image

NH
KWDreamun - 2013-01-29 7:07 AM

Hey folks, I got 1,000 yards swimming nonstop yesterday.  i had the biggest smile ever considering where I'e come from on the swim. I was one of the people who thought I would NEVER learn to swim...still not a great swimmer but when i started it was 15 yards at the max. 

Great progress and a super accomplishment.  1000 yards is no joke and shows you've got the basics down.

As far as tapering, it's been covered well I believe but I encourage people to experiment a little.  Jeff's routine convinced me I was tapering way too much, meaning I was cutting back more than I needed to, for even my "A" race.  Tapering requirements seem to be related to the inverse of training time, so for those of us barely pushing 10 hours a week on a max week, I think we don't need those 10 day+ tapers you see in IM training plans.  A few days of easier spinning, or if your "A" race is running only, cutting out S/B but keeping a fair bit of running the last week might work very well for you.

2013-01-29 8:58 AM

User image

Expert
MI

Karl,

We have a flood watch for tomorrow too.  I didn't know it extended that far south!  For us they are saying the melting snow along with the heavy rain could create for some flooding.  I wish it wouldn't be raining the whole time this warm front is coming through!  I really would have liked to run outside, but it looks like the whole time we'll be having the warmer weather, it's going to be raining.  And basically after the rain is gone, it's going to go back to frigid temps.

2013-01-29 9:10 AM
in reply to: #4599366

User image

Expert
MI

I had my first PT sesssion yesterday.  It was okay. Probably not good to judge based on one session, especially since it was more evaluation based.  It did not start off well for me though, because it started 20 minutes late.  Appointment was at 7:00, started at 7:20. I had to be out of there by 8:15, and I know because of the lateness part of the evaluation had to get cut short.  Not happy about that.  I have a feeling that one of the physical therapists didn't show up (I'm guessing because of weather) because there was only 1 physical therapist for 2 of us... not sure if that's normal. Plus the other physical therapist had my x-ray with her that I had given a few weeks ago. I asked if I could have it back and was told the PT had it, so I'm wondering if I was actually supposed to be seeing her. 

The physical therapist I saw yesterday didn't look at my elbows at all. He said we'll start off with the hips since that's been going on longer. He did ask me which was more important and I couldn't really answer because they are both important! But then I was like well if I can't swim whatever, I would be really upset if I can't run! So the focus was the hips.  I think it's a difficult situation since I am coming to see them a long ways after my initial problem, so it's hard to tell some things.  He asked if there were any MRIs or something of my hamstring and such when the hamstring popped, which no, none were taken.  He was talking about recreating the issue to an extent.  That is not happening, because it's just not a situation like that I feel....... He did shift my hips at the end. He checked it at the beginning of the session, and the end. And at the end he said my hips were symmetrical now, and I asked if they were before and he said no.  At least that made me feel kind of good, because in my mind, it's because of my pelvic malalignment that is causing all sorts of tension with muscles associated with the hips.

I realize this post is a bit rambling and a bit all over the place...

2013-01-29 9:13 AM

User image

Elite
far northern CA
KWDreamun - 2013-01-29 4:07 AM

Jen since you are aiming for a crippled me in the race. I think you need to go out and run at leat 30 miles per day until race day and the day before (Saturday evening) run 50 miles around 7:00 pm and after that bike maybe 100 miles...and guess what you'll still beat me...but that is OK, you know why, because I'll just be enjoying the scenery as it runs in front of me...lol

Really what I'm doing and I agree with the others who posted, I took today of from running and cycling and spent time working my IT band and working upper body in the gym.  That way I get my gym w/o in and it doesn't hurt my legs.  Tomorrow will be a light 3 - 4 mile run IF it is not FLOODING like they are predicting.  Thursday will be a light spin day on the bike and maybe a 2 mile run.  Friday swim and light run and maybe an arm workout.  Saturday will be a rest day and besides we'll be at the baseball field all day so it won't be resting...lol

Yay!!!!!  1000 yards is AWESOME!!!!  See?  Us non-swimmers can do it if we put our minds to it! Wink

2013-01-29 9:23 AM
in reply to: #4599404

User image

Master
Columbia, TN

Samantha, I would say that's promising.  The fact that the hips aren't symmetrical gives the PT something specific to work on.  There will be exercises designed to increase flexibility where needed and to strengthen where needed.  That's good.

A good PT sends progress reports back to the referring physician that can be very valuable to the physician too.  So as the process unfolds you may, at times, doubt if it's bringing you any value.  But if the hip is a long-term issue then just remind yourself about the history.  It hasn't gone away on it's own.  So if PT doesn't work, just see that as another step towards a solution.  Because every failed treatment helps the Dr. to know more.  And that may be all he needs to order up (justify to the insurance company) an MRI.

And good luck when they get around to the elbows too!

2013-01-29 9:23 AM

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Samantha, sorry about the PT starting late (I hate that).  But maybe your hips are realigned and good to go...keep us posted!
2013-01-29 9:27 AM

User image

Master
Columbia, TN

I just want Dina, and everyone else to know, that I also take my own medicine.

Besides being sickly (although feeling better), I did 4 workouts yesterday and took in half the calories I burned.  So guess what?  This morning I felt the dreaded dead legs.  Yes it sucks.  But I don't tell others to do what I won't do.  In fact, I more often tell others NOT to do what I do because I'm pushing the boundaries.

But today I felt so lethargic and heavy-legged that I couldn't 'tolerate' my usual pace and just went through the distance slower.  And the bike ride afterwards?  Well, does the term 'death warmed over' ring a bell?

But I'm happy.  There is no doubt that this will stimulate my body's ability to use fat as an energy source.

I just felt like you all should hear that. 

2013-01-29 12:19 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY

Karl congrats on going a 1000 yards non stop. That is no joke and yes you are making great progress. Swimming is not easy but every milestone like this one builds confidence. Keep it up.

2013-01-29 12:26 PM
in reply to: #4599441

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
JeffY - 2013-01-29 10:27 AM

I just want Dina, and everyone else to know, that I also take my own medicine.

Besides being sickly (although feeling better), I did 4 workouts yesterday and took in half the calories I burned.  So guess what?  This morning I felt the dreaded dead legs.  Yes it sucks.  But I don't tell others to do what I won't do.  In fact, I more often tell others NOT to do what I do because I'm pushing the boundaries.

But today I felt so lethargic and heavy-legged that I couldn't 'tolerate' my usual pace and just went through the distance slower.  And the bike ride afterwards?  Well, does the term 'death warmed over' ring a bell?

But I'm happy.  There is no doubt that this will stimulate my body's ability to use fat as an energy source.

I just felt like you all should hear that. 

Jeff that is exactly how I felt after attempting my bike workout last night. I was feeling better last night so I figured I would go for it against my better judgment and sure enough Jorge's 6x4's @20 MP just totally kicked my butt. I felt like curling up in the fetal position when I finished. I am actually quite surprised that I finished because I just didn't I think I had enough to finish and my legs were toast when I was done last night.

I will attempt to run this evening even though I am not feeling great today. The weather is great today and like Samantha said it will be warm here but with rain tomorrow. I want to take advantage of the weather and run this evening even if it's just an easy paced run tonight. I'll do whatever I can hopefully 5 to 6.5 miles.

2013-01-29 2:20 PM

User image

New York

This is awesome Karl!!
2013-01-29 3:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Karl, Way to go
2013-01-29 3:40 PM

User image

Elite
far northern CA

Who runs in Newton Shoes?  Dirk?

I'm starting to look for a new shoe.  I figure I should get one now and start getting used to them before I start running again in a few weeks.  The Newton Shoes are intriguing.  What do know about them?

2013-01-29 6:23 PM
in reply to: #4600201

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
RunningYogini - 2013-01-29 3:40 PM

I'm starting to look for a new shoe.  I figure I should get one now and start getting used to them before I start running again in a few weeks.  The Newton Shoes are intriguing.  What do know about them?

I have Newtons love them, I just ordered anew pair and they should be here thursday cant wait, I got them from tri sports on sale for 116.00
They recommend starting out slow, wearing them for a mile then adding distance but I never had a problem.
2013-01-29 6:35 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY

Well I was able to get a run in this evening. It was probably my longest run in a few weeks 6.5 miles, sad I know but I am no worse for wear. I just took it at a very easy pace tonight and the worse thing I had to deal with was my nose running when I got in the door. Good thing the tissue box was close by.

I'm not sure I like running at night as much as I do during the day. I sort of miss the lunch time runs especially when the sun is out. Unfortunately for now this is the best time for me to do it. With work and getting the dog settled into a routine this sort of works better for me. One good thing about tonight though it was pretty warm out compared to what it's been like as of late so I can't complain. Glad to just get this one in tonight.

2013-01-29 6:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Tony good for you! You should be proud of what you did today, just think of all the people who do nothing.
It came up today how people think I am crazy for doing triathalons....Really? I try to eat healthy and excersise everyday, and take good care of myself......and the ones speaking the loudest, smoke, eat crappy and don't excersise. Sorry for the vent ......but you went out and ran 6.5 miles go you!!
2013-01-29 7:13 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

That's great Karl!!  I know you have worked pretty hard to gain some confidence in your swim and yesterday is a tremendous milestone for you or anyone else that is at the beginning stages of swimming.  1000 yards is a long distance PERIOD!!  You have much to celebrate!

michgirlsk - 2013-01-29 10:10 AM

He did shift my hips at the end. He checked it at the beginning of the session, and the end. And at the end he said my hips were symmetrical now, and I asked if they were before and he said no.  At least that made me feel kind of good, because in my mind, it's because of my pelvic malalignment that is causing all sorts of tension with muscles associated with the hips.

As I read this post it made me consider what type of muscular structure you have.  More directly, do you have one side of your body that is much stronger than the other?  Being that your hips are not aligned correctly (or weren't) I am thinking about a muscular imbalance that is dramatic enough for other muscles to draw in a direction that is causing the misalignment to occur.

I believe that when you work to one side of your body more than another (for any number of reasons) that the specific side you normally work from becomes much stronger.  If this occurs a natural tendency for your body to "pull" to that particular side.  For example: If you work using the right side of your body regularly those muscles with strengthen and the left side will remain at a unchallenged strength.  Over time your body will begin to draw toward the stronger side.

My opinion is based on personal experience.  As a Lineman I would work from a bucket truck (cherry picker) the majority of the time.  The controls are normally on the right side of the bucket so I would use the right side (my NON dominant side) to operate the control when working in the air.  Over a period of years I believe that my body developed "over strengthened" muscles on my right side from the constant action of the joystick.  (All of the controls would require the use of the muscles of the obliques, shoulder, chest, traps and lats as well as a little bit of the rhomboids on my right side.)  As of today my body still retains some of the posture I used to control the bucket.  When my chiropractor makes adjustments he is ALWAYS trying to realign by "twisting" my back in a direction that is away from the right side.

So, if you can think of something that would have you favoring one side or the other that may have effected your muscular balance and now the misalignment of your hips.  Maybe talk to your PT about this, if I made my point clearly, and see about directing some strengthening exercises that way.

bhargavs - 2013-01-27 5:35 PM

Also, on another note, I just booked my tickets for an almost last minute trip to India. A couple of close friends from school were getting married and given work issues I hadn't planned on going. Last week I was talking to my manager and he said I should take the time off for the trip AND I found relatively inexpensive tickets, so I'll be out for about 10 days between the 7th and 18th of Feb. Pretty excited to attend a couple of fun weddings and catch up with all the folks from home. The only downside is that I don't think I can find a place to swim/bike, so it'll be only running for a few days. And Flexible Feb!

This sounds like a great time!  I cannot imagine leaving my country of origin for someplace so far away.  I did leave my hometown and we are now 3+ hours away, but that is hardly a hardship or even a traveling inconvenience when you consider what you must have to go through to get "home."

Enjoy a few runs on your home turf and make sure to report back to us about them when you return.

wbayek - 2013-01-28 9:20 AM

On my front, I did an indoor bike TT on a computrainer Sat.  I didn't know what to expect due to my sickness and a few weeks off training, but I decided to just go for it and see how I felt.  The ride was only a 6.6 mile course with a few small hills, so seemed like a 18-19 minute effort would be likely.

It's hard to imagine bonking on a < 20 minute ride, but that's sort of what happened.  I was really psyched to be riding right next to a guy I knew from a few races.  Our bike times are almost identical, so we were hoping to have a fun race.  There was a large screen right in front of us that showed speed/distance/power and a picture of where we were on the course.

We rode side by side, within a few seconds of each other for the first 9 minutes.  I felt good, though I knew my HR was about 5-10 beats higher than I would expect for the effort.  We were at about 275 watts, which I thought seemed reasonable for a 20 minute effort and felt only slightly harder than the 20 minute intervals I’ve been doing.  Then at about 10 minutes I completely fell apart.  I don’t know exactly how to describe it, since I know Jeff is always asking what it felt like precisely.  I simply couldn’t push the pedals any harder.  My power fell off a cliff, and I finished in 19 minutes and a change with an avg. power of 250. It was a fun effort and it’s great to do something in the winter.  I was amazed at how many ridiculously fit people were there – lots of real roadies and lots of crazy bikes.

I cannot believe I missed this post before.

It sounds like you had a great time regardless of the bonk.  There is one of these type of events here in town but I never go to that particular bike shop (because I HATE them) to know when they hold the event but I have to say I am getting curious.  I tried to go back and check that data from the only ride I ever had with a power meter hooked into a trainer and I couldn't find it readily.  What it seems like is that I didn't register as high as 275 but I'd have to check it out.

2013-01-29 7:32 PM
in reply to: #4600201

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
RunningYogini - 2013-01-29 4:40 PM

I do use the Newtons.  I have the Distance model and I really like the way they have felt for the past couple of runs but I do have a disclaimer.  I hadn't run in them for about 4 weeks until this past Sunday.  With the problems I've had with my plantar fascia, I decided I would run in my Brooks Adrenaline's for a number of week to see if they were contributing to my PF.  I don't think they were but I am proceeding with caution right now.  I am planning on alternating between the Brooks and the Newtons.

I would suggest you read up on the articles Jeff posted yesterday before you decide if you will purchase them.  Some of the current evidence is now suggesting that we don't really need to change our running form if we don't typically suffer from chronic injuries.  That said, each person can chose if they would like to give it a try in different shoes or forms of strike points when running.  One of the down sides to the Newtons is the price tag.  With the additional price of nearly $50 per pair, it's not something that many of us want to take a chance on trying and not being able to use them.

Now, about the shoes themselves;  I can tell a difference in the way my foot strikes the ground altogether.  From the moment I put them on I could tell a difference in the impact and the way my foot planted and released from the ground.  It seemed there was a very slight spring in my push off that was a result of the forefoot "cleat" built into the shoes.  I think that the shoes would help me over the long haul but right now I am apprehensive because of my current injury.

My strong recommendation to you would be come back to running in what you KNOW has worked for you in the past rather than test a different running shoe/form altogether.  I think you should wait until you know you're healthy before trying anything different otherwise you may not know whats causing you pain again.  Questions you may end up asking yourself if you purchase the new shoes might be:

• Is the pain because you haven't been running for a while? 
  • Or are you running too soon after the injury, not allowing enough healing/recovery? 
  • Maybe it's the new running form?
If you are using new, untried shoes I am not certain you's be able to provide an accurate answer for yourself.

2013-01-29 8:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Just an FYI: Attempting a 6 mile run on Sushi is not a good idea!  And I will leave it at that! Sealed
2013-01-29 8:18 PM
in reply to: #4600450

User image

Elite
far northern CA
DirkP - 2013-01-29 5:32 PM
RunningYogini - 2013-01-29 4:40 PM

I do use the Newtons.  I have the Distance model and I really like the way they have felt for the past couple of runs but I do have a disclaimer.  I hadn't run in them for about 4 weeks until this past Sunday.  With the problems I've had with my plantar fascia, I decided I would run in my Brooks Adrenaline's for a number of week to see if they were contributing to my PF.  I don't think they were but I am proceeding with caution right now.  I am planning on alternating between the Brooks and the Newtons.

I would suggest you read up on the articles Jeff posted yesterday before you decide if you will purchase them.  Some of the current evidence is now suggesting that we don't really need to change our running form if we don't typically suffer from chronic injuries.  That said, each person can chose if they would like to give it a try in different shoes or forms of strike points when running.  One of the down sides to the Newtons is the price tag.  With the additional price of nearly $50 per pair, it's not something that many of us want to take a chance on trying and not being able to use them.

Now, about the shoes themselves;  I can tell a difference in the way my foot strikes the ground altogether.  From the moment I put them on I could tell a difference in the impact and the way my foot planted and released from the ground.  It seemed there was a very slight spring in my push off that was a result of the forefoot "cleat" built into the shoes.  I think that the shoes would help me over the long haul but right now I am apprehensive because of my current injury.

My strong recommendation to you would be come back to running in what you KNOW has worked for you in the past rather than test a different running shoe/form altogether.  I think you should wait until you know you're healthy before trying anything different otherwise you may not know whats causing you pain again.  Questions you may end up asking yourself if you purchase the new shoes might be:

• Is the pain because you haven't been running for a while? 
  • Or are you running too soon after the injury, not allowing enough healing/recovery? 
  • Maybe it's the new running form?

If you are using new, untried shoes I am not certain you's be able to provide an accurate answer for yourself.

Thanks for this info, Dirk.  I'm going to ditch my current shoes.  I think they contributed to my demise.  My older Nikes fit so much better.  (I really hate it when companies change their models.  Just keep it the same!)  I've been shooting darts for the past year and half trying to find a good shoe.

Anyway, do you have any ideas on a shoe that has a pretty wide toe box and is not squishy?  I've tried New Balance.  They feel weird.  There is always a seam that rubs my foot wrong and drives me bonkers.  Asics are too squishy.  Mizuno used to be my favorite shoe until they decided that everyone's feet were narrow.  Apparently, Nike is getting narrow in their new versions, too.  I'm a pretty neutral runner.  I never get blisters or hot spots.  I rotate my shoes pretty religiously.  I always have about three pairs in rotation.

Can I solicit any more advice from you? Laughing

2013-01-29 8:19 PM
in reply to: #4600499

User image

Elite
far northern CA

mambos - 2013-01-29 6:07 PM Just an FYI: Attempting a 6 mile run on Sushi is not a good idea!  And I will leave it at that! Sealed

Hahahahaha!!!!!!  Sorry.

2013-01-29 8:47 PM

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!

Hey gang...sorry, long week and we were in Vermont for last weekend visiting my niece who just turned 3 today.  It was so good to spend time with them.

I also got a couple runs in while we were up there.  Very hilly...very cold (as in -15), but doable.  I put bagbalm on my face and it worked perfectly!  I have to update my training logs too...I'm way far behind!

So I started a juice fast today.  I'm going 4 days on nothing but fresh juice.  My hope is that this will kick start a healthy eating trend that I can stick to.  The only issue is that this weekend we are heading to CT to visit friends...my hiking buddy that I love to drink beer and eat wings with.  So I'm going to do my best to avoid that!

There is some bad news in my arena.  I have two inflamed elbows from doing the pullups that I just cannot get rid of.  And it kind of hurts when I type.  That's a bad thing considering I work on a computer all day.  Icing makes it ache and I can't massage it.  Ibuprofen and Aleve don't touch it either.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 119