BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2009-07-14 6:22 AM
in reply to: #2069346

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by wgraves7582 2009-07-14 6:22 AM

2009-07-14 6:36 AM

Veteran
Thibodaux
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL
Just a quick drive by to let everyone know how much I appreciate the inspires, prayers, and white light, hugs, etc. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm doing ok. Still having some really bad sinking spells, difficulty eating & sleeping. But I have been able to train nearly every day. That's my salvation. I'll catch up with ya'll later, I promise.
2009-07-14 8:36 AM

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Good Morning Manatees!

Another beautiful day here in PA, too bad I'm spending so much time on the couch. Headaches are a little milder as time goes on but I am REALLY sore. Doc gave me some pain pills but I've been sticking with Tylenol and Motrin. Moving slow, everything is taking more effort than normal but I'm doing o.k. I'm going to take it easy for the next couple of days and see how I feel. I can deal with sore muscles as long as my head is alright.

Bill- I had the same thought about the multiple posts. I keep trying to evaluate myself for residual effects of the concussion but then wonder if I can really determine the difference between concussion and stupid.

Sharie - Glad you made it through the storm. My wife works for a company that makes livestock trailers so I know what a "gooseneck" is. It must have been noisy under there with the hail. Good luck with the wheat.

Cathy - Continueing to pray on your behalf. Yours is a ironman, not a sprint. We are with you in spirit.

Beth, TR, Lauren - Thanks for your concern.

Have a great day everyone!

Art
2009-07-14 7:02 PM
in reply to: #2283626

Master
Victoria, BC
Subject: Happy Birthday Baby!
Well guys, today is my oldest childs birthday! My oldest fur-baby, that is. lol ... honestly, I don't know what I'd do without my dog, Albert. He's saved my life countless times - theoretically and in real life (long story, but on 2 separate occasions he's attacked a man who was attacking me, making said man stop) ... he single paw-d-edly got me through my nephew's death - if it weren't for those 3-hour long middle of the night walks, I'd probably have followed my nephew (who was 2 when he passed away suddenly from an undetected heart problem) ... he's been fearless and non-judgemental and unconditionally loving and gung-ho to go through all of our moves, all of our life upheavals ... he's offered the most amazing kisses when tears fall, and been the best companion on hikes, swims, journeys, through happy times. And he's quite good to the cat. They love each other. They're so cute, cuz he's got 70 pounds on her but they cuddle and play and he's so gentle with her. ;-)

But it's so bittersweet - every year he gets older, every year I know it's one year less I have with him.

This is from my blog ... cuz I'm crazy lazy uh I mean efficient just like Beth:

TODAY IS MY DOGGIE'S BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALBERT! ... well ... *today* may not be his birthday, but I know he was born sometime in 1993, and it was July 14 that he came home to live with me (in 2000 - he was a rescue) ... so *today* is his birthday!
And yes you are doing that math correctly .. he is 16 years old! And so healthy, so happy, so joyful, so loving, so playful, so gentle and caring and sensitive and so funny and amazing .. and smart. Although he's developing a bit of Doggie Alzheimers and he gets tired quickly, he's really doing quite well overall. He can still out-smart me half the time. ;-)
And he's the most important thing in my life, which has been quite dark at times, and he's been what's saved me countless days and nights ... figuratively and literally. He's my best friend, and the best thing that ever happened to me (our living together came unexpectedly and completely by accident).

So today he got a new toy to celebrate. He's been prancing around the house with it in his mouth for hours - he gets so PROUD when he gets a new toy - he needs to take it everywhere and show everyone ...

Such a precious boy. Don't know what I'd ever do without him.

Tonight my treat is a glass of wine to celebrate. ;-)

(play positition w bday toy!.jpg)

(You're the best mom ever! Thanks for the new toy!.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
play positition w bday toy!.jpg (19KB - 4 downloads)
You're the best mom ever! Thanks for the new toy!.jpg (26KB - 5 downloads)
2009-07-14 7:05 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Great Picture TR!!!

Happy Birthday Albert!!!!!

ps
glad i've been able to pass on a valuble skill - laziness efficiency is very important

2009-07-14 7:07 PM
in reply to: #2283626

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
reid15 - 2009-07-14 9:36 AM Good Morning Manatees! Another beautiful day here in PA, too bad I'm spending so much time on the couch. Headaches are a little milder as time goes on but I am REALLY sore. Doc gave me some pain pills but I've been sticking with Tylenol and Motrin. Moving slow, everything is taking more effort than normal but I'm doing o.k. I'm going to take it easy for the next couple of days and see how I feel. I can deal with sore muscles as long as my head is alright. Bill- I had the same thought about the multiple posts. I keep trying to evaluate myself for residual effects of the concussion but then wonder if I can really determine the difference between concussion and stupid. Sharie - Glad you made it through the storm. My wife works for a company that makes livestock trailers so I know what a "gooseneck" is. It must have been noisy under there with the hail. Good luck with the wheat. Cathy - Continueing to pray on your behalf. Yours is a ironman, not a sprint. We are with you in spirit. Beth, TR, Lauren - Thanks for your concern. Have a great day everyone! Art

Art, you make me laugh - i'm going with residual affects from the concussion

Glad you are feeling better bit by bit!

take care

2009-07-14 7:09 PM
in reply to: #2283355

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
mammatri's - 2009-07-14 7:36 AM Just a quick drive by to let everyone know how much I appreciate the inspires, prayers, and white light, hugs, etc. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm doing ok. Still having some really bad sinking spells, difficulty eating & sleeping. But I have been able to train nearly every day. That's my salvation. I'll catch up with ya'll later, I promise.

Cathy, thanks for checking in!

I'm glad to hear you've been able to train, at least it is a way to help relieve some stress

we're thinking of you - hang in there!

2009-07-14 7:09 PM
in reply to: #2283340

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
wgraves7582 - 2009-07-14 7:22 AM

Sharie - Wow life has you running wild.  Congrats on the wheat sale.  Hope it all goes smooth for you!

I remember walking home from school in Colorado and watching the news and there was a tornado that blew through about 4 miles north of me.  I never knew the difference.  Amazing how those storms work.

ETA - Toppage for this Manatee (finally )

nice Toppage Bill!

2009-07-15 11:31 AM

Veteran
Wyoming
Yippee, yahoo!!!   I got to swim today!!!   Well....probably not under the greatest of conditions...like I got to the pool at 7:50am with only 10 minutes left of the lap swim session!   But, I got in 500m before the lifeguard asked me to get out!   Of course, I wouldn't have gotten there at all if we hadn't needed an electric motor and other misc. parts for the wheat shipping today. LOL     I did decide that I need to have a heart to heart with dh about continuing to support my tri training.   There has been a marked decline in enthusiasm on his part since my tri....I think he would like this adventure to be over!

Well...off to bale hay and then to cut hay on the next field.   Then back for all the paperwork for the wheat.   Hey...anyone here a computer wizard?   I installed my old harddrive into my new computer.  I can see all the files, but it will not allow me to open them.   Says I don't have permission.   I have tried going through the "change ownership" stuff but that still isn't working.  Old hdd was running XP, new hdd is running Windows 7.   I have been thinking I many need to boot into the old drive to get to stuff and remove all passwords....but I have never done that and am not exactly sure how.  

Later....
Sharie

btw, I have taken the time to read everything, just no time to post back.   You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
2009-07-15 3:41 PM

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Hi Manatees!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

I got an email from the HIM race director and I can't get a deferment. He said since the deadline has past everything has been ordered and paid for on their end so they can't make any changes. I understand but I'm a little disappointed I won't have that option. The plan always was just to finish so I'll give it a couple of weeks and then decide what to do.

TR-I loved hearing about Albert.

Art
2009-07-15 7:19 PM
in reply to: #2287764

Master
Vista, CA

reid15 - 2009-07-15 1:41 PM Hi Manatees! I hope everyone is having a good day. I got an email from the HIM race director and I can't get a deferment. He said since the deadline has past everything has been ordered and paid for on their end so they can't make any changes. I understand but I'm a little disappointed I won't have that option. The plan always was just to finish so I'll give it a couple of weeks and then decide what to do. TR-I loved hearing about Albert. Art

Hi all -- Haven't had much to say, I guess. Except wanted to reach out and support you all through what-ever it is you're going through. Art, you continue to get healed, okay? As far as your race and not being able to defer. If you find you're not going to do the race, perhaps you could "sell" your race entry to someone else. I know they allow that here. Sometimes there's a transfer fee. Just an idea. But, I definitely wouldn't do the race if you're not feeling 100% ready. Plus, you'll have to start training more. I know my DH was a bit hesitant to get back on the bike and ride like he did for a while after his crash.

And, TR Albert share's his birthday with a furry creature in my house, my DH! I think your furry critter has more, thankfully! :-) We had Italian last night for his b-day. How was Albert's din-din? He's a cutie.

Sharie-- So glad that twister didn't get you. When we do these tris the family support is very important. I've read that here on BT and of course in my life. At one point last year my DH said, Is there a weekend you're not doing a race? I got a little over zealous in my first year and raced practically every other weekend for 2 1/2 months. I've settled down a bit now and am picking and choosing my races now. I was just so excited that I could do a triathlon I wanted to do them all! I think a heart to heart with your DH is a good idea to let him know how important this lifestyle is to you. I've made compromises, but haven't compromised myself, which I think there's a difference. We have a pretty good understanding now and at the first of the year I sat down with a calendar and marked off the weekends I had planned events so everyone would be on the same page. Now, that said, he and my son have taken off on a river rafting trip for two days and he knew I'm in the midst of my HIM training and wouldn't want to go, plus I'd have to find a sub for my meetings. This is the only time he'll be able to take off, I guess.

Rambled on enough...take care everyone -- Cathy, you're in my thoughts. Glad training can bring some respite from the stress. Yanti, Bethie -- thanks for your manatee mentorship. :-)

Lynn

2009-07-16 6:57 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-07-16 11:34 AM
in reply to: #2288742

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
wgraves7582 - 2009-07-16 7:57 AM

Morning everyone!

Lynn - we know you have been out riding your new bike - don't lie to us!  How is it riding for you?  I hope you like it as much as you should - that is one sweet bike.

Art - That stinks.  It is a lot of other stuff but if the RD says that is how it is, well then that is how it is.  Sorry.  Hopefully the recovery comes around and you are comfortable going out for a long training day/race.  Did the driver's insurance company pony up for a new bike yet?

Everyone else - have a great weekend.  My 4 dayer this weekend so I shall be scarce around BT world!

Bill - I'm going to try a short run this weekend and see how it goes. I just got off the phone with the insurance company and they're starting the process. They said "it won't take too long". We'll see.

Enjoy your weekend!

Art
2009-07-16 1:26 PM

Veteran
Thibodaux
Exciting times, Manatees! Bike wrecks, dog's birthdays, tornadoes, wow! I'm just trying to keep it all straight.

I think I'm ready to talk about what's been going on now. I found out last Tuesday that my husband has been having an emotional affair (so he says) with his trainer for several months. We have had a spectacular marraige for the last 8 years, although I have felt him slowly slipping away for the last few years. He says he loves me and is committed to do whatever it takes to save our marraige. And he's backed it up with action. We saw a marraige counselor yesterday. He has give me free access to his cell phone and knows I'm checking the cell acct online several times a day. He takes full accountability and has been extremely patient with my meltdowns, which have been frequent and at all times of the day and night, out of the blue. He assures me it is not my fault in any way. He immediately stopped all contact with his former trainer and we have joined another gym. We have a new trainer who is a male.

I feel as though I'm out of the emotional tailspin, although I have major trust issues. He's answered all my questions very calmly. I find myself wanting to believe what he says, but I'm afraid and I also want him to understand the full impact of his actions. Emotional affair or not, I'm totally traumatized. My first husband cheated on me (emotionally and physically) so there's a big scar that's been ripped open. But I'm doing better now. We're moving through this together and doing our best to support each other. 

But believe me, I'm watching his back. I searched his car & briefcase for another phone while he was out running. Didn't find it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have one, but that's where it would most likely be. So far everything he tells me everyday checks out. But there are still no guarantees. That's what makes me crazy. But he's hurting too. He is very remorseful and ashamed and he cries with me. He can't say why he did it, but our therapist says that's normal. 

Thanks for all your prayers, Reiki,  angels, white light, etc. Please keep them coming. I'll take whatever I can get. I heart the Manatees.
2009-07-16 1:34 PM
in reply to: #2289743

Master
Victoria, BC
Cathy - I am SO so so so so so very sorry. ;-(

Firstly - huge hugs for you over cyberspace ... I wish I could be there to deliver a hug in person!

It sounds like you two are moving forward in the right direction - especially with counselling. And it sounds as if he is being reasonable and honest with answering your questions and putting everything out in the open - which is of utmost importance while you rebuild trust in your relationship.

Again - I'm so sorry. I know how cheating hurts, how it destroys trust and willingness ... but you are an amazing woman, strong and deserving of the best, so you will get thru this and it will only make you more wonderful in the end!

PS: and would you like me to kick his azz while I'm down there in February? Cuz I'll totally do that for you.
2009-07-16 1:48 PM

Veteran
Thibodaux
Thanks so much, TR, and no. No azz kicking needed. I think he's kicked his own azz enough.

2009-07-16 6:56 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Cathy

Hugs, prayers, and pixie dust for you

Thank you so much for sharing with us, you know this is a safe place and you will get lots of love and support

It's funny, one of my very good BT friends and I (Reno8 - Steve), a former Manatee and I have recently been talking about how the internet and communities such as BT has opened up a whole new world of friends, support and community - it really is true

Take advantage of the support the group provides

Take care Cathy, we're thinking of you!

2009-07-16 6:56 PM
in reply to: #2288742

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
wgraves7582 - 2009-07-16 7:57 AM

Morning everyone!

Lynn - we know you have been out riding your new bike - don't lie to us!  How is it riding for you?  I hope you like it as much as you should - that is one sweet bike.

Art - That stinks.  It is a lot of other stuff but if the RD says that is how it is, well then that is how it is.  Sorry.  Hopefully the recovery comes around and you are comfortable going out for a long training day/race.  Did the driver's insurance company pony up for a new bike yet?

Everyone else - have a great weekend.  My 4 dayer this weekend so I shall be scarce around BT world!

Have a great weekend Bill!

I want 4 day weekends

2009-07-16 6:57 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Lynn - how's that new bike treating you?

2009-07-16 6:59 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Art

Take it easy and heal!

How are you feeling?

2009-07-16 7:19 PM
in reply to: #2290442

Master
Vista, CA

lastcall2003 - 2009-07-16 4:57 PM Lynn - how's that new bike treating you?

Believe it or not, I really haven't been riding my new bike much. I took it out for a spin in the neighborhood on Monday but I've been riding my road bike. That's the bike I'll do my race in August 1st. I might take it out tomorrow for an hour ride. It handles so differently and I don't quite feel in control yet, so I'm easing into it. Thanks for asking though.

How's our Art doing today?

And, Cathy -- that's such a diffcult situation. It is amazing the support you can find here on BT. I'm glad you are both willing to work on it. Relationships sure do take work and effort on both partner's parts. My thoughts are with you and your situation.

Take care all and happy 4 day weekend to you Bill!

2009-07-17 10:53 AM
in reply to: #2290470

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Good Morning Manatees!

I went to work for a while this morning. I'm good for a couple of hours at a time and then things get a little rough. Everything I do, including thinking, takes effort. I'm getting tired of the whole thing overall. I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day. Insurance people are coming on Monday to look at the bike. Hopefully that gets wrapped up quickly.

I think I'm going to my brother-in-law's beach house this weekend. Maybe I can take a short swim?

Have a great weekend everybody! Get some training in for me.

Art

2009-07-17 11:39 AM

Veteran
Thibodaux
Hi Manatees!

Thanks again for all the kind words & support. It's really nice knowing I'm not alone, since this isn't something I can talk about with my friends of family. I don't want any of them to judge T. He made a mistake and he is sorry. I'm feeling a little stronger every day, but I'm still very sensitive and feeling very vulnerable. And there is that fear of the unknown every time he backs out of the driveway to go to work. But what he does is out of my control and I am choosing to believe him right now. He's backing up his talk with positive actions. I can't let my whole life revolve around following him around and snooping on him. Although there is a certain amount of that going on.

Our son is doing better. He got a lawyer who has a lot of clients with drug and alcohol issues, and he, himself, is a recovering alcoholic. They have been going to AA meetings together. I think B finally understands what's going on. We haven't heard the blame or excuses we were getting before. He's showing up to work and doing what he's supposed to do. 

Anyway. Art, I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope everything gets cleared up with your bike.

Has anyone heard anything from Yanti today? I heard on the news there were bombings in Jakarta today. I am praying for her and her family.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be on the beach, as usual. Will get some running in both tomorrow and Sunday if my back cooperates.
2009-07-17 11:44 AM
in reply to: #2291917

Master
Victoria, BC
Cathy - SO glad to hear things are improving on all fronts. Slow but steady wins the race!

Art - glad you are feeling a bit better ... again - slow and steady wins the race! lol.

And as for Yanti - she posted on CoJ that she's fine ... she's actually in Bali with her mom right now.
2009-07-17 1:46 PM

Veteran
Wyoming
Cathy - wrote a post to you this morning and it got eaten by the cyber-monster!  No time right now to say more than...my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Glad you have this safe place to share. 

Art - don't take a swim unless you have someone along!   Sorry to hear it is such a struggle, but on a positive note...you are still alive and all parts are intact!

Gotta get back to the baler!   I have been thinking the last few days that most folks have no idea how much time and energy goes into making that burger or steak they are eating! LOL
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  

of 59