Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2010-02-01 3:17 PM
in reply to: #2647882

User image

Master
Sacramento, California
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!!
mndymond - 2010-02-01 1:22 PM

I've got to go hunt down some scrubs....anat in 40min...went and bought my scapel and stuff this morning...ready? I don't know...

Oh BOY scrubs and knives...two of my favorite things

I am surgeon can you blame me...TOPPage

Edited by kromanowski 2010-02-01 3:18 PM

2010-02-01 3:28 PM
in reply to: #2648197

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-02-01 3:28 PM
in reply to: #2648199

2010-02-01 4:18 PM
in reply to: #2646688

2010-02-01 4:32 PM

Pro
NJ
I'm getting ready to call it a day and go home.  My hamstrings are wickid sore from yesterday's hike so I think I'm going to spend some time on the foam roller.
2010-02-01 4:56 PM

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Guess what Ghoulies....I had a ghoulish wreck on my bike yesterday.....

I was on a flat trail...was just finishing up a 50 mile ride with my husband and we were just about to pass a few hikers on the trail when a guy came racing at us on a bike and so my husband who I thought was going to split the trail...instead stopped and I RAN RIGHT INTO HIS SIDE! bam...I immediately went down! slid for what seemed forever....my husband said he also went down..but he must have immediately jumped up because he and about 6 others were standing over me asking meif I was ok!! besides being TOTALLY EMBARRASSED! after shaking the tremblies out of me....I realized I was bruised and a bit battered but was going to live! YAY! I got up put my chain that had dislodged back on and readjusted my handlebars taht seemed a bit tweaked and my front brakes as they were grabbing a bit....and off we went.....we rode about 10 more miles and just as we were no more then 5 miles away from home....we went to climb a pedestrian bridge over 101 and I shifted down.....and when I did...I hear this CRACK////CRUNCH///CRAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKK and look down and see my derailleur hanging off to the side...and think....oh this is not good...I get off to look and see oh that is not the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG....my seat stay was cracked - like a dry twig!!!!

I am a bit bruised today...so, will probably need to bow out of the first few days of this challenge....hope this is ok! I dont think this will hinder the 10 pounds I have vowed to lose!!

Hope everyone is having a good week! better then mine! haha

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE WEIGHT GHOULIES!!!!

weight loss hint for the day:
remember breakfast is key in any good weight loss program...get up and eat a healthy whole grain cereal with fruit and nonfat milk within 30 minutes of waking up...to jump start your day!!!!!

2010-02-01 5:09 PM
in reply to: #2648471

Elite
washington state
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-01 2:56 PM

I was on a flat trail...was just finishing up a 50 mile ride with my husband and we were just about to pass a few hikers on the trail when a guy came racing at us on a bike and so my husband who I thought was going to split the trail...instead stopped and I RAN RIGHT INTO HIS SIDE! bam...I immediately went down! slid for what seemed forever....my husband said he also went down..but he must have immediately jumped up because he and about 6 others were standing over me asking meif I was ok!! besides being TOTALLY EMBARRASSED! after shaking the tremblies out of me....I realized I was bruised and a bit battered but was going to live! YAY! I got up put my chain that had dislodged back on and readjusted my handlebars taht seemed a bit tweaked and my front brakes as they were grabbing a bit....and off we went.....we rode about 10 more miles and just as we were no more then 5 miles away from home....we went to climb a pedestrian bridge over 101 and I shifted down.....and when I did...I hear this CRACK////CRUNCH///CRAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKK and look down and see my derailleur hanging off to the side...and think....oh this is not good...I get off to look and see oh that is not the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG....my seat stay was cracked - like a dry twig!!!!

I am a bit bruised today...so, will probably need to bow out of the first few days of this challenge....hope this is ok! I dont think this will hinder the 10 pounds I have vowed to lose!!

remember breakfast is key in any good weight loss program...get up and eat a healthy whole grain cereal with fruit and nonfat milk within 30 minutes of waking up...to jump start your day!!!!!

Wow!  Sure am glad that you are okay.  That really must have been some crash!  Sorry about the bike but I am glad it took the brunt of it instead of you!
2010-02-01 5:18 PM
in reply to: #2648499

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

deehtz - 2010-02-01 3:09 PM

Wow!  Sure am glad that you are okay.  That really must have been some crash!  Sorry about the bike but I am glad it took the brunt of it instead of you!

thanks Dee! If I sit for a long period of time...I get really stiff! but really didnt to scratched up! mostly bruised!

2010-02-01 5:52 PM
in reply to: #2648513

Pro
NJ
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-01 6:18 PM

thanks Dee! If I sit for a long period of time...I get really stiff! but really didnt to scratched up! mostly bruised!

Jules, sorry to hear this!!! Glad that it wasn't worse and that the cracked seat stay didn't cause another crash.  I think a loooong soak in a hot tub filled with epsom salts could be a good plan.  Maybe some nice music and a glass of vino for mental healing.

And you know this already but....check your helmet.  If there was any contact at all, get a new one.

Healing wishes zoomed out your way.

Edited by kcarroll 2010-02-01 5:54 PM
2010-02-01 5:55 PM

2010-02-01 6:31 PM

Champion

WOOOOOO!!! Finished ANATOMY!!! YA!!! It was actually super good! I have skillz....everyone was telling me that I should be a surgeon...Undecided Not even that bad...although my hands still smell like the formalin...oh well.

Swimming soon...maybe the chlorine will mask the formalin smell...

2010-02-01 7:20 PM
in reply to: #2648575

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
kcarroll - 2010-02-01 6:52 PM

Jules, sorry to hear this!!! Glad that it wasn't worse and that the cracked seat stay didn't cause another crash.  I think a loooong soak in a hot tub filled with epsom salts could be a good plan.  Maybe some nice music and a glass of vino for mental healing.

And you know this already but....check your helmet.  If there was any contact at all, get a new one.

X2

I hope you aren't sore for long Jules. I'm reading this going OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!
2010-02-01 7:22 PM

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Day 1 of the training schedule did not go as planned.

My ears are killing me so I did not swim. Every time I am at the doc's I either have an ear infection or swimmer's ear. She gives me drops now with refills. I can't find them though so I had to get a refill, I can't get it until tomorrow though. I'm hoping to be back in the pool by the weekend.

2010-02-01 8:07 PM

Champion
Ames, IA
Only 6 pages today?  Sheesh, slackers
2010-02-01 8:09 PM

Champion
Ames, IA
Looks like no one was real happy with the scale today.  That's a good thing.  It means we're all in the same boat and the ghoulie support will be just that much better.

I made a conscious effort to reduce my portion sizes at dinner tonight.  Now to just eliminate my mindless late night snacking....
2010-02-01 8:11 PM
in reply to: #2648716

Champion
Ames, IA
ironannekidd - 2010-02-01 7:20 PM
kcarroll - 2010-02-01 6:52 PM

X2

I hope you aren't sore for long Jules. I'm reading this going OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!

X3!! My goodness, I was cringing just reading that whole scenario.  I'm sending all the healing vibes I can muster your way!

2010-02-01 8:12 PM
in reply to: #2648622

Champion
Ames, IA
mndymond - 2010-02-01 6:31 PM

WOOOOOO!!! Finished ANATOMY!!! YA!!! It was actually super good! I have skillz....everyone was telling me that I should be a surgeon...Undecided Not even that bad...although my hands still smell like the formalin...oh well.

Swimming soon...maybe the chlorine will mask the formalin smell...

Great, Melindy is a natural with a knife.  Watch out!
2010-02-01 8:15 PM
in reply to: #2648719

Champion
Ames, IA
ironannekidd - 2010-02-01 7:22 PM Day 1 of the training schedule did not go as planned.

My ears are killing me so I did not swim. Every time I am at the doc's I either have an ear infection or swimmer's ear. She gives me drops now with refills. I can't find them though so I had to get a refill, I can't get it until tomorrow though. I'm hoping to be back in the pool by the weekend.

Sorry to hear that Ann.  My training got derailed too.  A long work day led to a missed swim.  On the flipside I had a great run in our latest snowstorm.

Now let the schedule juggling commence
2010-02-01 8:16 PM

Champion
Ames, IA
Good stuff on the thread today.  The laughs were much needed after a long day so thanks.  We may need to rename our group to the Gutter Ghoulies though.
2010-02-01 8:18 PM

Champion
Ames, IA
I'm giving some thought to doing RAGBRAI this year.  I've lived in Iowa my whole life and have never done it.  I'm trying to debate if I can miss a week of ironman training or not.  Hmmmm.....decisions, decisions.
2010-02-01 8:19 PM

Champion
Ames, IA
Toppage?

2010-02-01 8:19 PM

Champion
Ames, IA
Woohoo!  Gotta get em while I can
2010-02-01 8:43 PM

Master
Utah
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-01 3:56 PM

Ooooh, that sounds nasty! Glad you are ok. Please take it easy so you can heal and be here in the vilage as much as possible.
2010-02-01 8:46 PM

Master
Utah
I haven't been to the gym to weigh myself yet today (we don't keep a scale in the house due to hubby's history of an eating disorder). I have been really bad with the eating habits/portion sizes for the past few days, so I don't dare rely on what I weighed last week.
Speaking of hubby, if he ever gets home form work I can go to said gym and get today's weight...
2010-02-01 9:37 PM

Champion
now ive done it....

i registered for the HOME SWIM MEET AT OUR YMCA.

200 freestyle.

100 backstroke.

oh snap!!!!

i have to February 21st to....

TOTALLY

FREAK

OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!! Rss Feed  

of 80