of 18

2011-04-07 9:51 AM
in reply to: #3433255

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
Subject: RE: April Pick Up-to-4 Challenge
Emmanem - 2011-04-06 7:18 PM

Just got back in from a run and wait for it........  

5k PR by almost a full minute!!!!   

Way to go!!

2011-04-07 9:53 AM
in reply to: #3424508

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
Completed a slow 13km run today! Gradually working my way up to the half marathon (6 weeks!!). Oh, and 4 weeks until Costa Rica!!
2011-04-07 10:00 AM
in reply to: #3433924

User image

Veteran
Calgary

I'm having some serious motivation issues this week. I've skipped TWO bike workouts and quit halfway through a swim, and it's only Thursday! I don't know what's wrong with me ...
But of course in addition to my low energy levels and my unwillingness to go train, I'm also now angry with myself and feeling pressure and anxiety about my upcoming races.

This may be ridiculous - but I blame my boyfriend. He's STILL away. If you recall he left for Arizona mid-March for 8 days golfing with his buddies, then was home for a whopping 4 hours before he left again to take his kid to a hockey tourney out of town for a long weekend ... then was home for 3 days (I saw him twice) before taking his kids to Disney & area for 10 days. He's been gone almost a month. I'm missing him, I'm cranky, I'm inventing fights we'll have when he's back (I'm clearly mad at him for taking off for so long), and I've slipped back into my old/bad habits from when I was single ... coming home from work and having a glass of wine and getting lazy, instead of grabbing my gear and heading to the gym, etc.
He'll be back Saturday - of course I go back on shift Friday so likely won't see him till next week, but at least there'll be an end to this nonsense soon.

Whether my lost mojo is a result of K's absence or not - it's something that's really been bothering me lately.

Thanks for letting me vent, Crushers! Hopefully just putting it out there will help get me back into my groove. Yell

2011-04-07 10:01 AM
in reply to: #3433255

User image

Master
Albany, NY
Emmanem - 2011-04-06 7:18 PM

Just got back in from a run and wait for it........  

5k PR by almost a full minute!!!!   

Awesome!

2011-04-07 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3434114

User image

Veteran
Calgary

mbasta - 2011-04-07 8:53 AM Completed a slow 13km run today! Gradually working my way up to the half marathon (6 weeks!!). Oh, and 4 weeks until Costa Rica!!

Oh I LOVE Costa Rica! Where in the country are you going?

2011-04-07 10:32 AM
in reply to: #3434126

User image

Elite
far northern CA
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-07 8:00 AM

I'm having some serious motivation issues this week. I've skipped TWO bike workouts and quit halfway through a swim, and it's only Thursday! I don't know what's wrong with me ...
But of course in addition to my low energy levels and my unwillingness to go train, I'm also now angry with myself and feeling pressure and anxiety about my upcoming races.

This may be ridiculous - but I blame my boyfriend. He's STILL away. If you recall he left for Arizona mid-March for 8 days golfing with his buddies, then was home for a whopping 4 hours before he left again to take his kid to a hockey tourney out of town for a long weekend ... then was home for 3 days (I saw him twice) before taking his kids to Disney & area for 10 days. He's been gone almost a month. I'm missing him, I'm cranky, I'm inventing fights we'll have when he's back (I'm clearly mad at him for taking off for so long), and I've slipped back into my old/bad habits from when I was single ... coming home from work and having a glass of wine and getting lazy, instead of grabbing my gear and heading to the gym, etc.
He'll be back Saturday - of course I go back on shift Friday so likely won't see him till next week, but at least there'll be an end to this nonsense soon.

Whether my lost mojo is a result of K's absence or not - it's something that's really been bothering me lately.

Thanks for letting me vent, Crushers! Hopefully just putting it out there will help get me back into my groove. Yell

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this.  I'm sure he is thankful to spend so much time with his kids.  I love my glass of wine in the evenings as well.  You should take your gym bag to work with you and go straight to the gym without going home first.  What about your yoga?  How much are you teaching?  Have you been leaving time to cultivate your own practice?  I think a little quiet time without your boyfriend distracting you could be the best time to explore challenging poses.  Peace to you, TR. Laughing

2011-04-07 11:04 AM
in reply to: #3434114

User image

Master

mbasta - 2011-04-07 10:53 AM Completed a slow 13km run today! Gradually working my way up to the half marathon (6 weeks!!). Oh, and 4 weeks until Costa Rica!!

Costa Rica's on my list of places to visit!  It looks beautiful!  Take lots of pictures when you go to show all of us.

2011-04-07 11:06 AM

User image

Master
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-07 11:00 AM

Sorry to hear this!  Try bringing your gym bag to work and heading to the gym straight after.  That's what I do on long school/work days.  It gives me more of a reason to go and I have less excuses not to go.  Hope you get your mojo back soon!

2011-04-07 11:10 AM

User image

Master

Here's my day so far:  Got up to study, got to campus at 10:45 for my test at 11.  Well my teacher prints half of the tests wrong so half the class (there's 500+ people in the class) have to wait for 30 minutes for their test.  I was one of those lucky people who had to wait.  Finished my test and now waiting on James to finish his test.

Rest of the day: Work until 2:30. Class at 3:30-4:45. Work until 6:30.  Online test after work.  Home for a quick yoga DVD and dinner then another online test and online quiz.  Then a very well deserved nights sleep!

2011-04-07 1:18 PM
in reply to: #3434141

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-07 11:09 AM

mbasta - 2011-04-07 8:53 AM Completed a slow 13km run today! Gradually working my way up to the half marathon (6 weeks!!). Oh, and 4 weeks until Costa Rica!!

Oh I LOVE Costa Rica! Where in the country are you going?

I'll be at the Flamingo Resort in Liberia! Almost at the 30 day count down.

2011-04-07 1:19 PM

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-07 11:00 AM

Feel free to vent! Everything will be back to normal soon.

2011-04-07 1:20 PM
in reply to: #3434288

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
Emmanem - 2011-04-07 12:10 PM

Here's my day so far:  Got up to study, got to campus at 10:45 for my test at 11.  Well my teacher prints half of the tests wrong so half the class (there's 500+ people in the class) have to wait for 30 minutes for their test.  I was one of those lucky people who had to wait.  Finished my test and now waiting on James to finish his test.

Rest of the day: Work until 2:30. Class at 3:30-4:45. Work until 6:30.  Online test after work.  Home for a quick yoga DVD and dinner then another online test and online quiz.  Then a very well deserved nights sleep!

Wow lots of tests! Good luck on all of them.

2011-04-07 3:37 PM
in reply to: #3434574

User image

Veteran
Calgary

Thanks everyone - I feel better after a run, getting some errands done, and finding out I get a tax return almost big enough to pay for my fence & deck (which are going in in 2-3 weeks, and I was really stressing about how I was going to pay for it all) ...

For the record - I do take my gym stuff to work - but at the corner I am faced with an option: Turn right and drive 1 block to get to the gym, or turn left and drive 6 blocks to get home. Home has seemed so much more attractive lately!

When I was in Costa Rica a few years ago - I spent a week in Tortuguero (I volunteered for CCC so "worked" on campus there), then another week in Papagayo being a lazy tourist ... then not quite a week in San Jose. LOVED every minute of it! It's a beautiful country full of beautiful people.

2011-04-07 5:23 PM
in reply to: #3434188

User image

Master
Gold Coast
owl_girl - 2011-04-08 1:32 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this.  I'm sure he is thankful to spend so much time with his kids.  I love my glass of wine in the evenings as well.  You should take your gym bag to work with you and go straight to the gym without going home first.  What about your yoga?  How much are you teaching?  Have you been leaving time to cultivate your own practice?  I think a little quiet time without your boyfriend distracting you could be the best time to explore challenging poses.  Peace to you, TR. Laughing

Oh, I second this part about maybe taking your gym bag with you....? Don't beat yourself up about a few missed workouts though, we all have weeks like that and a little rest is good for recovery. Just get yourself going again and don't stress! He will be back soon and bearing gifts

2011-04-07 5:26 PM
in reply to: #3434884

User image

Master
Gold Coast
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-08 6:37 AM

Thanks everyone - I feel better after a run, getting some errands done, and finding out I get a tax return almost big enough to pay for my fence & deck (which are going in in 2-3 weeks, and I was really stressing about how I was going to pay for it all) ...

For the record - I do take my gym stuff to work - but at the corner I am faced with an option: Turn right and drive 1 block to get to the gym, or turn left and drive 6 blocks to get home. Home has seemed so much more attractive lately!

When I was in Costa Rica a few years ago - I spent a week in Tortuguero (I volunteered for CCC so "worked" on campus there), then another week in Papagayo being a lazy tourist ... then not quite a week in San Jose. LOVED every minute of it! It's a beautiful country full of beautiful people.

Ooops, sorry, you already said you do take your gym kit to work...

Well you got a run in now so thats awesome.

2011-04-07 6:01 PM
in reply to: #3435042

User image

Veteran
Calgary
rh8463 - 2011-04-07 4:23 PM
owl_girl - 2011-04-08 1:32 AM

Oh, I second this part about maybe taking your gym bag with you....? Don't beat yourself up about a few missed workouts though, we all have weeks like that and a little rest is good for recovery. Just get yourself going again and don't stress! He will be back soon and bearing gifts

He'd better be bearing gifts - or all those fights we've had in my head will happen in real life!! Wink
(I'm only kinda sorta kidding...)

2011-04-07 6:59 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Guess what?????   I got exciting news!!!!!

I get to start back on jog walk intervals SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOO Happy! (yes, this should be 4 or more posts!)

2011-04-07 7:45 PM
in reply to: #3435189

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
QueenZipp - 2011-04-07 7:59 PM

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Here's to healthy calves!!

2011-04-07 8:33 PM
in reply to: #3434884

User image

Melon Presser
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-08 5:37 AM

I've never even been to Costa Rica! All my surfer piglet friends have, though. I'd love to sightsee and surf there as well.

As for motivation -- oh look! Yanti's doing some blatant self-promotion (what a shock) ...

9 tips to get going in winter or whenever

2011-04-08 12:23 AM

User image

Master

Awesome news!!!  Congrats!!

2011-04-08 12:24 AM

User image

Master
3 tests done, 1 online lecture and an online quiz to go... yes I realize it's 1 am but I'd rather do it now than get up in the morning and do it.

2011-04-08 6:21 AM

User image

Master
Albany, NY

Woo hoo!!!!!

2011-04-08 7:02 AM
in reply to: #3435366

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada
TriAya - 2011-04-07 9:33 PM
bodhi_girl - 2011-04-08 5:37 AM

I've never even been to Costa Rica! All my surfer piglet friends have, though. I'd love to sightsee and surf there as well.

As for motivation -- oh look! Yanti's doing some blatant self-promotion (what a shock) ...

9 tips to get going in winter or whenever

I plan on surfing falling off surfboards while I'm there!

I think there must be something wrong with my wiring, I have been unsuccessful at most things that require balance. Current list: skateboarding, roller blading/skating, ice skating, standing/walking on ice, balance poses in yoga, walking/hiking downhill...

2011-04-08 7:03 AM
in reply to: #3435547

User image

Elite
Ontario, Canada

Emmanem - 2011-04-08 1:24 AM 3 tests done, 1 online lecture and an online quiz to go... yes I realize it's 1 am but I'd rather do it now than get up in the morning and do it.

I think it's important to keep up the momentum if you're in the zone. Hopefully good results on all of them!

2011-04-08 9:32 AM

User image

Elite
Slackerville, USA
QueenZipp - 2011-04-07 5:59 PM

I'm going to poke my head in for the first time this month to say Congrats! I hope this bout of running lasts longer than the last. May you remain injury free for a long time. I know you'll miss the piglets, but you could always just go by to say "Hi!" You don't have to be injured.

New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » April Pick Up-to-4 Challenge Rss Feed  

of 18