BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2009-08-07 10:53 AM
in reply to: #2333064

User image

Master
Vista, CA
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL

ranchrunner - 2009-08-06 4:42 PM Thought you guys might want to check out our San Diego trip photos.  I am too lazy to load them here at BT so HERE is a link to the ones I put on Facebook.

Yanti - so good to see you around!   Prayers and hugs for you!

Nice photos, Sherrie. Looks like you had the typical San Diego vacation! Maybe we can meet next time. oh, btw,...have those tri shorts/shirt worked out for you? I was just curious.

Have a great weekend everyone. TR, are you recovered from the big day/night yet?

2009-08-07 11:12 AM
in reply to: #2069346

User image

Melon Presser
Oh no! Did I miss Trina-Rae's birthday? Why can I never get the time differences right?!?!

In any case,

2009-08-07 12:17 PM
in reply to: #2334229

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
You're right on time Yanti! It's my birthday right now! ;-)
2009-08-07 2:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Thibodaux
Oh my goodness, Manatees!!

I'm sorry I've been out for a while. I 've been trying to get caught up after a wonderful trip to Maine. We had a great time, and it was very therapeutic for us both. We stayed with some very dear friends, so we stayed busy having fun and not dwelling on the negative stuff.

TR, so sorry I missed your birthday!! Hope it was great and belated good wishes! I'm glad to hear your dog is doing better with you on the trainer.

Yanti, I think of you often and pray for you everyday.

Beth, so glad to hear the ankle is better. You'll be running before you know it.

For everyone else, happy training and have a great weekend!!
2009-08-08 12:01 AM

User image

Master
Utah

Happy Birthday TR! Hope Albert gives you tons of big, sloppy, doggy kisses  

2009-08-08 12:05 AM
in reply to: #2335435

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Manatees - just back from the theatre. GI JOE - awesome flick! Everyone needs to go see it. It's got everything - half-naked hot guys, car chases, explosions, cool weaponry, and the BEST little kid fight ever! Seriously - these 9 year olds kick each other's arses from here to Sunday!

Just wanted to share. ;-)

AND I got popcorn bought for me ... AND I found 11 cents on the ground.

All in all - a pretty good birthday.

Thanks for the wishes, it means a lot. And now - off to bed and dream of being a girl GI Joe.

2009-08-08 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2334695

User image

Melon Presser
mammatri's - 2009-08-08 2:19 AM Oh my goodness, Manatees!!

I'm sorry I've been out for a while. I 've been trying to get caught up after a wonderful trip to Maine. We had a great time, and it was very therapeutic for us both. We stayed with some very dear friends, so we stayed busy having fun and not dwelling on the negative stuff.

TR, so sorry I missed your birthday!! Hope it was great and belated good wishes! I'm glad to hear your dog is doing better with you on the trainer.

Yanti, I think of you often and pray for you everyday.

Beth, so glad to hear the ankle is better. You'll be running before you know it.

For everyone else, happy training and have a great weekend!!

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful trip. Sounds like you really needed it, not just in the sense of relief, but to get out there and have a good time.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I believe they are doing me a world of good. It really is a painful shytestorm over here, but somehow I have found peace and happiness in the midst of a most difficult and trying situation.
2009-08-08 10:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Happy Saturday Manatees!

I went to the gym this morning for my first swim in a while. I got to the locker room, started getting changed and realized I had my towel, goggles, soap, shampoo.....everything but my suit, DOH! Since I only live 10 minutes from the gym I drove home, got it and started the process over again. I did an easy 1000 yards and called it a day. My shoulder and ribs didn't feel any worse than they normally do so I was pretty happy.

Cathy - Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I'm happy to hear things are continueing in the right direction.

Art
2009-08-08 10:26 AM
in reply to: #2335661

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
TriAya - 2009-08-08 10:51 AM

br />
Thank you so much for your prayers. I believe they are doing me a world of good. It really is a painful shytestorm over here, but somehow I have found peace and happiness in the midst of a most difficult and trying situation.

Yanti - I can only hope for the same grace if I'm ever faced with similar circumstances.

Art
2009-08-08 10:31 AM
in reply to: #2335692

User image

Melon Presser
reid15 - 2009-08-08 10:10 PM Happy Saturday Manatees! I went to the gym this morning for my first swim in a while. I got to the locker room, started getting changed and realized I had my towel, goggles, soap, shampoo.....everything but my suit, DOH! Since I only live 10 minutes from the gym I drove home, got it and started the process over again. I did an easy 1000 yards and called it a day. My shoulder and ribs didn't feel any worse than they normally do so I was pretty happy. Cathy - Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I'm happy to hear things are continueing in the right direction. Art

LOL!!! I can relate! Ah, you shoulda just swum in your birthday suit, I'm sure someone would have enjoyed the show ... ummm, until you got hauled off to jail, that is. Never mind!

My trick is usually that I am wearing my suit under my clothes. Then after swimming (and invariably having somewhere important to be afterward) I realize I have forgotten a bra and underwear. OOOPS!

2009-08-08 10:32 AM
in reply to: #2335714

User image

Melon Presser
reid15 - 2009-08-08 10:26 PM
TriAya - 2009-08-08 10:51 AM br />
Yanti - I can only hope for the same grace if I'm ever faced with similar circumstances. Art

{{{MANATEE FLIPPER HUG}}}

Thank you so much.

2009-08-08 11:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Wyoming
Morning Manatees!

I finally feel like I am getting back to serious training!   I got 3 days in a row!!  One really wonderful thing is that I found a place to workout!!   It will be awesome for this winter.   The local Army Guard camp has a facility that they allow anyone to come and use - all you have to do is show a driver's license!   Anyway, they have a set of LifeFitness machines which are great, ellipticals, bikes, and treadmills.  I have been trying to get there a few times a week to lift.    Since I am new to "machine" workouts, is there any benefit to an elliptical over a treadmill?    Oh..they also have a few different stairstepper machines.

I have decided to do the sprint Tri in MT next Saturday.   My conditioning isn't what it was for my first tri but I realized the other day that I really need to just go do another one.   I seem to have a little panic when I think about it so I think I just need to get back on the saddle again!  LOL    Also, I am really worried about the ows and I don't know why for sure.  I won't wear a wetsuit - warm water - and it is only 300m never going farther than 50yds from the shore.   I am a good swimmer, but I get all panicked about it.   I was working through these thoughts yesterday and realized that before I started tri training I used to go to the lake with people and ride on wake boards or tubes and if I got dumped off I would just laugh and swim around out in the deep waters without a thought.  Since I started "training" the thought of that deeper water scares me.    I have only swum in ow 3 times and won't have an opportunity for more.  Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Lynn - about the tri clothes you sent...they were super-duper when the arrived.  They made me feel like a real triathlete, but now I have lost so much weight that they shorts don't fit right.   On one of my bricks just before my tri I realized the shorts were too big when I went to get back on my saddle after stopping at a stopsign and the crotch caught on the tip of the saddle!   Not good!   So I bought another pair of TYR shorts in the next smaller size.   I had the thought the other day that I should "Pay it forward" and offer them to someone else.    Is that okay with you?

Cathy - glad to hear you had a good trip and that some healing happened. 

Yanti - you are a strong lady!   Holding you up in prayer here in WY!

Beth - glad to hear you are getting out there again.

TR - sounds like my guys would like that movie! Glad you had a nice b'day

Art  - I did something like that the other day.  Drove to town to lift and ride my bike only to realize that I forgot my helmet!  I live too far to go home to get it so just did a quiet little ride around the back streets of the town.   1000 yds is a good workout for me...wtg!

Sharie
2009-08-08 2:00 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-08-08 3:17 PM
in reply to: #2335789

Master
Vista, CA

ranchrunner - 2009-08-08 9:27 AM Morning Manatees!

I finally feel like I am getting back to serious training!   I got 3 days in a row!!  One really wonderful thing is that I found a place to workout!!   It will be awesome for this winter.   The local Army Guard camp has a facility that they allow anyone to come and use - all you have to do is show a driver's license!   Anyway, they have a set of LifeFitness machines which are great, ellipticals, bikes, and treadmills.  I have been trying to get there a few times a week to lift.    Since I am new to "machine" workouts, is there any benefit to an elliptical over a treadmill?    Oh..they also have a few different stairstepper machines.

I have decided to do the sprint Tri in MT next Saturday.   My conditioning isn't what it was for my first tri but I realized the other day that I really need to just go do another one.   I seem to have a little panic when I think about it so I think I just need to get back on the saddle again!  LOL    Also, I am really worried about the ows and I don't know why for sure.  I won't wear a wetsuit - warm water - and it is only 300m never going farther than 50yds from the shore.   I am a good swimmer, but I get all panicked about it.   I was working through these thoughts yesterday and realized that before I started tri training I used to go to the lake with people and ride on wake boards or tubes and if I got dumped off I would just laugh and swim around out in the deep waters without a thought.  Since I started "training" the thought of that deeper water scares me.    I have only swum in ow 3 times and won't have an opportunity for more.  Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Lynn - about the tri clothes you sent...they were super-duper when the arrived.  They made me feel like a real triathlete, but now I have lost so much weight that they shorts don't fit right.   On one of my bricks just before my tri I realized the shorts were too big when I went to get back on my saddle after stopping at a stopsign and the crotch caught on the tip of the saddle!   Not good!   So I bought another pair of TYR shorts in the next smaller size.   I had the thought the other day that I should "Pay it forward" and offer them to someone else.    Is that okay with you?

Sharie

Sharie: Please do pay it forward. I think that's the same thing that happened to me with the shorts....funny how tri training will whittle you down,huh? Good for you for going for the tri next weekend. Just remember, you're a great swimmer and if you feel at all panicked in the first bit of the swim just talk to yourself, breath slowly and do the side stroke until you regain composure. I do believe the mass starts of triathlon swims cause the most anxiety amongst us age groupers. (Not to be confused with a grouper fish! LOL)

Thought I'd share this story with you all I went out to watch a friend race this morning only to see her walking with her friend and her bike toward the parking lot. I wondered what happened. "Are you okay," I asked. She said yes, but her "friend" had her wetsuit and came later to the race and they couldn't find each other so she missed her wave (the last wave) and was too upset emotionally from trying to find her friend and her wetsuit to battle the waves.  This is a pretty gnarly swim anyway, and I guess she tried to start diving under the waves, but decided she just wasn't up to it after the morning. I felt so badly for her. She's a pretty fast chick and I know she probably would have placed in her AG. Bummer. She's mature though and knows there will be other races. Just goes to show you never know what can/will happen on any given day.

Yanti -- As always, you're in my heart, thoughts, prayers and you are amazing.

Bill -- You go guy! It IS all good!

Art -- Yes, swim naked if you have to but by all means swim. Glad the pain wasn't too much. I'm with Yanti on sometimes forgetting the going home clothes.

TR --Still recouperating? Glad the movie was fun and the birthday memorable.

Bethie -- You rock --and will be running soon!

Everyone else -- hope all is well, Oh Cathy -- glad you got some together time and that the healing has begun. :-)

Take care -

Lynn

2009-08-10 7:20 PM
in reply to: #2334185

Master
Victoria, BC
Happy Monday Manatees!

Well after the whirl-wind that was GI Joe and my birthday, I seem to have settled down quite squarely into a depression. Again. I just cannot find the pattern, I do not know why this keeps happening.

I'm pissed about money - I'm in a pretty serious situation, actually ... so that's definately a big part of it.

I'm also angry because my Achilles is NOT rehabbing. I saw my physiotherapist again today, and she's baffled. I have to keep seeing her once a week, if I expect to see any kind of improvement. Even walking hurts, at this point.

I'm just frustrated and stressed out. I've been trying to spin every night in front of the tv, if nothing else sweat a little stress out ... so at least I've got that going for me. ;-)

So we went from a heat wave to a cold spell. It's been raining for 2 days and quite cool. I actually lit a fire today - I use my fireplace to heat my living space, only turn the heat on in the bedrooms (yeah, I'm cheap that way) ... and I actually had to start a fire! From one extreme to the next, huh.

Hope everyone else is doing great ... Cathy - I'm still SO looking forward to seeing you in NOLA in February! I have my little change jar by the front door, collecting my pennies so I can afford to have some fun! ;-)

Oh - as an aside - turns out Tom started his career in Thibodaux! He knows the area well, and speaks highly of it.
2009-08-11 8:44 AM

Veteran
Wyoming
TR - so sorry to hear how down you are! Big cyber hug from me!

I leave in about an hour with the 2 youngest kids (14dd and 10ds) to go see #2 son - 1000mile drive.   Should arrive in time to go on the big Wed. night steak ride - an evening horseback ride up the mtns to good food and good music.   Will hang with him until Sat. morning when I will go and do my 2nd tri!  With an OWS!!!  Ok...I am fine, I am a strong swimmer, I can do this, it isn't far (how am I doing Lynn?)

Say a prayer for our trip and my tri.

BLessings to my Manatees!
Sharie

2009-08-11 10:03 AM
in reply to: #2340032

Veteran
Thibodaux
SpiritFire - 2009-08-10 7:20 PM Happy Monday Manatees! Well after the whirl-wind that was GI Joe and my birthday, I seem to have settled down quite squarely into a depression. Again. I just cannot find the pattern, I do not know why this keeps happening. I'm pissed about money - I'm in a pretty serious situation, actually ... so that's definately a big part of it. I'm also angry because my Achilles is NOT rehabbing. I saw my physiotherapist again today, and she's baffled. I have to keep seeing her once a week, if I expect to see any kind of improvement. Even walking hurts, at this point. I'm just frustrated and stressed out. I've been trying to spin every night in front of the tv, if nothing else sweat a little stress out ... so at least I've got that going for me. ;-) So we went from a heat wave to a cold spell. It's been raining for 2 days and quite cool. I actually lit a fire today - I use my fireplace to heat my living space, only turn the heat on in the bedrooms (yeah, I'm cheap that way) ... and I actually had to start a fire! From one extreme to the next, huh. Hope everyone else is doing great ... Cathy - I'm still SO looking forward to seeing you in NOLA in February! I have my little change jar by the front door, collecting my pennies so I can afford to have some fun! ;-) Oh - as an aside - turns out Tom started his career in Thibodaux! He knows the area well, and speaks highly of it.

Oh TR! That is so cool! It's a small world, isn't it? I'm looking forward to Feb, too.

Sorry to hear you're feeling down, but maybe it's a good thing that at least your depression has a focus? I hope things get better for you soon.
2009-08-11 11:12 AM

Melon Presser
TR ... I am so sorry. When it rains, it pours. Being down in spirit makes everything difficult, but when you add physical and financial woes to it ...

All I can say is, I've been there. I don't know how or when things will change for you, but I promise they will. Pursue joy--force yourself to make joyful moments (hint: they often involve dogs ), even if you're just going through the motions. Because eventually, they will yield joy. While they won't necessarily bring overall joy, they make the darkness bearable. And they often attract more such moments.

Not to mention people who will bring you such moments.
2009-08-11 11:13 AM
in reply to: #2340892

Master
Vista, CA

ranchrunner - 2009-08-11 6:44 AM TR - so sorry to hear how down you are! Big cyber hug from me!

I leave in about an hour with the 2 youngest kids (14dd and 10ds) to go see #2 son - 1000mile drive.   Should arrive in time to go on the big Wed. night steak ride - an evening horseback ride up the mtns to good food and good music.   Will hang with him until Sat. morning when I will go and do my 2nd tri!  With an OWS!!!  Ok...I am fine, I am a strong swimmer, I can do this, it isn't far (how am I doing Lynn?)

Say a prayer for our trip and my tri.

BLessings to my Manatees!
Sharie

Self talk always works for me, Sharie. Best of luck with your trip and your tri!! Full report when you get back?

TR-I, too, hope you're feeling better. hugs.

My computer may be in the shop soon. I'm having problems with it, so if you don't hear from me that's why. :-(

2009-08-11 3:41 PM

2009-08-12 5:44 PM

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
It's too quiet in here.

I've had a couple busy days that haven't allowed any extra time for training. I got a ride in today knowing I probably won't have time for much training in the next couple of days. I'm going to see some old friends from high school and college tomorrow and then to my sister's house on Friday to see my little niece who is home from the hospital now.

I'm thinking about either doing a "just finish" oly race in mid-September or a "just finish" half-marathon in the same time frame. What do you think? I'm just looking for something to give me a little motivation. It's been lacking since I decided not to do the HIM.

Wishing all Manatees the best!

Art

2009-08-12 7:13 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Hey, hey, hey Manatees!

You're right Art, it is way to quiet in here!

Art - i think a 'just finish' race in sept is a great idea, i know just what you mean about something to train for helping with motivation!

Bill - sounds like you are having a productive week off! Hope you enjoy the nice weather and get a chance to relax!

Lynn - thank you for the neat story!  it's always inspiring to hear things like that, also -  i hope your computer is fixed quickly  

Sharie - i hope your long drive goes well!  safe travels

TR - so sorry to hear about your rough patch - something will be sure to turn around - sending you hugs and prayers!!

Yanti - big hugs to you!!!

2009-08-13 11:05 AM

2009-08-13 11:11 AM
in reply to: #2346336

Master
Victoria, BC
Bethie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Bill I'll say happy birthday to you today too - 2 days early - as I'm getting company tomorrow and likely will not even turn on the computer. ;-)

May you both go see GI Joe, and love it.
2009-08-13 1:46 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

It's been a very nice day indeed!

Leo's ROCK

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  

of 59