BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2009-08-31 12:23 PM
in reply to: #2379697

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL
I posted a race report....ended up coming in second to last.. ouch.  And considering that about 200 yards into the swim I was thinking get me out of here....at least I finished lol.  They have a sprint on the same course with a shorter bike and run in June that I plan on doing next year and kicking it's tail.  I can only go up from here right?  LOL

Carole

2009-08-31 1:43 PM
in reply to: #2069346

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Nice job Carole! I read your RR, that sounds like a tough race. The distances seem pretty long for a sprint too. You should be proud of your accomplishment no matter where you finished. There are plenty of people who never would consider trying what you did yesterday.

Art
2009-08-31 1:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Carole - One more thing. I smile everytime I see your avatar.

Art
2009-08-31 1:54 PM
in reply to: #2380814

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
Thanks Art!  In retrospect I might have been better off doing the super sprint but I really wanted to push myself.  So I guess I succeeded in that. 

I love HappyBunny....it's my alterego.  LOL

Carole
2009-08-31 2:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Wyoming
Hip Hip Hooray for Carole!!!!   You did it!   Great accomplishment!

I got a run in Saturday but decided I better look at it like starting over since I have done so little training in the past weeks. So I did a run 3min/walk 1min.   It felt good and  I SO need to get back to training!   I realized the other day that I could deal with my dh so much easier when I was working out regularly.   Somehow, after my tri, I let some of the control issues we have creep back into the picture.  Little by little it has taken the energy out of me...and the desire...and I NEED TO RECLAIM IT NOW!!   So....say a prayer that I can get back over this hump in the road.

Last week was long...I took dh's mother to the hospital on Tuesday and was with her there until Thursday.  I did drive home at night, but they were long days.    Had had an ordeal the previous Saturday night/Sunday morning (2am) with her and the emergency room...thought at one point we had lost her.    Anyway, long days and nights caring for her.  

I always stop by and read what is happening here, but don't always post.   I really want to do another tri before it gets too cold.    I had one I was thinking about on Sept 13, but not sure I should do it since I am lacking proper conditioning right now.   I know myself and I will push hard in a competition.    Also, my mother needs me to make a quick trip to AZ (and I need to return a Border Collie that didn't work for my dh) and it looks like that weekend might be the best for that trip. 

BLessings,
Sharie
2009-08-31 3:26 PM
in reply to: #2380877

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
CONGRATULATIONS CAROLE! You did it - that's all that matters. Whether you were first or last, who cares - you made it across that finish line. That's more than most people can say!

Good news for me: I got the radiologist's report this morning, and I have a 6mm calcaneus spur. 6mm is actually pretty whoppingly huge for these things! BUT - the radiologist didn't say *where* exactly it is. Doofus. So my physio dug around with her thumbs (ouchie) and believes it is right where my plantar fascia connects to my heel bone.

This is good news in the sense that it's nothing major, no surgery required, and because now the belief is that the pain is radiating (Anatomy Trains and all that) there appears to be nothing structurally wrong with my Achilles other than the previous tears. SO - I am no longer afraid to go running! Knowing what it is, why I've been in so much pain, really takes a load off!

The bad news is according to my physio they never go away. However according to the ND I work with, they are fairly easy to disappear. I should be in ship-shape in no time.

Thanks Manatees for being so supportive ... I really appreciate it. It's been such a hard time in my life overall, having good 'friends' I can turn to has really helped.

2009-08-31 3:31 PM
in reply to: #2381084

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
That's great TR...

Interestingly enough....having had plantar fasciitis....I guess in some percentage of people it actually causes a heel spur due to the constant inflammation.....hopefully this will give you a new lease on running knowing that it isnt your Achilles!

Carole
2009-08-31 3:33 PM
in reply to: #2380877

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Sharie - Glad to hear you got a run in. I've been having a hard time being consistant in training too. Just do what you can, when you can. I'll say a prayer for your mom. I hope she is better soon.

We had our meeting at work this morning. They are closing our location and moving most of us to another location about 25 minutes away. I still have a job so I can't complain.

Art
2009-08-31 4:20 PM
in reply to: #2381097

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
happybunny - 2009-08-31 1:31 PM

That's great TR...

Interestingly enough....having had plantar fasciitis....I guess in some percentage of people it actually causes a heel spur due to the constant inflammation.....hopefully this will give you a new lease on running knowing that it isnt your Achilles!

Carole

Yeah! I had really bad pf a few years back (when I first started triathlon - I actually did my first race injured!) ... so this makes total sense to me now. ;-)
2009-08-31 4:52 PM
in reply to: #2381192

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
Funny how that works...like all the pieces come together and all of the sudden the light goes on   I hope this will give your practitioners something new to focus on and get you healed up soon

Carole
2009-09-02 8:18 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Hi Manatees! 

Thank you for the well wishes on starting to run again - it feels good!  I've officially started my 1/2 mary training plan

Carole - congratulations on your race!  Sounds like a hot tough race, you made it through and finished, so it is a win indeed - you are a triathlete

Sharie - you are absolutely right to get back into it slowly - it's tough to do, but it will be the best thing in the long run - take care of yourself as you are also taking care of dh's mom - i hope she is doing better

TR - glad to hear you have learned the cause of the pain - hopefully now it can be treated and the pain can be managed!

Art - so glad to hear that the meeting resulted in a change of location, and not the loss of a job

Have a great week everyone!

2009-09-02 10:00 AM
in reply to: #2384467

User image

Master
Vista, CA

lastcall2003 - 2009-09-02 6:18 AM Hi Manatees! 

Thank you for the well wishes on starting to run again - it feels good!  I've officially started my 1/2 mary training plan

Carole - congratulations on your race!  Sounds like a hot tough race, you made it through and finished, so it is a win indeed - you are a triathlete

Sharie - you are absolutely right to get back into it slowly - it's tough to do, but it will be the best thing in the long run - take care of yourself as you are also taking care of dh's mom - i hope she is doing better

TR - glad to hear you have learned the cause of the pain - hopefully now it can be treated and the pain can be managed!

Art - so glad to hear that the meeting resulted in a change of location, and not the loss of a job

Have a great week everyone!

Times 2 to what Beth, er uh, Tinkerbeth said above. And, just a shout out to her and Yanti for sticking with us Manatees through all our trials and tribulations and oh, yeah, triathlons. :-)

Not going anywhere, just was feeling all sentimental and appreciative this morning..big manatee flipper hugs.

Lynn

Oh, Yanti -- hope the family is all right in Jakarta. See where there was a pretty serious earthquake there this a.m. Take care, you must be on the east coast by now. Safe travels.

2009-09-04 3:10 PM

Doing a fly by to say Congratulations Carole!!! You did it!
2009-09-04 10:17 PM
in reply to: #2390322

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
Thanks Everyone for the congrats!  I'm now trying to decide which "races" to do next year....notice the (s)...lol

I never thought in a million years that this would be something I would enjoy...go figure!

Carole
2009-09-05 9:12 AM
in reply to: #2390885

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
happybunny - 2009-09-04 11:17 PM Thanks Everyone for the congrats!  I'm now trying to decide which "races" to do next year....notice the (s)...lol

I never thought in a million years that this would be something I would enjoy...go figure!

Carole

Races!

I love it Carole!!!

2009-09-05 10:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Wyoming
Howdy Manatees!

I am glad that we are still chatting here.  I know a lot of the mentoring groups have quit.   I would be happy to keep visiting all winter about our training, etc. if we are allowed.

I have stayed true to my decision to take my training and other parts of my life back again!   I rode 11 miles on Thurs at a faster time than my tri!!  I was so excited that I decided to do a sprint Tri next Sunday in Parker, CO.   It is the last of the pool swim tris in this area...and actually they are all winding down around here.   I found 2 others but they were both full already.    I got a run in last night.   I am back to no swimming pools and have only swum a few times since July 1, but I figured I could get through the swim even if I am slow.

Off to work on the pickup head on the combine.    And ds has his first football game of the season this afternoon.   Should be a fun one to watch  since it is  "6 man" which makes for a wild game!

Blessings to all
Sharie

p.s. thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my MIL.   I think she will be home from the  hospital on Monday????   Her lungs are better but the emergency room doc gave her an injection that backfired and it looks like she might lose her index finger on  her right hand!  Arghhh......

2009-09-07 3:11 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
2009-09-07 3:12 PM
in reply to: #2391176

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
ranchrunner - 2009-09-05 11:29 AM Howdy Manatees!

I am glad that we are still chatting here.  I know a lot of the mentoring groups have quit.   I would be happy to keep visiting all winter about our training, etc. if we are allowed.

I have stayed true to my decision to take my training and other parts of my life back again!   I rode 11 miles on Thurs at a faster time than my tri!!  I was so excited that I decided to do a sprint Tri next Sunday in Parker, CO.   It is the last of the pool swim tris in this area...and actually they are all winding down around here.   I found 2 others but they were both full already.    I got a run in last night.   I am back to no swimming pools and have only swum a few times since July 1, but I figured I could get through the swim even if I am slow.

Off to work on the pickup head on the combine.    And ds has his first football game of the season this afternoon.   Should be a fun one to watch  since it is  "6 man" which makes for a wild game!

Blessings to all
Sharie

p.s. thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my MIL.   I think she will be home from the  hospital on Monday????   Her lungs are better but the emergency room doc gave her an injection that backfired and it looks like she might lose her index finger on  her right hand!  Arghhh......

fantastic job on the training Sharie!!!

more good thoughts for your MIL

2009-09-07 3:13 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
"officially" the season for this mentor group is done - it's up to us though if we want to continue posting until the next set of groups start up in December

I'm game for whatever the Manatees would like to do - you guys are awesome!

2009-09-08 9:29 PM
in reply to: #2393464

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
I don't know what I'd do without you guys. Although I haven't been posting much lately - I've been here, leaning on you in spirit.

In that vein - I made a decision today. Well - I became open to a decision. Since my bootcamp that starts tomorrow is not even half full (eek!) ... if my November/December camp doesn't fill I'm going to shut my doors, close up shop, sell my house, and move back to my old city and go back to policing.

You're the first people I've told this decision to. I don't even know if I want to do this - but I really have *no* other option.

I just can't take this anymore. I just can't handle the stress. I feel like a quitter - I feel like a failure. But how long can you put your heart, soul, and life savings into a business, how close can you come to bankruptcy and losing your house, before you say enough is enough? How many tears can be shed?

So should the group be disbanded - stay tuned to my logs for what's going on with me.

HUGS to the Manatees. Thanks for everything!
2009-09-09 10:45 AM
in reply to: #2395851

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
Hey TR-  dont think of it as a failure! I firmly believe that life is all about learning experiences.  Think of all the things that this experience has taught you and who you are as a person now.  In my own experience, after having an 18 year marriage end, you cant have regrets.  You have to take what you have learned and the things that have made you a better stronger person and move forward.  I can spend all day thinking about the "ishouldhaves or whatif's"  You took a chance on something, worked hard at it, learned some new skills and things about yourself.  THAT is not a failure.  Failure would have been never trying it at all.

Manatee Hugs,

Carole

2009-09-09 5:15 PM
in reply to: #2396663

User image

Master
Vista, CA

happybunny - 2009-09-09 8:45 AM Hey TR-  dont think of it as a failure! I firmly believe that life is all about learning experiences.  Think of all the things that this experience has taught you and who you are as a person now.  In my own experience, after having an 18 year marriage end, you cant have regrets.  You have to take what you have learned and the things that have made you a better stronger person and move forward.  I can spend all day thinking about the "ishouldhaves or whatif's"  You took a chance on something, worked hard at it, learned some new skills and things about yourself.  THAT is not a failure.  Failure would have been never trying it at all.

Manatee Hugs,

Carole

Well said, Carole! Every experience takes us closer to who we are and can become. So, not failure, TR.

As far as staying in contact here on manatee board, I'm all for it. :-)

Lynn

2009-09-10 3:13 PM
in reply to: #2397623

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
lmscozz - 2009-09-09 6:15 PM

happybunny - 2009-09-09 8:45 AM Hey TR-  dont think of it as a failure! I firmly believe that life is all about learning experiences.  Think of all the things that this experience has taught you and who you are as a person now.  In my own experience, after having an 18 year marriage end, you cant have regrets.  You have to take what you have learned and the things that have made you a better stronger person and move forward.  I can spend all day thinking about the "ishouldhaves or whatif's"  You took a chance on something, worked hard at it, learned some new skills and things about yourself.  THAT is not a failure.  Failure would have been never trying it at all.

Manatee Hugs,

Carole

Well said, Carole! Every experience takes us closer to who we are and can become. So, not failure, TR.

As far as staying in contact here on manatee board, I'm all for it. :-)

Lynn

x2!!!

TR you are stronger than you know!!

2009-09-10 3:14 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Hey manatees - whoever wants to keep posting, keep on posting!  I'm not goign anywhere

2009-09-10 3:15 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
In other news - guess who I got to meet last night? 

YANTI!!!! - yep, in real life!  it was great!

this is our 3rd mentor group together, but our first meeting - talk about coinciendence, it just so happened that the day i had a meeting in NYC, she was flying in and had the evening free!

how awesome is that?

we had a lovely time

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  

of 59