BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 97

2013-02-08 9:52 AM
in reply to: #4543109

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed

SNOWDAY!  

They called school off last night so I managed to sleep in... What a nice way to begin a 3 day weekend.  What made it even better was when I weighed in this morning to discover I had lose another pound.  8.4 from my goal.  Should be able to get it done by April 1 at the latest.

Speaking of getting it done, I've got a lot to do today to reach my weakly goals.  I'm hoping to get in a 30 minute yoga session, push ups, plus, I want to ice my sore knee like its my job with the hopes of rehabbing it enough to go for a 3 run this week tomorrow...  Also want to sign up for my races today as well.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

2013-02-08 9:53 AM
in reply to: #4612267

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Qua17 - 2013-02-07 6:06 AM

Morning:

So, I woke up this morning and got ready for work only to realize as I walked through the kitchen that it was only 12:45.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... So after getting up a second time, I made my way to the gym and put in a tough 1000.  I just didn't have it today as I'm sure my times will show when I enter them later... But I burned the calories which will pay off tonight at the dinner my wife's school is holding for her and other teachers to thank them for years of service...

Short run tonight... fighting off the soreness in my left knee again... 

Ha ha...that is worst than me showing up to work a half hour early on my day off!

2013-02-08 9:55 AM
in reply to: #4613475

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
mirthfuldragon - 2013-02-07 5:24 PM

This week has been progressing oddly for me.  I'm still adapting to the trainer road plans, and I'm not sure if it's too easy, too hard, or just right.  We'll see how time progresses.  My last swim and my last run were also just weak, but I think that's a byproduct of some stress, which should now be relieved.

Today I took, and passed, the Illinois real estate broker's exam, which is a nice little benefit.  I'm an attorney, so I don't have to take the classes, just the exam.  Long story short, when I buy a house, I will get to cut a commission check to myself.  I was probably over-stressing on it, but it's one less thing to worry about now.  

So now I can focus on house-shopping and triathlon more.

-Charles

Mo money for the beer!

2013-02-08 9:58 AM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

My daughter has me doing some leg and core exercises with her and along with the push up challenge I am pretty sore. I don't understand why I am so sore since I have not felt as if I pushing myself that hard.  Missed two trainer rides this week but have been doing a mile as a warm up prior to the leg and core and push ups. 

Edited by SportzVision 2013-02-08 10:00 AM
2013-02-08 5:40 PM
in reply to: #4614300

User image

Connecticut
Qua17 - 2013-02-08 10:52 AM

SNOWDAY!  

They called school off last night so I managed to sleep in... What a nice way to begin a 3 day weekend.  What made it even better was when I weighed in this morning to discover I had lose another pound.  8.4 from my goal.  Should be able to get it done by April 1 at the latest.

Speaking of getting it done, I've got a lot to do today to reach my weakly goals.  I'm hoping to get in a 30 minute yoga session, push ups, plus, I want to ice my sore knee like its my job with the hopes of rehabbing it enough to go for a 3 run this week tomorrow...  Also want to sign up for my races today as well.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Congrats on the weight loss. snow days are the best.  Im hoping to find some small 5ks near by to start off the spring and keep a few races in my sights to keep the motivation going. Keep up the good work!

2013-02-09 7:25 AM
in reply to: #4614270

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Qua17 - 2013-02-08 10:38 AM
justinfss - 2013-02-07 11:23 PM

Last midnight shift tonight! 

Really looking forward to getting back on a normal rotation and destroying a run to earn a Friday night reward!  Also next week my Mom is coming up for a visit with us ( I think mainly it is to see her Grand Daughter..... She is quite the draw) so that should allow some time off for some good workouts! 

Hope everyone's Friday goes well!

Amen to the end of the midnight shifts!  Don't hesitate to put your mom to work and get out there!  Question - does your mom have better taste in beer than your MIL with her fondness for Molson 67?

Haha, my Mom isn't really a beer drinker..so I guess the answer to that would have to be no.

2013-02-09 7:38 AM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada

Didn't get the run in yesterday, but I am hopeful for today. Pushups are going well, I find it really challenging! I am not getting much pain, but I feel like that may come now that the first week is done. Do we do it everyday now? The first week I know they said you should have rest days. Wondering if now we just go for it daily!

Looking at signing up for some races this year, and I think financially I could be limited. With my wife staying home to look after the little one, the 2-300 dollar price-tag for a 1/2 seems pretty steep. Going to have to do some serious budgeting here and figure things out. There don't seem to be too many off brand 1/2 and iron distances events, but I will keep searching because those seem to be a little cheaper. On top of that, is my need(want?) for a tri/road bike, I got excited because I saw one on Kijiji here the other day, a 2007 Giant Trinity. You usually do not see any tri related items on there locally, but on closer inspection the bike was wayyy to small. Too bad because they only wanted 750 dollars for a bike that looked to be basically new.

I guess the take away from this is that, although you can make the s/b/r happen relatively 'on the cheap' Triathlon can be very,very expensive!

2013-02-09 10:08 AM
in reply to: #4615505

User image

Veteran
Illinois
justinfss - 2013-02-09 7:38 AM

I guess the take away from this is that, although you can make the s/b/r happen relatively 'on the cheap' Triathlon can be very,very expensive!

Truth.  With my wife and I saving for a house, it's always juggling.  I still haven't signed up for any races yet because of it, and then there's the new cyclocross bike I want to buy, and I need to get my wife a road bike, and wetsuits . . . one thing after another it seems.

Also, I was invited to do a 5k, and registration is $45!  For a 5k!  No wonder people use these as fundraisers.

2013-02-09 10:40 AM
in reply to: #4615505

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
justinfss - 2013-02-09 6:38 AM

Didn't get the run in yesterday, but I am hopeful for today. Pushups are going well, I find it really challenging! I am not getting much pain, but I feel like that may come now that the first week is done. Do we do it everyday now? The first week I know they said you should have rest days. Wondering if now we just go for it daily!

Looking at signing up for some races this year, and I think financially I could be limited. With my wife staying home to look after the little one, the 2-300 dollar price-tag for a 1/2 seems pretty steep. Going to have to do some serious budgeting here and figure things out. There don't seem to be too many off brand 1/2 and iron distances events, but I will keep searching because those seem to be a little cheaper. On top of that, is my need(want?) for a tri/road bike, I got excited because I saw one on Kijiji here the other day, a 2007 Giant Trinity. You usually do not see any tri related items on there locally, but on closer inspection the bike was wayyy to small. Too bad because they only wanted 750 dollars for a bike that looked to be basically new.

First off pushups are 3x/ week. You will see improvement and difficulty!

As far as tri's go, is it necessary to do an 1/2 IM? I think it is great to do them and full IM but there is nothing wrong with sprints and Olys. That is all I do and the price ranges from $60 to $100. My wife is only planning on doing sprints and that is okay. 

A bike...if you have the finances which I don't, go for a road bike and add tri bars. I still used my $100 13 year old trek road bike I bought second hand. I don't lose because of the bike I lose because of the engine pushing the bike! :-)

2013-02-09 11:52 AM
in reply to: #4615640

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
thor67 - 2013-02-09 11:40 AM

First off pushups are 3x/ week. You will see improvement and difficulty!

As far as tri's go, is it necessary to do an 1/2 IM? I think it is great to do them and full IM but there is nothing wrong with sprints and Olys. That is all I do and the price ranges from $60 to $100. My wife is only planning on doing sprints and that is okay. 

A bike...if you have the finances which I don't, go for a road bike and add tri bars. I still used my $100 13 year old trek road bike I bought second hand. I don't lose because of the bike I lose because of the engine pushing the bike! :-)

Good point Thor....I do eventually want to do some long course racing, just to prove to myself that I am capable of it really. But I agree wholeheartedly! when you get down to the brass tacks of it, it comes down to personal fitness, and I bet it feels a whole lot better passing the brand new carbon bikes on your old school trusty road steed, then if you were to drop a mint on a new bike and get passed!

2013-02-09 4:17 PM
in reply to: #4615496

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
justinfss - 2013-02-09 7:25 AM
Qua17 - 2013-02-08 10:38 AM
justinfss - 2013-02-07 11:23 PM

Last midnight shift tonight! 

Really looking forward to getting back on a normal rotation and destroying a run to earn a Friday night reward!  Also next week my Mom is coming up for a visit with us ( I think mainly it is to see her Grand Daughter..... She is quite the draw) so that should allow some time off for some good workouts! 

Hope everyone's Friday goes well!

As a grandma it "is true we only want to see the grand babies..."Yea yeah hello daughter... kiss kiss whatever where is my grandson!

Amen to the end of the midnight shifts!  Don't hesitate to put your mom to work and get out there!  Question - does your mom have better taste in beer than your MIL with her fondness for Molson 67?

Haha, my Mom isn't really a beer drinker..so I guess the answer to that would have to be no.

As a grandma that is all we care about, "hello daughter, kiss kiss, whatever, where is my grandson?" 

Edited by SportzVision 2013-02-09 4:23 PM

2013-02-10 8:02 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Out the door for an early 13.6 miles.

Almost forgot.  I had an imperial IPA last night from Ninkasi that reminded me why I like beer so much.

Prost!

Edited by kevinbe 2013-02-10 8:05 AM
2013-02-10 9:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Has anyone heard of or tried the sit up program from the same company as the 100 push up app?
2013-02-10 11:44 AM
in reply to: #4615640

User image

Expert
thor67 - 2013-02-09 10:40 AM

Here's my two cents.  I agree with Thor that there is nothing wrong with doing Sprints and Olys and that you can train and race and get a ton out of the experience.

My only thought is that it depends on the type of racer you are.  If going fast is more important than going long, Sprints are the way to go.  If you want a little speed + a little distance - then spend a little extra and sign up for and Oly.  But if you are one of those guys that gains satisfaction from going long, then the HIM can be worth every cent.  Crossing the finish line last year was without question one of the greatest moments of my life and the $250 dollars I paid + cost of transportation was totally worth it.  

So - really it's up to you.  What type of race do you want to do?

2013-02-10 12:38 PM
in reply to: #4608731

User image

Expert

Happy to report that I survived Nemo - the storm that dumped almost 30 inches (72 cm) of snow on us this weekend.  It was crazy!  I've been in some snow storms in my life - but the nearly sixty mile an hour winds created drifts that reached to some rooftops, which was nuts considering that there wasn't any snow on the ground prior to the storm.

I spent nearly 4 hours shoveling which took a toll on my back.  I'll be starting off the week a little slow to let it heal.

My friends and I celebrated making it through the storm with some tasty beverages.  The highlight was the Duchesse De Bourgogne - a Flemish Brown Ale which was one of the best beers I have ever tasted.  Sweet and tart at the same time.  The other highlight was Red Thunder by Victory which was a nice balance between hops and malt.  Tasty.

Here were my goals for last week.  

• Complete Week 4 of BT Plan and transition to 3 runs per week Frown completed the week but wasn't able to get the third run in...
  • Yoga 2x and Stretch 2 hours Laughing (I did the Yoga but still pulled my back...Frown
  • Start Pushup Challenge with the kids Laughing I started it but the kids balked Frown
  • Record calories and hit 174 Laughing 173.6
  • Buy Wetsuit and sign up for Season Opener Frown waiting on a check for the wetsuit but signed up for the Season Opener Laughing
  • Continue to support my fellow BTersLaughing
2013-02-10 12:44 PM

User image

Expert

Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 

kevinbe

Kevin  
 thor67 Thor  
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared   
mirthfuldragon Charles   
Burd Alex   
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny  
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Complete Week 5 of BT Plan and transition to 3 runs per week
  • Yoga 2x, Stretch 2 hours and Ice 5x
  • Week 2 of Pushup Challenge
  • Record calories and hit 173
  • Buy Wetsuit 
  • Continue to support my fellow BTers

21st Amendment Saison 

2013-02-10 2:52 PM
in reply to: #4616386

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Qua17 - 2013-02-10 10:44 AM

kevinbe

Kevin
  •  Continue to build on run.
  • Do not get discouraged if I have to run/walk some of run
  • push long run to 15.9 miler

thor67 Thor  
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared   
mirthfuldragon Charles   
Burd Alex   
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny  
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Buy Wetsuit 

21st Amendment Saison 
2013-02-10 4:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Dallas

knee still causing some trouble with yesterdays 6 mile run. Happened at about 5 mile mark. My glutes are still sore from p90X legs/back. I forgot how sore that program makes a feller. 

last night I had too much beer appreciation and have therefore post-poned my bike until Monday. Great local award winning beer. The owner quit his job as a lawyer to make beer. Cheers to that!

2013-02-10 5:48 PM
in reply to: #4616474

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
kevinbe - 2013-02-10 3:52 PM

kevinbe

Kevin

thor67 Thor  
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared   
mirthfuldragon Charles   
Burd Alex 
  • Follow David's stretch plan 3x
  • Do zero walking and let knee heal properly, no short cuts
  • 3x pool 
  • Reward: being able to run again by resting the knee correctly
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny  
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Buy Wetsuit 

21st Amendment Saison 
2013-02-10 8:13 PM
in reply to: #4616590

User image

Veteran
New Mexico
Burd - 2013-02-10 4:48 PM
kevinbe - 2013-02-10 3:52 PM

kevinbe

Kevin

thor67 Thor  
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared 
  •  Monday Walk 5 miles
  • Tuesday Jog 5k
  • Wednesday Bike 10 miles
  • Thursday Brick
  • Friday Jog 10k
  • Saturday Walk 13 miles
  • Sunday Bike 15 miles
  • 100 pushups plan

mirthfuldragon Charles   
Burd Alex 
  • 3x pool 
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny  
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Buy Wetsuit 

21st Amendment Saison 
2013-02-10 8:18 PM

User image

Veteran
New Mexico

Going to get back to it this week.  Hopefully there are no more crisis that come up and I can stay home and stick to my plan!  Hope everyone is doing well and meeting their goals!  

Alex - I downloaded the sit up app and am going to try it out, also got the one for pull ups.  Seems to be very similar to the 100 push up app.  

2013-02-10 8:19 PM
in reply to: #4616722

User image

Veteran
Illinois

kevinbe

Kevin

thor67 Thor  
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared 
  •  Monday Walk 5 miles
  • Tuesday Jog 5k
  • Thursday Brick
  • Friday Jog 10k
  • Saturday Walk 13 miles
  • Sunday Bike 15 miles
  • 100 pushups plan

mirthfuldragon Charles 
  •  Nutrition
  • Keep up with TR plan
  • Get my swim/run in
  •  
Burd Alex 
  • 3x pool 
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny  
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Buy Wetsuit 

21st Amendment Saison 
2013-02-11 4:12 AM

User image

Expert

Got up this morning and got as much yoga in as my back would let me...  I have really tweaked it.  I will try to get a ride in this afternoon when I get home from work.  

Have a good monday everyone!

2013-02-11 9:33 AM
in reply to: #4616737

User image

Connecticut

kevinbe

Kevin

thor67 Thor  
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared 
  •  Monday Walk 5 miles
  • Tuesday Jog 5k
  • Thursday Brick
  • Friday Jog 10k
  • Saturday Walk 13 miles
  • Sunday Bike 15 miles
  • 100 pushups plan

mirthfuldragon Charles 
  •  Nutrition
  • Keep up with TR plan
  • Get my swim/run in
  •  
Burd Alex 
  • 3x pool 
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny
  • Stretch back (tons of shoveling from the storm)
  • Run 5k at 10min pace.
  • continue Pushup Challenge...wk 2
  • 3x spinning
  • 2x pool

Already had my reward this weekend. (chinese and beers with the family).  Need to work all those calories off.
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Buy Wetsuit 

21st Amendment Saison 
2013-02-11 10:06 AM
in reply to: #4617274

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
lp3510 - 2013-02-11 8:33 AM   

kevinbe

Kevin

thor67 Thor
  •  continue on as per last week.
  • Try get a weekend run or bike in
  • pushups
  • lose weight
 visit to my fave liquor store.
 SportzVision Cynthia  
 Wiff Kim  
 jlangeneJared 
  •  Monday Walk 5 miles
  • Tuesday Jog 5k
  • Thursday Brick
  • Friday Jog 10k
  • Saturday Walk 13 miles
  • Sunday Bike 15 miles
  • 100 pushups plan

mirthfuldragon Charles 
  •  Nutrition
  • Keep up with TR plan
  • Get my swim/run in
  •  
Burd Alex 
  • 3x pool 
Yakhead  Ian  
 bobddsmd  Bobby  
 Cassady Doug  
 lp3510 Lenny
  • Stretch back (tons of shoveling from the storm)
  • Run 5k at 10min pace.
  • continue Pushup Challenge...wk 2
  • 3x spinning
  • 2x pool

Already had my reward this weekend. (chinese and beers with the family).  Need to work all those calories off.
 justinfss Justin  
 firefighter Taj  
 snarky Elizabeth  
mcmanusclan5Matt   
DBrew99 Dan  
BigDH Darren/DH  
  Qua17 David or DQ
  • Buy Wetsuit 

21st Amendment Saison 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  

of 97