BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 29

2014-01-02 11:14 AM
in reply to: enders_shadow

User image

Pro
CyFair
Subject: RE: Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed

Originally posted by enders_shadow
Originally posted by kaburns1214
I currently use my cadence to train on my bike keeping it around 85. I have been wanting to break into my HRM but have to say that I'm totally clueless on how to use it. No doubt there are lots of videos to figure it out. I definitely have some homework to do so I understand the terminology being mentioned on this thread.
The first thing you want to do is to set zones. Have you have done a heart rate test before? Do you have any recent 5K or 10K data?
Hey, Kelly - I'd love to update my HR zones. I did an awesome PR 5K yesterday - how does that translate into zones? (Previously, like 6 years ago, I went through the whole HR/LTHR protocol; but if I can get decent numbers from my 5K, where I really did give it my best...that sounds better to me!) Thanks!

Use your avg HR for the run as your LTHR.  In theory your max on a 5k is close to your max HR and your avg is close to your threshold.  Test again in 6 weeks with a more established protocol. 

2014-01-02 2:34 PM
in reply to: dace

User image

Originally posted by dace

I spent some time here on BT working out a custom training plan for my long course in Aug. I am confused because I am doing a much higher volume already, running 17MPW (and increasing), swimming 8K per week and I have not ridden in a couple mos but going out for a 10 miler today to shake the cobwebs.

This new plan has me starting at running 6 mi, swimming 2900 and biking 15...per week. This is a 10x per week plan (4run, 3swim, 3bike). Should I take that big of a step back or rework the plan. It is a beginner plan as I have only ever done a sprint, this is a much longer course. Perhaps I should look at a more intermediate plan? I was going to use the Don Fink plan up to the HIM section but this is a more accurate plan to my specific race so I thought it made more sense. Advice?

The problem with canned plans (or even custom plans on BT) is that they are canned. They're written for one middle of the bell curve athlete and then applied to athletes with all sorts of limiters.

Given what you've said, I would keep your run and swim volume consistent for the time and focus on building back bike volume. The bike is the key component for long course (and time on the bike will help your run). You want your bike mileage to be about 4 or 5 times your run mileage per week. For a 15 hour / week plan you're probably looking at 8 or 9 hours of biking.

The other thing you'll want to balance is volume versus intensity. Depending on your limiters you may need more pure, easy volume, or you may nee some intensity. You shouldn't crank volume and intensity at the same, it often leads to injury.

Have you done any testing to determine limiters?

That is excellent advice, exactly what I needed to hear. I like the idea of putting in 4-5x more milage on the bike than the run, I can grasp that!

I do not know anything about testing limiters, can you expand on that? I can easily assume that bike and run are my limiters...I am only up to 17mi per week on my runs (4 -5 days) and haven't been riding. I only have a mountain bike now and it weighs a ton. Yesterday I did 8 mi in 39 mins LOL.
My last two tris on a rented road bike I did averaged 16 mph. seems pretty 'limited' ;-) Everyone passing me on the bike has nice strong looking thighs. I have very slender thighs, which has got to hurt me.

Another thought on my limiters...I looked up my second tri results (bigger pool of participants) here is how I placed in my age group:
swim 12 out of 57
bike 44 out of 57
run 46 out of 56
2014-01-02 2:52 PM

User image

Pro
CyFair

Originally posted by dace I spent some time here on BT working out a custom training plan for my long course in Aug. I am confused because I am doing a much higher volume already, running 17MPW (and increasing), swimming 8K per week and I have not ridden in a couple mos but going out for a 10 miler today to shake the cobwebs. This new plan has me starting at running 6 mi, swimming 2900 and biking 15...per week. This is a 10x per week plan (4run, 3swim, 3bike). Should I take that big of a step back or rework the plan. It is a beginner plan as I have only ever done a sprint, this is a much longer course. Perhaps I should look at a more intermediate plan? I was going to use the Don Fink plan up to the HIM section but this is a more accurate plan to my specific race so I thought it made more sense. Advice?
The problem with canned plans (or even custom plans on BT) is that they are canned. They're written for one middle of the bell curve athlete and then applied to athletes with all sorts of limiters. Given what you've said, I would keep your run and swim volume consistent for the time and focus on building back bike volume. The bike is the key component for long course (and time on the bike will help your run). You want your bike mileage to be about 4 or 5 times your run mileage per week. For a 15 hour / week plan you're probably looking at 8 or 9 hours of biking. The other thing you'll want to balance is volume versus intensity. Depending on your limiters you may need more pure, easy volume, or you may nee some intensity. You shouldn't crank volume and intensity at the same, it often leads to injury. Have you done any testing to determine limiters?
That is excellent advice, exactly what I needed to hear. I like the idea of putting in 4-5x more milage on the bike than the run, I can grasp that! I do not know anything about testing limiters, can you expand on that? I can easily assume that bike and run are my limiters...I am only up to 17mi per week on my runs (4 -5 days) and haven't been riding. I only have a mountain bike now and it weighs a ton. Yesterday I did 8 mi in 39 mins LOL. My last two tris on a rented road bike I did averaged 16 mph. seems pretty 'limited' ;-) Everyone passing me on the bike has nice strong looking thighs. I have very slender thighs, which has got to hurt me.
Another thought on my limiters...I looked up my second tri results (bigger pool of participants) here is how I placed in my age group: swim 12 out of 57 bike 44 out of 57 run 46 out of 56

12th isn't bad on the swim.  What was you're pace per 100m?  Given what I know about your run it says to me that you need a lot work on the bike.  Increased bike volume will not only lead to faster bike splits, but feeling fresher when you get off the bike so faster run splits as well.

2014-01-02 2:56 PM

User image

Veteran

I spent some time here on BT working out a custom training plan for my long course in Aug. I am confused because I am doing a much higher volume already, running 17MPW (and increasing), swimming 8K per week and I have not ridden in a couple mos but going out for a 10 miler today to shake the cobwebs.

This new plan has me starting at running 6 mi, swimming 2900 and biking 15...per week. This is a 10x per week plan (4run, 3swim, 3bike). Should I take that big of a step back or rework the plan. It is a beginner plan as I have only ever done a sprint, this is a much longer course. Perhaps I should look at a more intermediate plan? I was going to use the Don Fink plan up to the HIM section but this is a more accurate plan to my specific race so I thought it made more sense. Advice?

The problem with canned plans (or even custom plans on BT) is that they are canned. They're written for one middle of the bell curve athlete and then applied to athletes with all sorts of limiters.

Given what you've said, I would keep your run and swim volume consistent for the time and focus on building back bike volume. The bike is the key component for long course (and time on the bike will help your run). You want your bike mileage to be about 4 or 5 times your run mileage per week. For a 15 hour / week plan you're probably looking at 8 or 9 hours of biking.

The other thing you'll want to balance is volume versus intensity. Depending on your limiters you may need more pure, easy volume, or you may nee some intensity. You shouldn't crank volume and intensity at the same, it often leads to injury.

Have you done any testing to determine limiters?

That is excellent advice, exactly what I needed to hear. I like the idea of putting in 4-5x more milage on the bike than the run, I can grasp that!

I do not know anything about testing limiters, can you expand on that? I can easily assume that bike and run are my limiters...I am only up to 17mi per week on my runs (4 -5 days) and haven't been riding. I only have a mountain bike now and it weighs a ton. Yesterday I did 8 mi in 39 mins LOL.
My last two tris on a rented road bike I did averaged 16 mph. seems pretty 'limited' ;-) Everyone passing me on the bike has nice strong looking thighs. I have very slender thighs, which has got to hurt me.

Another thought on my limiters...I looked up my second tri results (bigger pool of participants) here is how I placed in my age group:
swim 12 out of 57
bike 44 out of 57
run 46 out of 56

It's not the size of the legs, its the engine that drives them. I have been told that bike strength comes more from the endurance aspects of fitness vs quad strength. I have rather slender legs (aka chicken legs) too but am not too shabby of a cyclist.
2014-01-02 3:29 PM
in reply to: ccmpsyd

User image

Pro
CyFair

Originally posted by ccmpsyd
Originally posted by dace I spent some time here on BT working out a custom training plan for my long course in Aug. I am confused because I am doing a much higher volume already, running 17MPW (and increasing), swimming 8K per week and I have not ridden in a couple mos but going out for a 10 miler today to shake the cobwebs. This new plan has me starting at running 6 mi, swimming 2900 and biking 15...per week. This is a 10x per week plan (4run, 3swim, 3bike). Should I take that big of a step back or rework the plan. It is a beginner plan as I have only ever done a sprint, this is a much longer course. Perhaps I should look at a more intermediate plan? I was going to use the Don Fink plan up to the HIM section but this is a more accurate plan to my specific race so I thought it made more sense. Advice?
The problem with canned plans (or even custom plans on BT) is that they are canned. They're written for one middle of the bell curve athlete and then applied to athletes with all sorts of limiters. Given what you've said, I would keep your run and swim volume consistent for the time and focus on building back bike volume. The bike is the key component for long course (and time on the bike will help your run). You want your bike mileage to be about 4 or 5 times your run mileage per week. For a 15 hour / week plan you're probably looking at 8 or 9 hours of biking. The other thing you'll want to balance is volume versus intensity. Depending on your limiters you may need more pure, easy volume, or you may nee some intensity. You shouldn't crank volume and intensity at the same, it often leads to injury. Have you done any testing to determine limiters?
That is excellent advice, exactly what I needed to hear. I like the idea of putting in 4-5x more milage on the bike than the run, I can grasp that! I do not know anything about testing limiters, can you expand on that? I can easily assume that bike and run are my limiters...I am only up to 17mi per week on my runs (4 -5 days) and haven't been riding. I only have a mountain bike now and it weighs a ton. Yesterday I did 8 mi in 39 mins LOL. My last two tris on a rented road bike I did averaged 16 mph. seems pretty 'limited' ;-) Everyone passing me on the bike has nice strong looking thighs. I have very slender thighs, which has got to hurt me.
Another thought on my limiters...I looked up my second tri results (bigger pool of participants) here is how I placed in my age group: swim 12 out of 57 bike 44 out of 57 run 46 out of 56
It's not the size of the legs, its the engine that drives them. I have been told that bike strength comes more from the endurance aspects of fitness vs quad strength. I have rather slender legs (aka chicken legs) too but am not too shabby of a cyclist.

This is true.  For instance the power to lift weights and the power to go fast on a bike come from two different types of muscle fibers.

2014-01-02 4:03 PM
in reply to: crissy_jo

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
Originally posted by crissy_jo

Lots of people re talking about losing weight or eating better.

Here's my question -- what is your definition of eating well?

And I feel so much better when I eat healthy, highly nutritious foods. In fact I'm going to go make up a few days worth of breakfast veggie mini quiches right now.

Do you have a recipe for these?

2014-01-02 4:10 PM
in reply to: MechEChick

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
I've been off the grid here for a couple days.

I don't do resolutions but I do like how the New Year lets you reset and refocus. Plus it doesn't hurt that I started my training plan this week!

I'm going to try a vegan diet for the month of January. First, I want to see if I can. Second, I think dairy upsets my stomach and want to see if it'll help to cut it out. I normally eat fairly healthy, few processed foods, lots of veggies, etc. However, the holidays killed me with the sweets I ate (have I mentioned my sweet tooth?) and general extra snacking at my parents house.

Can anyone give me some new ideas for easy healthy snacks? My go to snacks are almonds, snap peas, apples, carrots, but I really need some fresh ideas.

Bring on 2014!
2014-01-02 4:53 PM
in reply to: kaburns1214

User image

New user
Robbinsville
Last spring I read a great "short" book on eating healthy, that was recommended by my wife's oncologist when we mentioned we could overhaul our diet. It was In Defense of Food. The main point I took from it, that has been easy to follow, was to only shop from the outside isles of the grocery store. Fruits, veggies, whole grains and meat if you eat it and some frozen fruits and veggies if you must. So my idea of helthly eating is just that, fruits, veggies whole grains and fish. No sugar, except around the holidays. I am absolutely better off for it. What I find is that I am constantly hungry while I am training now. As a result I am eating too many carbs. ie: whole brown rice or pasta Thinking I need the carbs. What I am hearing from the thread is that getting my carbs from fruits and veggies is just as good.

My morning shake is kale, celery, parsley, chia seeds, an apple, half a pomegranate, blueberries, lemon slice, strawberries and a banana with a bit of apple juice. I use the Vitamix so it comes out pretty tasty. But the carbs, now that I think about it, are almost a days worth outside of training. I am going to start tracking the diet, so I get this right. I tried the BT nutrition tracker but the options are limited. I have used My Plate before and that was pretty good. Does anyone use a site that they really like?
2014-01-02 4:56 PM
in reply to: poolgod

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
Originally posted by poolgod

Last spring I read a great "short" book on eating healthy, that was recommended by my wife's oncologist when we mentioned we could overhaul our diet. It was In Defense of Food. The main point I took from it, that has been easy to follow, was to only shop from the outside isles of the grocery store. Fruits, veggies, whole grains and meat if you eat it and some frozen fruits and veggies if you must. So my idea of helthly eating is just that, fruits, veggies whole grains and fish. No sugar, except around the holidays. I am absolutely better off for it. What I find is that I am constantly hungry while I am training now. As a result I am eating too many carbs. ie: whole brown rice or pasta Thinking I need the carbs. What I am hearing from the thread is that getting my carbs from fruits and veggies is just as good.

My morning shake is kale, celery, parsley, chia seeds, an apple, half a pomegranate, blueberries, lemon slice, strawberries and a banana with a bit of apple juice. I use the Vitamix so it comes out pretty tasty. But the carbs, now that I think about it, are almost a days worth outside of training. I am going to start tracking the diet, so I get this right. I tried the BT nutrition tracker but the options are limited. I have used My Plate before and that was pretty good. Does anyone use a site that they really like?

I use My Fitness Pal and it's not bad. And I find having the app on my phone really helpful.
2014-01-02 5:20 PM

User image

New user
Manassas, Virginia
Originally posted by MechEChick

I use My Fitness Pal and it's not bad. And I find having the app on my phone really helpful.

^^YES! I'm completely obsessed with MFP and use it religiously.

I don't believe in counting calories too much but it's nice to be more aware of how much I'm eating.
2014-01-02 7:16 PM

User image

Veteran

I don't do resolutions but I do like how the New Year lets you reset and refocus. Plus it doesn't hurt that I started my training plan this week!

I'm going to try a vegan diet for the month of January. First, I want to see if I can. Second, I think dairy upsets my stomach and want to see if it'll help to cut it out. I normally eat fairly healthy, few processed foods, lots of veggies, etc. However, the holidays killed me with the sweets I ate (have I mentioned my sweet tooth?) and general extra snacking at my parents house.

Can anyone give me some new ideas for easy healthy snacks? My go to snacks are almonds, snap peas, apples, carrots, but I really need some fresh ideas.

Bring on 2014!

Have you heard of the book Feed Zone Portables that is put out by Skratch Labs? Awesome book and philosophy on healthy eating for endurance athletes. The cookbook is full of recipes for quick healthy snacks/food for before, during and after workouts. Worth a peek.

2014-01-02 8:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Bring on 2014!

Have you heard of the book Feed Zone Portables that is put out by Skratch Labs? Awesome book and philosophy on healthy eating for endurance athletes. The cookbook is full of recipes for quick healthy snacks/food for before, during and after workouts. Worth a peek.

Chris, I just ordered this book and can't wait to get it!
2014-01-02 8:20 PM
in reply to: kaburns1214

User image

Extreme Veteran

I would echo a lot of what was already said - whole foods, no processed foods. Lots of meat, veggies, and fruits. I have been no grains, sugars, or dairy for 2+ months and I don't really miss it. I am not sure if i will be able to continue without grains as my training ramps up though. I like brown rice and oatmeal and do miss them from time to time.
2014-01-02 8:59 PM
in reply to: uhcoog

User image

Originally posted by uhcoog

12th isn't bad on the swim.  What was you're pace per 100m?  Given what I know about your run it says to me that you need a lot work on the bike.  Increased bike volume will not only lead to faster bike splits, but feeling fresher when you get off the bike so faster run splits as well.

On this tri is was only 350meters and my pace was a terrible 2.70 if I have figured it correctly...total time in the water was 9:49. Visibility was horrible, they even delayed the start and shortened the course. My first tri was an ocean swim and it was a 400 my time in the water was 9:11, 2:27 per 100.
In the pool I swim 2 min 100s. but I don't really push myself either.
2014-01-02 9:02 PM
in reply to: DDVMM

User image

Originally posted by DDVMM

I would echo a lot of what was already said - whole foods, no processed foods. Lots of meat, veggies, and fruits. I have been no grains, sugars, or dairy for 2+ months and I don't really miss it. I am not sure if i will be able to continue without grains as my training ramps up though. I like brown rice and oatmeal and do miss them from time to time.

I tend to lean on sweet potatoes, but I don't feel bad when I occasionally eat grains. Are you doing a Whole 30? or have you? I was in the middle of one when I did my first two tris...they were sprints though so it was no big deal.
2014-01-02 11:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington

Bring on 2014!

I'll have to check it out, thanks!

2014-01-03 8:28 AM

User image

Pro
CyFair

Originally posted by kaburns1214 Lots of people re talking about losing weight or eating better. Here's my question -- what is your definition of eating well?
I tend to lean on sweet potatoes, but I don't feel bad when I occasionally eat grains. Are you doing a Whole 30? or have you? I was in the middle of one when I did my first two tris...they were sprints though so it was no big deal.

Sticking to plans like the Whole 30 get tough when you get into long course tris.  Sugar is your friend.  Gels, bars, sports drink are necessary evils to get in the amount of carbs and electrolytes you need to succeed at distance.

2014-01-03 8:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by kaburns1214 Lots of people re talking about losing weight or eating better. Here's my question -- what is your definition of eating well?

Sticking to plans like the Whole 30 get tough when you get into long course tris.  Sugar is your friend.  Gels, bars, sports drink are necessary evils to get in the amount of carbs and electrolytes you need to succeed at distance.

I agree with this Scott. I did whole 30 last year in January and felt pretty good but definitely needed to add in some grains as training ramped up. I am always on a quest for the healthiest 'necessary evils' as far as the sugars go and have been happy with Huma gels and Skratch hydration. I may be crazy but I am thinking of making date paste and try that as a gel substitute.
2014-01-03 8:49 AM
in reply to: DDVMM

User image

I agree with this Scott. I did whole 30 last year in January and felt pretty good but definitely needed to add in some grains as training ramped up. I am always on a quest for the healthiest 'necessary evils' as far as the sugars go and have been happy with Huma gels and Skratch hydration. I may be crazy but I am thinking of making date paste and try that as a gel substitute.

While I love the W30 program and how it really forces you to face your relationship with food....I do agree that it is not going to cut it for the needs here. The idea of limiting the foods that jack up our bodies is still valid, although we each ned to know what those are individually. We are all different and I do not believe that one diet format works for all!
2014-01-03 8:58 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...

This is kind of where I've ended up. Gels, bars, sports drinks for training; real food for eating. I just can't get jazzed to run a marathon on dates and sweet potatoes. I want my salted caramel Gu.
2014-01-03 9:00 AM
in reply to: Dunn Right

User image

Originally posted by Dunn Right

^^YES! I'm completely obsessed with MFP and use it religiously.

I don't believe in counting calories too much but it's nice to be more aware of how much I'm eating.

Poolgod...my suggestion is Cronometer. It tracks calories in and out, and both macro and micro nutrients.

Speaking of snacks...I have found that thinking of snacks as a mini meal, include protein, fat and carb, will sustain you for longer and slow the blood sugar spike/insulin response from a carb only snack.

Raisins/dried fruit and mixed nuts
apple and almond butter
rolled up turkey with slice avo and cheese
banana and string cheese
hard boiled egg and an orange
etc

I struggle with eating in the morning. My mornings are rushed and I drink two cups of coffee (cream and sugar) it fills me up for a few hours and then I face a blood sugar crash..and I make either poor food choices OR i simply don't eat until after my morning workout, which throws off my 3 squares a day and I end up not eating enough. I really need to drop a cup or switch to one cup of tea.

2014-01-03 9:10 AM

User image

Pro
CyFair

While I love the W30 program and how it really forces you to face your relationship with food....I do agree that it is not going to cut it for the needs here. The idea of limiting the foods that jack up our bodies is still valid, although we each ned to know what those are individually. We are all different and I do not believe that one diet format works for all!

I can see how it would do that.  I've been forced to come to grips with my food issues over the past few years.  I have a very unhealthy relationship with food.  I had a pretty good grip on it until peak Ironman training coincided with the end of my wife's pregnancy.  I could eat anything and it wouldn't make a dent on my body composition.  Needless to say bad habits return fast.

2014-01-03 9:14 AM

User image

Pro
CyFair

I train at 5 AM, so I'm up at 4, out the door at 4:30 and on the move no later than 5.  I find that a good oatmeal bake is easy and filling.  The other go to breakfast for me (especially on long training days) is the muesli recipe out of the original Feed Zone cookbook.

2014-01-03 9:48 AM

User image

Lincoln, Nebraska

And I feel so much better when I eat healthy, highly nutritious foods. In fact I'm going to go make up a few days worth of breakfast veggie mini quiches right now.

Why yes, yes I do. I tend to not follow recipes very well (I improvise). They are not vegan - they have eggs and cheese, and lots of veggies. I will add in different veggies or cheese depending what I have on hand. Some times when I throw in extra veggies I'll add in a whole egg or two. But here is the basic recipe:

Ingredients
12 spray(s) cooking spray to coat muffin pan
1 package(s) spinach, frozen chopped (10 ounces)
3/4 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp, reduced-fat, shredded or Jack cheese
3/4 cup(s) egg substitute
1/4 cup(s) pepper(s), green, bell finely diced
1/4 cup(s) onion(s) finely diced
3 drop(s) red pepper sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste (you can do this after they are done baking or before)

Instructions
1 Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2 Place spinach in a microwaveable container and cook in the microwave on high power for 2 1/2 minutes. Squeeze to drain excess liquid.
3 In a large bowl, combine spinach, cheese, egg substitute, bell pepper, onion, and pepper sauce, if using. Mix well. Divide mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
4 Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

Makes 12, 2 per serving. Approximately 80 calories per serving (40 per cup).

2014-01-03 10:10 AM
in reply to: crissy_jo

User image

Veteran
Originally posted by crissy_jo

Why yes, yes I do. I tend to not follow recipes very well (I improvise). They are not vegan - they have eggs and cheese, and lots of veggies. I will add in different veggies or cheese depending what I have on hand. Some times when I throw in extra veggies I'll add in a whole egg or two. But here is the basic recipe:

Ingredients
12 spray(s) cooking spray to coat muffin pan
1 package(s) spinach, frozen chopped (10 ounces)
3/4 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp, reduced-fat, shredded or Jack cheese
3/4 cup(s) egg substitute
1/4 cup(s) pepper(s), green, bell finely diced
1/4 cup(s) onion(s) finely diced
3 drop(s) red pepper sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste (you can do this after they are done baking or before)

Instructions
1 Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2 Place spinach in a microwaveable container and cook in the microwave on high power for 2 1/2 minutes. Squeeze to drain excess liquid.
3 In a large bowl, combine spinach, cheese, egg substitute, bell pepper, onion, and pepper sauce, if using. Mix well. Divide mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
4 Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

Makes 12, 2 per serving. Approximately 80 calories per serving (40 per cup).

Nice

I make up a batch of baked eggs in muffin pans too. I slice sweet potato and/or use rice for the bottom layer, throw in an egg and bake....good pre and post workout bites.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Rss Feed  

of 29

RELATED POSTS

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 24942 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 100330 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16474 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 30260 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : June 1, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Sport and religion both celebrate group values and offer excitement. Sport and religion are grounded in disciplined practice, a devotion to a cause, and a belief in the unseen. And both require faith.

date : April 18, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Balancing the triathlete you are with your vision for the triathlete you could be.
date : November 15, 2010
author : marmadaddy
Kelly Williamson, pro triathlete, reviews her Quintana Roo CD0.1 carbon bike.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.