BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2014-05-26 8:20 AM
in reply to: badmo77a

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open
Looking Back

Originally posted by badmo77a

Goals for this week:

1) Get on a streak of workouts. Something every day this week.Did fine Tuesday to Friday. Had to work on-call this weekend and the midnight shift killed my weekend.
2) Swap out workouts to avoid the weather killing a day. Avoided the thunderstorms last week!
3) Oats for breakfast every day. No cheat meals.Quaker oats and banana for breakfast each day.

Goals for w\b 26th May

1) Workout every day this week including Sunday. 7 days of effort.
2) Plan next weeks taper before Binbrook sprint on the 7th. (plus find some child care)
3) DO some cooking tonight to make it easier to bring lunches to work.

2014-05-26 8:40 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

New user
Calgary, Alberta
Originally posted by Qua17

Goals for the Week of May 26, 2014

DQ - 1) Practice transitions for Rev 3 Quassy, 2) Lose 2 pounds, 3) Support my fellow BTers and BDAASers, 4) Have a blast this weekend

Goals: 2 Runs, 2 Swims, Bike commute to work all 5 days, long bike on the weekend, continue weight loss trend.

Edited by Jeakins 2014-05-26 8:54 AM
2014-05-26 8:45 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

New user
Calgary, Alberta
Originally posted by thor67

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

3)Find another race to enter

4)Find out David's goals for tri and place warm coors light penalty if he fails...although i think he is a closet coors light drinker... 

5)Have all fellow BDAASers post what their first tri race of the season is and if none why not?

Originally posted by Qua17 Goals for the Week of May 26, 2014 DQ - 1) Practice transitions for Rev 3 Quassy, 2) Lose 2 pounds, 3) Support my fellow BTers and BDAASers, 4) Have a blast this weekend

My first Tri race was the Airdrie, AB Try this Tri. Completed on 18-May-14. Was my frist ever Tri and looking forward to the next one. I have a busy summer planned so my goal is a sprint distance in the Innisfail Triathlon in September (http://www.innisfailtriathlon.com/index.html) I am worried about the run as I have never ran 5 km in my life so I have a way to go in the run training but I know I will get there!
2014-05-26 11:22 AM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

I see the postings lagging in comparison to previous groups. I will say that the more involved you get the more likely you are to succeed in your goals, especially if you are trying to do your first triathlon.

My question for everyone is when is you first(next) tri of the year? Location? Distance?

For me:
Heart of the Rockies  Sprint Triathlon

Invermere, BC Canada.

I have a race coming up this coming weekend. Third one of the year already. This will actually be the first of a series of three so I can compare my times and how training or lack there of will truly affect me. I am feeling good, strong, healthy and whole so this summer may be a great one!
2014-05-26 11:31 AM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
So yesterday I decided with no thought of preplanning to run 9 miles. I started slow because i knew it would be a rough one. Unfortunately in my lack of planning I had no fuel and not nearly enough water for a 90 degree noon run. Thank goodness for irrigating season, I stopped at a canal and splashed water over my head twice. I walked a lot from mile six to nine but still could run /jog. Finished with a 12:26 average mile. Last month that was my time for just one mile trying as hard as i could...I truly believe yoga strength is really making the difference.
2014-05-26 1:26 PM
in reply to: jlangene

User image

New user
Auburn, AL

Originally posted by jlangene
Originally posted by SportzVision
Originally posted by Burd

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

4)Find out David's goals for tri and place warm coors light penalty if he fails...although i think he is a closet coors light drinker... 

5)Have all fellow BDAASers post what their first tri race of the season is and if none why not?

Originally posted by Qua17 Goals for the Week of May 26, 2014 DQ - 1) Practice transitions for Rev 3 Quassy, 2) Lose 2 pounds, 3) Support my fellow BTers and BDAASers, 4) Have a blast this weekend

3 S/B/R, 3 strength, attend group ride on Saturday, plan out races for the year now that I'm running again.
Out of the four days I was at work I made lunch one of those days...soooooooo goals are similar to last week. * make lunch each day of the week * get all planned training sessions completed ~ This means, review schedule...can I really get to the pool? Or can I really not get to the pool? I think I rather do yoga so no I cannot get to the pool three times this week and do yoga. * learn to take a compliment. ~ People keep taking me by the arm, hold me out, look me up and down and compliment me on how great I am looking. I need to accept that with a smile, say thank you and give a genuine compliment or expression of kindness right back...none of this, "Oh but I have this fat here or there to lose" or worse yet, "I can do better, i am horrible at diets"...I am not on a diet I am working at something just for me and no one else and the work is paying off!
2 runs 2 bikes 2swims and hopefully start rushfit if it ever gets delivered.

podemma

1. Complete all the workouts in my plan

2. Start back tracking my food. (On Tuesday, no sense ruining the holiday)

2014-05-26 2:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by SportzVision So yesterday I decided with no thought of preplanning to run 9 miles. I started slow because i knew it would be a rough one. Unfortunately in my lack of planning I had no fuel and not nearly enough water for a 90 degree noon run. Thank goodness for irrigating season, I stopped at a canal and splashed water over my head twice. I walked a lot from mile six to nine but still could run /jog. Finished with a 12:26 average mile. Last month that was my time for just one mile trying as hard as i could...I truly believe yoga strength is really making the difference.

Inspirational! Between reading this and my 11 yr old son going for a run at 6:30 this morning, I forced myself out into the rain at lunch for a run...actually had a pretty good run!

2014-05-26 2:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

So yesterday I decided with no thought of preplanning to run 9 miles. I started slow because i knew it would be a rough one. Unfortunately in my lack of planning I had no fuel and not nearly enough water for a 90 degree noon run. Thank goodness for irrigating season, I stopped at a canal and splashed water over my head twice. I walked a lot from mile six to nine but still could run /jog. Finished with a 12:26 average mile. Last month that was my time for just one mile trying as hard as i could...I truly believe yoga strength is really making the difference.

So awesome! Sure a nice thing to hear that training is going well. Kinda sucks no water or nutrition but you got through it.
2014-05-26 3:15 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

Originally posted by SportzVision So yesterday I decided with no thought of preplanning to run 9 miles. I started slow because i knew it would be a rough one. Unfortunately in my lack of planning I had no fuel and not nearly enough water for a 90 degree noon run. Thank goodness for irrigating season, I stopped at a canal and splashed water over my head twice. I walked a lot from mile six to nine but still could run /jog. Finished with a 12:26 average mile. Last month that was my time for just one mile trying as hard as i could...I truly believe yoga strength is really making the difference.

Inspirational! Between reading this and my 11 yr old son going for a run at 6:30 this morning, I forced myself out into the rain at lunch for a run...actually had a pretty good run!

Your 11 year old just went out on his own?? Love that! And you in the rain? Awwweeesssoooomee
2014-05-26 5:07 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Champion
Calgary

I wanna start off by saying thank you once again for all the support y'all have given me since I started suffered with my bum hip back in 2012. Now, with the pain on it's way out - I'm able to get out for rides like the one I went on today. God - was it a blast to push the pace and there was no pain!

To celebrate I enjoyed a glass of chardonay... (there are times when you have to score points with the mother-in-law... Beer once she goes home!

So happy to see your bike ride updates and that the plans for the ironman are still on. The way you have approached your challenges in training and otherwise has been very.....well I find myself feeling fortunate watching you tackle your challenges.

I really hope your training goes very well this summer and am looking forward to hearing all about the big race. Enjoy the end of your sabbatical.

I think, anyone who joins this group will find all the motivation and inspiration they need.
2014-05-26 5:16 PM

User image

Expert

I see the postings lagging in comparison to previous groups. I will say that the more involved you get the more likely you are to succeed in your goals, especially if you are trying to do your first triathlon.

My question for everyone is when is you first(next) tri of the year? Location? Distance?

For me:

Invermere, BC Canada.

I had mine 2 weeks ago - a sprint in Hopkington, MA. The $hit gets real though this weekend when Charles and I team up to conquer Ironman Quassy. Looking forward to seeing how big of a bad a$$ he is in person

2014-05-26 5:31 PM
in reply to: BigDH

User image

Expert
Originally posted by BigDH

I wanna start off by saying thank you once again for all the support y'all have given me since I started suffered with my bum hip back in 2012. Now, with the pain on it's way out - I'm able to get out for rides like the one I went on today. God - was it a blast to push the pace and there was no pain!

To celebrate I enjoyed a glass of chardonay... (there are times when you have to score points with the mother-in-law... Beer once she goes home!

So happy to see your bike ride updates and that the plans for the ironman are still on. The way you have approached your challenges in training and otherwise has been very.....well I find myself feeling fortunate watching you tackle your challenges.

I really hope your training goes very well this summer and am looking forward to hearing all about the big race. Enjoy the end of your sabbatical.

I think, anyone who joins this group will find all the motivation and inspiration they need.

Thanks DH. Coming from you - that means a lot. We all have to go through the grind in our own way. The determination and fortitude you showed when you were training for your 100 mile run made and impact on me. Its what I draw from when I need to dig down deep. That and the threat of a Coors Light Penalty! 12 weeks to go to IMMT. So glad I'm on sabattical - I have no idea how people who work manage to squeeze in all the training.

Prost! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will drop in from time to time.
2014-05-26 5:38 PM

User image

Expert

And that is why you are the toughest woman on BT! 9 miles just for the fun of it in 90 degree heat.

I'm sure yoga helped - but there is a strong athlete inside you. I hope you will continue to nurture that as you continue to recover from the health issues you faces a few months ago. Congrats on the improvement! Did you have a glass of wine to celebrate?
2014-05-26 6:31 PM
in reply to: #4996400

User image

Here's hoping you guys will have me.

NAME: Luke

STORY: I started doing triathlons last year. I played varisty rugby at Carleton University and went to OFSAA in 1999 and 2000 for the 50m butterfly. I started tris for a greater challenge. Last year I did a try a try in 49:58 and a sprint in 2:15:57

FAMILY STATUS: I've been married to my wife Barbara for 3.5 yrs and have 2 boys. Noah who is two and Michael who is almost 3 months

CURRENT TRAINING: I have been just trying to be active but have really started to train more and harder

THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: Niagara Falls Barrelman 70.3 on September 21

As for beer I like to occassionally browse the beer section of the LCBO and buy anything that I haven't tried yet
2014-05-26 6:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Getting caught up...
I was soooo sore on saturday, no work out!
Sunday I spent with my son and went to NYC, Manhattan, to see some US Navy and Coast Guard ships. Very cool!
Today, 24.8 mile bike ride, avg 14.2 mph.

Very impressive with everyone's training. Great Job!
Tom
2014-05-26 7:11 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

And that is why you are the toughest woman on BT! 9 miles just for the fun of it in 90 degree heat.

I'm sure yoga helped - but there is a strong athlete inside you. I hope you will continue to nurture that as you continue to recover from the health issues you faces a few months ago. Congrats on the improvement! Did you have a glass of wine to celebrate?

Thanks for the reminder! You have to be the best encourager ever! No wine no beer...no energy to go to the store to get some.

2014-05-26 7:22 PM
in reply to: Jeakins

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by Jeakins

1)3swim/3bike/3run

2)lose 2lbs

My first Tri race was the Airdrie, AB Try this Tri. Completed on 18-May-14. Was my frist ever Tri and looking forward to the next one. I have a busy summer planned so my goal is a sprint distance in the Innisfail Triathlon in September (http://www.innisfailtriathlon.com/index.html) I am worried about the run as I have never ran 5 km in my life so I have a way to go in the run training but I know I will get there!

Congrats on completing your first tri! I always feel a little jealous when the announcer ask, as done before every race, "who's racing for the first time?" or some variation of that question. I get so excited I want to raise my hand just to be part of the group! Have a lot of fun this season !
2014-05-27 4:41 AM
in reply to: Brodzki

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Brodzki

STORY: I started doing triathlons last year. I played varisty rugby at Carleton University and went to OFSAA in 1999 and 2000 for the 50m butterfly. I started tris for a greater challenge. Last year I did a try a try in 49:58 and a sprint in 2:15:57

FAMILY STATUS: I've been married to my wife Barbara for 3.5 yrs and have 2 boys. Noah who is two and Michael who is almost 3 months

CURRENT TRAINING: I have been just trying to be active but have really started to train more and harder

As for beer I like to occassionally browse the beer section of the LCBO and buy anything that I haven't tried yet

Luke - We would love to have you! As a dad of three, I can't imagine what it's like to train for a HIM with an infant. I would be so tired from waking up every night that I might fall asleep on my bike. Good luck with your training for Barrelman - let us know how we can help!
2014-05-27 4:48 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert

Thanks for the reminder! You have to be the best encourager ever! No wine no beer...no energy to go to the store to get some.

You're welcome - but that is what the BDAAS is all about - people encouraging and supporting each other. I wouldn't be where I am today without the help of this group and I''m just paying back my debt!

Just a thought for the group as a whole - As Thor wrote in a previous post - this group is what you make it. The more you support others and cheer them on - the more they will be there for you. Everyday, I make it my goal to write at least two posts - an update on my training and one that answers a question, cheers someone on, or congratulates someone on a great workout or race. You don't have to post as much as I do - but make it you mission to write a couple of posts each week to let people know you are behind them. You can also do them by checking out their logs and leaving them an Inspire, which is a more personalized way to support people in the BDAAS.

Edited by Qua17 2014-05-27 4:55 AM
2014-05-27 4:52 AM

User image

Expert
Speaking of support - I've got an interview today for a job teaching Middle School Humanities. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer - please pray that I have a good interview. For those of you who don't - do me a favor and keep your fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone!
2014-05-27 5:22 AM

User image

OK as promised my bio:

I live in NC. I am starting my 2nd tri season. Last June I watched a HIM and thought to myself "I can do that" so I went home and signed up for 4 sprint races. I then only needed to buy a bike (which I had not done in almost 20 years) and learn to really swim. After a successful first season I had an injury ridden off season to include a stress fracture in my tib and numbness in my arm/hand (which is still there). My plan was to do a IM this October but I have decided to scale back to a HIM. I am a Police officer and up until recently got an hour at work to workout. That has changed to lifting weights only so it is affecting my r/b/s quite a bit. I also have a 5yo who is doing her first kids tri this July.

2014-05-27 7:54 AM

User image

St Catharines, Ontario

Originally posted by Brodzki

Luke - We would love to have you! As a dad of three, I can't imagine what it's like to train for a HIM with an infant. I would be so tired from waking up every night that I might fall asleep on my bike. Good luck with your training for Barrelman - let us know how we can help!

Hey Luke. I live in Niagara region and so have Barrelman and the RoseCity Triathlon on my long term radar. Hope your run training goes well, the Barrelman run course has some hills!
2014-05-27 8:39 AM

User image

Veteran
New Mexico

For me:

Invermere, BC Canada.

I am shooting for the Ute the Man sprint tri at Ute Lake Aug 2nd. This will be my first tri as I failed to get signed up last year. My training program should wrap a full week before the race, which is good because I'm not getting any runs in today. I think your stomach bug traveled online to our house the youngest and wife were sick the last couple days and the older one and I got it last night...
2014-05-27 8:46 AM
in reply to: jlangene

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Okay Jared, put your money down and sign up for the Ute the Man Tri ASAP! Make the commitment!

Just think of it as a cleansing...not being sick....

For me:

Invermere, BC Canada.

I am shooting for the Ute the Man sprint tri at Ute Lake Aug 2nd. This will be my first tri as I failed to get signed up last year. My training program should wrap a full week before the race, which is good because I'm not getting any runs in today. I think your stomach bug traveled online to our house the youngest and wife were sick the last couple days and the older one and I got it last night...

2014-05-27 8:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

Okay Jared, put your money down and sign up for the Ute the Man Tri ASAP! Make the commitment!

Just think of it as a cleansing...not being sick....

For me:

Invermere, BC Canada.

+1 what Thor said. Sign up and commit.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 51166 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Jim Kelley's (Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (Open) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 19837 Posts: 218

2014-12-22 1:14 PM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.