BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 94

2012-01-02 6:20 PM
in reply to: #3943114

User image

Master
Subject: RE: bigDH's accountability training -- closed -- good luck out there!

This week's planned training:

Monday: 30 minutes on the trainer-DONE!

Tuesday: 40 minutes on the trainer 

Wednesday: Swim and run 20 minutes

Thursday: Swim and run 30 minutes

Friday: Bike 30min-1hr (gotta stay until close at work so it depends on when I get home)

Saturday: Bike 30 min 

Sunday: Swim and run 30 minutes

2012-01-02 8:03 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
okay, confession time. No run today. First off day since American Thanksgiving. Slept in. Hung out with the family. Back to work tomorrow so will be easier to get my training in. Irony there huh?

2012-01-02 8:08 PM
in reply to: #3966966

User image

Champion
Calgary
Emmanem - 2012-01-02 5:14 PM

pdc33 - 2012-01-01 9:09 PM
kevinbe - 2012-01-01 3:13 PM

I had to cancel the long run, but was able to get a speed workout in before going to in laws for New years party.  My goal was to run an 8 min pace, and I would have been happy doing 8:10's.  I ran 4.6 miles at a 7:45.  Happy about that.

On a side note, my wife has lost 105 lbs in a little over 2 years.  I am amazed.  she started at 283, and her goal is 155.  I'm trying to catch some of what she has.  We've both been motivated by the show the biggest Loser.  Ali Vincent got her going, and I have hugely been inspired by Tera Costa.  If your a fan of people, it's a great inspiring show.

Happy new years all. 

2012 goals:

finish windermere marathon in 3:30 or better.  May

finish Troika Tri HIM.  First Tri.  August

I'm a BL fan also! And the new season starts this Tuesday! And yes, Tera Costa did Kona last year! How cool is that!

~Pauline

Biggest Loser is awesome!  I missed the last couple season's but I'll have to start watching again this season...  it may be my show to watch while on the trainer.  It's definitely a very inspiring show.

new season starts tomorrow!
2012-01-02 9:44 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

My first day of real training; swam 1600 yards and then a 40 minute easy run...very easy, ran about 3.5 miles.

I have two broken bones in my left foot though not a huge limiter, it does cause a lot of cramping in the pool.  It never hurts so bad I cannot do my training but I do need to keep it stretched and lose.  Inner thighs were pretty tight after the run too...that does not usually happen.  Lots of stretching tonight.

2012-01-03 2:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
Hey guys! First of all - Happy New Year!

Guess I'll have to do some catching up here! Wow. I have to apologize. This year hasn't started all that great for me and my friends. New Year's morning a friend of mine had a seizure and had to be taken to the hospital by helicopter. And another friend's grandma had to be taken to the hospital because her heart is giving out. So no workouts for a couple of days because we spent too much time in hospitals. Tonight I'm back on track for a swim though. Need to get all that out of my head!

2012-01-03 1:26 PM
in reply to: #3967444

User image

Champion
Calgary
kathie - 2012-01-03 1:21 AM

Hey guys! First of all - Happy New Year!

Guess I'll have to do some catching up here! Wow. I have to apologize. This year hasn't started all that great for me and my friends. New Year's morning a friend of mine had a seizure and had to be taken to the hospital by helicopter. And another friend's grandma had to be taken to the hospital because her heart is giving out. So no workouts for a couple of days because we spent too much time in hospitals. Tonight I'm back on track for a swim though. Need to get all that out of my head!

Sounds hard. Have a good swim.

2012-01-03 1:27 PM
in reply to: #3967315

User image

Champion
Calgary
SportzVision - 2012-01-02 8:44 PM

My first day of real training; swam 1600 yards and then a 40 minute easy run...very easy, ran about 3.5 miles.

I have two broken bones in my left foot though not a huge limiter, it does cause a lot of cramping in the pool.  It never hurts so bad I cannot do my training but I do need to keep it stretched and lose.  Inner thighs were pretty tight after the run too...that does not usually happen.  Lots of stretching tonight.

Doctor says it is okay to run? Which bones are broken?
2012-01-03 2:17 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
kicked it out today. Long and Hard. Good run.

Plan for the rest of the week

wed - 12k
thrus -12k
friday - 30k
saturday - 8k
sunday - 12k

Living the Dream!
2012-01-03 4:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
Ok I think I'm cursed. Tonight my neighbor got picked up by the helicopter (which landed in my backyard). Even though I did not feel motivated to go swimming after that (plus I had lots of work on my plate which I need to finish tonight) I still managed to get my fat a$$ off the couch and went swimming. Ok I know that's nothing special but it makes me proud. It's a small step in the right direction. A week ago I would have just stayed at home.
2012-01-03 6:23 PM
in reply to: #3969036

User image

Champion
Calgary
kathie - 2012-01-03 3:26 PM

Ok I think I'm cursed. Tonight my neighbor got picked up by the helicopter (which landed in my backyard). Even though I did not feel motivated to go swimming after that (plus I had lots of work on my plate which I need to finish tonight) I still managed to get my fat a$$ off the couch and went swimming. Ok I know that's nothing special but it makes me proud. It's a small step in the right direction. A week ago I would have just stayed at home.

hey great job. That is what it is about.
2012-01-03 6:43 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Woke up to 200 lbs. for only now the 3rd time in my life.  Too many barly pops after last nights hockey game?  Hmmm.  I did go back to work and have controlled eating all day today.  Looking forward to 2100 yds in the pool tomorrow, 6.2 mile run thursday and 1:35 on the spin bike Friday.  Sundays long run will happen this week.  Oh yes.  Biggest loser tonight.  I'm not even going to eat tonight while I watch it.  Something has to give.

2012-01-03 6:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Maryland
Emmanem - 2012-01-02 7:14 PM
pdc33 - 2012-01-01 9:09 PM
kevinbe - 2012-01-01 3:13 PM

I had to cancel the long run, but was able to get a speed workout in before going to in laws for New years party.  My goal was to run an 8 min pace, and I would have been happy doing 8:10's.  I ran 4.6 miles at a 7:45.  Happy about that.

On a side note, my wife has lost 105 lbs in a little over 2 years.  I am amazed.  she started at 283, and her goal is 155.  I'm trying to catch some of what she has.  We've both been motivated by the show the biggest Loser.  Ali Vincent got her going, and I have hugely been inspired by Tera Costa.  If your a fan of people, it's a great inspiring show.

Happy new years all. 

2012 goals:

finish windermere marathon in 3:30 or better.  May

finish Troika Tri HIM.  First Tri.  August

I'm a BL fan also! And the new season starts this Tuesday! And yes, Tera Costa did Kona last year! How cool is that!

~Pauline

Biggest Loser is awesome!  I missed the last couple season's but I'll have to start watching again this season...  it may be my show to watch while on the trainer.  It's definitely a very inspiring show.

Biggest Loser starts tonight! I'll be watching!

~Pauline

2012-01-03 6:57 PM
in reply to: #3968501

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
BigDH - 2012-01-03 1:27 PM
SportzVision - 2012-01-02 8:44 PM

Doctor says it is okay to run? Which bones are broken?

Broke my foot 2 and half years ago, one bone is still attached to a tendon and the other was completely broken, both are very small bones.  Orthopedic surgeon said I could have surgery if I wanted but there was no guarantee it would make it any better.  Podiatrist states that the broken bones are not what is causing me pain it is the arthritis and four bone spurs.  Motrin works wonders and I take it as needed most times.  Like I said, the pain is not too bad but the cramping really affects my swim. 

2012-01-03 7:16 PM
in reply to: #3969036

User image

Veteran
Maryland

kathie - 2012-01-03 5:26 PM Ok I think I'm cursed. Tonight my neighbor got picked up by the helicopter (which landed in my backyard). Even though I did not feel motivated to go swimming after that (plus I had lots of work on my plate which I need to finish tonight) I still managed to get my fat a$$ off the couch and went swimming. Ok I know that's nothing special but it makes me proud. It's a small step in the right direction. A week ago I would have just stayed at home.

Oh dear! So sorry to hear about all your troubles! Glad you took some time out for you, hopefully you felt a little better after you exercised.

~Pauline

2012-01-03 7:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Maryland
Got a nice three mile run in, and a workout with Glenn today at the gym.
2012-01-03 8:08 PM
in reply to: #3966362

User image

Expert
swimmindy - 2012-01-02 12:07 PM

Got back in the water today.  1000 yds in 20 minutes, kept the strokes long and didn't push it.  Still don't have an inhaler or a doc's appt, everyone's off today! 

The scale was nicer to me this morning.  Managed to lose almost a pound over the New Year's weekend.  Back on my healthy "diet" meaning more veggies and less chocolate.

Melinda - Congrats on the weight loss!  Keep it up!!! 

2012-01-03 8:14 PM

User image

Expert

~Pauline

Emmanem and Pauline - 

I too am a huge fan of BL and have decided to use it, along with beer, to motivate me.  So, I took your alls suggestion and decided that I will only watch it while I'm on the trainer of the treadmill.  

Have a great week!

DQ

2012-01-03 8:24 PM

User image

Expert

Hi all:

A bit of an up and down day today.  This morning I officially joined the YMCA and hit the pool (350 yards - the fact that some of you are swimming more than a thousand yards is really outstanding) and did some aqua jogging.  That was the good.  On Monday, I snapped a tendon on my right index finger and was told by a doctor today that I wouldn't be able to bike or swim for the next 6 weeks while it heals.  That was the bad. 

After getting pissed, I decided that I would hop off the spin bike and use the recumbent instead.  And we'll just have to see what the hand doctor says on Thursday.

Hope everyone enjoyed BL.  Nite!

DQ

2012-01-03 9:36 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
The fact that Terra beat my IM time really irks me. I know it shouldn't bit man it bites. Good for her. Will give me some motivation when I get back to IM training in a couple years.
2012-01-03 9:37 PM
in reply to: #3969543

User image

Qua17 - 2012-01-03 3:24 AM

Hi all:

A bit of an up and down day today.  This morning I officially joined the YMCA and hit the pool (350 yards - the fact that some of you are swimming .....  On Monday, I snapped a tendon on my right index finger and was told by a doctor today that I wouldn't be able to bike or swim for the next 6 weeks while it heals.  That was the bad.

DQ

keep swimming it will come with time in the water... and SLOW DOWN, if you feel like you are moving forward you are going too fast when you first start... you can do 400 if you want to... just go slow... hell you can swim a mile if you were stranded in the ocean or more :p

Keep biking and swimming... just  "buddy tape" the finger for support and it will be fine.  Dont let the doctor give you a reason to not complete your work outs... unless it is something major... but a broken finger, ligament, tendon... all just need buddy taped and you will be blasting out our workouts again!!!!  

Keep at it!

2012-01-03 11:34 PM
in reply to: #3969543

User image

Qua17 - 2012-01-03 9:24 PM

Hi all:

A bit of an up and down day today.  This morning I officially joined the YMCA and hit the pool (350 yards - the fact that some of you are swimming more than a thousand yards is really outstanding) and did some aqua jogging.  That was the good.  On Monday, I snapped a tendon on my right index finger and was told by a doctor today that I wouldn't be able to bike or swim for the next 6 weeks while it heals.  That was the bad. 

After getting pissed, I decided that I would hop off the spin bike and use the recumbent instead.  And we'll just have to see what the hand doctor says on Thursday.

Hope everyone enjoyed BL.  Nite!

DQ

Ouch!  Hope the finger isn't in too much pain.

I've been swimming competitively since I was 13 and would average between 5000-6000 yards during regular season and about 8000-10,000 a practice during hell week (which is totally a misnomer).  I took about a year and half off and when I got back in I could barely finish a 100 without stopping.  It's all about building up endurance and cardio.

If you push too far too fast you'll most likely start getting pain in your shoulders.  It's not all that natural for us to have our arms above our heads, pulling our bodies through water.  So make sure your also adding technique work so you don't wear out your shoulders.  My shoulders actually feel better now then they ever have and I've dislocated the right one a couple times.

2012-01-04 6:36 AM

User image

Regular
Bronx

Hey guys!

DQ - ouch! I love your perseverance, though.

Darren - hey, Costa didn't break her ankle. That'll speed you up.

Melinda - can you do a little forum swim seminar? That would be awesome. The swim is definitely my weakest event, but I think it's more about freaking out in my wetsuit / OWS than actual swimming that's the problem. Not that I'm a great swimmer, but I don't freak out in the pool like I do sometimes halfway through a race.

OK, got up at 5 this morning but sat around with coffee for a long time and didn't actually leave the house till 6, then got stuck waiting for a drawbridge on my way to the Y pool. Still made it there but only got in a very short swim and no weights. Nevertheless, I'm proud of my whopping 500 yards because 1) I've only been to the pool 1 time since my A race last season, last weekend in August; 2) I was really sleepy; 3) It's 16 degrees this morning. I did NOT want to leave the house! Now, I have that new-swimmer-jello-arm thing happening, which actually feels awesome because I know I did something, if that makes any sense.

That's why I think this is such a good group - I left the house because I told someone I was going to swim today, SO I HAD TO SWIM TODAY! Hope everybody has a great day!

2012-01-04 8:11 AM

User image

Champion
Calgary
Katie, I wish I had a broken ankle to blame, I believe you are thinking of Chris.

Good on you for getting out there this morning. Nothing beats a morning workout knowing that you have got it done for the day.
2012-01-04 8:25 AM
in reply to: #3969947

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
katieduffy - 2012-01-04 5:36 AM

Hey guys!

DQ - ouch! I love your perseverance, though.

Darren - hey, Costa didn't break her ankle. That'll speed you up.

Melinda - can you do a little forum swim seminar? That would be awesome. The swim is definitely my weakest event, but I think it's more about freaking out in my wetsuit / OWS than actual swimming that's the problem. Not that I'm a great swimmer, but I don't freak out in the pool like I do sometimes halfway through a race.

OK, got up at 5 this morning but sat around with coffee for a long time and didn't actually leave the house till 6, then got stuck waiting for a drawbridge on my way to the Y pool. Still made it there but only got in a very short swim and no weights. Nevertheless, I'm proud of my whopping 500 yards because 1) I've only been to the pool 1 time since my A race last season, last weekend in August; 2) I was really sleepy; 3) It's 16 degrees this morning. I did NOT want to leave the house! Now, I have that new-swimmer-jello-arm thing happening, which actually feels awesome because I know I did something, if that makes any sense.

That's why I think this is such a good group - I left the house because I told someone I was going to swim today, SO I HAD TO SWIM TODAY! Hope everybody has a great day!

Good job Katie! I too did the early morning workout today. I prefer morning workouts...after I am finished them!Smile

Tweaked my back playing hockey Monday but felt better this morning. All systems go. Going to try get on the trainer for quick bike this afternoon.

Cheers everyone!

2012-01-04 9:10 AM
in reply to: #3968498

User image

Champion
Calgary
Alright folks, here is our team table. Please hit quote. Then copy the HTML into your dashboard through the settings tab at the top of the screen. Then it will show up in your blog. Check in on each other often. Shoot some inspires each others way. Keep things going. Keep yourself accountable. Keep everyone accountable.

I apologize for the formatting. I have no real html skills, so I do my best.

Accountability Training

Darren
Andy

Edited by BigDH 2012-01-04 9:12 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  

of 94