BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 119

2012-12-24 7:51 PM
in reply to: #4546770

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
Subject: RE: Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed

dmiller5 - 2012-12-24 10:44 AM Got a swimming question.  Last year I was way too aggressive with my swimming and tried to go from 2 months off to 3000-4000 yard killer workouts 3x a week. Hurt my shoulder and it lingered almost the whole year.  What approach do you use to build your swimming volume?

If you have taken that long off I would suggest getting some lower volume WO's in for a couple of weeks.  Something progressive like a couple of 2000 yard WO's that have you doing mostly easy swims with a few moderate efforts late in the WO.  The efforts should be just to get back into the swing of things rather than trying to maintain an effort you had been able to perform prior to the layoff.  You could do some drilling to get your arms back and to check your form.

After a couple of weeks at 2000's you will likely be able to get back to the 3000 yard weeks but keep the efforts low for another couple of weeks.  After a month of allowing your body to get re-acclimated to swimming you can begin to throw in some harder efforts and start getting your base back up to where you desire.

One last thought.  What kind of shoulder problems were you having?  My question relates to your hand position primarily.  Such as how your hand enters the water at the beginning of your stroke.  Is it flat or rotated thumb down?  If you over rotate your hand (thumb down) you are creating rotational stress to your shoulder.

2012-12-24 8:15 PM
in reply to: #4547126

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
jenbmosley - 2012-12-24 5:23 PM

I just wanted to mention one thing about swimming. I had my husband take videos of me in the pool a few times. I used my cell phone. He walked along the side of the pool and recorded me swimming. Then, we put the phone in an airtight Ziploc bag and he swam next to me and recorded me under water. I cannot tell you how helpful it is to see yourself swim. I highly recommend it. I think you can post a video of you swimming on BT and have your form analyzed as well. Can anyone else confirm?

This was going to be my suggestion to everyone.  It seems that we have a number of people looking to make their swim better or they simply stated it was really weak.  If memory serves me correctly this was the same thing we did at the beginning of the last 2 sessions.

With everyone looking to better their swim, including me, make an attempt to have someone take a video of you during an upcoming swim.  Try to make the swim at least 100 yards in length and if possible try to include some underwater footage.  The underwater footage will be the most valuable to get a stroke assessment.  I have been planning to get my oldest daughter to the pool (if she'll actually go) over the holiday break and let her get some video of me.

Here are 2 video' taken about 9 months ago toward the end of the Spring mentor group.  I had a couple of local Junkies at the pool with me and I was trying to help them with some of their own stroke questions and one of them took the video's.  Neither of the videos have the underwater view that I am going to attempt to get this week some time.

End view

Side view

Edited by DirkP 2012-12-24 8:16 PM
2012-12-25 5:29 AM
in reply to: #4542598

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Merry Christmas to all the Junkies!
2012-12-25 5:38 AM
in reply to: #4547401

User image

Veteran
Cairo, GA
KWDreamun - 2012-12-25 6:29 AMMerry Christmas to all the Junkies!
Merry Christmas!!!!
2012-12-25 6:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
My sons girlfriend Maria and her daughter Gabi slept here last night, Maria's family celebrates on Christmas eve, so we have a 4 year old this morning, I am like a little kid waiting for her to get up and see her excitement when she see the note that Santa left with all of her presents.
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!
2012-12-25 6:30 AM
in reply to: #4547410

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
Merry Christmas to all the Junkies!

2012-12-25 6:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Jen, I used to panic when racing too it took quite a few races but I am finally at ease owsing. I guess what Iam saying iis the more you do it the better you will feel escpecially if you can remember to tell yourself to relax and breath. You will get it!!
And I think that is awesome that you are starting a running group for Moms.

Jackie, great goals, I just noticed your re from Vegas, my daughters friend asked her to do a tri in Vegas this year (she has never done a tri but she is an amazing runner) and then I was asked to go by default anyway if we find one we will have to meet up.

Matt I like the idea of putting your goals on your phone!

My Goals:
This is honestly a tough one I know what I should do after last years failure, but what I want to do are two different things so with a lot of thought....here they are.

1. Loose 12-15 pounds
2. Cut out as much sugar as possible, this will make #1 much easier. I love sugar.
3. Focus on my biking & running to get stronger and faster.
4. Finish the Wisconsin Marathon 2:15
5. Hubby said its a go... So Finish Syracuse 70.3 ( Iam not sure I want to put a time to this) but.... 7:30 or under would make me happy.
6. Make sure I can learn everything I can about proper training and nutrition, and how to change a bike tire.
7. Working on my gratitude journal everyday! And give myself some relaxation time away from work and training.

2012-12-25 6:48 AM
in reply to: #4546664

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
DirkP - 2012-12-24 8:10 AM

Jo63 - 2012-12-23 10:43 PM . I am trying to put a plan together and I have 3 plans I am trying to combine...a 12 week winter mantainenece, a 1/2 marathon and jorges winter cycling...so my question is Should I just focus on the 1/2marathon and the cylcling and throw in some swimmimg 2-3 times a week? I think if I spent the time training instead of sitting here trying to figure out a plan I would be way better off.

In short, yes.  Just get to work. Wink

But the longer answer would be, for you, don't over extend yourself.  You had some trying times last season with all of the training you were doing and I would not want you to head toward burn out again.  You've got 5.5 months to get ready for Syracuse so there is no need to rush. 

My suggestions:

• Get 3 bikes a week in on Jorge's plan and try to get the long ride in as one of them. 
  • Run 3x a week right now and slowly build the mileage up to what you would like to see.  
  • Swim twice a week and pick up the third one when you feel good about the amount of time you have available.  you can pick up a third swim a week as late as April and have plenty of time to get more volume in.
If you feel like you need more swimming then feel free to add that third one earlier but don't stress about it.  One of my concerns for you is the strength training you are adding right now.  If you continue to add all of the tri related work out's you may get stressed about all the time you have put into training and I don't want you to do that.  For the most part your training should be a stress reliever NOT a stress inducer.

This helped a lot I feel I can organize now and get myself back on track, as far as the strength training, even though they are challenging, I look forward to doing them, I used to do a boot camp where we had to run hills with tires over our heads for example and to me, this is fun!
2012-12-25 9:53 AM

User image

NH
Merry Christmas Junkies!  Stay safe and have a healthy year.
2012-12-25 10:05 AM
in reply to: #4546711

User image

NH
jenbmosley - 2012-12-24 9:57 AM.

Note- In my second Sprint last year I took first in my age group, which has qualified me for Age Group Nationals in Olympic Distance, which is in Milwaukee in August 2013. I am hoping that this group will help give me some guidance on whether or not to go for it. Is this a rare opportunity? Will I qualify again and should I just wait till I have my swimming under better control? Or, will I regret if I don't try? I do have 8 months or so to work on my swim. Of course the cost to go there is the very first issue and excuse to not do it. I will definitely be pondering this issue over the next 6 weeks since registration opens 2.1.2013 and I am sure it will fill up fast.  

If this race fits your schedule, I say go for it.  It's rare in that I believe you have to podium to qualify for the Olympic race.  The sprint version (which was in VT the last 2 years meaning I could have driven) was open.  I wanted to do it but the race was the same weekend as my A race the past two years.

It is always fun to race with and be around so many of the fast folks.  Not that there was any contact with them, it was really fun to see the premier 70.3 athletes in the world at Timberman last year.  Gambles passed me coming back on the bike and he was absolutely flying on his way to a 2:07 something.

2012-12-25 10:15 AM

User image

Elite
far northern CA
Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope you all have a fabulous day! Kiss

2012-12-25 10:20 AM
in reply to: #4546711

User image

Expert
MI
jenbmosley - 2012-12-24 9:57 AM

Note- In my second Sprint last year I took first in my age group, which has qualified me for Age Group Nationals in Olympic Distance, which is in Milwaukee in August 2013. I am hoping that this group will help give me some guidance on whether or not to go for it. Is this a rare opportunity? Will I qualify again and should I just wait till I have my swimming under better control? Or, will I regret if I don't try? I do have 8 months or so to work on my swim. Of course the cost to go there is the very first issue and excuse to not do it. I will definitely be pondering this issue over the next 6 weeks since registration opens 2.1.2013 and I am sure it will fill up fast.  

Jen, if it's something you want to experience, I say go for it!!!  (Of course if you decide you can set aside the time and money.)  Qualifying for AG nationals might not necessarily be a "rare" opportunity for you, because you might qualify again, but still, you never know what's going to happen in the future- both in your personal life, and they might also change qualification standards with nationals gaining popularity... so if this is something that does spark your interest, and life will allow for it now, I say go for it now!

I know where you are coming from.  I qualified for sprint worlds last year at age group sprint nationals (the field was a bit weaker than the olympic distance ), and there is a part of me that says well who knows if I'll ever get this chance again!  From everything I've read, being a part of Team USA sounds amazing (plus the course is going to take place at the same triathlon venue as London Olympics 2012 passing by some historic sites), and my life situation at the time will allow it; who knows if I'll qualify again, or if I do, if I'll be in a position to be able to go, etc.  (or if it'll be at an awesome location Laughing)  Plus I tell myself I have expensive hobbies - travel and triathlon - so it's always good when I can put them together. Laughing

2012-12-25 10:43 AM
in reply to: #4547419

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV

Jo63 - 2012-12-25 6:40 AM Jen, I used to panic when racing too it took quite a few races but I am finally at ease owsing. I guess what Iam saying iis the more you do it the better you will feel escpecially if you can remember to tell yourself to relax and breath. You will get it!! And I think that is awesome that you are starting a running group for Moms. Jackie, great goals, I just noticed your re from Vegas, my daughters friend asked her to do a tri in Vegas this year (she has never done a tri but she is an amazing runner) and then I was asked to go by default anyway if we find one we will have to meet up. Matt I like the idea of putting your goals on your phone! My Goals: This is honestly a tough one I know what I should do after last years failure, but what I want to do are two different things so with a lot of thought....here they are. 1. Loose 12-15 pounds 2. Cut out as much sugar as possible, this will make #1 much easier. I love sugar. 3. Focus on my biking & running to get stronger and faster. 4. Finish the Wisconsin Marathon 2:15 5. Hubby said its a go... So Finish Syracuse 70.3 ( Iam not sure I want to put a time to this) but.... 7:30 or under would make me happy. 6. Make sure I can learn everything I can about proper training and nutrition, and how to change a bike tire. 7. Working on my gratitude journal everyday! And give myself some relaxation time away from work and training.

Jo- Since it's so hot here in the summer, our local tris are in the spring and fall. We have Rage in the Sage and Irongirl in April/May and Pumpkinman in Oct. Let me know if you are in the area. I might be doing Pumpkinman in Oct.

Merry Christams everyone!

2012-12-25 11:58 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas Day. I hope you all get to spend the day with your loved ones and I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day.
2012-12-25 12:09 PM
in reply to: #4547115

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
jenbmosley - 2012-12-24 5:12 PM
strikyr - 2012-12-24 1:04 PM
KWDreamun - 2012-12-24 10:26 AM

I had the opportunity to meet up and swim with Jennifer today.  She is the 1st junkie I have met.  She can swim, and swim and swim and swim!!!   If I could swim like her, I'd be on Cloud 9!!! Glad she is in the group as she will be an asset to the Junkies. 

I'm inviting all the Junkies to come down to N. FL, we are having a 1/2 marathon and full marathon Feb 3 in Tallahassee and our 1st tri of the year March 30, RedHills, but it closes REAL fast, only allowing 300 people due to traffic control and permitting.

Karl and Jen that is awesome. I have had the great fortune of meeting other BT'ers and training with them especially doing my OWS with them and my prep training for my HIM last season. That wound up being tremendously helpful to me and hopefully it will be the same for you both.

Jen do you get nervous before you swim or is your issue just trying to get relaxed while you swim? I have an issue with both. Either I'm nervous before I go to the pool or I just can't get relaxed at times while swimming at the pool. The funny thing is when I do OWS I don't have any issues with that I am usually not nervous and pretty relaxed. Now before a race I am usually nervous but once I get going I settle in and I don't have problems with it.

It sounds like you can swim pretty well and if that is the case then doing the Olympic or the HIM should not be an issue for you. I struggled with this and had very little confidence in my swimming last season. I got together with other BT'ers and triathletes from a multisports club and started doing OWS with them. It greatly improved my confidence and swimming. I was able to complete both the Olympic and the HIM distances last season and I am not a what you would call a good swimmer although I am working to improve. I will say if I can do you certainly can too.

Tony-

I am totally fine during pool workouts. In fact - a little too relaxed. My husband stopped by the pool a couple months back and watched me swim (he was hitting the weights at the Y while I was swimming laps). He said that I look great, but that I am very slow. He's no expert so I am sure there are several things I can work on when it comes to form. That's when I started working on pulling faster and as I pull faster, I am digging less and noticing that I am swimming more efficiently.

I grew up  with a surfing family and spent many years body boarding in the Pacific Ocean and have even body surfed in Hawaii where beginners should not swim.

My first Sprint last year was the FIRST time I had ever swam in a lake. The weather was not cooperating - raining and windy.The women swam after all the men, including Clydes and any other special needs. I was doing great on the swim till I rounded the first buoy and had to swim by men that were struggling. There was one gentleman in particular that needed to be rescued and I had to swim by him - I remember him looking at me and begging for help - the lifeguard was about 25' away and making his way toward the swimmer. I knew I should not help the swimmer cause he would've just pulled me under - a lesson learned from years of swimming in the ocean.

That experience carried over into the next Sprint. The three months in between the tri's I spent way more time in the pool (4, sometimes 5x a week) and my biking suffered. IN the next Sprint, I really concentrated on staying clam, but somethin happened when I hit the water.... I panicked, got short of breath, couldn't control my breathing, started screaming at myself in my head as the women in the front of the pack got further and further away. Then I got mad at myself for getting mad about that - Sheesh - I can't believe the gamut of emotions I went through during those 15 minutes. I spent most of the swim breast stroke or on my back and never did think about relaxing one time.

Thanks for the support - I am hoping to do some OWS with Karl when the temps get warmer. This is something I NEED to get over if I am going to go for a longer distance.

Jen I'm sorry to hearing about the bad experience in the first OWS. I think you will be fine with the Olympic and HIM distance because you can swim. I would say you should try and get as many OWS in as you can though. I was able to do that with some experienced triathletes last season and I can't tell you how much that helped my confidence and my swimming. The more I did it the more comfortable I got and to be honest I'd rather swim out at the lake with the awesome scenary then in the pool. Having a group of people to swim with is a plus too, safety in numbers.

2012-12-25 12:29 PM
in reply to: #4547419

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY

Jo63 - 2012-12-25 7:40 AM Jen, I used to panic when racing too it took quite a few races but I am finally at ease owsing. I guess what Iam saying iis the more you do it the better you will feel escpecially if you can remember to tell yourself to relax and breath. You will get it!! And I think that is awesome that you are starting a running group for Moms. Jackie, great goals, I just noticed your re from Vegas, my daughters friend asked her to do a tri in Vegas this year (she has never done a tri but she is an amazing runner) and then I was asked to go by default anyway if we find one we will have to meet up. Matt I like the idea of putting your goals on your phone! My Goals: This is honestly a tough one I know what I should do after last years failure, but what I want to do are two different things so with a lot of thought....here they are. 1. Loose 12-15 pounds 2. Cut out as much sugar as possible, this will make #1 much easier. I love sugar. 3. Focus on my biking & running to get stronger and faster. 4. Finish the Wisconsin Marathon 2:15 5. Hubby said its a go... So Finish Syracuse 70.3 ( Iam not sure I want to put a time to this) but.... 7:30 or under would make me happy. 6. Make sure I can learn everything I can about proper training and nutrition, and how to change a bike tire. 7. Working on my gratitude journal everyday! And give myself some relaxation time away from work and training.

JoAnne you shouldn't consider last year a failure, it should be considered a learning experience IMHO. There are no guarantees in finishing an IM and it's even tougher to do it when you're sick. You should be proud of your effort and carry that over for your motivation this year. I'm glad to hear you will be doing Syracuse I am looking forward to seeing you there with the rest of the BT'ers who will be there.

2012-12-25 12:35 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
I can see by reading everyone's goals that we have a highly motivated group of athletes here. I can see I am going to be very motivated by everyone to do well this year. I'm already amped up and I can't wait to get this season under way but first I gotta take on another Jorge session on the bike and trainer today because I want to eat a very large portion of lasanga and I am going to have dessert guilt free today Smile
2012-12-25 12:40 PM
in reply to: #4547594

User image

Expert
MI
strikyr - 2012-12-25 1:29 PM

Jo63 - 2012-12-25 7:40 AM Jen, I used to panic when racing too it took quite a few races but I am finally at ease owsing. I guess what Iam saying iis the more you do it the better you will feel escpecially if you can remember to tell yourself to relax and breath. You will get it!! And I think that is awesome that you are starting a running group for Moms. Jackie, great goals, I just noticed your re from Vegas, my daughters friend asked her to do a tri in Vegas this year (she has never done a tri but she is an amazing runner) and then I was asked to go by default anyway if we find one we will have to meet up. Matt I like the idea of putting your goals on your phone! My Goals: This is honestly a tough one I know what I should do after last years failure, but what I want to do are two different things so with a lot of thought....here they are. 1. Loose 12-15 pounds 2. Cut out as much sugar as possible, this will make #1 much easier. I love sugar. 3. Focus on my biking & running to get stronger and faster. 4. Finish the Wisconsin Marathon 2:15 5. Hubby said its a go... So Finish Syracuse 70.3 ( Iam not sure I want to put a time to this) but.... 7:30 or under would make me happy. 6. Make sure I can learn everything I can about proper training and nutrition, and how to change a bike tire. 7. Working on my gratitude journal everyday! And give myself some relaxation time away from work and training.

JoAnne you shouldn't consider last year a failure, it should be considered a learning experience IMHO. There are no guarantees in finishing an IM and it's even tougher to do it when you're sick. You should be proud of your effort and carry that over for your motivation this year. I'm glad to hear you will be doing Syracuse I am looking forward to seeing you there with the rest of the BT'ers who will be there.

True that, for sure!!!  Jo, you've even acknowledged that you've learned a lot from it, and you most certainly can't call it a failure! You will be able to use that experience to build a stronger 2013! Despite everything leading up to the IM, you kept on pressing on!  (And here you are today, despite everything from 2012!)  I am also excited to hear that you'll be doing the same race as Tony!

2012-12-25 2:55 PM

User image

Michigan
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy, healthy, Merry Christmas!  For me, it's a low-key day at home with family, so I was lucky enough to squeeze in a quick, beautiful white Christmas run this afternoon, and hit the weights a little bit.  Eric
2012-12-25 6:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Quick check in to wish all the junkies a merry Christmas! I hope the time was spent with family and loved ones! I finished all my gatherings early and was able to get a 7 mile run in,
2012-12-26 5:41 AM

User image

Expert
Tallahassee

Wow the Junkies were busy on Christmas day...lol

I'll be out of town for a few days, so I expect to have a hard time catching up w/ everyone's post when I get back.

Those of ya'll still traveling, be careful and enjoy your time with your families.

2012-12-26 5:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Jackie, I will definetly let you know what we decide to do.
Jen, i say go for it.... I live about 10 min from Milwaukee, do you know where they will be having it? And just throwing it out there you are welcome to stay with us. Now that the kids are gone we have 3 extra rooms or you could tent in the back yard .......and know I will be there to cheer you on if you decide to do it!

What an amazing Christmas, everyone came for breakfast and stayed all day and we did dinner too, i am happy they all do Christams eve with their sig others families so they can spend so much time with us, nothing makes me happier.
I have a strength training session today and am going to get a ride in.
2012-12-26 6:00 AM
in reply to: #4547980

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
KWDreamun - 2012-12-26 5:41 AM

Wow the Junkies were busy on Christmas day...lol

I'll be out of town for a few days, so I expect to have a hard time catching up w/ everyone's post when I get back.

Those of ya'll still traveling, be careful and enjoy your time with your families.

Have a great trip!
2012-12-26 10:12 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, man all I can say is I ate way too much but thankfully I did not do too much damage. I will be heading to the pool for an hour this afternoon and then another Jorge WCP workout this evening. Should be at the pool now but I just couldn't get myself moving this morning.
2012-12-26 11:44 AM
in reply to: #4547104

User image

Veteran
Cairo, GA
pistuo - 2012-12-24 4:49 PM

Jen- if you've got the time and money, I say go for it!  

Thanks for the support Will. I am still teetering back and forth, and appreciate the support from my fellow comrades. 

Jo63 - 2012-12-25 7:40 AM

Jen, I used to panic when racing too it took quite a few races but I am finally at ease owsing. I guess what Iam saying iis the more you do it the better you will feel escpecially if you can remember to tell yourself to relax and breath. You will get it!! And I think that is awesome that you are starting a running group for Moms. 

Jo63 - 2012-12-26 6:59 AM 

Jen, i say go for it.... I live about 10 min from Milwaukee, do you know where they will be having it? And just throwing it out there you are welcome to stay with us. Now that the kids are gone we have 3 extra rooms or you could tent in the back yard .......and know I will be there to cheer you on if you decide to do it! What an amazing Christmas, everyone came for breakfast and stayed all day and we did dinner too, i am happy they all do Christams eve with their sig others families so they can spend so much time with us, nothing makes me happier. I have a strength training session today and am going to get a ride in.

Joanne- Glad to know I am not alone in this area. I am starting to think I might need to do some pre-race adrenaline burning activities to take the edge off. And, I totally love sugar too and salty potato chips; I have will power against many things, but I always fall victim to tasty and salty potato chips. Thans for the offer on a room- I will most likely take you up on that offer if I decide to go for it. Glad to hear you had an amazing and house-filled Christmas -those kinds always make the best memories.

If this race fits your schedule, I say go for it.  It's rare in that I believe you have to podium to qualify for the Olympic race.  The sprint version (which was in VT the last 2 years meaning I could have driven) was open.  I wanted to do it but the race was the same weekend as my A race the past two years.

It is always fun to race with and be around so many of the fast folks.  Not that there was any contact with them, it was really fun to see the premier 70.3 athletes in the world at Timberman last year.  Gambles passed me coming back on the bike and he was absolutely flying on his way to a 2:07 something.

Warren- I didn't believe it when I qualified, but I checked, double checked adn triple checked and did indeed qualify. I appreciate the insight about being around faster athletes. That is a big element in my mind right now. Considering I am only going into my second season of triathlon, I am still building endurance and won't really be working on speed. I am hoping to get into some speed work in the summer as I focus on two late Fall Tri's. 

michgirlsk - 2012-12-25 11:20 AM

Jen, if it's something you want to experience, I say go for it!!!  (Of course if you decide you can set aside the time and money.)  Qualifying for AG nationals might not necessarily be a "rare" opportunity for you, because you might qualify again, but still, you never know what's going to happen in the future- both in your personal life, and they might also change qualification standards with nationals gaining popularity... so if this is something that does spark your interest, and life will allow for it now, I say go for it now!

I know where you are coming from.  I qualified for sprint worlds last year at age group sprint nationals (the field was a bit weaker than the olympic distance ), and there is a part of me that says well who knows if I'll ever get this chance again!  From everything I've read, being a part of Team USA sounds amazing (plus the course is going to take place at the same triathlon venue as London Olympics 2012 passing by some historic sites), and my life situation at the time will allow it; who knows if I'll qualify again, or if I do, if I'll be in a position to be able to go, etc.  (or if it'll be at an awesome location Laughing)  Plus I tell myself I have expensive hobbies - travel and triathlon - so it's always good when I can put them together. Laughing

Samatha - I feel like you are reading my mind. One hour of the day I am totally gun-ho to do it... then, a few hours later I am totally talking myself out of it, almost laughing at myself like there is no way that I qualified. I realize that this may be a "rare" opportunity and it might not be. I guess I really need to evaluate the cost, to consider what type of experience it will be, and how will I feel if I looked back on 2013 and didn't seize the chance. I got burned out in my 4th season as a semi-pro snowboarder; I loved the back country aspect and halfpipe-- not the bordercross (which is what I competed in). I entered races to represent my sponsors. After my 4th season I walked away from the sport completely. I don't want that to happen with triathlon. I love the sport right now and want to keep it that way. But, there is still a competitor in me.    

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Spring 2013 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 119