BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guy/Girls Tri--Masters Sprint/Olympic Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 37

2013-05-20 11:56 AM
in reply to: b2run

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Subject: RE: Gray Guy/Girls Tri--Masters Sprint/Olympic Mentor Group Open
Originally posted by b2run

Well, I did my first lake swim of the year. Here in Northern Ontario, it's still pretty cold. I wore my wetsuit and latex gloves on my hands. My feet were cold. Is there anything I could wear on my feet that wouldn't impede their naturally movement?
P.S. Our black lab wouldn't even go in, even when she saw a beaver swimming by!!

Do you have to cut a hole in the ice to get in the lake? Brrr. You are a dedicated athlete!

Steve

2013-05-20 12:11 PM
in reply to: Bull

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Subject: RE: Gray Guy/Girls Tri--Masters Sprint/Olympic Mentor Group CLOSED
Originally posted by Bull

Ran my 3rd tri of the season yesterday, Washington, NC sprint and was my first open water swim. I've been training very hard lately to the point I may have over trained. With the exception of the swim, which were PR for me (not saying much swimming is my weakest par). Performance in the bike and run were disappointing for me. Bike was a little faster than normal for me, run was dismal. I simply ran out of gas!!!! My total time was 1:54:03, 3rd in my AG. Where i finish isn't as important to me as my times and improvement. However, up until now, it's been cool. Yesterday it was hot and humid. Temp at race start was 74, at finish it was 82 and the humidity was brutal. This was a flat course and my goal was to PR. I gave it my best shot and ran out of gas. One thing i know for sure is i have to get a new bike. I'm riding on a cheapo road bike, and i don't know if it's the way it's geared or not, but i pedal my a** off and can't seem to keep up.

Wow! Third in your age group...congratulations! Good job. Don't be so hard on yourself.
2013-05-20 12:13 PM
in reply to: lutzman

User image

Regular
Subject: Monday Monday
Hey everyone--I hope you had a great weekend and were able to hit your training goals.

I got my training in...for the most part...with only a few hiccups. Since I was travelling last week until Friday, it was all run/bike and there was no swimming. I was out of the pool for 8 days straight. So, Friday night I was back and the pool feeling fresh. But I was completely shot at the end of the workout.

Saturday was my long run for the week. I felt old and slow at the start. That went away as I ran and I was able to pick up the pace through the end and had a pretty good run. I've got a 10.5 mile loop that I run on Saturdays and it was a beautiful day.d I followed that with 2,000 yards in the pool, but post run fatigue limited the workout. Sunday I went out for 50 miles on my bike. I tried to stay aero as much as possible, but that low profile "head up" position just kills my neck. So, i got the workout in, but not nearly as much "in position" work as I hoped. After that on Sunday afternoon I hiked Sauer Mtn. with my wife and son. It's about a 5.5 mile hike with 2,500 feet of vertical gain. Beautiful day! Needless to say, by the time we got back to the car I was whipped.

Best news of all....Monday is rest day!

This week is a pretty hard training week for me. I'm leading up to a race on June 9, so this an important week to build overall fitness, form and speed.

Have a great week. Post up your plans!

Steve

2013-05-20 12:19 PM

User image

Regular
136 wt. just sayin it again to b SURE i am in the running.lol (I am not using my dehydrated wt. of 132 from this week btw)

BULL Congrats on race!........................ if possible spend 700 bucks and get a tri bike maybe. With weak resale market I felt bad how little the seller got for my awesome tri bike. Likely it will be my strongest event just because I like riding SO much...and I thot it would always b my weak event. My bike and bike rack is worth more than my '93 blazer with 200k miles on it. will post pic if u dont believe me. HAHA

Had fairly nice hour run sunday on trails. Two bike rides and three masters swims last week. Got dehydrated saturday due to compulsory lake party I attended for several hours. caused me to have to take breaks on sunday run to keep my HR below 180. blah.....

I am thinking beyond this years sprint tri and planning to jump up to intermediate distance for next year.

Linda Cervelo P2sl
2013-05-20 12:39 PM
in reply to: cathyd

User image

Originally posted by cathyd

Well, I did my first lake swim of the year. Here in Northern Ontario, it's still pretty cold. I wore my wetsuit and latex gloves on my hands. My feet were cold. Is there anything I could wear on my feet that wouldn't impede their naturally movement?
P.S. Our black lab wouldn't even go in, even when she saw a beaver swimming by!!

They make neoprene booties and caps for cold water swimming. You are braver than me. I'm at the eastern end of lake Ontario and I'm not going in that water yet. Even the lakes here are still too cold for me.

Well, it was that or nothing. We were at our water access cottage for the weekend so I had to do something. Do you know who sells the booties? I've looked around a bit and can't find them.
2013-05-20 1:10 PM
in reply to: Bull

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Gray Guy/Girls Tri--Masters Sprint/Olympic Mentor Group CLOSED
Originally posted by Bull

Ran my 3rd tri of the season yesterday, Washington, NC sprint and was my first open water swim. I've been training very hard lately to the point I may have over trained. With the exception of the swim, which were PR for me (not saying much swimming is my weakest par). Performance in the bike and run were disappointing for me. Bike was a little faster than normal for me, run was dismal. I simply ran out of gas!!!! My total time was 1:54:03, 3rd in my AG. Where i finish isn't as important to me as my times and improvement. However, up until now, it's been cool. Yesterday it was hot and humid. Temp at race start was 74, at finish it was 82 and the humidity was brutal. This was a flat course and my goal was to PR. I gave it my best shot and ran out of gas. One thing i know for sure is i have to get a new bike. I'm riding on a cheapo road bike, and i don't know if it's the way it's geared or not, but i pedal my a** off and can't seem to keep up.
[/QUOTE}]

Congrats on the finish! Podium no less. Good for you. If you don't mind, post up a race report so we can see your overall race.

Difficulty on the run is not too surprising given the conditions you describe. I know my run times really drop off as the temps go above 80...and when you add the humidity, that's really tough. Sounds to me like to did really well given what you were up against.

A time trial specific bike could certainly help. I find that the aero position (versus sitting upright on the handlebars) gets me about 2 mph without much change in effort. Check out Ebay. I've bought two TT bikes off ebay and saved a ton of money. The key is to just know the models/sizes you're interested in and then have patience.

Steve

2013-05-20 4:59 PM

User image

Expert
Ontario
Subject: RE: Monday Monday
Bike this morning and went for an hour walk this afternoon.

As for the rest of the week... not sure. We will have our granddaughter during the days Tues - Friday. I work night shifts Tues and Wed. so Wed will be a rest day for sure. Tues I'll try to do something in the morning, really should be a run. Thurs will probably bike after Zoey goes home. I'm doing a group ride on Saturday, about 50 miles. Sunday we have a BBQ to go to that may be an all day event. So that is looking like maybe 2 runs, 2 rides.
I'm also going to really focus on my eating to get back into this weight loss challenge.
2013-05-20 8:20 PM
in reply to: Kay Ewing

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Originally posted by Kay Ewing

Originally posted by k9car363

Originally posted by JREDFLY

Scott I read your Swimming Technique section on your blog and I thought it was totally awesome and very timely for me. Thank you so much for sharing.!!!

Glad it helped! And thanks for visiting my blog.

Scott, I also went to your blog and read the swimming technique section ... nice. Heading to the pool this morning and will work more on the body roll.
Thanks

Thanks! Get the body roll correct and everything else will fall into place. Good luck.
2013-05-20 8:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

New user
Hingham, MA
Please let me know if I got everyone's weight right. Congrats to Howaussie for being the leader for the coveted black dog coffee mug!!!

Edited by JREDFLY 2013-05-20 8:28 PM

(PTC 5-19.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
PTC 5-19.jpg (63KB - 18 downloads)
2013-05-20 8:29 PM
in reply to: b2run

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

My personal opinion for what it is worth - If the water is that cold, I would try again next week. Yes, you could wear booties, but how likely is it that you are going to race in booties? The minimal benefit of one OWS in REALLY cold water is probably not worth it.

Or...just swim faster! Sorry, couldn't resist.
2013-05-20 8:38 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Originally posted by lutzman

Steve -

Thank you for the detailed and thoughtful response! I have anticipated that I would likely have to win my age group in order to qualify for Kona and I had researched previous year Kona AG times that had received an invitation, however I had not calculated actual pacing yet. That is extremely helpful - thank you!

Again, thank you for your response. I look forward to sucking up every ounce of triathlon wisdom that is offered.

I'll be happy to give you some feedback on running as you get rolling in your training. You should be able to make significant improvements as you lay down your base and start to dial in your training. If you'll make your Muncie race report public on BT I'll give you some feedback post race.

Keep posting with your progress!

Steve

Hey Steve,

I will take you up on every bit of feedback you care to offer. I have been working on a faster leg turnover, I actually consciously think about that every time I run. To your point about 50+ and injury, my single biggest concern has been avoiding injury as I get back to an aggressive training routine. My run plan was developed in consultation with a running coach and my strength/fitness coach. I would absolutely welcome your input if you care to take a look and offer a comment.

Yeah, intervals. I HATE that word. I thought those days were behind me!!

Thanks again for your input.

2013-05-20 8:48 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Regular

Hey Steve,

I will take you up on every bit of feedback you care to offer. I have been working on a faster leg turnover, I actually consciously think about that every time I run. To your point about 50+ and injury, my single biggest concern has been avoiding injury as I get back to an aggressive training routine. My run plan was developed in consultation with a running coach and my strength/fitness coach. I would absolutely welcome your input if you care to take a look and offer a comment.

Yeah, intervals. I HATE that word. I thought those days were behind me!!

Thanks again for your input.

Hey Scott--If you've got a running coach you're in great hands. I'll be happy to give you an outsiders POV, but there's no substitute for the coach who is working with you regularly. I'll keep an eye on your training log as well as your race results and let you know if I have any ideas/questions.

Hopefully you'll have a great first race. I imagine your coach has you doing this...but transition practice is valuable. Time gained in transitions is literally free....no extra effort is really required yet you gain time on slower competitors. There are lots of instructional videos on youtube, but there is no substitute like practice!

Steve

Steve
2013-05-20 8:51 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
I have what is probably a silly question, but I don't know the answer so I am going to ask. A bit of background. I started training again nearly a year ago. It has provided a bit of motivation for my wife, who has NEVER done ANYTHING athletic in her life. A couple weeks ago I was heading out for a run and she asked if I cared if she went. She ran/walked about a mile! Long story short, we have both entered a 5K in July - her idea!

So my question - Yesterday, she started a Couch-to-5K program. I told her I would "run" with her, and that she was going to set the pace, if she needed to walk, we would walk, etc. I am not a fast runner by any stretch of the imagination, but we were going considerably slower than I normally run. Bit faster than a brisk walk but slower than a jog. It was a very uncomfortable pace for me. Today, I woke up and could barely move! Gluts and Hams were in knots and screaming at me.

Is that likely because of the really slow pace? If so, any thoughts on how I can avoid a repeat? I want to support my wife but my over-riding concern is avoiding injury.

Edited by k9car363 2013-05-21 6:38 AM
2013-05-20 9:01 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Weight control for you will be a key factor. At 200 lbs you are a big man for a long distance triathlete. That's not to say you can't do it, but be aware that the top 55+ age groupers you'll be fighting for the Kona spots are likely to be under 170 lbs. That won't matter as much on the swim, but on the bike and especially the run, more weight generally equals slower times as the people you're up against carry a smaller mass. I've pretty much learned in my short couple of years in triathlon that unless a big guy puts a bunch of time on me in the swim and bike, I've got a great chance to catch him on the run as I'm only carrying about 160 pounds on my frame.

First, I am not down to 200 yet. Still have a ways to go.

I would LOVE to get down to 160-170 Sadly I think that is likely impossible. In 1978 (I was 20), I was 6'5" and weighed 173 pounds. My body fat was clinically measured at 3.86%. Seeing as how when I was 20 I couldn't get below 170, I don't have high expectations that I will get there now. I do think 180 might be doable, time will tell.
2013-05-21 6:09 AM

User image

New user
Hingham, MA

Weight control for you will be a key factor. At 200 lbs you are a big man for a long distance triathlete. That's not to say you can't do it, but be aware that the top 55+ age groupers you'll be fighting for the Kona spots are likely to be under 170 lbs. That won't matter as much on the swim, but on the bike and especially the run, more weight generally equals slower times as the people you're up against carry a smaller mass. I've pretty much learned in my short couple of years in triathlon that unless a big guy puts a bunch of time on me in the swim and bike, I've got a great chance to catch him on the run as I'm only carrying about 160 pounds on my frame.

I would LOVE to get down to 160-170 Sadly I think that is likely impossible. In 1978 (I was 20), I was 6'5" and weighed 173 pounds. My body fat was clinically measured at 3.86%. Seeing as how when I was 20 I couldn't get below 170, I don't have high expectations that I will get there now. I do think 180 might be doable, time will tell.

Scott - Not too late to join the Portly Triathlete Challenge. The prize is this awesome coffee mug from the Black Dog on Martha's Vineyard.

Anyone else that wants in feel free to sign up, weigh-ins are every Sunday night.

I know everyone has their own incentives to lose weight but it doesn't hurt to have a little fun!

Edited by JREDFLY 2013-05-21 6:15 AM

(black dog.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
black dog.jpg (8KB - 20 downloads)
2013-05-21 6:29 AM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Have a question about weight. Last year when I made the decision to follow the path I am on, I tipped the scales at just shy of 300 lbs. Started on the Atkins diet initially. During Atkins phase 1 I was losing 5-8 lbs a week. Week three I went to phase two, weight loss continued at roughly 2-3 lbs/week. I was ecstatic! Got down to +/- 260 and had the gall-bladder issue which the doctors said was a direct result of losing weight too rapidly. Then I was laid up for a couple months with the DVT and of course had the weight gain from the inactivity.

Jump to the present, I am still right around 260-263. I simply cannot seem to get below that weight. For the past couple months I have been altering my intake and at times I have been running a calorie deficit around 1,500-1,800 calories/day. That in itself should translate to roughly a 3 pound weight loss per week. Since I have gone back to training I have averaged 7 hrs/week (past two weeks) - burning roughly 600-900 calories/day. The calorie deficit and workouts combined works out to a weekly deficit of about 15,000 calories/week (on the low side) - should translate to a weight loss of +/- 4.25 lbs/wk.

So why am I not losing weight?

With all due respect to those of you that may be tempted to say, "Your body is in starvation mode because of the severe calorie deficit." Please don't. First I think the whole starvation mode is largely a myth, There is a ton of research and data that supports my position. Second, I have only been under this calorie deficit for a few weeks - it takes months for your body to enter a survival mode. And finally, I go a couple weeks under this calorie deficit and then return to normal intake for a week and then back to the deficit.

Look forward to any comments.

Edited by k9car363 2013-05-21 6:34 AM

2013-05-21 6:32 AM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Scott - Not too late to join the Portly Triathlete Challenge. The prize is this awesome coffee mug from the Black Dog on Martha's Vineyard.

Anyone else that wants in feel free to sign up, weigh-ins are every Sunday night.

I know everyone has their own incentives to lose weight but it doesn't hurt to have a little fun!

I saw the chart that was posted. If there is an award for the highest weight, I guess I win!

Sunday - 261.3

Edited by k9car363 2013-05-21 6:36 AM
2013-05-21 6:37 AM
in reply to: JREDFLY

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
James - weight is 200 this week (-2), sorry for the delay posting. Really happy about that b/c usually I gain a lb or 2 at these seminars due to all the snacks, etc., but this group had just started a fitness challenge of their own, so there was a good vibe in the group, which I rode! Head off for another today, hope I can continue the trend. At least this week's destination has some good run courses that I know, so will try to get at least 3 runs in while I'm gone, then hopefully 3 weeks of consistency after that since no travel. Will need to get some good bike rides in when I get back as I've been well behind the curve on the bike this year.

Stu
2013-05-21 6:53 AM

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia

Have a question about weight. Last year when I made the decision to follow the path I am on, I tipped the scales at just shy of 300 lbs. Started on the Atkins diet initially. During Atkins phase 1 I was losing 5-8 lbs a week. Week three I went to phase two, weight loss continued at roughly 2-3 lbs/week. I was ecstatic! Got down to +/- 260 and had the gall-bladder issue which the doctors said was a direct result of losing weight too rapidly. Then I was laid up for a couple months with the DVT and of course had the weight gain from the inactivity.

Jump to the present, I am still right around 260-263. I simply cannot seem to get below that weight. For the past couple months I have been altering my intake and at times I have been running a calorie deficit around 1,500-1,800 calories/day. That in itself should translate to roughly a 3 pound weight loss per week. Since I have gone back to training I have averaged 7 hrs/week (past two weeks) - burning roughly 600-900 calories/day. The calorie deficit and workouts combined works out to a weekly deficit of about 15,000 calories/week (on the low side) - should translate to a weight loss of +/- 4.25 lbs/wk.

With all due respect to those of you that may be tempted to say, "Your body is in starvation mode because of the severe calorie deficit." Please don't. First I think the whole starvation mode is largely a myth, There is a ton of research and data that supports my position. Second, I have only been under this calorie deficit for a few weeks - it takes months for your body to enter a survival mode. And finally, I go a couple weeks under this calorie deficit and then return to normal intake for a week and then back to the deficit.

Scott, what's your basis for your baseline calorie burn / day?

A couple of thoughts (though I am absolutely not an expert). First, I think that as you get in better shape, a workout that burned x calories at the beginning of your exercising won't burn the same amount anymore because your body doesn't have to work as hard as you get in better shape and as you lose weight. So, I wonder if you're taking that into consideration for calculating your deficit.

Based on my own experience with Atkins (I lost 40 lbs with it awhile back), I do think there's a tendency for the weight to come back on though I have no idea about the scientific reasons for it. I lost my 40 and then thought I was on the maintain approach and I started gaining it back slowly... after a year or so I was up 20 lbs which is when I started training for tris. I plateaued for awhile there and then started slowly going down again based on a more balanced approach with diet / exercise. It was almost like my body had to first find a new equilibrium and then it started to behave reasonably.

I had another plateau and slow gain this past year and I've added some light weights to my workouts which seems to have helped lose some weight this year.

I will say, however, that I've watched metabolisms do some wild stuff, starvation mode or not. So I do think one's burn rate adjusts based on some triggers. Our bodies are some crazy machines and I'm not sure we understand all the underlying mechanics yet!

Okay, off to catch another plane - have a great week everyone!

Stu
2013-05-21 10:40 AM
in reply to: juneapple

User image

Regular
North Carolina
Originally posted by juneapple

Scott, what's your basis for your baseline calorie burn / day?

A couple of thoughts (though I am absolutely not an expert). First, I think that as you get in better shape, a workout that burned x calories at the beginning of your exercising won't burn the same amount anymore because your body doesn't have to work as hard as you get in better shape and as you lose weight. So, I wonder if you're taking that into consideration for calculating your deficit.

Based on my own experience with Atkins (I lost 40 lbs with it awhile back), I do think there's a tendency for the weight to come back on though I have no idea about the scientific reasons for it. I lost my 40 and then thought I was on the maintain approach and I started gaining it back slowly... after a year or so I was up 20 lbs which is when I started training for tris. I plateaued for awhile there and then started slowly going down again based on a more balanced approach with diet / exercise. It was almost like my body had to first find a new equilibrium and then it started to behave reasonably.

I had another plateau and slow gain this past year and I've added some light weights to my workouts which seems to have helped lose some weight this year.

I will say, however, that I've watched metabolisms do some wild stuff, starvation mode or not. So I do think one's burn rate adjusts based on some triggers. Our bodies are some crazy machines and I'm not sure we understand all the underlying mechanics yet!

Okay, off to catch another plane - have a great week everyone!

Stu

When I started in january 2012, I weighed over 350 pounds. Today 167 and jusrt ran my 3rd Tri. The first day I began my journey I couldn't run to the end of the block without stopping to rest, first time in the pool could barely swim a lap in a 25 yard pool and the first bike ride was three miles and I thought "what an accomplishment and long distance three miles was".. In no way do I claim to be an expert, but i do think I qualify in the been there done that here's what worked for me an what I've learned along the way. so take what I say with a grain of salt and remember your mileage may vary.. IMO, first and foremost, get off the salt and processed food. Avoid fatty fried foods, eat a high fiber diet and drink copious amounts of water, nothing new there , certainly not rocket science, but it oes work.. I've changed the way I look at food, used to be I celebrated with a good meal, now i celbrate with a good run or bike ride. I changed the way I look at food, Although I stilll treat myself to a beer everyonce in awhile (home-brewwed so I can avoid the preservative and additives and evry Friday night we take the grandkids to McDonald's and they play in the playarea, wife and I have a salad and an ice cream. Now I look at food for what it is, fuel for the body, no more than I would put kerosine in my motorcycle, I won't put junk in my body. During my weight loss, there were times that for no apparent reason, i would put on weight or gor for a time with little or no weight loss. I'm not smart enough to know the when, why's or chemistry of whay this happens, but it does. What I found is if I would just change up the routine a little it seemed to kick start the metabolism. I was fortunate, once I started the fat seemed to melt away. my wife on the oteher hand is eating the same as I, and while not quite as anal retentive as I am, works out als well and is even entering anr running 5 and 10 ks, finishing second in her AG at the last one she ran, but her weight loss has been gradual compared to mine, but I'm proud of her, she's lost 70 pounds to date.
2013-05-21 11:43 AM

User image

Regular

Every little bit of reduced weight helps. Even getting to 195 vs. 200 will make a difference. I'd guess that part of the reason you dislike running, I believe, is that running is incrementally tougher at higher weight levels. But you can make significant improvements. The guy I run with on a regular basis couldn't run with me at all three years ago. His weight was around 210. Now he is 170 and runs solid 10k times (+/-44 minutes) and half marathon times. At every stage of his weight loss his running times improved. The challenge is that the progress is steady but slow....and we're all sort of programmed to want quick results.

You'll get there!

Edited by lutzman 2013-05-21 12:06 PM

2013-05-21 11:46 AM

User image

Regular

Please let me know if I got everyone's weight right. Congrats to Howaussie for being the leader for the coveted black dog coffee mug!!!

Put me down at 162. Too many donuts while travelling!
2013-05-21 12:04 PM

User image

Regular

I have what is probably a silly question, but I don't know the answer so I am going to ask. A bit of background. I started training again nearly a year ago. It has provided a bit of motivation for my wife, who has NEVER done ANYTHING athletic in her life. A couple weeks ago I was heading out for a run and she asked if I cared if she went. She ran/walked about a mile! Long story short, we have both entered a 5K in July - her idea!

So my question - Yesterday, she started a Couch-to-5K program. I told her I would "run" with her, and that she was going to set the pace, if she needed to walk, we would walk, etc. I am not a fast runner by any stretch of the imagination, but we were going considerably slower than I normally run. Bit faster than a brisk walk but slower than a jog. It was a very uncomfortable pace for me. Today, I woke up and could barely move! Gluts and Hams were in knots and screaming at me.

Is that likely because of the really slow pace? If so, any thoughts on how I can avoid a repeat? I want to support my wife but my over-riding concern is avoiding injury.

My experience is running with someone who is significantly slower than me is challenging if not down right uncomfortable. The problem seems to be that when I cut my pace down to match a much slower partner, I have to start making all sorts of unnatural and uncomfortable changes to my pace turnover, stride length and even foot position at strike. The net result is I end up putting stress on my leg muscles in an entirely different way....creating a stress impact that is hitting muscle and tendon in a new way....hence your day-after soreness because you're simply not conditioned for that specific running exercise. Another lesson falling under the rule of specificity.

For that reason, I've pretty much quit running with folks that are much slower. I view it as an injury risk.

What I do to try to train with my wife--who is in great shape but is a very slow runner--is we run for a specified time period. We don't run together, we just start and finish together since we're both going out for the same amount of time. It's not the same as going side by side, but we both are able to get the workout that we each respectively need versus forcing one of us to go either too slow or too fast.

Edited by lutzman 2013-05-21 12:07 PM
2013-05-21 1:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas

147.6 was my original starting weight!
2013-05-21 1:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas

Look forward to any comments

It depends on what you are putting in your body as fuel. There needs to be a clearer picture of what you eat and when you eat it. Everyone has challenges when it comes to food and exercise. Health problems, stress, lack of sleep all contribute to the problem of weight loss. Obviously, cutting out processed foods, fast foods, the white foods will all help significantly towards your weight loss journey. You may consider looking into Whole30.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guy/Girls Tri--Masters Sprint/Olympic Mentor Group CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 37