BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 94

2012-01-04 11:38 AM
in reply to: #3943114

User image

Expert
Ontario
Subject: RE: bigDH's accountability training -- closed -- good luck out there!
Enjoying following all your training and wishing I had my gear with me but since I don't I'm just going to do some strength circuit training and walking until I go home.

2012-01-04 11:50 AM
in reply to: #3970687

User image

Champion
Calgary
cathyd - 2012-01-04 10:38 AM

Enjoying following all your training and wishing I had my gear with me but since I don't I'm just going to do some strength circuit training and walking until I go home.

Just do what you can. Even 5 or 10 minutes of day will help keep your energy up.
2012-01-04 1:38 PM
in reply to: #3969036

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Way to get out there!
2012-01-04 1:49 PM
in reply to: #3970261

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
BigDH - 2012-01-04 9:10 AM Alright folks, here is our team table. Please hit quote. Then copy the HTML into your dashboard through the settings tab at the top of the screen. Then it will show up in your blog. Check in on each other often. Shoot some inspires each others way. Keep things going. Keep yourself accountable. Keep everyone accountable. I apologize for the formatting. I have no real html skills, so I do my best.

Accountability Training

Darren
Andy

After coping the HTML I added to my links on my dashboard then labeled it, then I pasted it to my dashboard or you can leave it on the link...

Nice Jobe by the way Darren!  Thanks for grouping us together for easy reference!

2012-01-04 2:29 PM
in reply to: #3970992

User image

Champion
Calgary
SportzVision - 2012-01-04 12:49 PM

BigDH - 2012-01-04 9:10 AM Alright folks, here is our team table. Please hit quote. Then copy the HTML into your dashboard through the settings tab at the top of the screen. Then it will show up in your blog. Check in on each other often. Shoot some inspires each others way. Keep things going. Keep yourself accountable. Keep everyone accountable. I apologize for the formatting. I have no real html skills, so I do my best.

Accountability Training

Darren
Andy

After coping the HTML I added to my links on my dashboard then labeled it, then I pasted it to my dashboard or you can leave it on the link...

Nice Jobe by the way Darren!  Thanks for grouping us together for easy reference!

I don't quite follow you, did I forget something? did you get it to work?
2012-01-04 3:54 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
okay guys, we got to LIGHT THIS THING up right.

Got my 12k run in today, managed some hills too, so good, nice and surprising quality run. Yeah.

How is everyone else doing, feeling good?

We have some wild weather here in Calgary, 15C now if you can believe that. WILD.

2012-01-04 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3971288

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

BigDH - 2012-01-04 2:54 PM okay guys, we got to LIGHT THIS THING up right. Got my 12k run in today, managed some hills too, so good, nice and surprising quality run. Yeah. How is everyone else doing, feeling good? We have some wild weather here in Calgary, 15C now if you can believe that. WILD.

Only 8 celsiusSmile here in Edmonton! I almost feel like taking the bike off the trainer and going for a rip...hmm maybe not, still snow and ice on the side roads...

2012-01-04 5:40 PM
in reply to: #3969947

User image

katieduffy - 2012-01-04 7:36 AM

Hey guys!

DQ - ouch! I love your perseverance, though.

Darren - hey, Costa didn't break her ankle. That'll speed you up.

Melinda - can you do a little forum swim seminar? That would be awesome. The swim is definitely my weakest event, but I think it's more about freaking out in my wetsuit / OWS than actual swimming that's the problem. Not that I'm a great swimmer, but I don't freak out in the pool like I do sometimes halfway through a race.

OK, got up at 5 this morning but sat around with coffee for a long time and didn't actually leave the house till 6, then got stuck waiting for a drawbridge on my way to the Y pool. Still made it there but only got in a very short swim and no weights. Nevertheless, I'm proud of my whopping 500 yards because 1) I've only been to the pool 1 time since my A race last season, last weekend in August; 2) I was really sleepy; 3) It's 16 degrees this morning. I did NOT want to leave the house! Now, I have that new-swimmer-jello-arm thing happening, which actually feels awesome because I know I did something, if that makes any sense.

That's why I think this is such a good group - I left the house because I told someone I was going to swim today, SO I HAD TO SWIM TODAY! Hope everybody has a great day!

The swim seminar sounds good!  I've done a couple OWS's but never had to deal with wetsuit dilemma.  If anyone has questions you can send them to me and I'll do my best to answer them or point you in the right direction.  I'll can write up something later tonight or tomorrow about drills and breathing techniques if that helps.

2012-01-04 5:52 PM
in reply to: #3969502

User image

Qua17 - 2012-01-03 9:08 PM
swimmindy - 2012-01-02 12:07 PM

Got back in the water today.  1000 yds in 20 minutes, kept the strokes long and didn't push it.  Still don't have an inhaler or a doc's appt, everyone's off today! 

The scale was nicer to me this morning.  Managed to lose almost a pound over the New Year's weekend.  Back on my healthy "diet" meaning more veggies and less chocolate.

Melinda - Congrats on the weight loss!  Keep it up!!! 

Thanks!  I'm almost to my first weight goal... almost at 20 lbs loss since late September.

It's a balmy 50*F here in sunny FLA and it's supposed to get warmer to about the 70's by the end of the week.  I actually had to put on layers today!  I guess I shouldn't rub it in, but the summer's here are brutal and not looking forward to another one.

Tomorrow's workout plan is to hit the range and break in my new iron's (an early bday present) and then the pool to hopefully get in about 1500yds.  Still no inhaler and still no doc appt... I can't believe how hard it has been to get ahold of this guy.... he's never in the freaking office!  I may end up going to a walk in clinic just to get one until I can get a new prescription.  I really want to get back on my bike and start my run/walk comedy show

2012-01-04 6:27 PM

User image

Master

Hit a little bump in the road yesterday and didn't get my workout in.  I had to stay over at work then came home to feed the pup and then went grocery shopping.  By the time we got home it was 9:30 and I was starving!  I got my run in today though  However the pool is closed until the 6th so those swims I had planned this week aren't going to happen  I decided to start Couch to 5k to get back into running if it gets too easy I'll change it up but it's a good place to start.

Training schedule for the rest of the week:

Thursday: Run

Friday: Bike

Saturday: Bike

Sunday: Swim and run

2012-01-04 6:29 PM
in reply to: #3970261

User image

Master
BigDH - 2012-01-04 10:10 AM Alright folks, here is our team table. Please hit quote. Then copy the HTML into your dashboard through the settings tab at the top of the screen. Then it will show up in your blog. Check in on each other often. Shoot some inspires each others way. Keep things going. Keep yourself accountable. Keep everyone accountable. I apologize for the formatting. I have no real html skills, so I do my best.

Accountability Training

Darren
Andy

Thanks for doing this!

2012-01-04 8:18 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
Melinda, Congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome
2012-01-04 9:36 PM
in reply to: #3970687

User image

Expert

cathyd - 2012-01-04 11:38 AM Enjoying following all your training and wishing I had my gear with me but since I don't I'm just going to do some strength circuit training and walking until I go home.

As Bill Murray might say - Baby Steps... Baby Steps...

Cathy - I know it's tough right now - but each and every step you take moves you closer to your goal.  Keep it up!

DQ

2012-01-04 9:50 PM

User image

Expert

Evening Everyone:

Thanks a ton for all the support in regards to my finger.  I went to the gym determined to find a way to get on the spin bike and I found a way to make it work.  So I was incredibly psyched about that.  Tomorrow, I have an appointment with a hand doctor who will figure out what to do with my finger.  I plan on making it clear that I will do anything he says as long as he can find a way to keep me moving forward.

I also appreciate your suggestions on how to improve my work in the water.  

Hope everyone is having a good week!

DQ

2012-01-04 10:47 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Lost .2 lbs!  199.8.  Pretty stoked to be going downhill.  Ate really good yesterday and today.  good portion control.  Food seems to taste better when you don't overindulge.

Workout was killer this morning.  2100 yd swim in 56 min.  I also ran on the dreadmill for 2 miles in full sweats like I used to when I wrestled.

Wife and I are just getting into climbing walls, and we went climbing tonight.  That's a pretty killer forearm/ leg burn. 

Keep up the good work BTers.  Love reading the posts.

6.2 mile hill run tomorrow!

2012-01-04 11:04 PM
in reply to: #3971960

User image

Master
kevinbe - 2012-01-04 11:47 PM

Lost .2 lbs!  199.8.  Pretty stoked to be going downhill.  Ate really good yesterday and today.  good portion control.  Food seems to taste better when you don't overindulge.

Workout was killer this morning.  2100 yd swim in 56 min.  I also ran on the dreadmill for 2 miles in full sweats like I used to when I wrestled.

Wife and I are just getting into climbing walls, and we went climbing tonight.  That's a pretty killer forearm/ leg burn. 

I took a rock climbing class my last semester of college.... Its definitely a great strength workout. I remember at the end of the 2 hour class trying to climb one last route my arms and legs would be shaking they were so tired. I did learn its very taxing on the forearms and my instructor had actually developed tendinitis from climbing so be sure to stretch out your forearms and legs after every climb.

2012-01-05 2:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
Hey guys,

I too love the biggest loser. I used to watch the show all the time. Because what we get to see was pretty much what I was doing (even before I even knew of the show). I obsessed about food and working out. Until I realized that I seriously have a problem. I went to see a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with bulimia. I thought that was rediculous because I never make myself throw up. She told me that bulimia comes in many forms. And what I'm doing definitely IS bulimia. Since then I see BL with different eyes. I mean you don't get THAT fat without some sort of eating disorder. And you can't just get rid of that eating disorder just like that. But what you can do is trade it in for some other obsession / disorder. And that's what they're doing at the BL.

When I started losing weight I went from binge eating to bulimia. I never realized it to be honest. I always thought the way I was losing weight was super healthy. Well in the end it kind of was. Until it became an obsession and there was nothing else than calorie intake vs. outtake vs. workouts. And that's the concept of the BL. Oh and then there is the factor of "letting my trainer / the others down". There is no worse feeling for people like us. Letting someone down. We're letting ourselves down all the time. ALL the time. And that's bad enough. The fear of letting other people down will make them stick to plans.

And when you get out of the BL you either keep obsessing with all this or you gain your weight back. It's happened to many of them.
2012-01-05 7:38 AM
in reply to: #3971532

User image

Champion
Calgary
Emmanem - 2012-01-04 5:27 PM

Hit a little bump in the road yesterday and didn't get my workout in.  I had to stay over at work then came home to feed the pup and then went grocery shopping.  By the time we got home it was 9:30 and I was starving!  I got my run in today though  However the pool is closed until the 6th so those swims I had planned this week aren't going to happen  I decided to start Couch to 5k to get back into running if it gets too easy I'll change it up but it's a good place to start.

Training schedule for the rest of the week:

Thursday: Run

Friday: Bike

Saturday: Bike

Sunday: Swim and run

Oh I hate the hunger pains. I have found that I can actually get a run in even if I am fairly hungry though. Excercise seems to make the feeling go away, somehow I have managed to go up to 5 hours after breakfast, much more than that and I get a little light headed. Always a tough choice, because if you don't eat sometimes the workout suffers too.
2012-01-05 7:43 AM
in reply to: #3972043

User image

Champion
Calgary
kathie - 2012-01-05 1:55 AM

Hey guys,

I too love the biggest loser. I used to watch the show all the time. Because what we get to see was pretty much what I was doing (even before I even knew of the show). I obsessed about food and working out. Until I realized that I seriously have a problem. I went to see a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with bulimia. I thought that was rediculous because I never make myself throw up. She told me that bulimia comes in many forms. And what I'm doing definitely IS bulimia. Since then I see BL with different eyes. I mean you don't get THAT fat without some sort of eating disorder. And you can't just get rid of that eating disorder just like that. But what you can do is trade it in for some other obsession / disorder. And that's what they're doing at the BL.

When I started losing weight I went from binge eating to bulimia. I never realized it to be honest. I always thought the way I was losing weight was super healthy. Well in the end it kind of was. Until it became an obsession and there was nothing else than calorie intake vs. outtake vs. workouts. And that's the concept of the BL. Oh and then there is the factor of "letting my trainer / the others down". There is no worse feeling for people like us. Letting someone down. We're letting ourselves down all the time. ALL the time. And that's bad enough. The fear of letting other people down will make them stick to plans.

And when you get out of the BL you either keep obsessing with all this or you gain your weight back. It's happened to many of them.

That is an interesting perspective. Some certainly seem to be trading one addiction for the other.

Hey, did anyone else notice Ali is looking a little beefier, like crossfit beefier. Thicker neck, wider shoulders, um...nicer a$$, looks like she lost some weight in her face?

2012-01-05 7:43 AM
in reply to: #3971886

User image

Champion
Calgary
Qua17 - 2012-01-04 8:50 PM

Evening Everyone:

Thanks a ton for all the support in regards to my finger.  I went to the gym determined to find a way to get on the spin bike and I found a way to make it work.  So I was incredibly psyched about that.  Tomorrow, I have an appointment with a hand doctor who will figure out what to do with my finger.  I plan on making it clear that I will do anything he says as long as he can find a way to keep me moving forward.

I also appreciate your suggestions on how to improve my work in the water.  

Hope everyone is having a good week!

DQ

let us know how the dr appointment goes.
2012-01-05 8:14 AM
in reply to: #3971960

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
kevinbe - 2012-01-04 9:47 PM

Sweet! I hope to go under 200 by the time of my first race in June! Climbing is a good time and a good workout! I have only done it a couple of times but have enjoyed it immensely.

2012-01-05 8:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
After an internal argument in my head at 4:45am I did my run...much happier now!
2012-01-05 8:28 AM
in reply to: #3972295

User image

Champion
Calgary
thor67 - 2012-01-05 7:15 AM

After an internal argument in my head at 4:45am I did my run...much happier now!

oh very nice!
2012-01-05 8:40 AM

User image

I love climbing... my first and only experience so far has been in Alaska.  It was the most amazing experience.  I wish they had a place around where I live.

Note about the doc:  I finally got an appt.... in February!!  FML!  I guess I'll have to go to a walk-in clinic just to get me by.  I can't believe they couldn't take me in.  It'll take like 5 minutes to get a prescription and walk out and it's kind of an emergency now.  Yell I'm so mad!

2012-01-05 9:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
February?!?!? Gosh I'd freak out!! I once walked into a doctor's office with a shattered foot (yeah I still walked). They offered me an appointment about a week and a half later. Well the nurse did. The doctor never even looked at my foot. So I went to the next doctor's and they took care of it.

As for the snapped tendon in your index finger. Had that almost 2 years ago. Took forever to bee ok again. But in my case there was nothing they could do. I just taped the index finger to the middle finger and gave it time. I'm glad that was before I was done with school. Now that would suck since I have to type all day long :D
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  

of 94