BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEBEAST'S Mentor Group, CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 29

2013-05-21 7:04 AM
in reply to: Hildebeast

User image

Middle Tennessee
Subject: RE: HILDEBEAST'S Mentor Group, CLOSED!
Just sitting here watching the news this morning and the devastation of the Oklahoma tornado. So much to take in. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected and strength to those still searching for survivors amidst the rubble. Lighting a candle and sending healing energy to families who lost loved ones.

2013-05-21 7:47 AM

User image

Expert
Falls Church

Originally posted by Hildebeast
Originally posted by hoffsquared So we have a true speedster in our midst.Erin smoked the field in ER HIM this weekend. 5th overall...this even with dropping her chain and going off course a bit.
Let me clarify that even more... Erin was 5th OVERALL including the MEN! She was first female overall!!! And she took time to put on sunscreen in T2! She exemplifies being a BEAST!

x2!!

2013-05-21 11:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

Originally posted by Hildebeast
Originally posted by hoffsquared So we have a true speedster in our midst.Erin smoked the field in ER HIM this weekend. 5th overall...this even with dropping her chain and going off course a bit.
Let me clarify that even more... Erin was 5th OVERALL including the MEN! She was first female overall!!! And she took time to put on sunscreen in T2! She exemplifies being a BEAST!

Way to go Erin!! I did not realize you raced. Going over to check out report now!!

Yes,  my heart and prayers going out to Oklahoma.

2013-05-21 6:39 PM
in reply to: Meljoypip

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
Erin, I just read your RR and attempted to comment on the report but I think I messed up. So putting it here instead... Congrats, you had a fantastic race!! Way to go!
2013-05-22 5:51 AM
in reply to: kpringle

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
So we had a pretty big thunderstorm pass through yesterday afternoon afterschool... luckily I wasn't in it while picking up the boys and was able to get in front of it on the drive home. So it hits, and I'm home alone with the grandsons and the dogs. The boys were absolutely fine but the basset hound was a basket case! She was on my lap clawing at my neck and crying about the thunder!! Too funny...

So I should be back to some training tomorrow!! Stitches come out TODAY and I am so ready for it... dropping the car off at the dealership to get the a/c fixed and picking up a loaner car. I still need to pick up my bike, somehow I didn't want to put my baby all clean and shiny on the rack and drive home thru torrential rain! First chance I will have to get it is tomorrow and I'll have to fit it in the back of the car since I won't have mine... finally feel like I am seeing the end of this school year. Lots and lots of crazy scheduling going on, today should be a normal day although I am leaving early and will miss my last class... tomorrow I am switching places with the PE teacher, so I get to co-teach PE while she doubles up with the other music teacher (she is our campus' Teacher of the Year representative and will be dressed up for her afterschool shindig). Next week will be hit or miss with classes, and then the following week is the end of the year with our Field Day and party day on the last 2 days of school. Last day for teachers is June 7. Kati is moving out the weekend of June 1-2, so it's gonna be a busy couple of weeks!
2013-05-22 8:35 PM

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
Hilde, I didn't know you had a basset hound! Is it yours or your daughter's?? They are the cutest! We have a yellow lab and she is neurotic when she hears thunder. And we have had lots of thunder here the past couple of days... The weather has been so screwy lately and unfortunately it's supposed to be raining here over Memorial Day weekend.

My training is going pretty well. It's the end of year "crunch time" for us with all of the kids' end of the school year activities, so I have to be pretty flexible with my training schedule and am moving a bunch of stuff around. I can't wait for summer and for things to quiet down a bit!!

I just registered for a 5K on Monday, Memorial Day. A member of my tri group organizes it every year for his son who has type 1 diabetes, so the proceeds are donated to the American Diabetes Association. I have had type 1 diabetes for almost 30 years, so I figured this is a great cause to run for!! I also am doing a sprint tri at the end of June, which raises $$ for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

2013-05-23 4:39 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Well, I'm pretty sure Mabel belongs to my husband... she is such a funny dog... mostly she lays around and sleeps. And it doesn't matter how long we've been gone, 1/2 hour, 8 hours, she throws an absolute dither when we get home, crying pathetically, rolling on her back, the ultimate basset drama queen! (Damn, I don't know how to put a photo in here, wtf?)

Edited by Hildebeast 2013-05-23 10:48 AM
2013-05-23 8:25 AM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

I have replied to this post TWICE and it had disappeared!! Not sure what is going on!!

Yes bassists are awesome! I had one named Sally I inherited from my middle son when he moved out, she passed recently and is greatly missed Frown

Hilde Glad you 'just' had some thunderstorms after everything Oklahoma is going through. We are seriously considering a storm shelter.

Wow- you guys are in school 'till June 7th!! My son's last day was yesterday. I am work 12 months so no summer off for me, but I know the teachers are ready!!

June is going to be very busy for me too. MY RACE *****SO EXCITED**** is June 1st and I am ready to know what is next!! I want to wait until I do the race to decide for sure if I will sign up for another (Sprint Tri) this year, or focus on strength training (which I dearly miss) and running.

I have been eating a plant based -whole food, gluten free diet (not diet as in 'on a diet') and I feel really good, I can tell my body is really detoxing. ERIN- I read your post in the 'Plant Powered' thread and would love to hear more about what you have done.

Kristen, It sounds like you are supporting some great causes! Type 1 diabetes is tough.

I hope EVERYONE is ready for a great weekend!!!! Who's racing????

2013-05-23 8:59 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Missouri

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well and is safe. It's been quite a week in our household. Found out the A/C will need to be replaced (we knew it was coming but it's reached the point where we have to do it now ). Our son's laptop has been acting up so he took it in and was told that basically his motherboard is fried, so new computer ordered for him. Our TM is apparently on it's last leg - we've had it 9 years and lots of miles on it so no real surprise there.

On a good note - I signed up for 10 sessions with a personal trainer, twice a week for 5 weeks. He was recommended by my doctor to help me fix my lower body so I won't keep having problems with my hips/legs. He's going to work with me on lower body/core strengthening. It's not cheap but if he can teach me what I need to do to stabilize my core/lower body I think it'll be worth it.

I'm going to pick up my packet after work for the Tour de Cure bike ride on June 1st. I'm starting to get a little nervous about making it the whole 30 miles (most of my training rides have been less than half that ), but I just keep telling myself that it's a ride not a race so time/speed is not an issue - I just need to finish. If that means stopping on occasion, that's what I'll do.

Edited by soccermom15 2013-05-23 9:01 AM
2013-05-23 9:22 AM
in reply to: soccermom15

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!
Originally posted by soccermom15

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well and is safe. It's been quite a week in our household. Found out the A/C will need to be replaced (we knew it was coming but it's reached the point where we have to do it now ). Our son's laptop has been acting up so he took it in and was told that basically his motherboard is fried, so new computer ordered for him. Our TM is apparently on it's last leg - we've had it 9 years and lots of miles on it so no real surprise there.

On a good note - I signed up for 10 sessions with a personal trainer, twice a week for 5 weeks. He was recommended by my doctor to help me fix my lower body so I won't keep having problems with my hips/legs. He's going to work with me on lower body/core strengthening. It's not cheap but if he can teach me what I need to do to stabilize my core/lower body I think it'll be worth it.

I'm going to pick up my packet after work for the Tour de Cure bike ride on June 1st. I'm starting to get a little nervous about making it the whole 30 miles (most of my training rides have been less than half that ), but I just keep telling myself that it's a ride not a race so time/speed is not an issue - I just need to finish. If that means stopping on occasion, that's what I'll do.

***JEALOUS***

I think you will do fine on the ride and I bet you have a blast!!

2013-05-23 10:53 AM

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Janet, you will be totally fine, especially if you have some friends you are riding with.  You are completely right, it's NOT a race, so just ride comfortably, stop at the rest stops and stretch your legs and eat some stuff and I think you'll be fine.  Now if you were going for 100 miles, different story!!

So I finally figured out how to format and add pictures in the forums, so here's a pic of our lovely basset hound, Mabel:

sdf

2013-05-23 10:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

AWWWWW!! She is adorable!! 

How did you add your picture? Did you shrink and add at end of post (*attach a file after posting) or use the editor and add it through a webhost like flicker?

2013-05-23 2:30 PM

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
No, I used the picture inserter and the photo is uploaded to Shutterfly... I had to go to my settings to make sure that I had enabled HTML rich or something like that in the forums, it was in the arrow under the "Hello, Hildebeast"....
2013-05-23 2:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

Originally posted by Hildebeast No, I used the picture inserter and the photo is uploaded to Shutterfly... I had to go to my settings to make sure that I had enabled HTML rich or something like that in the forums, it was in the arrow under the "Hello, Hildebeast"....

"Hello Hildebeast" hehehe..... sorry....Laughing

2013-05-25 6:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleveland area, OH
Good luck on Memorial Day Kristen - sounds like a good run for a good cause. Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong and you'll get some sunshine this weekend. The weather has been SOOO screwy here, on Wednesday it was in the 80's, this morning, it was 38!!!

Hilde, you're lucky I live so far away or I might just come kidnap Mabel - how cute is she with her blanket and teddy bear?! Melody, I am sorry to hear you recently lost your dog - so sad. I have a huge soft spot for hound dogs. My first dog was a beagle - lost her 3 years ago, and I still miss the howl. :'( I get my beagle fix now from my neighbors new puppy, she's 1/2 beagle, 1/2 English bulldog and is about the cutest damn thing I've ever seen.

Janet, sounds like a bit of a rough go lately... always seems to happen that way, it's never just one thing that breaks/goes wrong. They they come in 3's so you should be all set for a while now! I too am jealous of the personal training sessions. Hopefully you can get your hips/legs straigtened out.

My first day of desperately needed vacation is today. The vacation just happens to coincide with a recovery training week, so I get extra rest and relaxation! I envision lots of reading on the back deck, a sports massage, and perhaps some retail therapy (been coveting a new pair of running kicks .

Happy Saturday!
2013-05-25 8:05 AM
in reply to: arquillo

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

1/2 beagle, 1/2 bulldog??  I can't even picture what that might look like, but sure sounds interesting!!! 

I hope everyone gets to enjoy a 3 (or 4) day weekend!!!!  This is our first day off in over a month, which is cruel and unusual punishment at this time of the school year.... yesterday was HORRIBLE!!!  Friday, summer's almost here, on the cusp of a full moon, AND it started pouring just as my worst class of the day was supposed to leave!  Almost drove me to drink!! 

I have been fully released to train again, all the stitches are out and all I have are some steri-strips that will fall off by themselves and I'll be all set (until Aug. 1st when I go back for another skin check and god knows what she'll find to cut off!).  My next race will be July 14th, pool swim tri and hubby's very first triathlon.  At least I HOPE it's his first, he's signed up for so many races that he never did it's stupid!  My swim seems to have come back pretty well, but I know I have work to do on my bike and run.  The Beastie bike got the spa treatment last week and I can't wait to see how nice she rides now!! 

I know it's been an adjustment to get around the new website, but it's starting to feel comfortable as they work out the bugs and kinks.  I still HATE that the inspire box opens up everytime I go to someone's log, but hopefully they will get rid of that soon.  I like the new look, but I do miss having to click around to see all the data rather than having it all on the page.  Keep inspiring each other, some of you have been really good about that.  Any specific questions you have about ANYTHING post here... well, maybe not ANYTHING, ha ha! 

2013-05-25 11:01 PM

User image

Northern Ontario (near Lake Superior)
I think summer has finally arrived here I thought I would share some photos from the area I live. These photos are from past years. But all photos within 2-3 hour radius of my home.

This photo is the from the turn around location the Paju Mountain Run 11.2 KM race. Red Rock is down below and that's Nipigon Bay on Lake Superior

photo P1060074_zps1c0b80a6.jpg

Terrace Bay Beach on Lake Superior Fall storm
 photo IMG_0231_zpsd39dda54.jpg

Lake Nipigon Storm rolling in.
 photo P1010208_zpsac78b9c0.jpg

Pagwachuan Lake
 photo DSC_0187_zps748e6499.jpg
2013-05-26 6:08 AM
in reply to: Jigger

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Beautiful pics, Scott!!  You live in a gorgeous part of the world!  Love to see pics from other people's training areas!!
2013-05-26 8:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

Originally posted by Hildebeast Beautiful pics, Scott!!  You live in a gorgeous part of the world!  Love to see pics from other people's training areas!!

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous!! I so miss the North woods! We live in a very beautiful wooded area in the South, but it is completely different.

2013-05-26 8:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

Originally posted by Hildebeast Beautiful pics, Scott!!  You live in a gorgeous part of the world!  Love to see pics from other people's training areas!!

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous!! I so miss the North woods! We live in a very beautiful wooded area in the South, but it is completely different.

2013-05-26 9:40 AM

User image

Northern Ontario (near Lake Superior)
Thanks I thought it would be nice to see other members area also.

2013-05-26 9:57 AM
in reply to: #4724462

User image

Veteran
I'm out of town and posting from an ipod, so sorry about typos and formatting. Thanjs for sharing the photo. It looks beautiful there.
2013-05-26 10:03 AM
in reply to: #4757146

User image

Veteran
I had my first run (run 2min/walk 1min) with a dog today. Our dog that we got in mid-April, Misty, did great. She trotted along beside me and didnt cross in front or speed up or slow down. It was great! Only one pit stop (and it wasnt on anyones lawn, so I left it). One person out walking that she wanted to greet and some bunnies got her interest a bit, but no problem keeping focussed for the mosy part.
2013-05-26 6:07 PM
in reply to: Jigger

User image

New user
Originally posted by Jigger

Thanks I thought it would be nice to see other members area also.

wonderful views you've got there Scott. nice idea regarding other member's are also. will try to post pictures too.

2013-05-26 6:09 PM
in reply to: rustymom

User image

New user
Originally posted by rustymom

I had my first run (run 2min/walk 1min) with a dog today. Our dog that we got in mid-April, Misty, did great. She trotted along beside me and didnt cross in front or speed up or slow down. It was great! Only one pit stop (and it wasnt on anyones lawn, so I left it). One person out walking that she wanted to greet and some bunnies got her interest a bit, but no problem keeping focussed for the mosy part.

easy does it Andrea
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEBEAST'S Mentor Group, CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 29