BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2013-05-17 9:48 AM
in reply to: #4726389

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Open

As a general announcement, http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/incredible-fr910xt-fr310xt.html

Yup, the glorious 910xt, for $337.

My wife and I just got our Christmas presents.

If you're looking for a GPS watch, or a HRM, or a bike computer, spend the money.

Also, I may have a lighly used FR60 HRM (no gps) and an Edge 500 for sale

2013-05-17 2:12 PM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Originally posted by mirthfuldragon

As a general announcement, http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/incredible-fr910xt-fr310xt.html

If you're looking for a GPS watch, or a HRM, or a bike computer, spend the money.

If I would have only known about this 2 weeks ago when I bought mine! Agree though that this thing is crazy sexy!
2013-05-17 4:22 PM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by thor67

Asalzwed - 2013-05-16 5:29 PM
thor67 - 2013-05-16 2:20 PM

3 workouts down, 9 to go for the 12 for 17 challenge!

Don't get behind on your swim/bike/run workouts...

Awesome! So is it doing 12 workouts in 17 days?

Yeah , got a couple bonus days to start everyone out. :-)You have until the 31 to comete!

Great, I'm in!
2013-05-17 6:41 PM

User image

New user
Jacksonville

Yeah, trisports.com has the same deal (25% off all Garmin) - with all the $ I've spent lately on race registrations and other gear though, I don't think I could convince the wife that's a necessity.
2013-05-17 7:29 PM
in reply to: podemma

User image

San Diego, California
We had Bike to work Day here in SD which I participated in, stopped at a pit stop and got some goodies. I got a cliff bar, bottle of water and t-shirt. I tried to upload the ride from my Garmin but the site is having issues or I'm having issues. I also tried to add my name to the Weekly Goal Sheet but again I'm having issues. So if any one can help me out that would be great!

These are my goals:

3 swim workouts including 2 swim lessons
Try to workout two times a day at least 2 days this week
2 bike rides + 1 long bike ride no less then 40 miles
slowly increase my run distance

Octavio
2013-05-17 8:12 PM
in reply to: Ajokisch

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Is it possible to cycle with a patellar strap on? It's not painful just that damn tight rubbing feeling when I ride so it's kept me off the bike for the past 3 weeks. No issues running or walking just bent knee stuff. Would it work at all? Never seen or held one so not to sure what they do. All I know is when the leg is bent and I feel it pulling if I press where the pic shows the strap goes the tightness goes all way. Is this something I have to live with forever or will it heal over time? I have no idea how to deal with tendonitis since when I got it before in the other knee it just kind of went away in 2 weeks. Google has like a million different opinions and most I can gather is eccentric exercises. But what about in the mean time I don't want to be off the bike for another damn month.

I'm hoping some of you that have been at this longer either had this happen or read about it somewhere.

Sorry for the rage but just when the doc clears me to run after 4 months now I can't ride. One of these days I'll be able to S/B/R not just 1 or 2 of 3 Oh well I'll keep on trucking like always I guess.

2013-05-17 8:14 PM
in reply to: ockeme3

User image

New user
Jacksonville
Originally posted by ockeme3

(SNIP)

These are my goals:

Octavio

Yeah, I can't quote and insert my goals in the table, I get the HTML, not wysiwyg. Tried it in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, all the same. How does everyone else do it?

My goals for next week:

At least 2 swims
At least 2 strength
At least 2 runs
Shave, it's time to get my cycling legs back
2013-05-17 8:15 PM

User image

New user
Jacksonville
Sam Adams Double Agent IPL: discuss.
2013-05-17 8:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Originally posted by ockeme3

We had Bike to work Day here in SD which I participated in, stopped at a pit stop and got some goodies. I got a cliff bar, bottle of water and t-shirt. I tried to upload the ride from my Garmin but the site is having issues or I'm having issues. I also tried to add my name to the Weekly Goal Sheet but again I'm having issues. So if any one can help me out that would be great!

These are my goals:

Octavio

They are having issues with the upload features. I was looking over the bugs section and it's a work in progress. I had the same problem when I tried to upload my swim from today.

Go get em on those swim lessons. Tomorrow is my last day of stroke refinement class and my stroke is night and day difference. You will notice so much improvements from them.
2013-05-17 9:56 PM

User image

San Diego, California
Originally posted by Ajokisch

Yeah, trisports.com has the same deal (25% off all Garmin) - with all the $ I've spent lately on race registrations and other gear though, I don't think I could convince the wife that's a necessity.

Thanks for the heads up guys, I just bought mine
2013-05-18 5:20 AM
in reply to: podemma

User image

Tampa
Goals for the Week

-Get back in the pool
- 2 runs
-Log all workouts
-Golf!!

2013-05-18 2:47 PM
in reply to: josephje

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Got my patellar strap about an hour ago and sitting here at the PC not a bit of tightness like before. Dare I say I see a ride in my future? From talking with my LRS where I picked it up they are guessing it was all brought on by tight quads. He gave me a bunch of stretches to do 2x a day. Within a month it should be all good.
2013-05-18 7:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

San Diego, California
This has been a good week for me, I just completed my longest ride which was scheduled next week but due to some confusion this morning I ended up riding 49 miles with my triathlon club, it was supposed to be a 37 with group C but ended up in group B and riding 49 miles. I was surprised that I kept up and completed the distance.

Time for a Stone Ruination (first beer in two weeks) cheers!

Edited by ockeme3 2013-05-18 7:54 PM
2013-05-19 11:30 AM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Finished Trainer Road's 8 Days in California challenge - my legs are now on strike for the next 24 hours.

Then again, that may have something to do with moving into our new house. We were able to move everything in two trips, and we're in clean-up mode right now. Moving from a third floor walkup is not might idea of fun, but hopefully I will never have to deal with it again.

Also, moving day + 90min Queen's Ride on Trainer Road = smoked quads.

Tomorrow's a much-needed rest day, then traveling to visit family and run my first tri next Saturday. Fun times.

Honestly though, moving day made the trainer session one of the hardest workouts ever. My wife basically talked me through it, since I had to complete it to get the trainer road badge. I love her a lot, and her keeping me going through 90 minutes of quads-on-fire is something I can't thank her enough for.
2013-05-19 2:23 PM

User image

Veteran
New Mexico
So the pool at the Elks is finally open! Going to take the kids and just enjoy it today. Have a Dr. appointment Tuesday to see about the knee, but maybe I can get in some pool work while waiting for the final verdict. Hope everyone has a great week!
2013-05-19 4:45 PM
in reply to: jlangene

User image

Seattle
Did a 42 mile bike event yesterday from Redhook Brewery to a bar and back (so, lots of beer drinking) and then a 5k this morning. It was a TOUGH race as I'm still lacking some speed after the marathon but it was good enough for 2nd overall (women)

2013-05-19 4:49 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Champion
Calgary
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Did a 42 mile bike event yesterday from Redhook Brewery to a bar and back (so, lots of beer drinking) and then a 5k this morning. It was a TOUGH race as I'm still lacking some speed after the marathon but it was good enough for 2nd overall (women)

wow, great job, congrats.
2013-05-19 4:55 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary

never tried it, but it gets okay reviews here..http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/88429
2013-05-19 6:42 PM
in reply to: BigDH

User image

Expert
Originally posted by BigDH

never tried it, but it gets okay reviews here..http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/88429

Andres - The Double Agent IPL was based on the IPL from my friends brewery. The place is called Jack's Abby and all their beers are lagers as they are all made with lager yeast. Jack's has gotten some good press and Jim Koch "stole" the recipe. Stole is a strong word since Jack's Abby tastes damn good and Sam Adam's tastes like crap. Just my opinion.
2013-05-19 6:50 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Adrienne - nice work on the bike/run. The run sounds like something we did in my fraternity back in college. We got good an liquored up and then competed in a bunch of athletic events. It was a lot of fun but it was one of my worst hangovers evah!

2013-05-19 6:56 PM

User image

Expert
Evening All: I had a decent weekend exercise-wise. Yesterday, I went out with a bunch of quys who ride in town and they proceeded to kick my a$$. These guys routinely average 22-25 mph and they left me in the dust. But I was stoked to get back and see that my average speed was the fastest of the season. Today I ignored my sore knee and got in 5K. Hoping for a big week this week.

As promised (a week ago), here is the race report from last week. http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

2013-05-19 7:33 PM
in reply to: bardscript

User image

Expert
Originally posted by bardscript

I would love to join this group. I am a 41 year old man scheduled for my first sprint tri in August. I am married with 2 kids and have full support from family and friends. I've been doing a ton of research but I still have so many questions. I work a lot and need precious time with my family so I need to be creative with my work outs. I am physically fit but I could stand to lose 15 lbs for my short frame. 

Currently I swim about a mile 2 to 3 times per week with workouts I get from swimplan.com. I just invested in a road bike today and plan to get some miles on it starting monday. running is my weakest point. I'm not a good distance runner but I am sure I will get better. 

I love all beer. We have a few good local microbrews here in ABQ. Marble Brewery does a good IPA and Red. 

Salud!

I don't think anyone formall welcome you to the group. Sorry about that! Welcome!
2013-05-19 7:47 PM

User image

Expert
Damn! I tried to post a table with all our names and the links to our training logs. Cutting and pasting of a table doesn't work in the forum, Can anyone figure out how to do it or is it impossible on the new BT?

Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Weekly Goal Sheet
kevinbeKevin
thor67 Thor
SportzVision Cynthia
jlangene Jared
mirthfuldragon Charles
Burd Alex
bobddsmd Bobby
justinfss Justin
BigDH Darren/DH
Asalzwed Adrienne
Ajokisch Andres
hoenninger George
josephje Jen
podemma Matt
ockeme3 Octavio
capnrus789 Rus
bardscript Sean
Qua17 David or DQ
2013-05-20 5:12 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
Good Morning - Until I can figure out how to create a table in a forum post - we will have to post our goals in a different way. Let's try this:When adding your goals - please quote this goal page.

David
1) Continue to do yoga 3x per week
2) Focus on bike speed
3) Record calories
2013-05-20 5:17 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Veteran
New Mexico
Originally posted by Qua17

Good Morning - Until I can figure out how to create a table in a forum post - we will have to post our goals in a different way. Let's try this:When adding your goals - please quote this goal page.

David
1) Continue to do yoga 3x per week
2) Focus on bike speed
3) Record calories

Jared
1) get to the pool 3 times
2) If Dr. says knee is ok get on bike x2 and run x2
3) Survive the Memorial Day Weekend
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 70