BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 94

2012-12-04 7:19 PM
in reply to: #4520728

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society
thor67 - 2012-12-04 6:02 AM

Well, had a lazy workout weekend...as in none, other then hockey game and 2 hockey practices with my kids. Picked up the standard dozen Phillips IPA multipack and a 6pk of Nelson Brewing IPA paddywack(probably closer to you Kevin then me!) Nelson IPA was disappointing, as it seemed to lack depth...my wife liked it though. 

Had one of my better runs this morning. Not sure if it is because I picked up the pace or it was the bowl of chips I had last night...

Cheers everyone!

Nice.

I was lazy on the w/o this weekend as well, and also had a tremendous run today.  maybe we do better w/ a little rest?  

Fish tale Ale  Winter brew.  more like an IPA than a winter brew, which is still fantastic in my book.  I have 1 more 6 pk, and a growler left for the month and will ask you guys to call me on my bs if I go over.

2012-12-05 7:56 AM
in reply to: #4522108

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: RE: bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society
kevinbe - 2012-12-04 6:19 PM

Well, had a lazy workout weekend...as in none, other then hockey game and 2 hockey practices with my kids. Picked up the standard dozen Phillips IPA multipack and a 6pk of Nelson Brewing IPA paddywack(probably closer to you Kevin then me!) Nelson IPA was disappointing, as it seemed to lack depth...my wife liked it though. 

Had one of my better runs this morning. Not sure if it is because I picked up the pace or it was the bowl of chips I had last night...

Cheers everyone!

Nice.

I was lazy on the w/o this weekend as well, and also had a tremendous run today.  maybe we do better w/ a little rest?  

Fish tale Ale  Winter brew.  more like an IPA than a winter brew, which is still fantastic in my book.  I have 1 more 6 pk, and a growler left for the month and will ask you guys to call me on my bs if I go over.

seriously, that is all you have left for the month? Good luck.
2012-12-05 8:50 AM
in reply to: #4522528

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
BigDH - 2012-12-05 6:56 AM

Cheers everyone!

Nice.

Is Dec. 21-26 exempt from not buying beer?Smile

Gotta say I have had some great beers from fish tale!

2012-12-05 9:36 AM
in reply to: #4522648

User image

Champion
Calgary
thor67 - 2012-12-05 7:50 AM

Cheers everyone!

Nice.

I'm a gonna get out and buy me a bottle of this this week.

http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/scotch/scotch-reviews/white-owl-wh...
2012-12-05 10:22 AM
in reply to: #4522772

User image

Expert

I'm a gonna get out and buy me a bottle of this this week. http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/scotch/scotch-reviews/white-owl-wh... read the review - you had me at hangover...

I am/know people who can’t drink rye?
They can drink ours as with triple filtering – “we clean the evil out”. This also helps in reducing the occurrence of hangovers.

2012-12-05 10:36 AM
in reply to: #4522648

User image

Expert
thor67 - 2012-12-05 8:50 AM

Cheers everyone!

Nice.

My father had an expression that I absolutely hated as a kid - "Prior planning prevents poor performance."  But I have to say - it really applies here.  Thor's point is excellent but doesn't even begin to take into account New Year's Eve festivities...  

Two suggestions - 1) Cut yourself off now so you can have something tasty to drink later in the month or 2) earn an extra six pack or two by working out longer.  On average, it takes someone your size about 30 minutes to burn off 200 calories,which = 1 tasty IPA.  So, for every half hour you work out in addition to your weekly plan, you earn another beer.  1 hour a week for 3 weeks = 1 six pack.  

Make it happen!

2012-12-05 10:44 AM
in reply to: #4522921

User image

Expert

Checking in... For the past 4 days, I've been laid low by a nasty cold.  I've had to stay home from work and I've missed out on the opportunity to enjoy the warm weather that we've been enjoying on the East Coast (yesterday it was 55 degrees).  The timing couldn't have been better.  Not only have I gotten to spend some quality time with the kids (they've been sick too) but it's also kept me from doing something stupid to irritate my bursitis - which is feeling much better.

Hoping to get back in the pool either on Thursday or Saturday and then try a little biking before heading out for a run next week.

With that chocolate chip mint stout ready to go on tap, I've got to get out there and earn my beer.

2012-12-05 10:46 AM
in reply to: #3943114

User image

Expert
One more thing - would you guys send me a personal message with your addresses.  I'd like to send you all a Christmas card...
2012-12-05 2:18 PM
in reply to: #4522884

User image

Champion
Calgary
Qua17 - 2012-12-05 9:22 AM

I'm a gonna get out and buy me a bottle of this this week. http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/scotch/scotch-reviews/white-owl-wh... read the review - you had me at hangover...

They can drink ours as with triple filtering – “we clean the evil out”. This also helps in reducing the occurrence of hangovers.

I'll let you know how it goes.
2012-12-05 2:47 PM
in reply to: #4523348

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
BigDH - 2012-12-05 1:18 PM

Sooo, how many ounces will you be drinking to test this theory out?? Laughing

2012-12-06 5:55 AM
in reply to: #4523408

User image

Expert
thor67 - 2012-12-05 2:47 PM

Let's just hope that DH doesn't approach this test in the same way he approaches his running...Laughing

2012-12-06 7:53 AM
in reply to: #4524045

User image

Champion
Calgary
Qua17 - 2012-12-06 4:55 AM

Let's just hope that DH doesn't approach this test in the same way he approaches his running...Laughing

HA, yes indeed. I "stumbled" upon a bottle of this yesterday and brought her home. My wife says, "tastes like distilled egg nog". It is super clean. Like it is clear right, but it starts out as rye, weird.

Drunk her straight with a drop or two of water. Will make a fine dessert whiskey. Which is funny, because I often have cake and think, mmmm, some whiskey would be good right about here, and then I try some and it isn't so good.

I can see it being really nice in any cocktail that doesn't use Clamato juice. Probably wouldn't want to mix it with gin either.

I mean it is really good. A couple drops of coke would really do the trick.

Like egg nog though, I think you will have to be in a specific mood to have it. Mixed with egg nog it would be unbelievable I am sure.

I did not test the hangover theory. I doubt I could have more than a couple shots though.

The only negative is that it has that super clean taste at the end. Like it finishes completely tasteless. I don't know what you call that. I am not sure if it is a negative.

I also brought home some blueberry "flavored" beer....but that is another story.
2012-12-06 8:17 AM
in reply to: #4524139

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
BigDH - 2012-12-06 6:53 AM

HA, yes indeed. I "stumbled" upon a bottle of this yesterday and brought her home. My wife says, "tastes like distilled egg nog". It is super clean. Like it is clear right, but it starts out as rye, weird. Drunk her straight with a drop or two of water. Will make a fine dessert whiskey. Which is funny, because I often have cake and think, mmmm, some whiskey would be good right about here, and then I try some and it isn't so good. I can see it being really nice in any cocktail that doesn't use Clamato juice. Probably wouldn't want to mix it with gin either. I mean it is really good. A couple drops of coke would really do the trick. Like egg nog though, I think you will have to be in a specific mood to have it. Mixed with egg nog it would be unbelievable I am sure. I did not test the hangover theory. I doubt I could have more than a couple shots though. The only negative is that it has that super clean taste at the end. Like it finishes completely tasteless. I don't know what you call that. I am not sure if it is a negative. I also brought home some blueberry "flavored" beer....but that is another story.

I am telling you, find the Phillips IPA 12pk, 4 different hopped up beers! Stay away from the fruity beers, yes, there are a few good ones but as far as a batting average goes...they suck!

Not sure on the rye. I had a bad experience in college with rye and have never touched it since...

If I am drinking hard liquor it is a good rum...

2012-12-06 8:33 AM
in reply to: #4524180

User image

Champion
Calgary
thor67 - 2012-12-06 7:17 AM

HA, yes indeed. I "stumbled" upon a bottle of this yesterday and brought her home. My wife says, "tastes like distilled egg nog". It is super clean. Like it is clear right, but it starts out as rye, weird. Drunk her straight with a drop or two of water. Will make a fine dessert whiskey. Which is funny, because I often have cake and think, mmmm, some whiskey would be good right about here, and then I try some and it isn't so good. I can see it being really nice in any cocktail that doesn't use Clamato juice. Probably wouldn't want to mix it with gin either. I mean it is really good. A couple drops of coke would really do the trick. Like egg nog though, I think you will have to be in a specific mood to have it. Mixed with egg nog it would be unbelievable I am sure. I did not test the hangover theory. I doubt I could have more than a couple shots though. The only negative is that it has that super clean taste at the end. Like it finishes completely tasteless. I don't know what you call that. I am not sure if it is a negative. I also brought home some blueberry "flavored" beer....but that is another story.

I am telling you, find the Phillips IPA 12pk, 4 different hopped up beers! Stay away from the fruity beers, yes, there are a few good ones but as far as a batting average goes...they suck!

Not sure on the rye. I had a bad experience in college with rye and have never touched it since...

oh, also, it doesn't taste like rye...okay, just a little though.
2012-12-06 9:30 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
so I been thinking about it, and I kinda got a sore throat, but the rye is helping that out, so tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and CRUSH IT.

what's all your plans?
2012-12-06 10:58 PM
in reply to: #4525564

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

BigDH - 2012-12-06 7:30 PM so I been thinking about it, and I kinda got a sore throat, but the rye is helping that out, so tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and CRUSH IT. what's all your plans?

\Having an enjoyable double of the McNaughty tonight.  I went and purchased a 22 oz of Mongoose IPA.  I think I've had it before, but not sure.  Celebrating the end of my second to last semester of grad school tonight.  I always bottleneck all of the graduate projects till the end of the semester, so I basically just do the requirements of the class and save all the project work to the last two weeks of the semester.  Well, now I'm done.

6.2 miler tomorrow.

I signed up for my rec hockey team.  1 game a week.  I couldn't stay away long. 

2012-12-07 2:28 PM
in reply to: #4525564

User image

Champion
Calgary
BigDH - 2012-12-06 8:30 PM

so I been thinking about it, and I kinda got a sore throat, but the rye is helping that out, so tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and CRUSH IT.

what's all your plans?

Turns out that the dear daughter was up last night with puke covering her ENTIRE bed. I don't know how that is possible. We think she went into a coughing fit and that is what caused it. So not a good quality sleep last night so I passed on the intervals and went for a long slow one.

Listening to Lewis Black's Dreaming of a Black Christmas, I don't recommend it but it is entertaining enough.
2012-12-07 8:43 PM
in reply to: #4526595

User image

Expert

BigDH - 2012-12-07 2:28 PM
BigDH - 2012-12-06 8:30 PM so I been thinking about it, and I kinda got a sore throat, but the rye is helping that out, so tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and CRUSH IT. what's all your plans?
Turns out that the dear daughter was up last night with puke covering her ENTIRE bed. I don't know how that is possible. We think she went into a coughing fit and that is what caused it. So not a good quality sleep last night so I passed on the intervals and went for a long slow one. Listening to Lewis Black's Dreaming of a Black Christmas, I don't recommend it but it is entertaining enough.

Sorry to hear about the sick kiddo...  Hope it was just the coughing and not something more serious.

Lewis Black the man!  

2012-12-07 8:50 PM
in reply to: #4524180

User image

Expert
thor67 - 2012-12-06 8:17 AM

I'm starting to think that you really like fruit beers and are just trying to cover up... Plus, I don't think you have anything to say considering you thought about adding coke to scotch... Now rum would go well with that coke...

2012-12-08 9:00 AM
in reply to: #4526957

User image

Champion
Calgary
Qua17 - 2012-12-07 7:43 PM

BigDH - 2012-12-07 2:28 PM
BigDH - 2012-12-06 8:30 PM so I been thinking about it, and I kinda got a sore throat, but the rye is helping that out, so tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and CRUSH IT. what's all your plans?
Turns out that the dear daughter was up last night with puke covering her ENTIRE bed. I don't know how that is possible. We think she went into a coughing fit and that is what caused it. So not a good quality sleep last night so I passed on the intervals and went for a long slow one. Listening to Lewis Black's Dreaming of a Black Christmas, I don't recommend it but it is entertaining enough.

Sorry to hear about the sick kiddo...  Hope it was just the coughing and not something more serious.

Lewis Black the man!  

kids fine, although she is complaining about peeing again so we may be dealing with the bladder infection that never goes away.

So, about the book, I feel kinda bad, it has an excellent epilogue about the war in afghanistan and Iraq that makes the rest of the book worthwhile.
2012-12-08 3:05 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

This is worth a brag.  45:02 this morning on my 6.2 miler.  That's a 7:14/mi pace and a pr for this course. 

I got back into the rec league and play my first game on Tuesday night.  good stuff.

2012-12-08 3:34 PM

User image

Expert
6.8 mile bike... Knee feels goodBottling the chocolate mint chip stout tonight. I know you are jealous
2012-12-08 6:57 PM
in reply to: #4527372

User image

Champion
Calgary
kevinbe - 2012-12-08 2:05 PM

This is worth a brag.  45:02 this morning on my 6.2 miler.  That's a 7:14/mi pace and a pr for this course. 

I got back into the rec league and play my first game on Tuesday night.  good stuff.

wow, that is smoking, good work.
2012-12-09 10:09 PM
in reply to: #4527372

User image

Expert
kevinbe - 2012-12-08 3:05 PM

Not only is it worth a brag - its worth a beer! Fantastic job!
2012-12-09 10:17 PM

User image

Expert
Two days of workout in the books. Almost as good as the chocolate stout. I started taking glucosamine today for my sore knee and shoulder. Any one have any luck with that and what was your dosage.Goals for the week:1)2 hours of exercise2). Ice daily and stretch for 100 minutes3) log food each day If I achieve all three goals - good beer all weekend. Each goal I don't reach = 1 day of coors light. Anyone wanna take this goal challenge with me?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  

of 94