BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 94

2012-12-09 10:17 PM
in reply to: #4528580

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society

Nah, I'm measuring.  I'm down to one 6pk and a growler.  I think I'm saving it till the week before christmas for the 6 and new years eve for the growler.

League nights are excluded as I think I make up for drink with the workout of hockey, so that's a wash.

Well gents, and lady, I have to schedule a consult tomorrow to have the procedure taken care of.  #3 came as a surprise, and we don't want to go down that road again.  So...  I was hoping to do it after the marathon while I heal up and take a wk-10 days off anyways, but wife feels as though I am being a bit selfish waiting till she's 8 months along because it fits the training plan better.  I lost that fight before it could even start.  schnikeys.

2012-12-10 8:27 AM
in reply to: #4528591

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: RE: bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society
kevinbe - 2012-12-09 9:17 PM

Nah, I'm measuring.  I'm down to one 6pk and a growler.  I think I'm saving it till the week before christmas for the 6 and new years eve for the growler.

League nights are excluded as I think I make up for drink with the workout of hockey, so that's a wash.

Well gents, and lady, I have to schedule a consult tomorrow to have the procedure taken care of.  #3 came as a surprise, and we don't want to go down that road again.  So...  I was hoping to do it after the marathon while I heal up and take a wk-10 days off anyways, but wife feels as though I am being a bit selfish waiting till she's 8 months along because it fits the training plan better.  I lost that fight before it could even start.  schnikeys.

dude if you can ration your supply until next year you are a stronger man than I.

About the other thing, you are also a stronger man than I. I say aim for a killer week and get it done early. Your marathon is May right, so get it done in January, you still have a 4 month training block, which is all that is really healthy anyways. Your performance will not suffer.

hehe. performance.....
2012-12-10 8:28 AM
in reply to: #3943114

User image

Champion
Calgary
um, goals for this week, same as last 4 weeks, run 112 kms. Groan.
2012-12-10 8:57 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Nice job gentlemen!

Looks like everyone is doing well.

Kevin, lightning fast buddy!

David, good to see you back in the swing of things!

Darren, as usual, killin' the long runs! BTW, nice pic in the paper! crazy bastard! Smile

Weekend of the usual, coaching my kids hockey, some christmas shopping and a christmas party where I only went to the buffet line once, limited my desert intake(still too much but...) and had 2 bottles of alexander keiths amber, nothing to write home about and a glass of wine. 

Feeling good about my weight. Clothing fitting good to slightly loose so on track still. Still want to be down to 210 by Christmas! 190 by easter.

Christmas game...if you could have one triathlon related thing what would it be??(money would be no object) Me I would love a new road bike fitted with tri bars etc. Brand doesn't really matter to me, just a good fitting, high quality road bike!

2012-12-10 6:59 PM
in reply to: #4528935

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
thor67 - 2012-12-10 6:57 AM

Nice job gentlemen!

Darren, as usual, killin' the long runs! BTW, nice pic in the paper! crazy bastard! Smile

Weekend of the usual, coaching my kids hockey, some christmas shopping and a christmas party where I only went to the buffet line once, limited my desert intake(still too much but...) and had 2 bottles of alexander keiths amber, nothing to write home about and a glass of wine. 

Feeling good about my weight. Clothing fitting good to slightly loose so on track still. Still want to be down to 210 by Christmas! 190 by easter.

Christmas game...if you could have one triathlon related thing what would it be??(money would be no object) Me I would love a new road bike fitted with tri bars etc. Brand doesn't really matter to me, just a good fitting, high quality road bike!

Same.  I am borrowing a decent bike, but it would be nice to own a solid tri/ or road bike.  Mines a pile and a half, but it's mine.

2012-12-10 9:23 PM
in reply to: #4528935

User image

Expert
thor67 - 2012-12-10 8:57 AM

Nice job gentlemen!

Wow - I would be tempted to get bike too but I love my bike. So I think if I thought about it I would either choose 1) the new garmin watch or 2) a years worth of weekly massages. Glad to hear the weight is coming off again. Better get to 210 or else Santa Will leve you coors in your stocking...

2012-12-10 9:34 PM

User image

Expert
Wow there is a lot going on in the last few posts...Kevin - not sure which I admire more about you - the fact that you are willing to do what you need to do In order to not be blessed with a fourth child... Or the fact that you can go the next 2 weeks with no beers except when you are playing hockey. I agree with DH - get it done now. You will have plenty of time to kick before you break your 3:20 goal Darren - your mileage goal is incredible. Hard core. Way to finish strong at the end of the year. definitely - something to be proud of. So how is everyone doing in the weight loss challenge? I haven't weighed myself in more than a week - I will step on the scale on Wednesday and let you know how it goes. Hope everyone is off to a good start...Run and swim tomorrow...
2012-12-11 8:42 AM
in reply to: #4530121

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Qua17 - 2012-12-10 8:23 PM

Nice job gentlemen!

Wow - I would be tempted to get bike too but I love my bike. So I think if I thought about it I would either choose 1) the new garmin watch or 2) a years worth of weekly massages. Glad to hear the weight is coming off again. Better get to 210 or else Santa Will leve you coors in your stocking...

Wouldn`t we all like those "weekly massages"...Wink

Would that be the garmin 910?

2012-12-11 9:44 AM
in reply to: #4530121

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Qua17 - 2012-12-10 9:23 PM

Nice job gentlemen!

Garmin for me too!  Wish I could play Santa!

2012-12-11 9:49 AM
in reply to: #4527372

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
kevinbe - 2012-12-08 3:05 PM

This is worth a brag.  45:02 this morning on my 6.2 miler.  That's a 7:14/mi pace and a pr for this course. 

I got back into the rec league and play my first game on Tuesday night.  good stuff.

Nice Kevin! 

2012-12-11 9:52 AM
in reply to: #4528590

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

Qua17 - 2012-12-09 10:17 PM Two days of workout in the books. Almost as good as the chocolate stout. I started taking glucosamine today for my sore knee and shoulder. Any one have any luck with that and what was your dosage.Goals for the week:1)2 hours of exercise2). Ice daily and stretch for 100 minutes3) log food each day If I achieve all three goals - good beer all weekend. Each goal I don't reach = 1 day of coors light. Anyone wanna take this goal challenge with me?

You got this!  Your goals are very doable! Typed by the lady who hasn't kept with any of her doable goals!

2012-12-11 9:59 AM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
kevinbe - 2012-12-09 10:17 PM

Ouch!  Good luck with that!  Not too selfish...at least you are the one taking the bullet.

2012-12-11 10:07 AM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

For my birthday my oldest surprised me by showing up with my grandson on Wednesday.  So we have been busy with Christmas tree hunting, skiing and general fun!  Does dragging his 3 year old up the bunny hill 20x count as hill repeats?  Sore from yesterdays ski lesson but it was a lot of fun!  

I haven't been logging my minimal training but am getting some stuff in there...short run, an hour of yoga and my daughter brought me the Shaun T videos.  Guess I am mixing it up this month with lots of different activities.  

2012-12-11 3:09 PM
in reply to: #4530584

User image

Expert
SportzVision - 2012-12-11 10:07 AM

For my birthday my oldest surprised me by showing up with my grandson on Wednesday.  So we have been busy with Christmas tree hunting, skiing and general fun!  Does dragging his 3 year old up the bunny hill 20x count as hill repeats?  Sore from yesterdays ski lesson but it was a lot of fun!  

I haven't been logging my minimal training but am getting some stuff in there...short run, an hour of yoga and my daughter brought me the Shaun T videos.  Guess I am mixing it up this month with lots of different activities.  

Hey Cynthia - Happy Belated Birthday!!!I don't want to get too personal here - especially when it comes to birthdays - but I find it amazing considering your picture that you have a grandson!  You look my age and I hope I've got 15 to 20 years before someone calls me granddad...

No worries about not logging.  Its december.  As long as you are mixing it up by doing different types of fun activities, I'd say more power to you.

2012-12-11 3:12 PM

User image

Expert
kevinbe - 2012-12-09 10:17 PM

Kev:

Again - not to get all personal here - but how did the procedure go?  I'd say that you're entitled to at least a case of beer for taking one for the team by getting this done...  You're the man!

2012-12-11 3:28 PM

User image

Expert

Overslept this morning and really had to fight with myself in order to get my a$$ out the door.  What finally did the trick was imagining myself standing in a line at the post office at the end of the post office having to send y'all my heard earned money when I lost the bet.  To borrow a line from Princess Bride: "Never mess with a Clevelander when BEER is on the line!"

I got in a short run/walk of 2.8 miles with a slow pace of 12mph... My knees were a little sore and I grabbed an ice pack on the way to the gym for a swim.  Had to wait forever to finally grab a lane... but I didn't miss the workout... Glad to see the return of the getting it done at all cost mindset...

As for the Garmin - you are correct.  The beautiful and functional 910 makes me drool!

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get outside for a bike ride after school.  Don't forget to weigh in morning.  I'm a little nervous to be honest.

2012-12-11 6:03 PM
in reply to: #4531191

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Qua17 - 2012-12-11 3:09 PM
SportzVision - 2012-12-11 10:07 AM

Hey Cynthia - Happy Belated Birthday!!!I don't want to get too personal here - especially when it comes to birthdays - but I find it amazing considering your picture that you have a grandson!  You look my age and I hope I've got 15 to 20 years before someone calls me granddad...

No worries about not logging.  Its december.  As long as you are mixing it up by doing different types of fun activities, I'd say more power to you.

You just became my new BEST FRIEND EVER!!!!!! Thanks!  
2012-12-12 4:10 AM

User image

Expert
Morning Everyone - Weighted in this morning and tipped the scales at 179.8.  Down one pound.  Hope you all are off to a good start as well!  
2012-12-12 10:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
215, strange I was 213 earlier in the week...damn scale. Still down though. Could be the 5 cups of coffee I have had this morning...
2012-12-12 6:42 PM
in reply to: #4532238

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

thor67 - 2012-12-12 8:34 AM 215, strange I was 213 earlier in the week...damn scale. Still down though. Could be the 5 cups of coffee I have had this morning...

189.  The beer after game didn't help the scale, but it sure did help the psyche.  down 1 lb.

2012-12-12 9:07 PM
in reply to: #4533031

User image

Expert
kevinbe - 2012-12-12 6:42 PM

thor67 - 2012-12-12 8:34 AM 215, strange I was 213 earlier in the week...damn scale. Still down though. Could be the 5 cups of coffee I have had this morning...

189.  The beer after game didn't help the scale, but it sure did help the psyche.  down 1 lb.

Gentlemen - Be proud!  A loss is a loss!  Sure - it would be great if it were more but the fact is that you lost weight in December!  That's quality work - keep it up!

2012-12-12 9:51 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
I'm going to start ramping it up a week early.  Will run 14 miles in the next 2days.  8.2 mile long run tomorrow, and a 5.5 mile recovery run on Friday.  Going Fishing on Saturday on the mighty Upper Columbia.  Should be a great time.
2012-12-13 11:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
F-L-U...training on hold for this week...might have to break out the rum.
2012-12-13 12:04 PM
in reply to: #4533750

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
thor67 - 2012-12-13 11:06 AM F-L-U...training on hold for this week...might have to break out the rum.
Feel better soon!!!!!
2012-12-13 12:05 PM
in reply to: #4533143

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
kevinbe - 2012-12-12 9:51 PM
I'm going to start ramping it up a week early.  Will run 14 miles in the next 2days.  8.2 mile long run tomorrow, and a 5.5 mile recovery run on Friday.  Going Fishing on Saturday on the mighty Upper Columbia.  Should be a great time.
ha ha 5.5 IS my long run!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bigDH's accountability training a.k.a Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society Rss Feed  

of 94