Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Have any medical knowledge? PLEASE help if you can. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-05-19 7:43 PM
in reply to: #4215024

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Have any medical knowledge? PLEASE help if you can.

Heh. My sweet mad polymath and Verga ...

Not at all. Anybody would do this for someone they loved. The things you said might be true if I were willing to do it for one of the physicians who did this to my mom.

And if I were truly the only person left on Earth who could do it, I would. Because I genuinely would not wish this on my worst enemy. Has nothing to do with being a saint; I couldn't live with myself if I willingly allowed someone and their family to suffer like this, regardless of who they are or what they'd done, if I were in any position to do anything about it.

I will pray for these physicians and their families (AND ESPECIALLY THEIR PATIENTS!!!). Again ... nothing to do with goodness; I'm just not willing to suffer emotionally for their mistakes anymore. I need peace and grace and I can't do that with these daggers sitting in my heart.

Besides ... those guys are going to need some happiness in this life because I have a feeling there won't be too much where they're going after. Innocent

2012-05-19 7:52 PM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

I'm not prone to prayer myself.   I don't know what comes next, if anything.   The concept of heaven and hell are earthly ideals.   They exist in the here and now, and are being played out as we speak.    They exist because of the choices that we make as individuals, in the situations that we find ourselves in. 

That being said, I'm still holding out for Valhalla.   You, my dear, have Teutonic blood coursing through your veins.   You are a Valkyrie of legend.  It's from your mother's heritage.

Edited by MadMathemagician 2012-05-19 7:54 PM
2012-05-19 9:44 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
You thought you needed endurance and strength at Melbourne. Nope. God mocks at plans and tests us in his own way. You're on the IM of God's choosing this week. Finish strong!
2012-05-19 10:42 PM

User image

Master
Oceanside, California
Not so good with the words thing, but you have our lovel.
2012-05-19 10:48 PM
in reply to: #4218522

User image

Master
TriAya - 2012-05-19 5:43 PM

Not at all. Anybody would do this for someone they loved. The things you said might be true if I were willing to do it for one of the physicians who did this to my mom.

And if I were truly the only person left on Earth who could do it, I would. Because I genuinely would not wish this on my worst enemy. Has nothing to do with being a saint; I couldn't live with myself if I willingly allowed someone and their family to suffer like this, regardless of who they are or what they'd done, if I were in any position to do anything about it.

I will pray for these physicians and their families (AND ESPECIALLY THEIR PATIENTS!!!). Again ... nothing to do with goodness; I'm just not willing to suffer emotionally for their mistakes anymore. I need peace and grace and I can't do that with these daggers sitting in my heart.

Besides ... those guys are going to need some happiness in this life because I have a feeling there won't be too much where they're going after. Innocent

And that, my Mentor Manatee, is why you can stay emotionally and spiritually strong and sane in the face of the madness that surrounds you at this time.  "Prayer does not change things for us, it changes us for things". 

2012-05-19 11:09 PM
in reply to: #4218688

User image

Melon Presser
bcraht - 2012-05-20 11:48 AM
TriAya - 2012-05-19 5:43 PM

And that, my Mentor Manatee, is why you can stay emotionally and spiritually strong and sane in the face of the madness that surrounds you at this time.  "Prayer does not change things for us, it changes us for things". 

Well, emotionally and spiritually strong, anyway

Sweet wise Kirsten. Thank you. And I am thinking of your own family member's health struggle right now.

Edited by TriAya 2012-05-19 11:10 PM

2012-05-20 8:07 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Operation Spring Mommy is complete!

We took her home today and she is a million percent better ... and so are we.

It's still going to be a long road to recovery--typhoid with pneumonia is no joke and she is, after all, 78.

We're still caring for her round the clock but it's just so much easier on our own turf. We can medicate her on a schedule so that she doesn't GET in pain or agitated, and have all our own equipment to monitor her instead of waiting six hours between nurse visits.

Fever spike tonight has been lower than ever and stabilized quickly. That's because we're not waiting hours for a doc to approve FRAKIN' TYLENOL and a nurse to show up with it. We just keep her on it. (Also, I'm sure the antibiotics are kicking in but even with treatment people can have significant fever spikes for a week or more).

Anyways, my mom felt well enough to complain about the temperature of her tea (no, you cannot have scalding hot tea right now the way you like it, sorry), and the consistency of her cornflakes that she asked for (I'm sorry, they have to be soggy because you're not the best chewer and swallower right now). These are excellent signs.

I gave her a blue Ironman Melbourne cap at the hospital as a "spring from jail" gift. She loves it and I'm sure one day soon she will be taking her brisk walks again and happily wearing it.

(01.MuttiHospital (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
01.MuttiHospital (Small).jpg (43KB - 22 downloads)
2012-05-20 12:36 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

Oh, Yanti.  I just read through this entire thread.  You are amazing. You have all of my prayers going forward - but you obviously haven't needed them.  I'm dealing with elderly, ill parents, and it's tough.  The situation that you are in defies words - as does your handling of it all.  Feeling as you do......wow.  just, wow.

hugs, prayers, thoughts....all of it.....heading your way.

2012-05-20 12:47 PM

User image

Master
Albuquerque
dp

Edited by abqtj 2012-05-20 12:48 PM

User image

Master
Albuquerque
dp

Edited by abqtj 2012-05-20 12:48 PM

User image

Master
Albuquerque
That picture is just priceless, Yanti! Keep up the good fight and I'm so glad to hear your mom has turned the corner for the better

2012-05-20 12:48 PM
in reply to: #4218827

User image

Master
TriAya - 2012-05-20 6:07 AM

It's still going to be a long road to recovery--typhoid with pneumonia is no joke and she is, after all, 78.

We're still caring for her round the clock but it's just so much easier on our own turf. We can medicate her on a schedule so that she doesn't GET in pain or agitated, and have all our own equipment to monitor her instead of waiting six hours between nurse visits.

Fever spike tonight has been lower than ever and stabilized quickly. That's because we're not waiting hours for a doc to approve FRAKIN' TYLENOL and a nurse to show up with it. We just keep her on it. (Also, I'm sure the antibiotics are kicking in but even with treatment people can have significant fever spikes for a week or more).

Anyways, my mom felt well enough to complain about the temperature of her tea (no, you cannot have scalding hot tea right now the way you like it, sorry), and the consistency of her cornflakes that she asked for (I'm sorry, they have to be soggy because you're not the best chewer and swallower right now). These are excellent signs.

I gave her a blue Ironman Melbourne cap at the hospital as a "spring from jail" gift. She loves it and I'm sure one day soon she will be taking her brisk walks again and happily wearing it.

Great news, Yanti!  Glad your mom is doing better.

2012-05-20 2:14 PM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL

Yanti, send lots of hugs to your mom from the other thrid worlders out here. And a big huge sloppy wet kiss for you. I think from now on I will put you as emergency contact info. Wink

2012-05-20 3:05 PM
in reply to: #4219040

User image

Expert
Prattville Insane Asylum San Antonio

abqtj - 2012-05-20 12:47 PM That picture is just priceless, Yanti! Keep up the good fight and I'm so glad to hear your mom has turned the corner for the better

x1000 You never cease to amaze me with your strength in every capacity, and by the looks of that photo, we can see you get it from your mutti!  

2012-05-20 5:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Melbourne

Awesome news Yanti!!!!

And your mom looks way cool in the IM hat!

2012-05-20 6:00 PM
in reply to: #4219359

User image

Pro
Evanston,
nigelw - 2012-05-20 6:50 PM

Awesome news Yanti!!!!

And your mom looks way cool in the IM hat!

Agreed on both counts.  And you are a marvel.  Prayers for continued recovery for both of you.

2012-05-20 6:22 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
TriAya - 2012-05-20 9:07 AM

Awesome news, Yanti.  Just make sure you take time to take care of yourself with the full time care of Mutti,
2012-05-20 11:27 PM

User image

I'm sincerely glad that things are better, even if they aren't back to normal. You are an amazingly strong woman. We're still praying for you and Mama Yanti.
2012-05-21 3:03 PM

User image

Elite
TriAya - 2012-05-20 8:07 AM

You couldn't make this stuff up!  Your mum looks great in the pic like recovery is around the corner and bringing her home is definitely the wisest move right now.

Hang in there Yanti and make sure you stay as well as you can too.  Chicken soup all round.

2012-05-21 6:30 PM

User image

Expert
Western WI
TriAya - 2012-05-20 8:07 AM

YAAAY! YANTI and TEAM!  Good work, I'm jumping for joy at your momma's improvement and your 'spring team's' tenacity!  Good work!  Continue the good fight!  Feel better soon, Yanit's momma!  You've got people all around the world pullin and pryain for ya!!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Have any medical knowledge? PLEASE help if you can. Rss Feed  

of 3