Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2024-06-22 2:49 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Hey, all.  Decent easy Friday workout for me after I blew off swimming this morning (I'll just add some tomorrow morning).  30 min bike in aero, 2 mile run on the treadmill (WAY too hot out) and some strength and core work.

@Robert - my daughter used the Garmin plans and they seem pretty good - I like how they adjust based on feedback but that would drive me crazy not knowing what I'm doing a week or two out.

Have a good weekend, all.  Good luck this weekend, Andrew!

I've used the Garmin plans before and really liked it!

2024-06-22 2:58 AM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Greetings from India!

I'm sitting in our conference (the main reason for me coming here) as we speak and getting LOTS of work done. I have listened to the talks here and there, but I don't understand half of what they are talking about so am using the time to catch up on email/work. It's actually been quite productive. Yesterday would've been the same, but instead I went to visit a bunch of clinics around Delhi. It was eye opening to say the least. It's amazing how much they do with very little.

It's not quite as horrible heat-wise as I thought it might be. I think my method of thinking it would be super uncomfortable worked. It's certainly warm (low 100s F), but honestly doesn't feel much different than Baltimore.

The flight was long but business class is definitely key. I brought my stretch rope and made sure to do some stretching throughout the flight. I made it to the gym yesterday after all the clinics (was trying not to take a nap) and got in my PT exercises and a 15 minute walk on a treadmill with a 2 minute run around the 10th minute. I was going to wait until July, but decided to see how it felt. Definitely felt my hip a little bit, so stopped after one 2 minute run. It didn't hurt, I was just aware of it, but didn't want to push it. I'm going to do this a couple times during this trip, before I make it home.

Went again this morning and got a 35 minute walk in. Probably going to do some core and weights this afternoon. Or just nap. I'm so tired and keep waking up at 3am.
2024-06-22 9:18 AM
in reply to: #5283710

User image

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Got my long run in with a friend of mine. We ended up going 9 because he wanted to throw his water bottle away, so we had to go a half mile extra to the next parking lot to do so. All good though. Felt strong and comfortable in the 80" humidity.
2024-06-22 9:43 AM
in reply to: robertChiefsFan

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Had a good-ish morning here with a good swim (1500) then about 75 minutes outdoors in the oven - supposed to be 90 but flatted and was only about a mile from the house so coasted a bit until it totally went flat then walked the final few hundred yards.  I lost my little regulator so I have no flat-repair capability right now - I gotta remedy that.  Still a good day of training.

2024-06-22 11:13 AM
in reply to: #5289072

User image

Oh no Mike! That sucks! At least you were close to home when it happened.
New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 956 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland