General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Switching to new running shoes: all at once, or work between "old style" and "new" shoes? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2024-06-04 12:56 PM

User image

Expert
St. Paul, MN
Subject: Switching to new running shoes: all at once, or work between "old style" and "new" shoes?
The topic is my basic question.

They've stopped making Saucony Hurricanes, and I've enjoyed success running in those over the years (no injuries in a while!!). I have ONE more new pair, and also a pair of Brooks Glycerins.

So my question is: is it "better" to go between the old reliable running shoes and the new shoes, swapping them out every run? Or just wear 1 pair at time? Any insight? Thanks!

2024-06-04 1:47 PM
in reply to: stevestenzel

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Switching to new running shoes: all at once, or work between "old style" and "new" shoes?

Every time I switch shoes (even new ones from the same model) I gradually adapt to them. 

Bummer on the Hurricanes...they didn't work for me but I know they're great shoes.  Glycerins are also good (I run in the Adrenaline) and I don't thing they're going anywhere.

2024-06-05 10:38 AM
in reply to: stevestenzel

User image

Subject: RE: Switching to new running shoes: all at once, or work between "old style" and "new" shoes?
Same thing here. Whenever I get a new pair (still using the Brooks Glycerin's for the last 15+ years), I break them in slowly on the treadmill first, before taking them out for outside run. I always keep two pair in rotation, and I switch between them. After break in, my new pair becomes my long run pair, and my "old" pair gets used for shorter stuff. And then the third older pair becomes lawn mowing fodder.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Switching to new running shoes: all at once, or work between "old style" and "new" shoes? Rss Feed