Make a Wish Foundation
45F / 7C
Overcast
Total Time = 9h 15m 29s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate a pack of cliff shot in the morning and also two banana's before leaving the house. The dranked some water and some weird stuff they were giving away at the race site. Race was running about 15min late for the start.
Event warmup:

Just spent about 15min stetching before the gun started.
Run
  • 29m 58s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

Started a little fast, then slowed down quite a lot later in the run. I noticed that my HR was running in the 160's and 170's which is a sort of high. Did not drink a single time on the course, which was a mistake that I made. When I saw them giving FIJI bottle, I just did not want to deal with that. Expected cups, not locked bottles. Just to be better prepared mentally for the race next time.
What would you do differently?:

Need to spend more time training on the run. Actually should try and will join a run challenge if some are willing next month. Have to concentrate on my weakest part of the sport.
Post race
Warm down:

After crossing finish line, spent about 15 min stretching to loosen my legs. They were really tight. Then just waited for my wife to cross the finish line for the 5K walk that she did. So proud of her for finishing it.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough running and no speed work before the race.

Last updated: 2008-01-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:58 | 03.11 miles | 09m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Course had a whole bunch of turns throughout town, and had some gentle climbs, but was pretty good overall. I had fun when out there on the course. Had some people pass me at the beginning, but actually caught a few and passed them on the course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-02-02 3:11 PM

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
Subject: Kendall Tenney 5K Run for a Wish

I was pretty happy from today. I think I could of done better if I had more running under my belt, just need to get mentally more ready.

I am happy, since last years time was 32:34 so I did better and also broke the 30min barrier, which was my goal.

Edited by devouahy 2008-02-02 3:13 PM

2008-02-06 5:45 PM
in reply to: #1191198

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: Kendall Tenney 5K Run for a Wish

Gotta love those 5k's!

Great job getting the PR!!!Laughing

Hint, I started running races with a small 8oz Fuel Belt bottle in my hand.  I always wet my mouth and put an oz or two on my head during a race.  Was perfect on the last 10k I did at 60F.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Kendall Tenney 5K Run for a Wish Rss Feed