Ft. Hood MWR
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 19m 40s
Overall Rank = 1-F/??
Age Group = 18-29
Age Group Rank = 1/??
Pre-race routine:

I got up at 0630 and had some breakfast and smaller cup of coffee than I do on a typical day. Just took my time waking up and then headed of to Ft. Hood at about 0800.
Event warmup:

Once I got my number and pinned it on a ran 200m or so and then just stretched and positioned myself near the front for the run. More people appeared to be out than at the one in Feb. It was a Run/Walk with different categories for Runners/Walkers. Easter Bunny was out too--people in costumes scare me, so I stayed away! ;) I ate a GU about 20 minutes before the race started. Hadn't really done that before, but think it helped.
Run
  • 19m 40s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

Well, I won my AG and Women's Overall again and got a nice plaque. I probably started out too fast again, BUT, I really did a much better job overall of pacing...and really it was the location of the uphill climbs that slowed the different miles down. I only got passed by a couple of folks, and I passed some guys. I have to admit, it is REALLY FUN to pass and beat guys, especially when they are young Soldiers that think they are hot to trot. The competitive side of me, what can I say! My Garmin showed it at only 2.9 miles, so I think it was short, so I'm not really as fast as it appears. HOWEVER, I was on a PR pace which is funny because I was just doing this because it was a free race and I like to race. The weather was perfect, the traffic was minimal and not in the way, and they did a much better job of organizing this on compared to the one in Feb. Lots of folks out, which is good to see. More people in this area need to get out. At about the 1 mile mark I got passed by a guy with some long legs pushing a stroller, he was FLYING...I told him "You Rock!" He had an Austin Marathon Finisher's T-shirt on and we chit chatted afterwards. Really felt like I pushed hard on that last mile better than I did last time. I'm conflicted on whether to call this a PR or not, because I'm pretty convinced it was short--everyone that had a Garmin on had it at least .2 miles short. I would've still PR'd it, but NOT this fast...still, I would've probably hit about 20:30, which is a good 35 secs faster than last month. I don't know where speed came from...really, I have no idea. I can't believe I felt smooth sub-7. I think the closest other woman finisher to me was at 23 min something. I may need to opt out of a couple of the future ones as it might be nice for someone else to win.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing much really, maybe better pacing, but it's definitely getting there for sure. I probably should've hydrated better yesterday. Wasn't dehydrated, but I feel I could've had a little more.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed some water, walked around, chit chatted with some other runners I had met last month and waited for all the runner/walkers to come in for the awards ceremony.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Maybe going out to fast still...but I really think I controlled this better. Really, I would say I need to drop some lbs. I think I have about 10 that need to go away and that will make me faster.

Event comments:

Much better than the last one they held.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-03-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:19:40 | 03.11 miles | 06m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/??
Overall: 1/??
Performance: Good
Mile 1: 6:35 Mile 2: 6:49 Mile 3: 6:57
Course: Course changed slightly from last time, more of a down and back, than down, loop, and then back. Starts with a nice downhill, then you have an uphill climbe near Corps HQs, then a downhill before hitting the uphill to the finish line.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-03-22 2:26 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Subject: Bunny Hop 5K

2008-03-22 5:10 PM
in reply to: #1287285

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Bunny Hop 5K

You are one fast women!!!

Congrats on being first over all women!!

It is a PB for sure your pace was faster than before. Races often aren't exactly right on distance wise and it depends how you run it..cut corners and the like.

Impressive....

"I may need to opt out of a couple of the future ones as it might be nice for someone else to win." Don't do that..your a competitor training hard enjoy what gifts God has given you and your training whenever you can!

Sweet race~ 

2008-03-24 8:57 AM
in reply to: #1287285

Master
Houston
Subject: RE: Bunny Hop 5K

Hey there Rocket girl!!!  Another fine day for you on the race road!  I can't wait for this weekend to finally meet you in person and hopefully, get to watch you race on Sunday!

Take care and see ya soon!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bunny Hop 5K Rss Feed