United States
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 21m 23s
Overall Rank = 34/425
Age Group = Male
Age Group Rank = 28/174
Pre-race routine:

Since this was a fun evening race, there wasn't much dedicated preparation I did for this race.
Event warmup:

Ran just under a mile with Brad. Found out that the course is hilly and starts by going up.
Run
  • 21m 23s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

Solid effort throughout. Took water from too aid stations. Not use to running in the heat just yet. Set a post-HS PR by about 20s on a hilly course.

Finished 50/425 in the Skirt Chaser challenge. This race is setup where the women start first, and then 3min later the guys start and "chase the skirts". First one to cross the finish line wins. As weds19 noted, It's nice to see nicer and nicer legs as you progress through the field:)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. This is marketed as a fun race and that's the way I treated it. Biking for 2+hrs earlier that day and eating a large lunch about 2hrs prior to the start didn't help, but I wasn't concerned about posting my best possible time.
Post race
Warm down:

Pounded water and tried not to puke, as I was burping lunch throughout the run. Ended up not puking and then had a sugar-free Red Bull (one of the sponsors). Prob should have experimented with the RB as a pre-race drink.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Biking and food as noted above.

Event comments:

Just a very fun chill race. They had two bands playing afterwards. Free local microbrew beer, Domino's pizza, Red Bull, chips, cookies, gummy bears, M&Ms etc.

Definitely a fun race I'd do again!

Last updated: 2008-04-17 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:23 | 03.11 miles | 06m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 28/174
Overall: 34/425
Performance: Average
1 7:00 165; 2 6:58 168; 3 6:45 168; 3+ 0:40 178
Course: Ran west from Glenwood. Do a one mile loop by NCSU and then back to Glenwood the way you went out. Uphill for mile 1, slight rolling for 2 and net downhill for 3.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes