General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Panama City Surf Report for GCHIM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-08 6:03 AM

User image

Master
Woodstock
Subject: Panama City Surf Report for GCHIM

Here is the local surf report for this weekend, looks like the swim may be a little more challenging with the building surf.

Tony’s Comments:
Wednesday 11am update  5/7/08 :  It's another AWESOME beach day but warmer!  NO SURF = still FLAT but surf should be ridable by tomorrow /mid-day.& build into the late afternoon according to models. The water is CRYSTAL EMERALD Blue / Green in 70s. Air temps in upper 80s today. Blue FLAGS -  No Seaweed /No Red Tide. No Jellies reported. Welcome TRIATHLETES looks like you"ll have great weather & but maybe a little rough for your swim. Looks like we"ll see a building swell by Thurs. thru the weekend.

2008-05-08 10:15 AM
in reply to: #1389158

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: Panama City Surf Report for GCHIM
I just like the "no jellies reported". I had one barely touch my right cheek last year.. No doubt about what I had just hit. It stung for a good hour.

The thing about the Gulf Surf is that it 'usually', and I say that with slight hesitation, is calm in the morning, and builds throughout the day. Hopefully that is the case here.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Panama City Surf Report for GCHIM Rss Feed