General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Title 9 Women Only Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2008-05-19 9:26 AM

User image

Subject: Title 9 Women Only Triathlon

Hello all you fabulous women!!!

I'm totally new to the triathlon scene, but I'm already getting excited about it!  Just started using this website too.  Have any of you done a tri in hopkinton (or at all!!) before?  It seemed like a good first time triathlon...and the women only thing helps lessen my intimidation a bit!  

I'd love to hear about your backgrounds and maybe start a little group for encouragement and insight! 

~Tina Laughing

2008-05-19 8:53 PM
in reply to: #1410522

Uxbridge
Subject: RE: Title 9 Women Only Triathlon
I've done 2 races in Hopkinton with max performance and I plan on doing the title 9 in September. I train there about once a week because its a decent bike route and great place to swim; plus I live pretty close to the park. PM me if you want to get together.
2008-07-02 7:39 AM
in reply to: #1412483

Hello there!  This is my first tri and I'm very excited (but totally intimidated)!  I would love to get together for a run, ride or swim with either or both of you.  I live fairly close to Hopkinton and would be willing and able to meet there.
2008-07-02 4:42 PM

User image

Beantown

I don't live anywhere near Hopkinton but would make the effort to meet you guys!! The ride from Boston would be worth it - and I don't want to swim in the river/bay for fear of turning green like Wally!!

Title 9 would be my first tri, too.

Mav, it would be great to get the female point of view on clothing, gear, etc!!

Have a great 4th everyone - hope to see you soon!

2008-07-02 6:50 PM

User image

Pro
MA

Nope, not racing Title 9 and not planning to swim/bk/run the course.  Just to let you guys know that the BT "MA Mafia" go to Walden Pond semi-regularly on Saturdays for swim/bike (or sometimes even a run) group trainings.  You are welcomed to join us. 

Since this coming weekend is july 4th and many people would be travelling/racing the Patriot HIM, there will not be a Walden training.  Check the forum for our next group swim. 

Happy tri-ing. 

2008-07-03 7:45 AM

Hi!

I did the NE season opener at Hopkinton this May as my first tri.  It was nice, and well-run.  I am doing Title 9, too, as my second tri!  I also live near Hopkinton, and it would be awesome to get together for some training with those of you who live nearby!

2008-07-06 12:33 PM

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA

Sounds like there's a handful of new racer women in Hopkinton, training for Title 9.  Very cool.  I hope one of you will take the lead and post a time/date/place for the swim/bike practices you might host out there.  It's a good way to meet tri-folks and BT'ers, but they don't happen unless someone just says "here's the info; I'm doing it!"

Cheers, -Sunny 

2008-07-06 6:43 PM

Uxbridge
OK... how 'bout next Sun 7/13 at 9:00 am. We'll meet at the beach and swim(i'll try to talk with the park ranger about letting us swim outside the bouys). Followed by the bike route. If anyone feels like running after biking we can do that too. I would like to be biking by 10:00 as the roads in Hopkinton can be pretty busy. Anyone interested??? I have also been outi n webster at least once a week as I am doing Danskin as well. Lots of women training out there!!!
2008-07-09 3:44 PM

User image

Beantown

Hi Girls,

i can do this sunday the 13th - anyone else?

2008-07-10 6:11 AM

Alas,  I am taking my kids to a birthday party at 10.  I am planning on getting out onto the race bike course for a ride earlier that morning, though (probably about 6).  I'll catch you all another weekend!  (In the meantime, if you see me, I ride a BRIGHT green bike, so I'm hard to miss!).
2008-07-11 12:33 PM

User image

Oooooo I wish I could join in!!!  I live on the Cape and won't be in the area on the 13th...but I'd love to plan for sometime in early Aug....I'll throw out a post when I figure it out!

PS.  What type of green bike?  I just got a new one and its lime green!!  

2008-07-13 12:43 PM

Uxbridge
Lisa( redsoxchick) and I had a great time in Hopkinton today. The water was great. FYI the lifeguards do not go on duty until 10:00am. You cannot swim outside the bouyed area once they are on duty, but before that time I dont think anyone will bother you.
2008-07-14 6:05 AM

So jealous.  I hope I'll be able to come and join in for a workout sometime soon!  I did get a ride in on the race course early Sunday, though!

(My lime-green bike is a Redline Conquest:  a cyclocross bike!  My husband created 'green hornet' decals for it...   ). 

2008-07-22 10:06 AM
in reply to: #1525875

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA

mav - 2008-07-13 1:43 PM Lisa( redsoxchick) and I had a great time in Hopkinton today. The water was great. FYI the lifeguards do not go on duty until 10:00am. You cannot swim outside the bouyed area once they are on duty, but before that time I dont think anyone will bother you.

Glad to hear it worked out for a few of you to meet up; Train smart and have fun, ladies!   

P.S.  Same lifeguard situation up at Mystic Lake in Medford/Winchester where I train.  Just get there early, swim wherever you like -- PM me if you want a link to the MapMyFitness pages where I've mapped the swim distances to several buoys out there.  I swim it most Tu/Th mornings at 6:30am in the summers.

2008-07-24 7:46 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-07-24 10:50 AM
in reply to: #1554824

Hey Kroner!!!  This is my first as well, and I hear ya w/the nerves!  I just try to keep reminding myself I'm doing it for fun  I'm sure you and your bike will do just fine!

Did you guys see the free swim clinic being offered?  I already signed up...it's on August 28th (check the maxperf. website).  I TOTALLY need it because I have no idea what to expect in the water.

Speaking of no idea what to expect....what's it like doing the bike portion?  How busy do you think the streets will be?  Are there cops at intersections (gosh I hope so!)?  I'm kind of hoping that starting in w/in the park will help thin out the riders before we hit the busier streets.  The Cape def. isn't as hilly as the Metrowest area...lil nervous bout that.  Hopefully I'll head over to practice soon.

What are everypone's ages?  Trying to figure out if any of us may be in the same wave! 

2008-07-24 11:59 AM

Beantown

I did the route with Mav a couple of weeks ago and it's up and down with a nice long steady climb!i'm sure the traffic will be completly controled.

thanks for the info on the clinic - i'll be there for sure!

2008-07-24 12:04 PM

Beantown
oh and i'll be "36" in 21 days 
2008-07-24 12:24 PM

Uxbridge
WWOOOO HOOOO Red Sox Chick....Happy Birthday!!!!!!

I am excited about this race...great to see all the first timers. As Lisa said, it is a rolling hills course with one good climb in the middle of the course. I have done this course in races twice and there are police at the major intersections directing traffic. Max Performance puts on a nice race.

If anyone wants to swim ,bike or run the course, PM me and I would be glad to meet up.As for age group... I joined the 50's this year!!!! 50 and fit!

If anyone is interested there is a womens tri in Webster this weekend (Sun) the Danskin. There are 2200 women. If you have never done or seen a tri it would be a fun experiencxe to come and watch or volunteer. It is a much larger race than title 9 but very inspiring. I'm racing!!!
2008-07-24 1:48 PM

Hi all!

I can't help but be curious- how big is the hill? I just did my first race last weekend in Maine and decided to try to do one more sprint before the summer is out. This one seems great- and with proceeds going for a good cause. If anyone wants to try out the course again some other time- I live in Boston but would love to go and try it out. Also, if people want to do some open water swims, etc. here I would love to!

Thanks!

Svea

2008-07-24 2:14 PM

Beantown

Svea,

I live in Boston too.  I'll be going out there with my boyfriend saturday morning - we're going to swim then do the bike course. (his first tri is the buzzard bay - i might do it, too -if i survive title 9!)

we should be there around 8/8:30 probably bike around 9... PM if you are interested (any anyone else can join, too!).

The hill isn't a killer - it was my 5 or 6th time on a bike and i think i did pretty well.  i'm sure i'll go out again with Mav before the race, too!

2008-07-24 2:50 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-07-24 4:02 PM

Champion
MA
My daughter is planning on doing the race and she is 13.
2008-07-24 6:41 PM

RedSoxChick: Happy early B-day!!! I may be up in Medway on Saturday...I'd love to join in but I wouldn't want to slow anyone down!! I'm so far from being where I want to be in terms of training...So, if I come promise not to laugh and point? Especially on the bike. I just got my first road bike (my first non-mtb) and I'm still getting used to it. And I don't know how to swim (haha j/k..sorta). The run should be ok though!!

Mav: I just signed up to volunteer at the Danskin Tri. Just waiting for my assignment. I know there will be lots of ladies there, but I will just plan on shouting "Mav" every 5 minutes hehe

Kathy: That's awesome!!! What a lil motivator!

2008-07-24 7:16 PM

Uxbridge
Thanks for volunteering Little wing. I think you will have alot of fun. You will definately be inspired when you see the women who participate.

Now I wish I had a beginner triathlete tri top to identify myself. I plan on making a GO BT WOMEN sign for my family to hold...at the end I will be with them...so please stop and say hi! My son will be standing on the bridge (on the final leg of the run) yelling Go MOMS, He is pretty loud! Last year he was quite a hit!

I am swimming in Hopkinton tommorow from 9-10 am on the big side of the lake at the end of the parking lot opposite the boat ramps. I will be with another women training for Danskin. I have an orange noodle that I drag as a life bouy. Feel free to join us.

I might stop by on Sat am for a quick swim(supposed to be resting).

I will be going out next weekend on sat for a swim bike brick 8:30 am (before the lifeguards get there) Anyone game?????
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Title 9 Women Only Triathlon Rss Feed  

of 6