General Discussion Race Reports! » Danskin Women's Triathlon Series - Austin Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Danskin Women's Triathlon Series - Austin - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Austin, Texas
United States
Danskin
Total Time = 1h 43m 36s
Overall Rank = 353/2592
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 76/445
Pre-race routine:

This was a ladies weekend so we had to go shopping on Friday to prepare...This event always starts off Danskin with a bang!
Woke up early after not sleeping well. I won't mention names(Texmom), but 2 of the ladies snored so I enjoyed listening to a symphony all night! Drove to the race. Ate a bagel with peanut butter and drank some water and gatorade on the way. Got to the site in plenty of time to set up transition area. I grabbed my goggles and swim cap and waited with the ladies until it was time get into the water.
Event warmup:

nothing...
Swim
  • 23m 15s
  • 750 meters
  • 03m 06s / 100 meters
Comments:

I felt fine in the water. I'm usually very nervous, but I just felt calm. The biggest issue for me was getting around some really poor, scared swimmers. I had to stop often because I kept bumping into ladies. There were more noodles and swim angels in the water than I remember from last year. I did stop and talk with one lady using a noodle. She was barely moving forward. She was very scared, but said she would be okay. Swimming is not my favorite event, but I felt like I did good considering the obstacles...too many really slow swimmers.
What would you do differently?:

nothing
Transition 1
  • 04m 57s
Comments:

Okay. I just suck at transitions! I said it...this is definitely an area for improvement!

I talk way too much to the ladies around me! (I just get so excited!!)
Bike
  • 43m 10s
  • 12 miles
  • 16.68 mile/hr
Comments:

I really like the bike course. I was able to pass many people with a few ladies passing me. I felt like I was able to get up the hills fine. Although I improved my time from last year, I know I can ride even faster. I did have a few mishaps with switching gears, but nothing that would have affected my time.

Push harder. I found myself chatting with ladies instead of riding hard!
Transition 2
  • 02m 27s
Comments:

Another slow transition...
Run
  • 29m 46s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

This is not my favorite course. It's very challenging for me. Lots of hills and I'm not a fan of running on uneven terrain. I ran the majority of the run with the exception of the last hill and water stations. I wanted to make sure I was drinking the water and not splashing it all over my face. I had made my mind up that I was going to run the monster hill. As I turned the last corner, I saw it. I knew it was going to be tough, but I had to run as much as I could. I stopped to walk for about 30 seconds then began running again. I just wanted to get up that dawg gone hill! I was so glad to reach the top. Next year, that hill will be mine!

nothing. It's a tough run.
Post race
Warm down:

Meet up with the ladies and cheered for the rest of our group. (I love seeing everyone cross the finish line to achieve their goal.) I drank some water and ate some cookies and a banana. Last year, I didn't feel very well after I crossed the finish line. This year, I felt fine. I can see how a year of consistent training really does help. This was such a fun event. I can see myself participating for many years to come.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think I did fine. I shaved off about 9 minutes from last year. And I saved $$ while shopping at the outlet malls.

Event comments:

I really like this race. For me, it's about being with great friends and having fun. It's such a big race, but well organized. I'll be back for 2009!

Last updated: 2008-02-29 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:23:15 | 750 meters | 03m 06s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/445
Overall: 713/2592
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: triangular
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 04:57
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:43:10 | 12 miles | 16.68 mile/hr
Overall: 310/2592
Wind: Strong
Course: I love the hills. Lots of rolling hills. A few steep ones. Country roads...little traffic.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:27
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:29:46 | 03.1 miles | 09m 36s  min/mile
Overall: 321/2592
Course: dusty trail run with hills
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-06-09 9:29 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: Danskin Women's Triathlon Series - Austin

2008-06-10 9:45 AM
in reply to: #1455898

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Danskin Women's Triathlon Series - Austin
Great job girl! Shaving off nine minutes is a HUGE improvement. You definitely still have some work to do in T1, but T2 wasn't too bad. It was a fun weekend and I can't imagine it was me snoring on Friday night since I hardly slept!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Danskin Women's Triathlon Series - Austin Rss Feed