General Discussion Race Reports! » Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Naperville, Illinois
United States
US Women's Triathlon Series
Total Time = 1h 39m 52s
Overall Rank = 682/1919
Age Group = 36
Age Group Rank = 169/408
Pre-race routine:

Race was away from home so stayed with Meghan's family. Night before rechecked bags and layed out clothes in order. We drove the bike route. Didn't get much sleep, but felt good @5 when we left. Got to transition a little late and things were filling up fast, not much room to place things out.
Event warmup:

Really didn't do much of this...next time go down to water. This was my first time here and should have checked everything out the day before not just the bike. We were cold from the start and the rain didn't help! My spirits were raised when my Hubby and kids surprised me! He drove from Milwaukee with all 4 kids and made my day!
Swim
  • 13h 00m
  • 820 yards
  • 1h 35m 06s / 100 yards
Comments:

Swim was better then I thought it would be. My first ows but it was more of a pool! I started in the front and did a good job of staying with my wave until the first buoy. I sighted with the lane lines and didn't realize you swim on an angle to the left side. Found the group again but lost time and was behind slower swimmers.
What would you do differently?:

Watch the waves before me. Get a better feel for the route.
Transition 1
  • 04m 32s
Comments:

First time wearing a tri suit so was happy with not having to put on shorts over wet legs. Dipped feet in dish of water (thanks to whoever suggested this!) dryed them and slipped bike shoes on. First time racing with no socks on the bike. Felt great. Running with bike shoes not good.

learn to get feet in shoes while clipped into bike.
Bike
  • 47m 25s
  • 13.8 miles
  • 17.46 mile/hr
Comments:

I was able to use aero bars for most of my race. felt good and passed quite a few people. Legs were feeling a little tired at the end.

Work on turning corners. Work on propper gearing. I think I could have done better in the right gears
Transition 2
  • 02m 58s
Comments:

I was happy with this, I had to put socks on after the bike but this went smooth. Glad I bought the yankz.

have sport beans on top of hat. I forgot to put them with t-2 things and didn't have them. I needed a "boost" :(
Run
  • 31m 59s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

It was a tough run for me. Running is not my strong suit! Although my pace was better then it has ever been I felt more drained and didn't think I was doing good at all. Other racers were very supportive and encouraging. Looking back I am ok with my run but wonder if I could have pushed more.

Train more on the run. Do more brick workouts.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around. had a bagel and a banana. More water/gatoraid

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My own doubt and negative self talk.

Event comments:

Events were 1 hr behind but not due to organizing! They started right on time then the rain/thunder/lightning happened! This was very well run and I will be back next year!

Last updated: 2008-06-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
13:00:00 | 820 yards | 1h 35m 06s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/408
Overall: 0/1919
Performance: Good
Suit: trisuit
Course: zig zag shallow on one end deep on other. Cement bottom
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 74F / 23C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 04:32
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:47:25 | 13.8 miles | 17.46 mile/hr
Wind: Some
Course: It was a loop that you went around 2 times. We drove it the day before but with cones up and race day I was confused on which way to go. I had to stop and unclip so I could understand which way the guy was telling me to go. I'm glad I stopped because he was directing me to the wrong one. The ride was flat for the most part.
Road:  Dry Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Below average Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:58
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:31:59 | 03.11 miles | 10m 17s  min/mile
Course: All paved roads/paths. People were great/ thank you to residents who put out sprinklers! It was hot with the sun and not much shade. Lots of water stops.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-06-24 11:14 AM

User image

Elite
West Allis, WI
Subject: Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville Rss Feed