View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Fort Worth, Texas
United States
Total Time = 2h 31m 1s
Overall Rank = 53/222
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 15/119
Pre-race routine:

Being that the race didn't start until midnight, I had my usual Saturday...I woke up around 6:30AM. The family went out to lunch and to a movie. Then we walked around the mall for a few hours. After getting home, we played Rummikub for several hours. By 9PM, I was tired! But no bed time for me...I finally laid down for about 10 minutes. Just as I was getting comfy, it was time to head out to Trinity Park. Luckily, I only live a few miles which is really nice.

I hadn't eaten since lunch so I had a few bites of udon noodles, but I just wasn't hungry. I packed up my stuff and we were off.
Event warmup:

None...I sat around and chatted with my husband and Doug(dblack).
Run
  • 2h 31m 1s
  • 15.53 miles
  • 09m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

I started at the middle back of the pack with Jill (Texmom) and Doug. It's a pretty narrow trail so the first few minutes I was dodging people to find an open spot. Once I found my sweet spot, I slowed my pace. I wanted to make sure I had enough to finish strong. I lost Jill and Doug around mile 1 so I was on my own. By the 2nd loop, I was feeling good. Doug caught up with me, and we ran this loop at a nice pace. At the beginning of the 3rd loop, Doug and I parted ways. I needed to slow down so Doug ran ahead. I settled back into a nice pace that I continued for the next 2 loops (3rd/4th) At the start of my 5th and final loop, I knew I was going to be really close to finishing in under 2:30 (which was my "secret" goal time...shhhh) I started this loop rather sluggishly. I spent too much time walking the aid station and had trouble getting my legs to move. Once I got about a mile into the loop, my pace picked up. I was feeling really good. My legs were just moving me along. By the last 1/2 mile, I gave it all I had and finished in 2:31:01!!! I almost made it. I'm not at all disappointed. It was a great race for me with a strong finish. Best of all, no soreness or bonking! My nutrition/fluid strategy worked for me!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing...I ran my race.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked around and found my husband at the aid station filling water cups. We chatted and took pictures with Doug. I visited the food tent. Drank the rest of my gatorade. Stretched...stretched some more...I was ready for bed! By the time I got home and showered, it was 4:30am. I was up by 7:30am to begin my Sunday! I'm still waiting for my warm-down...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think I ran well. I was happy with my performance.

Event comments:

I like this race. It's fun and unique. It's definitely one I want to keep on my list.

Last updated: 2008-02-27 12:00 AM
Running
02:31:01 | 15.53 miles | 09m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/119
Overall: 53/222
Performance: Good
Course: It was a 3.1 mile loop through Trinity park. Most of the run was on crushed gravel with some paved trails. It was quite dusty even on the road.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-07-21 9:56 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: El Scorcho - Dos

2008-07-21 10:53 PM
in reply to: #1547604

User image

Pro
Texas
Subject: RE: El Scorcho - Dos
Great run, you definitely did well!
2008-07-21 11:21 PM
in reply to: #1547604

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: El Scorcho - Dos
AWESOME JOB GIRL! You were 15th overall for the women, that is fantastic! I think you have some Kenyan blood in ya!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » El Scorcho - Dos Rss Feed