General Discussion Race Reports! » 8th Annual Nature Coast Twilight Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

8th Annual Nature Coast Twilight Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Crystal River, Florida
United States
DRC Sports
hotF / 0C
Total Time = 1h 11m 24s
Overall Rank = 96/178
Age Group = athena
Age Group Rank = 2/7
Pre-race routine:

Brian, Jeff and I set up transition checked out the other bikes and dudes then walked to the beach. We turned our rear lights on the bike before the race. Brian and I were a little nervous before the swim....me being that it was salt/brackish water and Brian well....it is only his third freakin race! Jeff was off and Brian and I had about 4 minutes till we left and when the time came we put our hands out for a cheer and did a 1 2 3 Go Bundy's then it was time for us to swim

Swim
  • 08m 22s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 05s / 100 meters
Comments:

Brian and I took off together....walked out nice and slow and then took a dive. Got out a few meters and then felt the seaweed on my hands, arms and legs.......freaky feeling. I looked beside me and there was Brian and he was feeling the same as I but we continued.
Transition 1
  • 01m 20s
Comments:

found bike with no problem...worried since I was using Ginas and not familiar with it but I was racked on the end and we counted the isle once we came into transition and that worked.
Bike
  • 31m 48s
  • 10 miles
  • 18.87 mile/hr
Comments:

Acutally I felt pretty good on the bike considering it wasnt mine. I had riden 2 hours and 20 min this morning on the bike so I had gotten use to it real fast! Brian passed by me on the bike but I kept him in site. Didnt see Jeff at all on the bike but I was pretty focused and wanted to do the best I could being that I havent even raced a sprint in 3 years. I passed alot of people and I did see a girl with an A on her calf pass me but I told myself I would catch her on the run if I didnt catch her by the end of the bike.
Transition 2
  • 00m 49s
Comments:

Fast transition.....all I had to do it rack the bike take the helmet off and put on my hat. I did wipe my face cause of the salt from sweat and water still was near my eyes.
Run
  • 29m 5s
  • 3 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

I took off kinda fast cause I was having so much fun but slowed it down when I came to the realization that I wasnt breathing but panting! Since I had a very quick transition I got ahead of Brian here and then he came by me on the run.....he said didnt I pass you on the bike? Im like yeah but I didnt have to change shoes in transition so it was fast. I kept him in site on the entire run but couldnt catch him. I did manage to find the girl with the A on her ankle just before the turn around.....took over her and gave Brian a high five as we passed at the turn around. I kept the pace and felt pretty good. I took a sip of water and that was all....I kept thinking about the 10k race where I was 1 hour and 3 seconds and if I didnt take the water breaks I would have been under 1 hour and being that this was only a 3 mile run and the girl with the A on her calf was right behind me somewhere I wasnt stopping at all. The last mile I was in a pretty good zone....but I kept thinking that girl is right behind me breathing down my neck and if I dont go just alittle faster for this last half mile she is gonna come up beside right at the end and sprint for the finish and kick my ass. It didnt happen and I stayed in my zone.
Post race
Warm down:

Got a water and then Brian, Jeff and I had a beer. We took the stuff back to the car and went for the awards. Want DQ icecream after the race so bad...we started discussing this at 3 in the afternoon but wouldnt you know it was closed by the time the awards were over. We had to have ice cream now so we headed to a grocery....ok so they are closed at 10pm Sat nite for inventory...great now where....there is another grocery down the road so off we go. YEAH.....it was open....each of us got our own pint of icecream....there is a pyramind picture in my album...low fat ice cream on the bottom.

Event comments:

This was so much fun. The race directors even made the awards fun for everyone. They had some trivia some contest and involved the whole crowd. Jeff kicked ass at the push up contest but the guy that did the most.....he did cheat! he didnt go all the way down but nobody was gonna call him out cause it was for fun....but Jeff had a wonderful cheering squad. I heard one dude say "damn if that dude would have done them like the other guy he could have done 800!" hehehe. The ladies too were enjoying the view.

Last updated: 2008-07-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:22 | 400 meters | 02m 05s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/7
Overall: 0/178
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: 400 meter lap
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:20
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:31:48 | 10 miles | 18.87 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: Little
Course: straight out and back course.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:49
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:29:05 | 03 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: out and back
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-07-28 8:46 PM

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Subject: 8th Annual Nature Coast Twilight Triathlon

2008-07-29 1:17 PM
in reply to: #1566072

User image

Master
Granvile, Ohio
Subject: RE: 8th Annual Nature Coast Twilight Triathlon
Sounds like a really fun race Jenn!  I LOVE the run motivation.  and what a way to end a day -   Hardware, beer, and ice cream.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 8th Annual Nature Coast Twilight Triathlon Rss Feed