General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from Sunny San Diego! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-01 7:02 PM

User image

San Diego
Subject: Hi from Sunny San Diego!
Sorry if you are suffering in the cold right now, but I have to gloat about the weather once in a while. :-)

After lurking around here a bit I wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I just started using the training log and it's great! I'm looking forward to tracking my progress over the coming months and the log will really help. Now I just need one of those sweet Garmin 301's to map all my workouts (yes, I'm a geek at heart). I've never been very good at logging my training but now that I'm registered for the Ralph's Half IM in March and IM Wisconsin in September it's time to get off my butt and get serious about this. Some people may say that I'm being a bit ambitious for my first tri season, but I have a pretty solid fitness background so I think it's manageable, plus I'm not one to shy away from a challenge.

Anyway, thanks to Ron for this great site and I'm looking forward to a tough but hopefully rewarding year...

2005-02-01 7:20 PM
in reply to: #111306

User image

Elite
San Diego
Subject: RE: Hi from Sunny San Diego!
Welcome Mark,
Where in San Diego are you? I saw you did the Elfin Forest ride with your tri team. Which team is that? Are you doing the Half IM with TCSD this weekend? If so, I will see you out there.
Take care and welcome to BT
Tom
2005-02-01 7:44 PM
in reply to: #111314

User image

San Diego
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the welcome. I live in Scripps Ranch. I think I saw somewhere you are in El Cajon? On that Elfin Forest ride I was just tagging along with a friend who's on the UCSD tri team, but I did sign up for TCSD last November. I've only done a few events with the club but I've already met a lot of great people. I will be at the half IM training this weekend so I'll try to introduce myself. I've been keeping up with your weekly IM training posts, very interesting reading and I'll be referring back to those posts over the next months when I need some extra inspiration during training. Regards, Mark
2005-02-01 7:59 PM

User image

Master
Pensacola, Fl

I really want to sound excited about welcoming you to BT, but i am getting a bit tired of you San Diego types with your perfect weather!!   mumble, mumble...welcome....mumble, mumble...

Actually I just moved to New Orleans a year ago from San Diego....and well..... I MISS IT !!!!!

2005-02-05 9:13 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome to the T-Spot!  Good luck with your training!
2005-02-06 4:19 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2005-02-07 1:33 PM
in reply to: #113519

San Diego
Thanks for the welcome, and you know San Diego isn't perfect or anything. If you're missing it just think of all the traffic, sky high housing prices, mean people in huge SUVs...
2005-02-07 2:41 PM
in reply to: #113890

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from Sunny San Diego! Rss Feed