Other Resources My Cup of Joe » starting a fantasy football leauge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-07 4:56 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: starting a fantasy football leauge

I'm hoping to start a leauge at work,,, but I really have no clue how to do it.. Does anyone know of a good simple way to do this ???  It's going to be an ongoing fundraiser for work. so just something simple that doesn't requite a lot of effort by me.. I'll check out Espn.com later tonight do they have pre set leauges. I remember we set up a march maddness bracket in COJ last spring that was easy to play in

2008-08-07 5:28 PM
in reply to: #1588647

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: starting a fantasy football leauge

It's simple, but maybe too complex to talk about in a post?

I have set up plenty and I don't like to do a lot of work - so I have a decent system.

I used CBS Sportline or ESPN.

Set up a league for up to 12 players.  Basically it's all explained once you register.  They do all the scoring and schedule.  They can even to the draft if you want.

I can walk you through it if you want - just let me know..

Good luck, and it's a LOT of fun...

2008-08-07 5:32 PM

User image

Champion
Butler
Yahoo also has one.  You have different options on all of them based on if you want to pay.  The one I am in on Yahoo is free to use but there is no real time scoring unless the individual teams want to pay for it then it is $10 a year.
2008-08-07 5:40 PM
in reply to: #1588708

User image

Sensei
Sin City

kproudfoot - 2008-08-07 3:32 PM Yahoo also has one.  You have different options on all of them based on if you want to pay.  The one I am in on Yahoo is free to use but there is no real time scoring unless the individual teams want to pay for it then it is $10 a year.

I have used yahoo - it's a good one.

We end up chipping in to have real time scoring for one owner (we all watch the games together and keep track with a laptop - yes, we are fantasy nerds).

CBS or Yahoo are good.  We tried ESPN last season with average reviews. 

Edited by Aikidoman 2008-08-07 5:40 PM
2008-08-07 5:48 PM

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
The sites listed make it easy to set up a league online. Just wondering how you plan on using this as "an ongoing fundraiser."
2008-08-07 7:47 PM
in reply to: #1588739

User image

Champion
the colony texas

the bear - 2008-08-07 5:48 PM The sites listed make it easy to set up a league online. Just wondering how you plan on using this as "an ongoing fundraiser."

Not a big money fundraiser. I work in a small office maybe 45-50 people with nearly 90 % female,, Over half have expressed that they would like to do a FF league.  At the meeting today I mention that i'd look into setting it up, but we would have it like casual friday where everyone pays a dollar to wear jeans.. ok that was a lot of useless info.. <sorry>  So depending on the length of the season it would be a dollar or two  a week.   I was going to have everyone just donate an amount upfront say 20 bucks and split it with the winner getting 1/3 and the rest going to relay for life [after my regular fundraising cut of 90%]    Some mentioned that it sounded like gambling at work so i took out their knee cap So I asked if paying a couple bucks a week was acceptable.  Hence the ongoing fundraiser.   Yes I know it's silly

2008-08-07 9:35 PM
in reply to: #1588949

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Gaarryy - 2008-08-07 5:47 PM

the bear - 2008-08-07 5:48 PM The sites listed make it easy to set up a league online. Just wondering how you plan on using this as "an ongoing fundraiser."

Not a big money fundraiser. I work in a small office maybe 45-50 people with nearly 90 % female,, Over half have expressed that they would like to do a FF league.  At the meeting today I mention that i'd look into setting it up, but we would have it like casual friday where everyone pays a dollar to wear jeans.. ok that was a lot of useless info..   So depending on the length of the season it would be a dollar or two  a week.   I was going to have everyone just donate an amount upfront say 20 bucks and split it with the winner getting 1/3 and the rest going to relay for life [after my regular fundraising cut of 90%]    Some mentioned that it sounded like gambling at work so i took out their knee cap So I asked if paying a couple bucks a week was acceptable.  Hence the ongoing fundraiser.   Yes I know it's silly

Sound like you want more off a pick-em pool instead.  Fantasy is only good for 12 teams at most and it takes all season (most commonly played that way).

What you can do is do a weekly pick-em pool, and you take the people's best 5 weeks (just a random number i thought of) and total the number correct.  The higest score wins at the end of the season.  SO, you increase your chances if you play every week, BUT you pay for it every week.  On the other hand, you can play as few as 5 and still qualify.  Get it?

I really don't think a true fanstasy league will work for ya.  I'm sure if we brainstormed, we could come up with something unusual....

Good luck.

2008-08-07 10:03 PM
in reply to: #1589134

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Aikidoman - 2008-08-07 9:35 PM
Gaarryy - 2008-08-07 5:47 PM

Not a big money fundraiser. I work in a small office maybe 45-50 people with nearly 90 % female,, Over half have expressed that they would like to do a FF league. At the meeting today I mention that i'd look into setting it up, but we would have it like casual friday where everyone pays a dollar to wear jeans.. ok that was a lot of useless info.. So depending on the length of the season it would be a dollar or two a week. I was going to have everyone just donate an amount upfront say 20 bucks and split it with the winner getting 1/3 and the rest going to relay for life [after my regular fundraising cut of 90%] Some mentioned that it sounded like gambling at work so i took out their knee cap So I asked if paying a couple bucks a week was acceptable. Hence the ongoing fundraiser. Yes I know it's silly

Sound like you want more off a pick-em pool instead. Fantasy is only good for 12 teams at most and it takes all season (most commonly played that way).

What you can do is do a weekly pick-em pool, and you take the people's best 5 weeks (just a random number i thought of) and total the number correct. The higest score wins at the end of the season. SO, you increase your chances if you play every week, BUT you pay for it every week. On the other hand, you can play as few as 5 and still qualify. Get it?

I really don't think a true fanstasy league will work for ya. I'm sure if we brainstormed, we could come up with something unusual....

Good luck.

I get more info on how many are actually willing to do it. then get back in touch with you to see what we can think up...

thanks..  btw  your training is looking good 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » starting a fantasy football leauge Rss Feed