Trifitness
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 55m 59s
Overall Rank = 230/300
Age Group = M45-49
Age Group Rank = 18/22
Pre-race routine:

Early start to the day. I had the nightmare that I missed the alarm and that it was 10:30 and I missed the start. This woke me at 1:30AM. I managed to fall asleeep again and, indeed, the real alarm woke me at 3:30. Quick breakfast, car was packed last night and a long drive to Bridgeport to get a good parking and transition spot. Get checked in, get transition set, get prepared.
Event warmup:

A lap of the bike course and I alerted some volunteers to glass on the course. Nice and orderly morning. Put on the wetsuit and went down for a swim. Water was perfect today; calm, warm, not too salty.
Swim
  • 28m 20s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 44s / 100 yards
Comments:

A bit conjested, but mostly just a simple touch to let everyone else know "I'm right here" Very civil swim. I did catch some of the back of Wave 1. Some women caught me as well. No real issues, maybe I didn't hammer it as fast as I could, but didn't want to go flat out like a sprint b/c I knew it would be a long day
What would you do differently?:

Push a bit more
Transition 1
  • 02m 9s
Comments:

Not bad. Tiome includes a pretty sizeable run from the beach and through a pretty large transition zone. Grabbed a gel while putting on shoes.

Not much.
Bike
  • 1h 17m 32s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.23 mile/hr
Comments:

I should be able to break 20. I'm getting down on myself, but truthfully, in retrospect, I'll take it. Just when you see the overall split out of context, it doesn't shine like I'd hope to. More TITS for me.

Train more. Bike splits have been below where I want them
Transition 2
  • 01m 13s
Comments:

Slow T2 today. I know I said above it's a bigger transition area, but come on? It's T2. Bike down, shoes on, and go. How hard is that to get straight? Blahh........

Speed it up a bit!
Run
  • 1h 06m 43s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

Not too awful in retrospect. I had a tough time running as today was my longest run since surgery. With the illnesses, surgery recovery and recent car / bike incident, run time had suffered in 2008. I'll take it.

Maybe start a bit harder. I held off for the first loop then stepped it up some more. Mile 3-4.5 was really hard to get through.
Post race
Warm down:

LOVE the iced towels at the finish! Get my finishers medal, find a spot near the food and in the shade. Fresh peaches were out of this world good.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

A sprint on Thursday followed by this OLY on Sunday. Being hit by a car last week. 2 significant illnesses this summer and surgery last winter all queue up against top notch performance. Still getting out there though!

Event comments:

Seeing CT has limited OLY distance races to choose from, I'll be bcak again. I like the organization, the venue and the course, even though it relies on looping to make the distance. It doesn't bother me like some knock the race for.

Full results at http://www.triandduit.com/webforms/tad_ResultsDetail.aspx?rf=ParkCi...

Last updated: 2008-08-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:28:20 | 1640 yards | 01m 44s / 100yards
Age Group: 11/22
Overall: 179/300
Performance: Good
Suit: Full Desoto T1
Course: Anti-clockwise 1-loop course keeping the buoys on your left shoulder. A bit of shore running, but largely, a great course.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 74F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:09
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:17:32 | 24.85 miles | 19.23 mile/hr
Age Group: 14/22
Overall: 176/300
Performance: Average
Started at 170 and settled in by lap 4 at 160.
Wind: Little
Course: Very elongated figure 8 of ~5+miles per lap. We did 5 laps. Perfectly flat. It got conjested at times, but I personally had no issues. I hammered one section to get away from 2 who were pacing at my speed and wanted clear road.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 80
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:13
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
01:06:43 | 06.21 miles | 10m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/22
Overall: 266/300
Performance: Average
Course: Flat out, then back and repeat. Each loop is 3 miles and we did 2. Very flat out along the beach wall. Hot, open and not a lick of shade.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-08-10 6:14 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Subject: Park City Mossman Triathlon

2008-08-12 9:01 PM
in reply to: #1593064

User image

Master
Connecticut
Subject: RE: Park City Mossman Triathlon

Nice job! 

I would have been thrilled with your swim time.  I tend to panic in mass-start swims, so my times are always pretty slow.

2008-08-13 9:13 AM
in reply to: #1593064

User image

Elite
Did you notice if they cleaned up the glass after you alerted them? Great bike split as well.
2008-08-13 10:40 AM
in reply to: #1599826

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Yep, by lap 1 no more Heineken bottle at the run turnaround. Volunteers did a top-level job on this race. It helps that they're all wearing the same unique T-shirt and carrying radios with each group in case it's a question they don't know or can't handle themselves.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Park City Mossman Triathlon Rss Feed