Canadian Triathlon Forum Prince Edward Island » --- Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-15 11:43 AM

Subject: ---

So.......anybody else from P.E.I Canada on here???

2008-08-20 8:15 AM
in reply to: #1606209

Veteran
Cornwall, PEI
Subject: RE: ---

I was going to start this exact same post a few days ago.

I know that there is myself(obviously) and another guy that I train with. We are three of us that train together, the other guy is not on here yet.

We are all training for our first tri, which will not be until next year. We are probably going to do a duathlon before the winter hits..but no tri`s....we have to work on our swimming too much unfortunetly..

What about yourself?

2008-08-20 11:53 AM

Hey that’s awesome fellow P.E.I triathletes man we should get together and have a massive party at the end of the season. Where are you guys at C-Town? I’m from Summerside.

I’m going for my first sprint tri on September 21st in Ottawa. I know what you mean about the swimming I almost switched to a duo myself. You got to stick with it and it will get better. My race has a 500m swim and when I started I couldn’t do 6 x 25 lengths without taking a massive break. Now after a few weeks work I more than doubled that. Really work on efficiency and cutting down the number of strokes it takes from getting to one end of the pool. Count them out and try to cut down on them each class.

Man keep me posted if you hear of any races around the area.

2008-08-21 6:30 AM
in reply to: #1616335

Veteran
Cornwall, PEI

Hey!

Yeah we are all from Charlottetown. That wicked about the sprint that you are doing in Ottawa, GL with that! I`m sure you`ll have a blast!

We have been improving alot since we started in the swimming part, but we still have a long time to go. Our first tri won`t be ti`ll next season so we`ll be good to go at that point for sure for hopefully a fairly competitive time.

In October we are going to be going to Bridgewater for a Duathlon, so that should be fun. Its a 4 km run, 28 km bike, 4 km run. Should be a good time, less scary since those 2 are the easier legs.

2008-08-30 6:35 PM
in reply to: #1618037

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada
Mig - 2008-08-21 8:30 AM

Hey!

Yeah we are all from Charlottetown. That wicked about the sprint that you are doing in Ottawa, GL with that! I`m sure you`ll have a blast!

We have been improving alot since we started in the swimming part, but we still have a long time to go. Our first tri won`t be ti`ll next season so we`ll be good to go at that point for sure for hopefully a fairly competitive time.

In October we are going to be going to Bridgewater for a Duathlon, so that should be fun. Its a 4 km run, 28 km bike, 4 km run. Should be a good time, less scary since those 2 are the easier legs.

Funny, I consider those the two more difficult legs! There is also a PEI Triathlon club... I have no contact information for them but I know they exist.
2008-09-02 1:43 PM
in reply to: #1639746

Veteran
Cornwall, PEI
axteraa - 2008-08-30 6:35 PM
Mig - 2008-08-21 8:30 AM

Hey!

Funny, I consider those the two more difficult legs! There is also a PEI Triathlon club... I have no contact information for them but I know they exist.

Oh really! Interesting, we`ll have to look into that. I think you told me that the other day Arend...maybe about that dude that does the Ironmans??

2008-09-04 2:15 PM

Yeah I actually read an article on the paper about some guy that went to run an Ironman in B.C . I think he was even over 40, kind of puts me to shame considering I'm 23.

P.E.I triathlon club huh? If anybody gets any info on that make sure to post it. Lates.

2008-09-04 6:58 PM

Veteran
Cornwall, PEI

Well i`ll tell you something, you`ll be surprised how many 40+ guys will run/bike/swim right past ya. Those are the super competitive guys, that age group are a bunch of monsters...so prepare yourself, it WILL happen.

I`m 25 and I have set it in my mind that I will be passed by, older men, and older women...so I have to prepare myself to live with it.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Prince Edward Island » --- Rss Feed