CGI Racing
90F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 22m 27s
Overall Rank = 22/286
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 4/29
Pre-race routine:

Once again I kept to the same morning routine ... wake up, shower, same breakfast(2 Ensure/part of powerbar/ banana/ COFFEE/ gatorade/ water), Arrive early, set-up....the big difference was I didn't warm-up this race similar to Hagerstown - both of which have been my best races - BY FAR!
That said, I do feel like I need to make warming up and stretching out a bigger priority!!!
Event warmup:

A bit of stretching....a bit!
Swim
  • 26m 50s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 38s / 100 yards
Comments:

The swim time is awful especially considering I haven't been anywhere near a split like this in forever....even on my real bad days so I have to believe the distance was off despite them saying it was accurate and it could have been the tidal waters!
What would you do differently?:

Bilateral once in awhile - for no other reason than my neck!
Draft a bit more and make a better effort to stay with some of the faster swimmers up in front just a bit
Transition 1
  • 01m 6s
Comments:

The run from the water to T1 was ok ... I did lose some ground to others exiting the water just in front of me. I also took too much time getting into my shoes and helmet on...even dropped my sunglasses on the other side of my bike...just a bit flustered for some reason...I think the swim split had me metally "off"

Push it a bit more on the run piece....not waste time wiping off my feet???
More focus!
Bike
  • 1h 08m 48s
  • 23.2 miles
  • 20.23 mile/hr
Comments:

After realizing the initial bike splits were off and I got back to reality I felt ok about my race. Since my mph was off for the entire ride I never had an accurate speed guage...it read 6-14mph. The accurate mph is more in line with how I felt about the bike portion. No way I was riding over 22mph...just didn't push hard enough for a split like that!

Hindsight is easy but I definitely could have pushed it a bit more, but that definitely could have impacted my run - most likely would have! There were times my legs were killing me and burning where I thought the run would kill me!
Transition 2
  • 01m 13s
Comments:

Forgot to get out of my shoes and had to do it last minute....literally 25 yards from dismount. My time sucks and I need to be better!
Run
  • 44m 30s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

Loved the cool towels at some of the stations. Water intake was pretty good too! For me personally, I feel like I put together a very good run. It's great to follow up ny Hagerstown run effort with a great Olympic distance run...my last of the season at this distance. I feel like I had very good pacing especially the first 2-3 miles. I pushed best I could the last mile and felt like I finished strong.

Maybe try and stay with some runners a bit more throughout...increase effort a little until I feel like I need to dial it back down....maybe - maybe not!
Post race
Warm down:

Not enough ... not nearly enough!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Maybe a bit more consistent in my effort....the bike in particular. That said, my quads do burn a bit when I push too much so it could end up being a bad decision!

Event comments:

Really enjoyed the experience at NorthEast. Definitely thinking about coming back next year!

Last updated: 2008-01-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:50 | 1640 yards | 01m 38s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/29
Overall: 14/286
Performance: Average
Suit: TriSuit
Course: Out-R-R-Back Bit of a current but didn't seem too strong .....
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 79F / 26C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:06
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:08:48 | 23.2 miles | 20.23 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/29
Overall: 40/286
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: An out and back start and then a nice ride through town. I enjoyed the ride however, it did have some hills...not a huge hill like DITR but it had some elevation.
Road: Rough  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:13
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes Bad
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:44:30 | 06.21 miles | 07m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/29
Overall: 47/286
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back along the highway. Run reminded me of the Westminster run.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-08-19 7:33 PM

User image

Subject: North East Triathlon

2008-08-20 10:26 AM
in reply to: #1614806

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: North East Triathlon

Welcome to BT!

Everyone has said the swim was long.  And my speedo said 24 miles while the splits on the website based on the average MPH seemed to be figured on over 25 miles.  I flatted and lost about 7 minutes on the ride and it still said I averaged 21.1 ........

Great job, congrats on the top 5 in your AG!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » North East Triathlon Rss Feed