General Discussion Race Reports! » Olathe Medical Center Women's Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Olathe Medical Center Women's Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Olathe, Kansass, Kansas
United States
Johnson County Park & Recreation District
Precipitation
Total Time = 37m 36s
Overall Rank = 80/250
Age Group = not sure
Age Group Rank = 7/40
Swim
  • 12m 9s
  • 500 meters
  • 02m 24s / 100 meters
Comments:

The water was quite a bit colder than I was expecting due to all the rain so it took me a while to actually get in my groove. I think being in the open heat kind of psyched me out too because there were more people in front of me than I expected there to be. The start seemed to come kind of quick and it took me 100m or so to get relaxed and swimming well. I had a really tough time on the first leg of the triangle staying to the buoys. I kept wanting to drift to the right. I think the water was rough.
Transition 1
  • 01m 16s
Comments:

well, this was a new transition... swim to run. I was worried about putting wet socks on wet feet so I had left my shirt, socks and shoes wrapped in trash bag to keep them dry so I had to get them out and put them on, put race belt on and take off. I also took a second to get a drink but overall it was a quick transition given that it was pouring rain.
What would you do differently?:

forget the socks probably - given that they were soaking wet in about 10 seconds with the trails covered in water.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 10.6 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

n/a - bike course was cancelled due to the rain
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 24m 12s
  • 2.6 miles
  • 09m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

I thought the course was a 5K the whole time I was running it and none of the miles were marked so I was extremely conservative. I was kind of disappointed when I ended the run and had so much gas left in me. I had planned a trial run of the run course on Thursday night and it got rained out so the whole run course was very new to me.
What would you do differently?:

Be more prepared and know the run course better - had I known it was only 2.6 miles and known where the mile markers were I would have given it more effort.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around in the pouring rain and went over and cheered for the final swim heats still finishing up. wish I would have stretched a bit more - once I stood around for over an hour for the awards and got cold from drying out under the shelter house I tightened up - legs were sore on Sunday

What limited your ability to perform faster:

RAIN and lots of puddles up to the ankle on the run course

Event comments:

Given the weather conditions and the cancellation of the bike course this was extremely well run! They communicated wonderfully, the orientations were awesome and the post-race activities that were held were pretty good. Had the women's health expo and everything not been cancelled due to rain this would have been the best event ever.

Last updated: 2008-06-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:09 | 500 meters | 02m 24s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/40
Overall: 85/250
Performance: Average
Suit: tri shorts and top
Course: big triangle - basically most of the perimeter of the small lake
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:16
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 10.6 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Overall: 0/250
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:12 | 02.6 miles | 09m 19s  min/mile
Overall: 94/250
Performance: Below average
Course: Nice trail around the lake...up hill to start and then lots of downhills out to turn around and lots of uphills on the way back. Rained the entire portion of my run and poured during quite a bit of it. I'd actually never ran in the rain before. I kind of liked it in the light drizzle and started to hate it when it poured and by the time my shirt was soaking wet and hanging on me - regretted even putting it on.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-09-14 8:46 PM

User image

Overland Park, KS
Subject: Olathe Medical Center Women's Triathlon

2008-09-14 11:32 PM
in reply to: #1673652

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
Subject: RE: Olathe Medical Center Women's Triathlon
Good job with the impromptu splash-'n'-dash...nice run split, even if you felt you had fuel left in the tank!
2008-09-15 11:29 AM
in reply to: #1673652

User image

Minneapolis, MN
Subject: RE: Olathe Medical Center Women's Triathlon
yay carmen! despite feeling like you had energy left you did really well in your age-group and overall! nice work!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Olathe Medical Center Women's Triathlon Rss Feed