General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HR and over training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-18 3:23 PM

User image

Subject: HR and over training

Hi,

I noticed when I  take on too much, overtrain, that my heartrate doesn't get to the same maximum as when I'm really fresh and rested. I rode my bike into work and back and noticed that my HR was much lower then, 140s - 150s, what I'm used to seeing on the same route under the same conditions. Usually 160s - 170s, maximing out at 180ish. Anyway, I didn't really notice the decline in performance. I was kicking hills that usually slow me down. My time and distance all looked famliar, only the HR was different. The four or five days previously I had been swimming, lifting weights and of course I have to work. Slept very well. I'm interested in other peoples experiences with this, please chime in!

thanks!

-Bombbat

2008-09-18 5:47 PM
in reply to: #1682802

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: HR and over training

Yes, that is a symptom of over training according to HR training research I have read, and by experience...  Not much more I can say.

Also, higher than normal resting HR is a sign of over training.

2008-09-21 7:07 AM
in reply to: #1682802

User image

Expert
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: RE: HR and over training
I don't train with a HR monitor, but I gage overtraining by how quickly my heart rate gets down below 120 after training.  I have a 5.44 mile loop I do at lunch on workdays and found that last summer after a hard workout on a hot day, it would take 5-6 minutes to get my heart rate down from ~160.  Last week while running a similar pace and cooler weather it took about 1.5 minutes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HR and over training Rss Feed