Overall Rank = 29/372
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 1h 32m 52s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

Where to start, where to start. So this was my first half marathon ever (race). It was an awesome experience overall. However, there are a few things that could have gone better. First off, I wish I was in better shape....I can run way faster than this, even in a few months I could probably take off 10 minutes off my time. Second, me and a big group of guys got off course, had to cross a couple bridges and run down some slippery stairs to get back on track....lost about 30-45 seconds there. Third, I puked at about mile 9, lost about 60 seconds there. But beyond that stuff, it was cool. I crashed at about mile 11. Probably closed in two 9 minute miles...but whatever. It was fun to run in a race that was that long. You have ALOT of time to move up. Your position is never settled. Its a LLLOONNNGGGG race.....fun though. I tried to take it all in and not get frustrated with the two mishaps (course derail and puke session). I definately ate too much the night before and too late. I also had yoguart before the race which I think brought on the puking. Next time, less carbo load, less breakfast, no dairy. Course was great though....very pretty and entertaining. Pretty darn hilly though in some places....however I do think they did a good job of minimizing the climbs. Would definately run it again....although I would research the coarse to make sure I stayed on it. Next time I will be in fighting shape though....going for the W. :) Keep it up!. Good times!
Post race

Last updated: 2008-10-14 12:00 AM
Running
01:32:52 | 13.1 miles | 07m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/372
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: