BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Eurydice79 (Magda's) Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 15

2009-03-15 9:07 PM
in reply to: #2018737

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
Subject: RE: Eurydice79 (Magda's) Group - FULL

shinsplint - 2009-03-15 10:55 PM I entered my dog for the 1st time in agility. We had some successes! I guess I could say I got some sprints in trying to keep up with my litle dog. Yes he is little and I was out of breath at the end of the course. How pathetic is that?

Ah, but the little ones are the speedy ones

Later, the day was so nice I went for a easy 30 mi ride. This was the first time I Have been outside to ride in several weeks. I had a new saddle on my bike. The one that came with my bike was one that people seem to like but I hated it. So uncomportable. I bought a Terry brand- don't recall the model. The seat pops me up a bit higher than the last saddle. I did not get refit to the bike. Instead, I noted my knees seemed to be happy with the increased height so I may just wait awhile before I consider having the shop make adjustments. The carbon fram bike is so nice. It is very responsive. You can feel when your stroke is uneven-thus correct yourself before wasting too much energy. Climing is easier too. This is a bike I look forward to riding.

That sounds like a divine ride! Sounds like a nice bike too

I'm so glad Spring is around the corner.

Its autumn for us! Luckily our winters are very mild compared to most people, the coldest it gets is about 0C/32F and thats at dawn before the sun comes up! Theres never any snow so it is possible to exercise outside all year round here

2009-03-15 10:44 PM
in reply to: #2019652

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal
eurydice79 - 2009-03-15 10:07 PM

Luckily our winters are very mild compared to most people, the coldest it gets is about 0C/32F and thats at dawn before the sun comes up! Theres never any snow so it is possible to exercise outside all year round here

And that's another reason for me to move to that part of the globe! Nearly 5 months a year without outdoor cycling really isn't a life at all!!

2009-03-17 11:39 PM
in reply to: #2019791

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
krystyna47 - 2009-03-16 1:44 PM
eurydice79 - 2009-03-15 10:07 PM

Luckily our winters are very mild compared to most people, the coldest it gets is about 0C/32F and thats at dawn before the sun comes up! Theres never any snow so it is possible to exercise outside all year round here

And that's another reason for me to move to that part of the globe! Nearly 5 months a year without outdoor cycling really isn't a life at all!!

I think you'll find New Zealand is a touch colder than Australia. But you can still probably cycle outside most of the time in winter

2009-03-18 12:00 AM
in reply to: #2024593

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal
eurydice79 - 2009-03-18 12:39 AM
krystyna47 - 2009-03-16 1:44 PM

I think you'll find New Zealand is a touch colder than Australia. But you can still probably cycle outside most of the time in winter

If it's above 5C, then it is warm enough to cycle!

I'm feeling 150% re-energized ever since the sun decided to shine and let spring return. Are anyone else's energy levels dependent on the cycle of the seasons?

I hope everyone's been doing well, the forum's been a bit quiet lately. Are we all out there having fun and on our way to becoming amazing triathletes?!

2009-03-18 4:16 PM
in reply to: #1858074

My agility sprints with my dog left me with a sore foot again. Darn.
I realized, however, that my little dog needs some more exercise too. So, as I rehab- I guess he and I will walk together.
He can walk close to a mile easily. Its the running that got to him. The course was about 450meters. He ran it in about 45sec. Thats actually slow for his size. He was really pooping out at the end. I felt bad for him. He and my other dogs do not play in the yard like normal dogs do. He really only plays fetch with us.
So, in addition to my training, we will work on him as well. We will do tiny tempo runs (a few yards at a time) and work our way up to a typical distance for an agility run.

I am happy to have sunlight! I do not mind running in the dark but I prefer at least some light, dusk is perfect. I have a trail near the house I can run. It is a paved rail to trail project. It runs for 20-30 miles or so. Since it runs along a creek, there is frequently wildlife along the trail, i.e. snakes - yes the poisonous types. You can see the benifit of having some daylight.
2009-03-19 7:36 PM
in reply to: #2024602

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
krystyna47 - 2009-03-18 3:00 PM

If it's above 5C, then it is warm enough to cycle!

I'm feeling 150% re-energized ever since the sun decided to shine and let spring return. Are anyone else's energy levels dependent on the cycle of the seasons?

Yes I exercise much better in the warmer months that in winter - theres nothing like having to get out of bed when its freezing cold and lashing with rain! It really puts you off. This year I am hoping to still attend swimming classes through winter, we swim in an outdoor pool but its geothermally heated so hopefully I'll be able to keep it up!

I hope everyone's been doing well, the forum's been a bit quiet lately. Are we all out there having fun and on our way to becoming amazing triathletes?!

I've been knocked down with a cold! Today is my third day off in a row and I was hoping to be feeling better by now but I'm not! I'm hoping to be able to manage a gentle jog tomorrow, and I have a bike race on Sunday.

Edited by eurydice79 2009-03-19 7:39 PM

2009-03-20 12:55 AM
in reply to: #2026242

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

shinsplint - 2009-03-19 7:16 AM My agility sprints with my dog left me with a sore foot again. Darn. I realized, however, that my little dog needs some more exercise too. So, as I rehab- I guess he and I will walk together. He can walk close to a mile easily. Its the running that got to him. The course was about 450meters. He ran it in about 45sec. Thats actually slow for his size. He was really pooping out at the end. I felt bad for him. He and my other dogs do not play in the yard like normal dogs do. He really only plays fetch with us. So, in addition to my training, we will work on him as well. We will do tiny tempo runs (a few yards at a time) and work our way up to a typical distance for an agility run.

I love this plan!

I am happy to have sunlight! I do not mind running in the dark but I prefer at least some light, dusk is perfect. I have a trail near the house I can run. It is a paved rail to trail project. It runs for 20-30 miles or so. Since it runs along a creek, there is frequently wildlife along the trail, i.e. snakes - yes the poisonous types. You can see the benifit of having some daylight.

Do American snakes get out of the way when they sense you coming? We have a lot of venemous snakes here but people rarely get bitten because the snakes will sense they are coming, usually through vibrations in the ground, and get out of the way. There are a few aggressive species but luckily most of them live deep in the desert where there aren't a lot of people anyway. Sadly, dogs get bitten a lot because they'll chase the snakes (unlike people who run in the other direction if they see one!) and so the snakes naturally defend themselves and the dogs become envenomated.

PS - I hope your foot gets better soon

Edited by eurydice79 2009-03-20 12:55 AM
2009-03-20 12:59 AM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

Welcome to page 15!

What does everyone have planned for their weekend?

I am planning to get better from my cold and then on Sunday I am doing the "Freeway Bike Hike". Its a yearly event in my city where they close the major freeway and let cyclists loose on it. There are three options: 60k, 30k and 10k (38mi, 19mi and 6mi). I'm doing the longest one. I was planning to do it in under 2 hours but with my cold I'll just have to see how I feel!

On Saturday night we're going out to a very fancy restaurant with my family to celebrate my brother finishing his chef apprenticeship, I'm really looking fwd to it

Have a good weekend everyone, happy training!

2009-03-20 4:28 PM

Actually, the snakes just took their time crossing the path or were just hanging out. Saw about 3 on one run. I was worried because there were families on the path. Guess if you use the path enough you get use to it.

My dogs are in an obedience trial this weekend.
I have been completely off the foot and back to wearing the PF boot at night.
I have some some walking with the dogs- so far so good.
Will try to work out this weekend but it will be very light and easy.

I hope everyone has nice weather.
2009-03-22 8:11 PM
in reply to: #2030971

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

shinsplint - 2009-03-21 7:28 AM Actually, the snakes just took their time crossing the path or were just hanging out. Saw about 3 on one run. I was worried because there were families on the path. Guess if you use the path enough you get use to it. My dogs are in an obedience trial this weekend. I have been completely off the foot and back to wearing the PF boot at night. I have some some walking with the dogs- so far so good. Will try to work out this weekend but it will be very light and easy. I hope everyone has nice weather.

How did your weekend go? Did your dogs perform well? How is the foot going?

2009-03-22 8:13 PM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

Hi everyone! How was your weekend?

I had an awesome bike race, I rode 60k/37.5mi in 1 hour 43 mins which I am really pleased with. Once a year they close one side of our main freeway and open it for cyclists to raise funds for the asthma foundation.

All the exertion has made my cold worse though, and I have pretty much been in bed since the ride! I'm resting up now and hoping to feel better soon

2009-03-22 10:54 PM
in reply to: #2033479

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal
eurydice79 - 2009-03-22 9:13 PM

Hi everyone! How was your weekend?

I had an awesome bike race, I rode 60k/37.5mi in 1 hour 43 mins which I am really pleased with. Once a year they close one side of our main freeway and open it for cyclists to raise funds for the asthma foundation.

All the exertion has made my cold worse though, and I have pretty much been in bed since the ride! I'm resting up now and hoping to feel better soon

I just read your race report for the freeway race. Sounds like an amazing experience! And what speed!

I've been having great weeks, the warm weather is slowly creeping up on us. It's still too cold for me to enjoy long bike rides, but to and from school at easy paces is keeping me sated for the time being. 

I'm improving my running time and distances, too! I've got an easy 10k race next weekend which should be fun. I hope to beat my 10k time with that race!! I also just ordered a tri suit, which should be coming in soon at my local swim shop. Now I've got to find a wetsuit and I'll be set for the swim portion of any cool-water upcoming tris.

And everyone else?!

2009-03-22 11:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
San Diego
Hey All,
Sitting here in the Seoul airport waiting to get on the 12 hour flight back to San Francisco. Little more than a month to go before Wild Flower. I must get back into the pool since I have had the last month of no pool. Ugh!!! Sorry I have not been active on the post but have been way tooooo busy working. Plus no non-secure internet where I was. But now I am back!!!!
2009-03-22 11:29 PM
in reply to: #2033741

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
krystyna47 - 2009-03-23 1:54 PM

I just read your race report for the freeway race. Sounds like an amazing experience! And what speed!

I've been having great weeks, the warm weather is slowly creeping up on us. It's still too cold for me to enjoy long bike rides, but to and from school at easy paces is keeping me sated for the time being. 

I'm improving my running time and distances, too! I've got an easy 10k race next weekend which should be fun. I hope to beat my 10k time with that race!! I also just ordered a tri suit, which should be coming in soon at my local swim shop. Now I've got to find a wetsuit and I'll be set for the swim portion of any cool-water upcoming tris.

And everyone else?!

Yay! I love shopping for triathlon things! I shop more for tri gear than for real clothes ... hmmm

What time are you hoping to beat in your upcoming 10k race?

2009-03-22 11:29 PM
in reply to: #2033748

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

jrcody - 2009-03-23 2:00 PM Hey All, Sitting here in the Seoul airport waiting to get on the 12 hour flight back to San Francisco. Little more than a month to go before Wild Flower. I must get back into the pool since I have had the last month of no pool. Ugh!!! Sorry I have not been active on the post but have been way tooooo busy working. Plus no non-secure internet where I was. But now I am back!!!!

Great to see you back! Wow you do travel a lot. Do you get to do any sight-seeing, or are you just busy with work the whole time you're overseas?

2009-03-24 1:23 AM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

Hi team! Happy Tuesday! I am feeling a little better today, hopefully its onwards and upwards from here. Work is busy, I was hoping it might be a quiet day so I could sneak home for a sleep, not so

How is everyone else? Enjoying the spring weather?

2009-03-25 9:58 PM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

Hi team! Happy Thursday! Its been a bit quiet on here - how is everyone going?

I am feeling better, almost 100% now, I was back at swim squad this morning and swam 3000m! I have my Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday, I am trying not to stress about it too much

2009-03-28 3:05 AM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

Good Afternoon team! Wow its REALLY quiet on here! How is everyone going?

2009-03-28 7:45 PM
in reply to: #2033775

User image

Extreme Veteran
Montreal
eurydice79 - 2009-03-23 12:29 AM What time are you hoping to beat in your upcoming 10k race?

I'm hoping to get in between 45-55 min. We'll see how it goes! The weatherman tells me it will rain 15mm tomorrow, hopefully it's later on in the day!

It is very quiet on here lately... is everyone out there having fun? 

Last night, I had my first meet with my biking club. I have a feeling I'll see so many beautiful places this season. The biking schedule sounds beautiful, with several weekend trips planned as well!!

Magda, good luck in your Olympic tomorrow!!!!

2009-03-29 5:10 AM
in reply to: #2046392

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
krystyna47 - 2009-03-29 10:45 AM
eurydice79 - 2009-03-23 12:29 AM What time are you hoping to beat in your upcoming 10k race?

I'm hoping to get in between 45-55 min. We'll see how it goes! The weatherman tells me it will rain 15mm tomorrow, hopefully it's later on in the day!

It is very quiet on here lately... is everyone out there having fun? 

Last night, I had my first meet with my biking club. I have a feeling I'll see so many beautiful places this season. The biking schedule sounds beautiful, with several weekend trips planned as well!!

Magda, good luck in your Olympic tomorrow!!!!

That cycling club sounds awesome! I love cycling, you can see so many beautiful things and go places you normally wouldn't

The race went well thanks, I finished! I'm doing a race report if anyone is interested

2009-04-01 8:15 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Hey guys! I know I have been MIA for about two weeks.  First I went to New York City for 5 days which was great!!  And then I fell and really injured my hand (check out the pictures on my log) and then my 30k running race!  So, alot has happened!!

Magda/Krystyna - you guys had a great races -you're both so inspiring.

So, I am taking this week pretty easy with either easy swim or easy spins. And in the mean time i have to figure out how i am going to train for my upcoming races. I have a variety of distances and types of events and it doesn't seem to culminate with one main event that could prepare me for each. I am thinking of getting the 3x balanced plan from this site and pumping up runs/bikes as needs.  Because i have 2 running races with longer than sprint tri runs and then I have a du with a bike longer than the sprint! BUT I really need to get my swim going!! That is the weakest link for certain!

How's everyone else? Here in North America - we're anxious for spring - i guess you're anxious for Fall, Magda?

2009-04-01 8:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
San Diego
Hey all, I got back from Korea and immediately fell deathly ill. Finally crawled out from under the blankets and only coughed up a single lung this morning. I am going back out tomorrow for a run and a swim and will see how I do. Talk to you tomorrow.

2009-04-02 12:52 AM
in reply to: #2053728

User image

Master
Perth, Australia
juniperjen - 2009-04-01 11:15 PM

Hey guys! I know I have been MIA for about two weeks.  First I went to New York City for 5 days which was great!!  And then I fell and really injured my hand (check out the pictures on my log) and then my 30k running race!  So, alot has happened!!

Magda/Krystyna - you guys had a great races -you're both so inspiring.

So, I am taking this week pretty easy with either easy swim or easy spins. And in the mean time i have to figure out how i am going to train for my upcoming races. I have a variety of distances and types of events and it doesn't seem to culminate with one main event that could prepare me for each. I am thinking of getting the 3x balanced plan from this site and pumping up runs/bikes as needs.  Because i have 2 running races with longer than sprint tri runs and then I have a du with a bike longer than the sprint! BUT I really need to get my swim going!! That is the weakest link for certain!

How's everyone else? Here in North America - we're anxious for spring - i guess you're anxious for Fall, Magda?

YOU'RE the inspiration Jen! You did a fantastic race too

How is your hand getting along?

With regards to the swimming - is there a swim club or tri club in your area you can join?

Yes its autumn here now and I am not looking fwd to it - dark cold mornings!!! I am going to have to get some winter cycling gear if I'm to keep up with it

Edited by eurydice79 2009-04-02 12:53 AM
2009-04-02 12:53 AM
in reply to: #2055879

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

jrcody - 2009-04-02 11:13 AM Hey all, I got back from Korea and immediately fell deathly ill. Finally crawled out from under the blankets and only coughed up a single lung this morning. I am going back out tomorrow for a run and a swim and will see how I do. Talk to you tomorrow.

I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope running & Swimming goes well

2009-04-03 1:48 AM

User image

Master
Perth, Australia

Good morning team! Happy Friday! Whats on the cards for the weekend?

I have to do an insane 100k ride tomorrow morning and then a 2 hour training run on Sunday. I'm going to do half of that as part of a 10k fun run, and the rest as a training run after the fun run!!!

Have a good weekend everyone

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Eurydice79 (Magda's) Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 15