Race for Erick
50F / 10C
Precipitation
Total Time = 24m 7s
Overall Rank = 1F/
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 7AM before the alarm, PBJ Waffle & Green Tea, checked weather channel and what to wear (Runner's World) to decide what to wear. Texted Elena to convince her to come to the race despite the rain. :)
Event warmup:

None
Run
  • 24m 7s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 45s  min/mile
Comments:

Started toward the front of the small group and pushed up the hill as quickly as I could. Once we turned onto Rocky Mountain, I checked my pace and pushed as much as I could while keeping my breathing slighly manageable (which means barely able to breathe). Hit the first mile split right where I wanted and found a kid (yes, probably about 13) to pace off of. Confirmed that I was actually the first female at the turnaround, wierd.

The second mile was slower, but still on pace for a PR - wierd again. The third mile was tough, lots of uphill and I did the best I could without puking. Tried to sprint at the end, but I don't think I moved much faster. ;)
What would you do differently?:

Maybe I should have started even faster, since the out was so much more downhill than coming back. Not sure if that would have been too much though - hard to tell.
Post race
Warm down:

Walk for a few steps, tried not to puke, turned in my time and cheered on Elena to her 2nd place AG finish (wahoo!!!).

Ate a buscuit and 2 small pieces of ham, drank water. Waited FOREVER for awards. Was so glad they didn't have my time on the paper when they called out the overall awards, since the male winner did a 16:30 - SHEESH!!

Does a 6 mile run after the race count as cooldown? :)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Still coming back from the stress fracture, although apparently I'm farther along in rebuilding my speed than I thought. Just need more time this year and I think I'll be able to PR.

Event comments:

Good race, rolling-to-hilly course on residential roads in Marietta, good post-race food (pancake breafast w/ buscuits, ham, & sausage). Small turnout this year due to weather, but apparently the field can be pretty big.

Last updated: 2009-02-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:07 | 03.11 miles | 07m 45s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
1 - 07m 18s; 2 - 07m 54s; 3 - 08m 42s; 4 - 00m 14s
Course: Start in parking lot of Rocky Mountain Elementary, quick loop up a hill and back down to entrance. Left onto Rocky Mountain rd, cross Trickum onto Eula, right onto Keheley, and back to Rocky Mountain Elementry.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes