39F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 33m 21s
Overall Rank = 3591/4370
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 308/395
Pre-race routine:

N/A

Had light activia yogurt, and small serving of steel cut oats for breakfast. Drank some Gatoraid G2. Due to "time of month" I also took pamprin.
Event warmup:

Not one. Quick walk from car to the other side of the dome. Weather was quite chilly so we were hoping to keep moving around briskly to keep warm.
Run
  • 2h 33m 21s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

This is the best I've ever felt running! My breath, legs & pace was great. The girl I ran with started cramping at mile 9. She needed to walk so I stopped with her. I truly could have kept going. Our friend needed to stop 4 more times before we finished.
What would you do differently?:

Start training before 5 weeks before the race! Still, it felt amazingly good. I think I'd do it all the same, just start to train at week one!
Post race
Warm down:

The end was pretty closed in. Once you crossed the line, you almost had to stop immediately. I'll need to do some GREAT stretching tonight.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Late start to training. Stopping with a friend who needed to walk a few times. But that's alright, my goal was just to finish, and I finished with a smile and feeling great! Even did a dance once I was across the "official finish"!

Event comments:

Can't wait to sign up for next year!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2009-03-22 12:00 AM
Running
02:33:21 | 13.1 miles | 11m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/395
Overall: 0/4370
Performance: Good
HR: Max: 177 Ave: 166
Course: Pretty flat. 4 tunnels to go through, but with minor elevation change. Entertainment on the course was great!! What a great crowd, great bands, including polka, elvis, rock, country, bagpipes, you name it. Roads were kept pretty clear and path was well marked. Due to flood we didn't get to run by the river this year.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %.02
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-05-09 1:59 PM

User image

Regular
West Fargo
Subject: Fargo Marathon

2009-05-13 10:44 AM
in reply to: #2140579

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Subject: RE: Fargo Marathon
That's awesome that you felt so great during the run.  That in and of itself is a gift.  Big congratulations on finishing.  Great pics, too!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Fargo Marathon Rss Feed