General Discussion Race Reports! » Head for the Hills Bike Rally in Cedar Hill Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Head for the Hills Bike Rally in Cedar Hill - CycleTour

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cedar Hill, Texas
United States
Rotary Club of Cedar Hill
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 35m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

got up, pumped up the tires.. took the dogs out,, grabbed a couple mt dews and I was off.
Event warmup:

wandering aimlessly
Bike
  • 2h 35m
  • 42 miles
  • 16.26 mile/hr
Comments:

I really liked this course,, well marked, plenty of stuff at the aid stops, and lots of fun.. then again the weather was prefect overcast and cool,, if it was 10 degrees warmer I might have a different opinion.

some parts of road were rough, but they were marked well, a couple of hills in the beginning but after that not really.. I was expecting a lot hillier course to be truthful.

the only downside was there seemed to be many hard turns either left or right.. they were well marked that a turn was coming,, but I was always extra cautious of a car coming around the corning cutting the lane since it was usually on a small two lane road where the blind corners were

I only took one bottle of infinate (300 calories) and a cliff bar that I wasn't planning on using. the aid stations were well stocked. :)
What would you do differently?:

push harder...

I think I finally learned to pedal today... I've always been a masher, and I've been contentrating on the pedel stroke being more horizontal.. from 9-3 and that works much better.

Up to the first stop I was right under a 15 avg. by the end I was 16+ and not that tired
Post race
Warm down:

they had a grill manned by red robin so I had a huge cheeseburger, and they evening had dt dew at the finish.. after eating those I took a couple of waters and headed home

Event comments:

I'd definitely recommend this rally

Last updated: 2009-05-10 12:00 AM
Biking
02:35:00 | 42 miles | 16.26 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind:
Course: nice course that seemed like I was going downhill most of the time.. a couple of hills. after the 40 milers turned off from the 60 milers the road was pretty rough for a bit
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-05-10 2:21 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: Head for the Hills Bike Rally in Cedar Hill

2009-05-10 5:31 PM
in reply to: #2141666

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: RE: Head for the Hills Bike Rally in Cedar Hill
Nice Gary, sounds like a good time.
2009-05-10 9:44 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

I will absolutely do this one again

2009-05-10 10:02 PM

User image

Expert

Sounds like you guys had fun. I sure wish I knew about this. Cedar Hill is less than 2 hrs from Killeen, and I definitely would have made the drive.

Maybe next year.

Congratulations!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Head for the Hills Bike Rally in Cedar Hill Rss Feed