Set-up Inc.
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 40m 52s
Overall Rank = 207/700
Age Group = Novice
Age Group Rank = 9/20
Pre-race routine:

Stayed at white lake on Saturday night so woke up at 7 put the bike on the bike rack and off I went. Had a powerbar and a banana and some bloks.
Event warmup:

Stretching and a short jog back to the car and back.
Swim
  • 17m 34s
  • 820 yards
  • 02m 08s / 100 yards
Comments:

The water was wayyyyyyyyy more choppy than last weekends race(which I watched and supported friends). I was bummed no wetsuits where allowed because I wanted to try it out in a race. I started right in-front so I could go all out so not to get kicked. Swimming to the first buoy I muscled my way through fighting the choppy waves and after that was smooth sailing. I caught up to alot of blue caps at the second turn buoy heading to the dock. I felt ok but I could have given alot more and did not want to use my leg strength up for the bike. Longgggg run to T1 so my swim was faster .
What would you do differently?:

kicked harder.
Transition 1
  • 02m 56s
Comments:

I got in to T1 and I tried to put on my socks(forgot the baby power in socks) Took me forever and then I got stuck in a line trying to exit T1 because two people could not clip in there shoes and go. The exit was very narrow and little room to go around.

Learning to bike with out socks and just jumping onto bike leaving shoes on pedals. this alone will make have a better race by 2 min
Bike
  • 47m 50s
  • 14 miles
  • 17.56 mile/hr
Comments:

My run is my worst part so I am always scared to push hard on the bike and then have nothing left for the run. I passed alot of people both laps but pushed enough to give it a decent effort . I was in aero position all the way both laps.

I think I am going to start doing brick runs.
Transition 2
  • 01m 31s
Comments:

nothing special just rack and go

run my bike to my bike rack and not walk
Run
  • 31m 5s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

My running sucks but its been going down by 2 min every triathlon I am doing. I guess the 5k races are helping me out. I could have gone faster but drank wayyyyy to much on the bike.I had a belly full of GA and I was feeling sick the whole way and a major side stitch .

Do not drink so much on the Bike .
Post race
Warm down:

cooled off in the lake and packed up my my Transition area. Got water and mountain dew drink and some cookies and sat down in the trees by the announcer to watch the awards handing out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Me. I need to give it my all and not worry about saving myself from injury.

Event comments:

Had alottttttt of fun

Last updated: 2009-05-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:17:34 | 820 yards | 02m 08s / 100yards
Age Group: 4/20
Overall: 88/700
Performance: Good
Suit: Orca race tri top and shorts
Course: The course was ok nothing special the wind was picking up so moving the middle buoy of course not lined up with the turn buoy
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 79F / 26C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:56
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:47:50 | 14 miles | 17.56 mile/hr
Age Group: 11/20
Overall: 232/700
Performance: Average
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Flat . Did not like the back end of the course with all the bumps on the road going past all the motels . Who ordered the crop duster to spray round up near us.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Too much
T2
Time: 01:31
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:31:05 | 03.11 miles | 09m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/20
Overall: 243/700
Performance: Below average
Course: flat
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-05-11 10:22 AM

User image

Master
Wilmington
Subject: White Lake Sprint Triathlon II

2009-05-11 11:32 AM
in reply to: #2143150

User image

Expert
Johns Creek, Georgia
Subject: RE: White Lake Sprint Triathlon II
Hey man, great job.  Woshed I had to chance to say hello.  That water was choppy!  I struggled the whole time and was dizzy when I got out.  Hope to see you at the Triangle Triathlon!
2009-05-11 8:16 PM
in reply to: #2143414

User image

Master
Wilmington
hrliles - 2009-05-11 11:32 AM Hey man, great job.  Woshed I had to chance to say hello.  That water was choppy!  I struggled the whole time and was dizzy when I got out.  Hope to see you at the Triangle Triathlon!

I wished I raced  the first weekend because the water so clam and I would have had a much faster time. Alot of people struggled I saw alot of people breast stroking while I swam by them in the group that left in front of me. You did an awesome job too my goal is to get to your time hrliles.  Alot of pressure was taken of my shoulder by some of my ellite friends who told me to just relax and have fun and not worry about times and just finish because its my 4th race first year and just to enjoy  the ride. 
2009-05-12 1:03 PM
in reply to: #2143150

User image

Wilmington
Good job out there! And thank you for being so calm and encouraging to me. I felt the same way about watching the first week's swim starts. Where was that smooth lake? Did you get a few lungfuls of the boat exhaust too? Despite all that, I felt pretty good getting out of the water. I pretty much can only improve from where I am now! 
2009-05-12 1:50 PM
in reply to: #2146226

User image

Master
Wilmington
When I was turning in the last buoy to head to the  dock I smelt some gas from a boat. After the the first turn the choppy water did not bother me. I just sing a song in my head while I swim and it helps take  my mind of the choppy water and the people around me. I might seem clam cool and collective but inside I am like damn I still have to run 3 miles today lol. Running is my worst part
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » White Lake Sprint Triathlon II Rss Feed