Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Bible Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2009-05-29 4:11 PM
in reply to: #2182020

User image

Philadelphia, south of New York and north of DC
Subject: RE: The Bible

Bripod - That's why it was significant. Not because of the evolution of language, but the fact that he kept the creed true to its origin.

Wow. That is interesting. I just reread 1 Cor 15, in light of what you've said.  It takes on a new layer of meaning for me:

3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures;
4 that he was buried; that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures;
5 that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve.
6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.
7 After that he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

Thanks for that!

I've heard that the best answer to the question, "Which is the best translation of the Bible"
Is, "The one you read".

Even with all of the different languages and translations, Scripture really does come alive in a way that no other written word does for me. 

2009-05-29 4:41 PM
in reply to: #2182076

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
dontracy - 2009-05-29 4:11 PM

I've heard that the best answer to the question, "Which is the best translation of the Bible"
Is, "The one you read NASB".

Fixed that for you! haha!

In all seriousness, though, I agree. Once I started actually reading it, instead of making generalizations and false claims about it, I became a believer. It truly is sharper than any two-edged sword... I'd continue the verse but then we'd get into a debate about whether soul and spirit are separate or the same
2009-05-29 4:47 PM
in reply to: #2182132

Bripod - 2009-05-29 5:41 PM
dontracy - 2009-05-29 4:11 PM I've heard that the best answer to the question, "Which is the best translation of the Bible"

Fixed that for you! haha! In all seriousness, though, I agree. Once I started actually reading it, instead of making generalizations and false claims about it, I became a believer. It truly is sharper than any two-edged sword... I'd continue the verse but then we'd get into a debate about whether soul and spirit are separate or the same
Me too - I've mentioned it before, I'm pretty sure, but for me, one of the most convincing things was actually sitting down and reading it. And the weird thing was, I felt compelled to read it. I started with the Gospels and no matter how much I told myself that I was just going to read it with no preconceived notions either way, as I read it, all I could think to myself was "Wow. This is the truth".
2009-05-29 9:05 PM
in reply to: #2182132

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by SweetK 2009-05-29 9:06 PM
2009-05-29 9:33 PM
in reply to: #2182473

SweetK -  What would you do?

I think "talk to Father" is a great answer!

Here are some more thoughts.

Go through Part 1 Article 3 of the new Catechism of the Catholic Church. It covers Sacred Scripture.

Here's an online copy. Scroll down about half way to get to Article 3. Maybe read through it first and then translate it into language for a 10yo?

Also, I haven't read either of these two books, but I recommend the authors.

Did Adam and Eve Have Belly Buttons? by Matthew Pinto

and

Prove It: Catholic Teen Bible by Amy Welborn

I've read one of the books from Amy's Prove It series. Highly recommend her as an author for young people. She's really great at translating difficult theological concepts for a teenage audience.  She's a great blogger.  Here's her current blog.  And her site with contact info.  Amy's a wealth of information about how to provide solid catechesis for young people.

It's great that you're doing this for your daughter!

Edited by dontracy 2009-05-29 9:40 PM
2009-05-29 9:51 PM
in reply to: #2182138

Veteran
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-29 2:47 PM

dontracy - 2009-05-29 4:11 PM I've heard that the best answer to the question, "Which is the best translation of the Bible"

Fixed that for you! haha! In all seriousness, though, I agree. Once I started actually reading it, instead of making generalizations and false claims about it, I became a believer. It truly is sharper than any two-edged sword... I'd continue the verse but then we'd get into a debate about whether soul and spirit are separate or the same
Me too - I've mentioned it before, I'm pretty sure, but for me, one of the most convincing things was actually sitting down and reading it. And the weird thing was, I felt compelled to read it. I started with the Gospels and no matter how much I told myself that I was just going to read it with no preconceived notions either way, as I read it, all I could think to myself was "Wow. This is the truth".

Any chance you read the Koran or the Book of Mormom with that belief? Would you read those two books thinking they are the words of god? Did you read the The Odessy believing those stories we real?

About the dating of Paul's letters, nobody can even confirm when Jesus lived, so to say that his letters were written within 2 years is a misnomer. Within 2 years Paul would have been saying things like, "Two years ago in on hill X near Jerusalem while X was governor, Jesus was crucified. There is strong scholarly work that Paul never even knew a historical Jesus lived.

2009-05-29 10:08 PM
in reply to: #2182558

MikeColorado - 2009-05-29 10:51 PM

Any chance you read the Koran or the Book of Mormom with that belief? Would you read those two books thinking they are the words of god? Did you read the The Odessy believing those stories we real?

You are attempting to twist my words around to suit your own devices, which I don't appreciate in the slightest. Firstly, the Odyssey is a work of fiction. It is not considered a religious text. Secondly, I didn't always believe that the Bible was the true Word of God. I thought it was a book of nice morality stories, nothing more. And while I don't have time to get into the whole thing here, various events in my life were starting to point me in the right direction - I look back now and see that it was God calling to me, and in that time, I was drawn to the Bible, a book I had previous had no interest in. I can't really explain it except that I was compelled to read it and I don't think that was a random act. I went into reading it telling myself that it was just a book, it wasn't real, a work of fiction. You don't know me, but if you did you'd know that I have always been a very rational person, that I thought that someone like me, who knew better, would never fall victim something as silly as Christianity. And the fact that this book STILL had such an impact on me spoke volumes. I could NOT deny the truth of the text and I absolutely will not. I was not drawn to the Koran or the Book of Mormon simply because the Bible is the Truth.  

It wasn't as if I opened the bible one day, read a passage and immediately said "oh, I believe in Jesus now!". It was a process. God revealed His truth to me through the Bible, and that was a big part of it, but it wasn't all at once, and I did a lot of other reading, talking to people, having people pray with me, etc.

2009-05-29 10:15 PM

MikeColorado -  Any chance you read the Koran or the Book of Mormom with that belief? Would you read those two books thinking they are the words of god? Did you read the The Odessy believing those stories we real? About the dating of Paul's letters, nobody can even confirm when Jesus lived, so to say that his letters were written within 2 years is a misnomer. Within 2 years Paul would have been saying things like, "Two years ago in on hill X near Jerusalem while X was governor, Jesus was crucified. There is strong scholarly work that Paul never even knew a historical Jesus lived.

I read the Koran for a short period of time between the years I was an atheist and when I reverted to Christianity. And no, it didn't draw me in the same way, even though I was spiritually open to it.  Haven't read the book of Mormon.

I have read The Iliad and The Odyssey, both a couple of times. I love them. However, the more I read them, the more they appear to be clearly myth, and meant to be myth. 

The Bible is different. The more I read scripture, the more I see a wholeness to it, with that wholeness being Jesus Christ Himself. Doesn't matter what page you open the Bible to, it is all pointing to and opening up to the reality of Christ.  It is a very strange and mysterious thing once you begin to experience it.  Christianity isn't a religion of a book, but rather the religion of a person, that person being Christ.  Still, reading scripture does help bring the person of Christ alive in the life of many people.

I hated Christianity for a long time. Reading scripture began to open my heart to it.

Can you site and author and document that claims to show that Paul never knew of an historical Jesus?

Edited by dontracy 2009-05-29 10:18 PM
2009-05-29 10:23 PM
in reply to: #2182596

Veteran
dontracy - 2009-05-29 8:15 PM

MikeColorado -  Any chance you read the Koran or the Book of Mormom with that belief? Would you read those two books thinking they are the words of god? Did you read the The Odessy believing those stories we real? About the dating of Paul's letters, nobody can even confirm when Jesus lived, so to say that his letters were written within 2 years is a misnomer. Within 2 years Paul would have been saying things like, "Two years ago in on hill X near Jerusalem while X was governor, Jesus was crucified. There is strong scholarly work that Paul never even knew a historical Jesus lived.

I read the Koran for a short period of time between the years I was an atheist and when I reverted to Christianity. And no, it didn't draw me in the same way, even though I was spiritually open to it.  Haven't read the book of Mormon.

I have read The Iliad and The Odyssey, both a couple of times. I love them. However, the more I read them, the more they appear to be clearly myth, and meant to be myth. 

The Bible is different. The more I read scripture, the more I see a wholeness to it, with that wholeness being Jesus Christ Himself. Doesn't matter what page you open the Bible to, it is all pointing to and opening up to the reality of Christ.  It is a very strange and mysterious thing once you begin to experience it.  Christianity isn't a religion of a book, but rather the religion of a person, that person being Christ.  Still, reading scripture does help bring the person of Christ alive in the life of many people.

I hated Christianity for a long time. Reading scripture began to open my heart to it.

Can you site and author and document that claims to show that Paul never knew of an historical Jesus?

Here is a start

http://jesuspuzzle.humanists.net/home.htm

It's funny that I also brought up the Odyssey. There's a book how the Gospel of Mark is just the retelling of that story.

So the stories like a Global Flood, talking snakes, talking bushes, a talking donkey and all the other tall tales don't sound like what was written in the Odyssey?

2009-05-29 10:25 PM
in reply to: #2182583

Veteran
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-29 8:08 PM

MikeColorado - 2009-05-29 10:51 PM

You are attempting to twist my words around to suit your own devices, which I don't appreciate in the slightest. Firstly, the Odyssey is a work of fiction. It is not considered a religious text. Secondly, I didn't always believe that the Bible was the true Word of God. I thought it was a book of nice morality stories, nothing more. And while I don't have time to get into the whole thing here, various events in my life were starting to point me in the right direction - I look back now and see that it was God calling to me, and in that time, I was drawn to the Bible, a book I had previous had no interest in. I can't really explain it except that I was compelled to read it and I don't think that was a random act. I went into reading it telling myself that it was just a book, it wasn't real, a work of fiction. You don't know me, but if you did you'd know that I have always been a very rational person, that I thought that someone like me, who knew better, would never fall victim something as silly as Christianity. And the fact that this book STILL had such an impact on me spoke volumes. I could NOT deny the truth of the text and I absolutely will not. I was not drawn to the Koran or the Book of Mormon simply because the Bible is the Truth.  

It wasn't as if I opened the bible one day, read a passage and immediately said "oh, I believe in Jesus now!". It was a process. God revealed His truth to me through the Bible, and that was a big part of it, but it wasn't all at once, and I did a lot of other reading, talking to people, having people pray with me, etc.

I'm sorry, but usually the people who espouse the Bible don't also read the Koran, BofM, and other books with the same frame of mind. And what happened to you happens to all different religions with the same story, they felt lose, and their religion provided an answer.

What is rational about the story of Jesus?
2009-05-29 10:33 PM
in reply to: #2182604

MikeColorado - Here is a start http://jesuspuzzle.humanists.net/home.htm

Thanks,Mike. Can you either unpack that in your own words, or cite the specific piece about Paul that you previously mentioned? 

It's funny that I also brought up the Odyssey. There's a book how the Gospel of Mark is just the retelling of that story. So the stories like a Global Flood, talking snakes, talking bushes, a talking donkey and all the other tall tales don't sound like what was written in the Odyssey?

There are books about a lot of things. Just because there's a book, doesn't make it true.

You know, it's not news that there were cultures that had myths and rituals that are similar to things that developed in Christianity.  It's perfectly consistent to the meaning of Christ.

For example, take the notion of the afterlife within ancient Egyptian culture.  There's nothing there that would negate the truth of the Resurrection. God could certainly have written on the hearts of people in such a way as to have them develop such similar cultural phenomenon out of a universal yearning.

In Christ though, all of these things are brought to perfection.

Edited by dontracy 2009-05-29 10:35 PM

2009-05-29 10:42 PM
in reply to: #2182605

MikeColorado -  What is rational about the story of Jesus?

Well for one, look to what happened in the Greek world itself.

It was the Greek philosophers who developed so many of the tools of reason. With these tools they discovered the existence of what is called by various terms, All Being, The Logos, The Word, Ens.  This discovery smashed the system of mythical local gods that they had.  The Greek philosophers such as Aristotle were considered a-theists.

Along comes Paul talking about a new god. They ask Paul who it was. Was it Zeus. Was it Apollo.

No. Paul answers that it was Logos, The Word, All Being.

The beginning of the Gospel of John speaks of Christ in this same way, calling Him The Word.

This they understood right away.  The Greek world was transformed into faith through the truth found in reason.  Christ was proposed to them rather than being imposed, and the proposal made rational sense.

Edited by dontracy 2009-05-29 10:45 PM
2009-05-29 10:48 PM
in reply to: #2182611

Veteran
dontracy - 2009-05-29 8:33 PM

MikeColorado - Here is a start http://jesuspuzzle.humanists.net/home.htm

Thanks,Mike. Can you either unpack that in your own words, or cite the specific piece about Paul that you previously mentioned? 

It's funny that I also brought up the Odyssey. There's a book how the Gospel of Mark is just the retelling of that story. So the stories like a Global Flood, talking snakes, talking bushes, a talking donkey and all the other tall tales don't sound like what was written in the Odyssey?

There are books about a lot of things. Just because there's a book, doesn't make it true.

You know, it's not news that there were cultures that had myths and rituals that are similar to things that developed in Christianity.  It's perfectly consistent to the meaning of Christ.

For example, take the notion of the afterlife within ancient Egyptian culture.  There's nothing there that would negate the truth of the Resurrection. God could certainly have written on the hearts of people in such a way as to have them develop such similar cultural phenomenon out of a universal yearning.

In Christ though, all of these things are brought to perfection.

Here is the specific article on that site about it

http://jesuspuzzle.humanists.net/supp08.htm

So here is Paul trying to sell a new religion to everyone yet he provides no real details to the people he's selling it to about the things he heard or saw about a real person that supposedly only lived 2 years prior....No mention of a virgin birth, no specific details of who crucified him, when, no trips to the hill Jesus was crucified on, etc.

You are right about the book though, it would have to go on the arguments made by the author about the similiarities to the Homer epic.

2009-05-29 11:04 PM
in reply to: #2182631

Pro
Hailey, ID
Mike, have you read the Bible, Book of Mormon, Koran etc? Just curious.

I do like your point that so many refute something without even reading it or looking into it.

Many do this with the BoM. The funny thing is, the Bible supports the BoM as the BoM supports the Bible. Many other books including the Koran and the Apocrypha include many truths. I'm not sure why people think, if there is one thing wrong, it invalidates the 1000s of other pages in some of these books.
2009-05-29 11:09 PM

MikeColorado -  So here is Paul trying to sell a new religion to everyone yet he provides no real details to the people he's selling it to about the things he heard or saw about a real person that supposedly only lived 2 years prior...

Well, probably because he never knew Jesus before the resurection.  That's not news.

I didn't read through the whole piece you linked to, but I did read the beginning of the section "The Gospel About the Son". The author seems to be troubled by this from Paul:

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised (or, announced) beforehand through his prophets in the holy scriptures, the gospel concerning his Son, who . . .

And then seems to claim that since Paul is talking about God promising the  gospel, rather than the person of Jesus that is shows that Paul thinks that Jesus didn't exist?

Really? That's the crux of his argument. Does the rest of the piece rest on such a flimsy argument?

I did a search on the piece and could find no mention of Peter, aside from the Letter of Peter.  Should go back and search for the other Apostles.  Does the author not know that Paul lived in community with other Apostles and decisples who actually knew Jesus?  Again, to be fair I'd need to read the whole piece, but he doesn't seem to bother with this aspect at all.

This seems like Dan Brown Da Vinci Codesque argument. Good enough to sell a book, but that's about all.

Edited by dontracy 2009-05-29 11:11 PM
2009-05-29 11:23 PM

MikeColorado - no specific details of who crucified him

Mike, here is another example missing from your author's argument. 1st Corinthians 11 23-27

23 For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread
24 and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.
27 Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord. 

How exactly is this not referring to the historical person of Jesus?

Edited by dontracy 2009-05-29 11:25 PM

2009-05-30 5:47 AM
in reply to: #2182605

MikeColorado - 2009-05-29 11:25 PM  What is rational about the story of Jesus?

You'd be surprised. I didn't expect any of it to make any sense. I mean, you're right - what DOES make sense about a guy who was born from a woman who never had sex, died and was buried and then rose again? But the more I read the Bible, talked to people and read other stuff, when I looked at the whole picture, it made very logical sense. Again, it's a process as to how I came to these conclusions and it's a little different for everyone. One book that really helped put a lot of it into perspective was C. S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity".

And part of it is simply the "faith" factor. I don't like saying that I believe "just because I do", but I can tell you that aside from all of my reading and questioning and talking to people, there was "something" that happened. Not exactly a "feeling", but it was something unlike any other feeling or sense I'd had before. We are generally not to trust our human feelings and emotions because they are not rock solid and are open to change. However, this different "feeling" is not something I can describe in a way that someone who hasn't experienced it would understand. A "presence" would be close, but even that doesn't quite work. And I'm sure people experience God in slightly different ways. I don't see angels or hear voices. Actually I'm terrible at discerning what God is trying to tell me, because I'm still a "baby" Christian. But I can tell you for sure that there have been moments since, at church or wherever, that I've felt God's presence in a place. And I really can't describe it. And until it happens to someone, it doesn't make any sense.

I know that last part is a little bit of a side track, but it's still important. Intellectually I "get" the whole Christianity thing. From a logical point of view, it DOES make sense. But this experiential aspect is what keeps me from thinking that I'm a lunatic.

2009-05-30 9:30 AM
in reply to: #2175320

wurkit_gurl.......awesome testimony. I have been a believer and follower of Jesus Christ for a number of years. I would encourage you to never loose the newness you have in your relationship with Christ. Even though you may not think you are as "strong" in your faith as others, I believe you are exactly where God would want all of us to be. Anytime I try to inject my own logic into my faith, my faith decreases and my own "attempt" at knowledge increase which is always bad. Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

2009-05-30 11:20 AM

Champion
Fairport, NY
From my post on the top of page 2 of this thread:

The fastest way to get banned from posting in these forums is to mock or otherwise denigrate someone else's religious beliefs. Feel free to discuss your own beliefs and how you came to them, but if you enjoy the privilege of posting here, it would be unwise in the extreme to post anything remotely disrespectful of another's faith.

We have our first winner with the post below which is a classic troll, in that it both attacks someone else personally for their beliefs (first sentence) and also asserts that what they believe is untrue (last sentence):

Any chance you read the Koran or the Book of Mormom with that belief? Would you read those two books thinking they are the words of god? Did you read the The Odessy believing those stories we real? About the dating of Paul's letters, nobody can even confirm when Jesus lived, so to say that his letters were written within 2 years is a misnomer. Within 2 years Paul would have been saying things like, "Two years ago in on hill X near Jerusalem while X was governor, Jesus was crucified. There is strong scholarly work that Paul never even knew a historical Jesus lived.

The person who wrote that has been banned from posting in the forums.

2009-05-30 1:52 PM
in reply to: #2182529

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-05-30 2:05 PM
in reply to: #2183022

Pro
Texas
marmadaddy - 2009-05-30 11:20 AM

We have our first winner with the post below which is a classic troll, in that it both attacks someone else personally for their beliefs (first sentence) and also asserts that what they believe is untrue (last sentence):

OK I get the first half, but I don't see how you can have a discussion about this topic with differing opinions where the second half isn't happening. If one person is a Catholic and the other is Muslim - just to pick two - then when they espouse their views(no matter how nicely) there is an implicit assertion that they believe the other person's view isn't the truth. I'm all for having civil discourse on the site and I appreciate you trying to keep the peace, but if part of the definition being used as grounds for banishment is asserting the other person's beliefs is untrue then half of CoJ should be banned for their posts in the political threads. Asserting the other person's beliefs are untrue is a basic tenet of any reasonable debate.

2009-05-30 3:11 PM
in reply to: #2183223

Champion
Fairport, NY
JBrashear - 2009-05-30 3:05 PM
OK I get the first half, but I don't see how you can have a discussion about this topic with differing opinions where the second half isn't happening. If one person is a Catholic and the other is Muslim - just to pick two - then when they espouse their views(no matter how nicely) there is an implicit assertion that they believe the other person's view isn't the truth. I'm all for having civil discourse on the site and I appreciate you trying to keep the peace, but if part of the definition being used as grounds for banishment is asserting the other person's beliefs is untrue then half of CoJ should be banned for their posts in the political threads. Asserting the other person's beliefs are untrue is a basic tenet of any reasonable debate.

This thread is not about "debate". It is not about who's belief system is correct, nor is it about pointing out what one believes to be inconsistencies in the belief systems of others.  Here's the OP:

I want to hear viewpoints on the Bible.

For you, is it the Word of God or was it written by men?
Does it contain errors?
Did the church "add and delete" to it as they saw fit?

Nowhere does the OP ask "what do you see is wrong with what others believe"?

ETA: There is a world of difference between "Here is what I believe and why" and "Here is why you are wrong".  This is particularly true when the topic is faith.
2009-05-30 3:22 PM
in reply to: #2183284

Pro
Texas
marmadaddy - 2009-05-30 3:11 PM

JBrashear - 2009-05-30 3:05 PM

This thread is not about "debate". It is not about who's belief system is correct, nor is it about pointing out what one believes to be inconsistencies in the belief systems of others.  Here's the OP:

I want to hear viewpoints on the Bible.

For you, is it the Word of God or was it written by men?
Does it contain errors?
Did the church "add and delete" to it as they saw fit?

Nowhere does the OP ask "what do you see is wrong with what others believe"?

I disagree, the very first sentence from the OP is "I want to hear viewpoints on the Bible". That's an invitation for debate, and given that we're discussing the book that most of this board's belief structure is based from, it's a debate about each others' inconsistencies in their beliefs. If you're debating the bible - which is what the OP wanted - you're debating the beliefs of each person who uses the bible as the basis for their religion. Saying otherwise is like asking people what they think about the designated hitter then saying nobody's allowed to debate baseball. Even before this thread cracked page 2 there are people debating assertions put forth by the OP. Thus, the debate is already on and people are stating what they believe is correct or incorrect. I'm willing to venture a guess that the others who have put forth an alternative view from the OP haven't been banned, yet they're doing what you said is ban-worthy.
2009-05-30 3:52 PM

Veteran
Rockwall, Texas

the bible is the inspired word of god. it was written thru men to the people of the time, to be read in context by us. the things that happened in the bible are real and literal, but then they are also more than literal. the people of the time of the bible understood things very differently than we do.

does the bible have errors: what do you mean by errors? if you mean factual, contextual errors, than most likely not. you can follow many of the stories in the bible and trace them to a major events of historical time, and many of the stories are documented in other places than the bible. jesus was very real and very alive. so were paul and peter and john. they have all been recorded elsewhere in history as real, living, breathing people that walked the earth.

did the church add or delete as they saw fit: the church of the fifth and fourth century canonnized the bible. the greek word canon literally means measurement or measuring stick. the church at the time, under constantine, took all of the accounts of the jesus story, read and reread them, and "measured them". there are other accounts of the jesus story, such as the gospel of peter and the gospel of judas. the church canonnized the bible based on authority of the letter, ie: who wrote it, how long after the event it took place, how accurate it was,what it meant in context, the message, etc. then they chose the books that held the most authority and put them together as the New Testament. a bunch of jewish scholars and preists canonnized the Old tetament way before any of the NT happened. so in other words, yes and no. they created a book from a group of letters, and chose the ones that held the most authority.

God's hand was and had to be guiding this process. as creator god, as elohim, that is his nature. he created us in his very image, he created us out of his wonderful and abounding love, and he (if you want to put a human, finite label on the deity god [one of the many problems of organized religion IMO, but thats a whole nother can of worms]) only wants the absolute best for his creation, us. that means giving us the best way to learn about him and his passionate love story with his creation.

my thoughts on the bible: the bible is gods passionate love story with his creation, and the process of him bringing his creation back into perfect relationship with him.

2009-05-30 3:57 PM

Veteran
Rockwall, Texas
i dont see how submitting your own person veiwpoint of the bible is deeming others veiws as incorrect. we have a bible class at my school. we have discussions like this all the time, and a classroom full of hormonal 17 year-olds can have a civilized, respectful discussion about this. i see no reason why we cant. 
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Bible Rss Feed  

of 11