16C / 61F
Overcast
Total Time = 43m 54s
Overall Rank = 14/49
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 3/4
Pre-race routine:

As usual for race morning.
Had dinner at the uncle's place yesterday and ate too much, as usual... which is probably the explanation for the (little) stomach problems today.
Event warmup:

Some light jogging, followed by just a bit of stretching then 2 or 3 strides and that was it.
Run
  • 43m 54s
  • 10 kms
  • 04m 23s  min/km
Comments:

The first k was too fast ~4:10... way too fast. The next 2k, the body was reluctant to do what I wanted it to do, which was to go all out. Stomach was a bit upside down, legs were stiff somewhat. After about 12 minutes I got into my zone and never really got out of it. Ah there were some little things, shins were a worry at some point, some stomach cramping as well, but it never bothered me that much. Had some very nice pace booty to chase during the whole second half of the race, which was very motivating. Poor her, she got "Whitfielded" (Read: got passed in the last 200 yards by a guy who threw his hat to gain some speed in the last sprint, if you still don't understand, have a look at the finish of the mens triathlon in beijing olympics).
What would you do differently?:

In terms of race strategy, starting a bit slower would probably be wise. First versus last 5k, I'd like the next race to be "negative splited".
Post race
Warm down:

Right after the event... not much. but when I got back home, at least tried to, the road I had to take was closed for the Tour de l'ile (a yearly familly bike ride around Montreal that attracts thousands of people). So I found a parking and ran/walked the 2.3km home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need more training! Yep!

Event comments:

So I finished 3rd in my AG! :) They have a special way of doing things for the Dix30 Cup: men and woman of the same AG goes to the podium at the same time. That means I've been on the same podium as the triathlon olympian Kathy Tremblay! Life is so great! Oh, and a new PR by 2 minutes! :):)

Last updated: 2009-05-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:43:54 | 10 kms | 04m 23s  min/km
Age Group: 3/4
Overall: 14/49
Performance: Average
Km markers were all f***ed up... so are m splits then. Anyways, the first 5k were 21:38 and last 5k were done in about 22:10.
Course: Very flat, very fast... it felt like back to school season... everybody was running like hell in the Quartier Dix30 (a power center near Montreal). :)
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes