Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 79

2010-10-25 1:24 PM
in reply to: #3170857

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: FB Mafia Wars Support Group
I agree, if you do them in reverse, you have to purchase everything at level 2 prices since you needed to get through all of them.  I wanted to to that to get all my businesses.  BUT, level 2 is better than level 3 or 4, at least.

Link:  It's usefull.  I used it to figure out how to kill ruby bosses in Vegas.

http://mafiawars.wikia.com/wiki/Mafia_Wars_Wiki

2010-10-25 1:54 PM
in reply to: #2263485

User image

Expert
Hatboro, PA
I just finished off my last job in Las Vegas.  Now, all I have are Italy and Bangkok (only a few more jobs, but they cost so much Baht!!).  I feel like I am flying through Italy.  I have all of the episodes/chapters/whatever they are called, open.  So far, I am not finding the jobs to require a ton of energy usage, which is nice.  Now that I have completed Las Vegas, I can use my stamina to do a couple of fight paths, instead of all energy paths.
2010-10-25 3:32 PM
in reply to: #3170965

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
phillybarb - 2010-10-25 1:54 PM I just finished off my last job in Las Vegas.  Now, all I have are Italy and Bangkok (only a few more jobs, but they cost so much Baht!!).  I feel like I am flying through Italy.  I have all of the episodes/chapters/whatever they are called, open.  So far, I am not finding the jobs to require a ton of energy usage, which is nice.  Now that I have completed Las Vegas, I can use my stamina to do a couple of fight paths, instead of all energy paths.

You aren't kidding!  I have a lot of stamina and it's taking me a long time to do some of the fight jobs in the upper levels of vegas!
2010-10-25 3:37 PM
in reply to: #3171215

User image

Sensei
Sin City
jldicarlo - 2010-10-25 1:32 PM
phillybarb - 2010-10-25 1:54 PM I just finished off my last job in Las Vegas.  Now, all I have are Italy and Bangkok (only a few more jobs, but they cost so much Baht!!).  I feel like I am flying through Italy.  I have all of the episodes/chapters/whatever they are called, open.  So far, I am not finding the jobs to require a ton of energy usage, which is nice.  Now that I have completed Las Vegas, I can use my stamina to do a couple of fight paths, instead of all energy paths.

You aren't kidding!  I have a lot of stamina and it's taking me a long time to do some of the fight jobs in the upper levels of vegas!

Yeah, I just did the energy paths.  It was quicker.  The LAST fight in Vegas needs 160 stamina a pop.  Yikes!  I have 640 so I can only fight 4 times per full reload.  At 2% complete (IF I never lose a fight, rare) it takes a LONG time.

Another week, and I will Vegas Officially done (every path complete).  Not just the bosses beat.
2010-10-25 3:46 PM
in reply to: #3171230

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Kido - 2010-10-25 3:37 PM

Yeah, I just did the energy paths.  It was quicker.  The LAST fight in Vegas needs 160 stamina a pop.  Yikes!  I have 640 so I can only fight 4 times per full reload.  At 2% complete (IF I never lose a fight, rare) it takes a LONG time.

Another week, and I will Vegas Officially done (every path complete).  Not just the bosses beat.

Yeah, I don't lose those fights very often either.  I make sure to only click when the person has a smaller mafia than me.  If I have to go away and come back a minute later I do it.

Speaking of fights...I do the regular fights quite a bit and I'm barely making progress on the fight mastery.  Is there any way to get fight mastery quicker?  Do you get more for fighting larger mafias?  Winning by more?  Anything?  Or do all victories get you the same amount of mastery?  It's ridiculous how long it takes to gain one level...if I didn't need stamina for Vegas and boss fights I would reload health and fight again to get more.  As it is I end up fighting my health down a couple of times per day and that's it.  At that rate it will be awhile.
2010-10-25 3:50 PM
in reply to: #3171254

User image

Sensei
Sin City
jldicarlo - 2010-10-25 1:46 PM

Yeah, I don't lose those fights very often either.  I make sure to only click when the person has a smaller mafia than me.  If I have to go away and come back a minute later I do it.

Speaking of fights...I do the regular fights quite a bit and I'm barely making progress on the fight mastery.  Is there any way to get fight mastery quicker?  Do you get more for fighting larger mafias?  Winning by more?  Anything?  Or do all victories get you the same amount of mastery?  It's ridiculous how long it takes to gain one level...if I didn't need stamina for Vegas and boss fights I would reload health and fight again to get more.  As it is I end up fighting my health down a couple of times per day and that's it.  At that rate it will be awhile.

I gave up on that.  I was only doing it for a while to get chips when I needed them...  I leveled up pretty fast at first, but now it takes a lot.  I have to win something like 10 fights to move up 1%.    I would do it more in Bangkok, but they only max out at 10k baht if you are lucky enough to find anyone that doesn't bank them...  Seriosly, what does 10k do when you need 4 million?  Most of the time you don't get ANY, so I quit that attempt and decided to wait it out with my properties.

2010-10-25 4:37 PM
in reply to: #3171266

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Kido - 2010-10-25 3:50 PM
jldicarlo - 2010-10-25 1:46 PM

I gave up on that.  I was only doing it for a while to get chips when I needed them...  I leveled up pretty fast at first, but now it takes a lot.  I have to win something like 10 fights to move up 1%.    I would do it more in Bangkok, but they only max out at 10k baht if you are lucky enough to find anyone that doesn't bank them...  Seriosly, what does 10k do when you need 4 million?  Most of the time you don't get ANY, so I quit that attempt and decided to wait it out with my properties.

I have over 2000 victory coins...no idea what I get to do with them though.
2010-10-25 5:40 PM
in reply to: #3171371

User image

Expert
Hatboro, PA
The victory coins can be used to buy things in the Marketplace.  Look under Fight Club in the store area.  There doesn't appear to be any good items until the higher levels.  I'm only level 9 (about 2200 victory coins) and haven't spent any, since I figure I will save them for the better stuff later.

One "reward" that I find very good is loyalty points.  You can earn them by helping other people on jobs and sending other people property parts from their posts.  There doesn't seem to be a system for how many loyalty points I receive from each click; however, there is a maximum amount I can earn in a day.  I've been adding mafia members at a rate of 10 members for 180 loyalty points.  I can get 180 loyalty points in a couple of days, so I'm building my way to a 501 person mafia.  You can also buy property parts for 20 loyalty points, among other things.  So, keep spamming my FB feed because I am clicking!
2010-10-25 5:54 PM
in reply to: #3171474

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
phillybarb - 2010-10-25 5:40 PM The victory coins can be used to buy things in the Marketplace.  Look under Fight Club in the store area.  There doesn't appear to be any good items until the higher levels.  I'm only level 9 (about 2200 victory coins) and haven't spent any, since I figure I will save them for the better stuff later.

One "reward" that I find very good is loyalty points.  You can earn them by helping other people on jobs and sending other people property parts from their posts.  There doesn't seem to be a system for how many loyalty points I receive from each click; however, there is a maximum amount I can earn in a day.  I've been adding mafia members at a rate of 10 members for 180 loyalty points.  I can get 180 loyalty points in a couple of days, so I'm building my way to a 501 person mafia.  You can also buy property parts for 20 loyalty points, among other things.  So, keep spamming my FB feed because I am clicking!

I think in the early days the cap was a LOT higher.  I mean, I was earning a TON.  Now I see to reach the cap every day pretty darn quick.  I've been using mine to get energy to level up if I'm close.  I wish they had come up with this before I was spending all my RP on extra mafia!

I'll have to look for the stuff for properties... 
2010-10-25 6:17 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
p.s. That reminds me...could everyone please take a minute and try to remember to send free gifts daily?  We can get a lot of property stuff that way!
2010-10-28 7:41 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
There are now achievements for the missions.  Get missioning!

2010-11-14 6:40 PM

User image

Expert
Hatboro, PA
I had to go digging for this thread!

I finished all available levels of Italy.  It took me about an hour to take out the Episode 4 ruby boss, since I had to attack twice, go to the hospital in Moscow, attack twice, hospital in Moscow, and on and on.  Quite a bit annoying, but it worked.  I did the same thing with the Rumble in Russia fights and finished up the last one this morning.

So, I'm back to farming for baht in Bangkok.  I feel like there might be an end in sight, since I only have one more job to complete; however, I do need another 7 million baht before I can start that job.  Once I get all of the baht, I should be able to get it done fairly quick with the triple old city mastery (if it's not gone!).

I'm about half way through the missions needed for the achievements.  (I'm in the 50's and I need to do 100.)  I've started fighting in tournaments in Las Vegas to get some of those achievements, as well as the collection items.  I don't understand how MW decides who wins the tournaments; however, it's a way to use up stamina and win some items.
2010-11-14 8:53 PM
in reply to: #3210533

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
phillybarb - 2010-11-14 6:40 PM I had to go digging for this thread!

I finished all available levels of Italy.  It took me about an hour to take out the Episode 4 ruby boss, since I had to attack twice, go to the hospital in Moscow, attack twice, hospital in Moscow, and on and on.  Quite a bit annoying, but it worked.  I did the same thing with the Rumble in Russia fights and finished up the last one this morning.

So, I'm back to farming for baht in Bangkok.  I feel like there might be an end in sight, since I only have one more job to complete; however, I do need another 7 million baht before I can start that job.  Once I get all of the baht, I should be able to get it done fairly quick with the triple old city mastery (if it's not gone!).

I'm about half way through the missions needed for the achievements.  (I'm in the 50's and I need to do 100.)  I've started fighting in tournaments in Las Vegas to get some of those achievements, as well as the collection items.  I don't understand how MW decides who wins the tournaments; however, it's a way to use up stamina and win some items.

I miss our thread.   I'm glad you found it.

I am definitely going to be done with Vegas before Bangkok.  I'm waiting for 1.7M Baht at the moment.  That will be a few weeks.  I only have the last two levels of Vegas left.  But I'm stuck on a bunch of social jobs...which don't take that much energy, but I'd rather have people help me with them.

I hope I'm done with Bangkok before Italy!  Hopefully once I finish Episode 6 I can sell off all that stuff to finish 7....I'm really surprised that they haven't quietly cut down the cost of the Bangkok stuff...

I am in the 80's for missions done I think...20ish more to go.  People keep letting missions I've finished my job on expire.   Frustrating.  I haven't touched the tournament achievements at all.  I spend all my stamina on fight jobs mostly.  I haven't robbed in ages...just enough to get the Vegas achievement.  I was going to fight in Bangkok for Baht but now I need to ice a bunch of people in Italy for that achievement.

So much to work on...hopefully they don't open another city for awhile!
2010-11-15 6:22 PM

User image

Expert
Hatboro, PA
I'm hoping they do open another city soon, since I only have that last job in Bangkok to do.  (After fighting, robbing, and doing other Bangkok jobs, I got about 1 million baht today!  If I can do that every day, I only have 6 more days until I can do the job.)  I do have some finishing up to do, as I can farm for property parts in Las Vegas, New York, and Italy to fully upgrade those properties.
2010-11-15 7:44 PM
in reply to: #3212317

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
phillybarb - 2010-11-15 6:22 PM I'm hoping they do open another city soon, since I only have that last job in Bangkok to do.  (After fighting, robbing, and doing other Bangkok jobs, I got about 1 million baht today!  If I can do that every day, I only have 6 more days until I can do the job.)  I do have some finishing up to do, as I can farm for property parts in Las Vegas, New York, and Italy to fully upgrade those properties.

Wow, $1M Baht in one day?  how much energy do you have?  and which job are you doing?
2010-11-15 7:51 PM
in reply to: #3212402

User image

Champion
the colony texas
still hating Bangkok,, makes me not want to play... just waiting on money 

2010-11-16 6:06 AM
in reply to: #3212402

User image

Expert
Hatboro, PA
jldicarlo - 2010-11-15 8:44 PM
phillybarb - 2010-11-15 6:22 PM I'm hoping they do open another city soon, since I only have that last job in Bangkok to do.  (After fighting, robbing, and doing other Bangkok jobs, I got about 1 million baht today!  If I can do that every day, I only have 6 more days until I can do the job.)  I do have some finishing up to do, as I can farm for property parts in Las Vegas, New York, and Italy to fully upgrade those properties.

Wow, $1M Baht in one day?  how much energy do you have?  and which job are you doing?

For jobs, I'm doing the one in Episode 7, level 4 that costs 144 energy.  I'm also fighting and robbing solely in Bangkok.  I've been getting some pretty good hits there.  My energy is around 3100 and my stamina is around 900.
2010-11-17 9:43 PM
in reply to: #3212660

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
phillybarb - 2010-11-16 6:06 AM
jldicarlo - 2010-11-15 8:44 PM

For jobs, I'm doing the one in Episode 7, level 4 that costs 144 energy.  I'm also fighting and robbing solely in Bangkok.  I've been getting some pretty good hits there.  My energy is around 3100 and my stamina is around 900.

Wow, you have me crushed.  I'm just under 1.8k energy and almost 800 stamina I think.

Sometimes when I am about to level up and have several hundred energy remaining I'll go do the 263 energy job in level 6 or 7 because it gets you $17k or so.  Otherwise I'm just letting it build up via the properties since I have so much left to do in Vegas and Italy. 
2010-11-19 8:54 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
I think they have started giving skill points for successful mission accomplishment...pretty easy way to get skills points IMHO...it doesn't take that much energy or stamina to do a mission...far less than completing a full job mastery....
2010-11-21 6:39 PM

User image

Expert
Hatboro, PA
I finally finished Bangkok!!!
2010-11-23 12:10 PM
in reply to: #3220522

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
phillybarb - 2010-11-21 6:39 PM I finally finished Bangkok!!!

Congrats!  I am stuck on the final job of the third round of Level 7 and fourth round of Level 6...need more Baht....I've even considered selling off Level 7 stuff so i can finish Level 6, but realized that would just put me further behind.

2010-11-23 12:14 PM
in reply to: #3223374

User image

Sensei
Sin City
I need another 3 mill to get the items for the last job in chapter 3 of the last tier.. 

It should be easy to finish the job, but then I don' t know what I need to bye to have enough for the last job in the finale...  I hope I can sell off a few things.  If not, it will take another month.  But i have been happy with getting italy done, which is close.

(of course the "finish him" is a one time only no brainer)  So just two more jobs to finish and I'm done with Bangkok forever.
2010-11-29 1:08 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
I think I will be done with Vegas before Bangkok.

I was depending on selling my Episode 6 stuff to do Episode 7 but thankfully I just remembered that much of the Episode 7 stuff is also used in 6 so I won't be able to sell it all off.  Pook.  Hopefully I'll have my last job in 6 done in about a week and then I need about 8 mil for the last job in level 3 of Episode 7....
2010-11-29 8:15 PM
in reply to: #3229082

User image

Expert
Westchester, NY

I finally finished Bangkok the other day.  Whew!  Now I am concentrating on LV and Italy.  Also, very close to finally getting the 1 trillion $ in NY.  How much do you need after bank fees?

2010-11-29 8:21 PM
in reply to: #3229617

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Fatdoggy - 2010-11-29 8:15 PM

I finally finished Bangkok the other day.  Whew!  Now I am concentrating on LV and Italy.  Also, very close to finally getting the 1 trillion $ in NY.  How much do you need after bank fees?

It depends.  Are you banking with a 7% or 10% penalty?  Just use Excel to figure it out.  Put in the amount to bank, figure 7% and 10%, subtract it, and make sure it's still $1T.

I have my second Trillion saved up in NY.  I'm not going to bank it.  Just wait for the $10T...one of these years I'll finish all the cities before they put out a new one and I'll have time to work on the bigger money.

I'm guessing weeks before I finish Bangkok.  
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » FB Mafia Wars Support Group Rss Feed  

of 79